[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's goin on tonight? i'm about to bake cookies.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
what's goin on tonight? i'm about to bake cookies.
>>
I'm cleaning my house
>>
>>23368121
I'm real lonely and doing nothing. I'm upset that none of my friends I texted wanted to get together tonight.
>>
I'm just visiting my grandparents for the first time in two years. Grandma got a concussion, so I figured now'd be a good time, since she's 71 and probably ain't gonna be around much longer.
>>
>>23368217
at least you have friends
>>
>>23368121
I baked some pot cookies if that counts?
>>
>>23368239
I'm starting to worry they aren't even real friends, and it's only just a couple anyways
>>
>>23368258
Y-Ye, is that you?
>>
jeez, sounds like we're all lonely fucks...
>>
>>23368239
I don't really have any real friends either. I fee like I should make an effort but I'm not really that bothered most of the time
>>
>>23368299
people don't like me so i just don't have friends. no matter what i've tried, my entire life, everyone hates me so i simply stopped trying. better this way, honestly.
>>
File: 39368.jpg (119 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
39368.jpg
119 KB, 720x1280
Made fuud too - liver and spinach with rice!
>>
>>23368299
I wish I at least had people to do things with, like a normal person. I don't think it'll happen though. I'm 22 and people have already pretty much chosen their people they want to keep around.

Thus I also have a hard time dating or doing anything else like that, because there's no natural way of meeting people.

I'm about to start a new job but it's at a warehouse so I figure everybody else there will have spouses and children.
>>
Bout to make that monkey bread.

Aw yeah
>>
i'm just spending my evening baking, playing video games and watching classic rvb
>>
anyone wanna hang out in here and talk?
>>
>>23368569
sure, where are you from
>>
>>23368586
originally california. now sorta all over.
>>
>>23368604
What does that mean? Are you like a couch surfer?
>>
>>23368121
>what's goin on tonight?
Not much and by "not much", I mean literally nothing. As I'm typing this, all I'm doing is sitting on my bed and staring at my computer screen as I navigate different the same three sites I've been navigating for years. I'll most likely continue doing this for the next three hours until I finally take a shower, down some Benadryl, and go to sleep.
>>
>>23368641
are you me?

>>23368638
eh, kinda. lost my family for being a lesbian. girlfriend and i now kinda move around from time to time, though hopefully that'll stop after the next few months. i really wanna settle down.
>>
>>23368676
I'm you, but stronger.
>>
>>23368676
California seems like a weird place to move away from if you're gay
>>
>>23368706
i had to get away from my folks. mentally abusive as fuck.
>>
>>23368776
Why move around so much now? Just go somewhere idyllic like PNW or somewhere you know you'll be able to get a job.
>>
I'm drunk right now so I might be rood but why make this thread? Trying to be cute or something anon? Did do you feel low self esteem that you'd make this thread?
>>
>>23368833
pnw? sorry i'm kinda braindead today

>>23368844
to chat with people? idk lol
>>
POST COOKIES
You're super cute.
I just watched Hard Candy and now I'm taking a break on here. It's been a busy day I had to work in the morning.
>>
>>23368706
The whole state is horribly gentrified and impossible for young people out on their own
>>
>>23369163
<3 you're a huge sweetheart. speaking of movies like that, i've been meaning to watch "big bad wolves" for a while now...perhaps tomorrow!
>>
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 750x1334
Trying to feel alright, listening to things online. Have to exercise soon. Girl drama.
>>
File: hard_candy_by_foofoo.jpg (145 KB, 600x1043) Image search: [Google]
hard_candy_by_foofoo.jpg
145 KB, 600x1043
>>23369303
> <3 you're a huge sweetheart.
dawwwww bae
I just recently saw it for the first time last weekend (because what better movie to watch when you're single on Vday) and had to see it again. I can't get over how creepy-good it is. NEver heard of big bad wolves though.

I've also moved around a bit to get away from the family. Where are you at now? (I'm going to Alaska in a few weeks)
>>
>>23369306
what kinda girl drama? i'm a girl who dates girls, i might be able to help.

>>23369317
god we had a different v-day lol my gf took me to see deadpool. i'd never heard of big bad wolves either until a guy we know stopped by with it on his external drive a few months back. we are living in the desert at the moment, moving near oregon at some point soon. why alaska?
>>
>>23369350
I've just always wanted to go, there's a lot of work up there and it's pretty much the end of the road lol.

imbd mentioned an Israeli movie from 2013 is that the same big bad wolves?
>>
>>23369417
i believe so. like i said i haven't watched it yet so i'm not certain lol but it IS foreign.

well that's cool about alaska ^^ i really don't know where i wanna live anymore. nowhere has ever felt like home to me...
>>
>>23369350
She's going from being super friendly and starting conversation and all to it feeling like she's ignoring me. She said I'm like no one she met before and she's done this before. She's never been in a real relationship and I hope she's just unwilling to be vulnerable for my egos sake
>>
>>23369424
>nowhere has ever felt like home to me...
RIGHT
IN
THE
FEELS

So what else do you do with your time other than make cookies and torture pedos
>>
>>23369428
hmmm...generally i stay away from girls who do that sorta shit. i had a thing with this girl and her wife a year ago who were in an open thing and they totally did this sort of shit to me. so frustrating. i know how ya feel man.

>>23369444
i'm sorry to hit you in the feels lol uh, i make art and stuff. play video games. i read a LOT.
>>
File: 1455208135543.jpg (294 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1455208135543.jpg
294 KB, 960x640
>>23369474
It's okaayyyyy hun I was just commiserating.
I also read a lot, mostly non-fiction, but I also like Truman Capote and James Michener. Right now I am reading a book on the history of Saudi Arabia. What kind of art do you do - paint, charcoal?
>>
File: Photo on 2016-02-11 at 18.16 #3.jpg (111 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2016-02-11 at 18.16 #3.jpg
111 KB, 640x480
>>23369517
i draw a lot, and just make things, kinda, craftsy kinda stuff. i'm currently reading "no country for old men". i haven't been feeling very creative lately though...been rather depressed honestly.
>>
Nothing much, got off work about an hour ago, drinking a beer, eating some dinner.
>>
>>23369557
watcha havin? gf is making ravioli here.
>>
>>23369527
That's kind of funny because one of my coworkers was just telling me about the book. It's been a while since I saw the movie but I remember really liking it.

YOU ARE SO CUTE

And I know how that is. You're stuck somewhere you don't want to be but also don't know WHERE you want to be and it's just like... running in circles without accomplishing anything. Exactly what I've been feeling.
>>
>>23369575
well i'd read 'the road' a few years back and didn't really like it all that much, but i wanted to try his other stuff. this book is awesome, so that's good. funny about your co-worker telling you about it! lol

yeah idk. i've dealt with depression since i was a little girl and it's only gotten worse. meds and therapy have only ever exacerbated the issues and never helped. i just deal with it in my own way now, generally through my art.

but yeah, idk really what i wanna do. i kinda really wanna go to school and become a kindergarten teacher. i'd also like to publish my own work someday.

also thank you for saying i'm cute! ^_^
>>
>>23369561
Chicken, rice and plantains, about the only thing that doesn't cost an arm and a leg here.
>>
>>23369600
where are you?
>>
>>23369601
St. Thomas, USVI.
Food is easily double the price here compared to the rest of the U.S
>>
>>23369610
originally california.
>>
>>23368121
You're cute
>>
>>23369625
thanks!
>>
File: 1431734692679.jpg (78 KB, 500x686) Image search: [Google]
1431734692679.jpg
78 KB, 500x686
>>23369593
So you write, too?
I've been trying to get back into writing but I can never come up with anything. I used to all the time though, and won a playwriting competition in college.

siiiigh.

Do you have a deviantart or somewhere where you post your art/writing?
>>
>>23369639
i don't really write online these days. i've been working on novels. finished two this past summer, almost done with a third and now starting a fourth and fifth. i've been living on a farm for a year, so i've had a LOT of time to write lol

wow you won a playwriting competition? jeez. i took a film class and i can write screenplays, but i've never won jack. probably because i've never entered anything. but that's cool! you should keep trying!
>>
>>23369645
Oh I wasn't even in any drama classes or anything, and it was just community college :P but yeah it feels good to reminisce. I'm only 24 but I feel old.

What are your novels about? You can sell your own work as an e-book on Amazon these days
>>
>>23369683
i'm only 26 and i feel ancient.

i know and my gf and i have discussed self publishing all year but i really like the idea of old school publishing. um, i mean i'm kinda protective cause i don't want people taking my ideas obviously (not saying anyone would but ya never can be too careful) but most of my stuff has to do with mental health and illness. i'm writing one about bees and cults and autism right now. that's as comfortable as i am about giving info away, sorry...i must sound bitchy...
>>
>>23369683
here's a screenshot of some dialogue.
>>
File: super creepy.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
super creepy.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>23369699
> must sound bitchy...
No not at all. I like these kinds of threads. And i know what you mean, several of my family members love their kindles to death but I just can't get past it, I need REAL PAPER lol. Bees are cool, I always thought putting on the netting suit and being a beekeeper would be such a cool job. Or did you mean something else lol.
>>
>>23369746
the weight of a real book, yes. that's what i truly like!
>>
File: Photo on 2016-01-27 at 13.27.jpg (95 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2016-01-27 at 13.27.jpg
95 KB, 640x480
>>23369746
yay selfie sharing time!
>>
>>23369753
so what are some of your favorite things you have read
>>
>>23369794
uh...i read a LOT of douglas coupland. probably my favorite author. i also really like jonathan tropper, terry pratchett, brian jacques, sylvia plath, anything john waters writes.

some of my favorite books are disco bloodbath, john dies @ the end, the little prince, hitchhikers guide, battle royale, house of leaves, flowers for algernon, gods debris, a boy & his dog, confessions of a crap artist and so many more lol
>>
people wanna post desktops?
>>
>>23369805
lol I don't know any of those.
Except, you mean Terry Pratchett from the Pythons?
>>
>>23369835
the guy who wrote the discworld series. I believe you're thinking of Terry Gilliam, who is also awesome.

i read a LOT of obscure shit lol
>>
>>23369830
I WILL JUDGE YOURS SO HARD
>>23369842
lol derp. That's not the first time I've confused them either. What music do you like?
>>
>>23369861
uh...i really like the dresden dolls, cake, sleater-kinney, beck, cloud cult (my absolute favorite), flobots, badly drawn boy, the beatles, eve 6

desktop screenshot included.
>>
>>23369884
My dad really liked eve.6, I had an ex who was into Beck so we would always listen to Burro.
Have you heard Easy Star's Lonely hearts Dub Band? It's the whole of sgt peppers done in reggae, really cool.

Also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_5V62wxnWY
Since Norwegian Wood was the first western song to have a sitar, this punjabi band did it in their own language
>>
>>23369901
yeah my gf introduced me to that easy star album this past year actually! i'm not usually a reggae fan but it was pretty dope, yo.

my mom was super into beck. i hate my mother but at least she gave me some good musical tastes.
>>
>>23369909
Yeah they also did some other albums. I really like covers in general. Mostly I listen to a lot of metal.

It was good talking to ya but I'ma head out. Stay bumped yall.
>>
>>23369959
ok hun! have a nice evening! thanks for talking!!
>>
>>23368121
Wow, /SOC/ is full of tonnes of extremely attractive people. Kinds intimidating really. Anyways, I like your hat OP. Looks cute on you.
>>
>>23370693
thanks! ^_^ i got it for about 5 bucks at the mall on sale lol
>>
>>23368121
get rekt in street fighter V. these japanese people are too good
>>
>>23371496
At least you were able to play, with all the connectivity issues. Do you play ultra?

>>23369699
Sounds cool. I started writing a book about suicide last year, but since my mood has changed to better, I decided to drop the project altogether. Good luck with yours, you sound alright.

>>23369746
Yes, please. I got used to reading manga and comics online because they're are many more things you can get digitally, but for books, I need the actual physical book.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.