[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where are the old people at? Anyone who remembers the election
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Where are the old people at?

Anyone who remembers the election of Bush Sr welcomed.

32 m
>>
6.5 f
>>
i was in elementary school when Bush Sr was elected.
>>
Shhh! Matlock is on.
>>
I'm 33 soon.
Then what?
>>
Will be 30 tomorrow.
>>
>>23353339
So young and youthful.
>>
40/m checking in. My family are all Democrats, andb I wasn't old enough to vote for Bush, although I dont recall anyone thinking he was the devil or anything. The political landscape was very different back then..
>>
31/f. I don't know as I can say I really remember his election, but I definitely remember him being in office early on. I guess I don't think too much about my age. On the one hand, it scares the shit out of me that my fun, carefree days are over. On the other hand, I remember thinking I knew it all until I turned about 23 and realized I didn't know anything... now I'm staying to figure it out. So meh, all in all, it's not so bad to be old.
>>
>>23353669
Starting to figure it out, even. Still hasn't figured out how to proofread, clearly.
>>
>>23353669
40/m here. Yeah I gotta tell you I didn't really start to get my shit together, in any capacity until I turned 30. And it was NOT instantaneous. It took time and work.

40 feels good man
>>
35 male. Remember clearly watching the night vision videos of the bombing of Iraq and the scud missile launches. Tfw coming up on 20 year reunion. Doesn't feel that long ago.
>>
49 M
I remember a time before cell phones, internet, cable tv, home computers.
>>
I liked Ike.
>>
>>23353087
6.5 F
Huh?
>>
>>23353669
Lol I was old at 25. Married, kids, mortgage...
I got young again when I divorced at 39
Life is simpler and better now!
>>
>>23354777
You mean 1990? It really wasn't that long ago. Even up til about 2005 not everyone had their face wedged into a cellphone screen.
>>
>>23354861
Sort of...
Cable TV came around in mid 70s in my area.
Forgot to mention no home video games... whatever.
>>
39/m here. I remember where I was when the Challenger exploded.

I feel like I'm an old fuck
>>
>>23355072
It was winter. I remember too.
Right as, or right before, a pipe burst in the wall in my mom's bathroom, and she was yelling at me to go get some towels and shit and I went in my room to get some dirty ones I'd left on the floor and on the TV I saw the shuttle blow up and I stopped to watch it and totally forgot about my Mom.

She yelled and I finally woke up and took her the towels and told her the shuttle blew up and she called me a liar. That's why I punched her while she was comatose in the hospital.
>>
>>23355088
Well, all's well that ends well.
>>
32/m

I remember bush running for re-election. Didnt go so well for him.
>>
>>23356190
He would have won were it not for Perot splitting the conservative vote. This was the truest sign American Presidential elections were becoming (or had already become) circuses.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.