[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Illness Thread! >ASL >Depression? >Anxiety?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1451611214419.gif (33 KB, 236x255) Image search: [Google]
1451611214419.gif
33 KB, 236x255
Mental Illness Thread!

>ASL
>Depression?
>Anxiety?
>Mental Illness?
>Problems it causes you.
>pictures
>Contact info if willing,or want to find help?

>ASL
18/f/wa
>Depression?
major depression,sucide is something i think about constantly,but im to much of a pussy. someday ill be a hero.
>Anxiety?
generalized anxiety. i get panick attacks about 3-20x a week.
>Mental Illness?
schitzoaffective,borderline personality disorder,anxiety,depression.
>Problems it causes you.
Well the 3 days ago i had a panick attack that turned into a psychosis episode. and thought there were bees under my skin, so i cut myself with a razor blade to get em out. i also looked in the mirror and my face changed,like i was someone else. and it stayed that way for 3 days everything i looked in the mirror. except for in picture. :/
>Contact info if willing.
kik:jordiep00h
>>
I don't have a mental illness, and any depression or anxiety that I get is inconsequential compared to anyone that actually suffers from either of them, but I don't like seeing people in dark places, talking about taking their own life and would be more than happy to talk, or just listen if you/anyone needs. I
>>
I described my symptoms in another thread a few weeks ago, and someone pointed me to
>Alexithymia

I usually despise people who self diagnose from the internet, but it seems pretty apt. Treating myself like a robot seems like the only thing that I can do to steer away from episodes of intense, prolonged depersonalization.
>>
>>23088535
M/40/philly
I also have almost the same thing you have except the bee thing.
Ive had three episodes with panic so bad they thought it was my heart...
Three hospital visits... :-( now tons of bills....
>>
>>23088740
i know the feeling man. ive gone to the hospitals a couple times. and ive been in a mental ward for a week a month ago.

i highly recommend next time u see a psychiatrist or a doctor to try to get benzo. they calm me down. half a mg for a sorta bad ep. and 3mg for hard core one.

ive been ripped apart and my heart and head wanna pop and i wanna faint(in some cases i have) but stare at a wall. avoid people,and dont close your eyes. and what really helps me is not panicking about what you see,whenever you hear a noise be like "haha mustve been the cat" and not panick.
>>
29/F

I've been really depressed for a while now and the last few months or so have been really hard.

My life has never been easy but I've always found some way to enjoy life, to make myself and others laugh, to remain positive... But I haven't been able to for a while now and it's only getting worse.

I sleep as much as I can because when I'm awake I have this constant feeling of overwhelming hopelessness, of immense sadness that I can't shake no matter what I do... I'm constantly on the verge of tears, of having a breakdown, and I've never been someone that cries easily... I've always been able to bounce back, to deal with whatever shit came my way, but I just can't do it anymore.

A few weeks ago I tried to OD. I took a ton of pills but my husband came home from work and found me just in time... I thought that he was working overtime that day but he got off early. He rushed me to the hospital and they said that if he hadn't gotten me there when he did, I would have died.

I wish that he wouldn't have come home early that day.
>>
>ASL
21/f/us
>Depression?
mild depression caused by chronic fatigue
>Anxiety?
massive anxiety because my family's background didnt allow for me to see a professional until I became an adult and got help on my own.
>Mental Illness?
bipolar disorder
>Problems it causes you.
extremely difficult to maintain friendships and relationships due to drastic mood swings that I cannot control. also difficult to talk with because I change the subject often.
>pictures
I could share on kik if asked
kik: HydroAcid
>>
>ASL
24 m
>Depression?
Yes
>Anxiety?
Not that I'm aware of
>Mental Illness?
None other
>Problems it causes you.
It's very hard to get out of bed or do anything some days. Today is one of them. Writing this is the most productive thing I've done all day.
>pictures
Nah. I don't like myself
I used to have a therapist, I have meds and if I find the strength to get up, I'll take them. Nothing a random anon could help me with. I'd need someone to rub my back and tell me everything is going to be alright though. Someone I believe that. But I've lost the only person I would have believed it a year ago.
>>
File: 1448836027050.jpg (2 MB, 4079x5955) Image search: [Google]
1448836027050.jpg
2 MB, 4079x5955
>ASL
22/butter knife/MN
>Depression?
I was born with it
>Anxiety?
I have phobias like not being good enough and not being loved back. I dont have the kind that gives me panic attacks or anything.
>Mental Illness?
Substance abuse disorder and treatment resistant depression
>Problems it causes you.
If you have an alcoholic in the family then I dont really need to explain the problems. I used to put the way i feel ahead of the people I cared the most about causing them to leave, eventually. I never wanted that to happen I just felt like dying alll the time and drugs and alcohol took that away for a brief period of time.
Now I have been sober for a year doing a twelve step program with a sponsor. I even have sponsees of my own now and speak in other cities (cause its rare to have someone my age sober and doing it a good way). I have gotten to travel (for free) to washington d.c. and atlanta to speak with other addicts. With all of that said depression kicks my ass a lot. Last night I slept for 14 hours and I still think about death every single day. I still live in my past and miss a girl I pushed away through my use, lies and manipulation. I have accepted that depression is just a part of who I am and i have come to the realization that with people like me we either find healthy ways to cope with feeling chronically empty untill we die or we kill ourselves. Knowing my life has only two possible outcomes eases my uneasiness a little
Im overweight cause I dont have the drive to exercise but its not that bad. Im funny and I have a cute face so its not that hard to get laid but everytime I try I end up leaving because I still love my ex.

>pictures
I have no face
ask
>>
23/f/canada
>major depression disorder
>high anxiety
>also fibromyalgia
I have a hard time in public (anxiety attacks, usually large crowds of people or the fear of getting lost). I'm constantly on the 7+ scale for pain cause of my fibro. Jist constant stabbing all over, have a hard time with basic functions sometimes.
After battling with myself for years and thinking thats hust how life is I finally got a doctort. Been seeing her since september. Currently on cymbalta and abilify for the depression and anxiety. Lyrica and trigger point injections for fibro.
Things were going really well (constant thoughts of suicide had parted) but i think i need to go get my meds adjusted cause ive started getting that overwhelming feeling of doom and helplessness again
>>
i'm a 33 year-old guy with a history of chronic depression and anxiety. I'd like to reach out to anyone who is going through any of these things, as I know just having someone to listen to is so important. And because I know how severe and difficult these conditions are, perhaps I will understand better than others. Anyway, kik me- spacemanxs All the best x
>>
18/f/Illinois

>Depression?
Luckily got out of my depression about half a year ago when I realized what I wanted to do with my life, but I used to cut myself and had suicidal thoughts, it was shitty
>Anxiety?
I was diagnosed about a year ago. I've been living with it since a couple years before and still struggle with it
>Mental Illness?
OCD and anxiety, mysophobia
>Problems it causes you
Being afraid of germs and sick people really fucks me up because there's always someone coughing or saying they don't feel well. Even if someone has a headache, I assume they are about to become sick and my heart races, then I start to get whatever symptoms other people have around me. The heart racing part is really bad for my health because I have tachycardia already. My resting heart rate is about 85, but when I have anxiety it can reach up to 135. I've been trying to combat this through exposure therapy, I volunteer in an ER. It's surprisingly helped. Also, I used to avoid A LOT of foods strictly because of e coli, but that's died down. Still avoid seafood. All in all the issues have started to clear up as I've worked on them, and I can see myself getting better in 2016. That's the goal.
>>
>ASL
19/f
severe anxiety and depression. i was als recently diagnosed with avpd
it ruined my ability to do well in school or make friends so now im a lonely neet because i couldnt get into college. It also prevents me from getting a job because i get so overwhelmed and almost cry in interviews. currently im in a period where i feel like i wont achieve anything in my life (kinda stupid because im 19) so i have been thinking about suicide. any time ive thought about suicide in the past its been like 'i could do it' or 'whats stopping me?' but lately its 'i should'
>>
>>23090581
:) sounds like your trying. good job anon.
>>
I'm not a doctor or a therapist or anything but I'm usually free and a good listener. If anyone here needs to talk you can kik me I'll message you as soon as possible.

Kik: Finitengiht
>>
is there anyone, who has more knownledge about disorders?
i feel bad because of a lot of reasons but i do not have the time and motivation to think about therapy or something.
i just would be interested in some kind of diagnosis or maybe someone can give me a name for it.
>>
>ASL
21/M/Portland, OR
>Depression?
Yep, and dysthymia.
>Anxiety?
General anxiety disorder
>Mental Illness?
One psych wanted to give me a bipolar type 2 diagnosis but I stopped going before it was official.
>Problems it causes you.
I feel like shit all the time. I have issues with sleep, motivation, everything. I did bad in school because I was too depressed and thinking about suicide a lot. I worry for my future. I lack motivation and don't have a clear plan in life. Very low self esteem and insecurities. I have lots of difficulties with people and find it near impossible to make friends. Bad relationship with my family, never had a girlfriend so I feel isolated and lonely a lot. I want kids and I'm worried I'll never meet someone who wants to have them with me. Basically every part of every day is a massive struggle and has been for years now. Used to self harm and still use drugs and drink daily.
>pictures
Nah
If I meet someone I like in the thread I'll share info with them. I prefer to know people first.
>>
I'm upset. Bad childhood. I feel like that precedent has ruined any sense of hope I would have but I try not to focus on that because changing the past is impossible. Being in love sucks too.
>>
I want you all to know that you come off as really strong individuals. I have generalised anxiety as well as depression and knowing you guys are still here makes me feel a little bit stronger.
>>
I hope u all die it would be better for humanity
>>
File: 1449579667703.gif (18 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1449579667703.gif
18 KB, 340x340
>>23093425
nothing i haven't told myself before

good luck with that attitude famalam
>>
>ASL
21/m/UK
>Depression?
"Moderate" depression was the diagnosis but it feels alot worse most days
>Anxiety?
I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety but I see very little of the anxiety
>Mental Illness?
Borderline Diagnosis
>Problems it causes you.
Constant depreciation followed by arrogant outburst. Occasional bouts of self harm followed but stupid rationalisation. Thinking I have no-one to turn to and entering a vicious cycle.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.