[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you still hang out with somebody if you discovered that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 20151222_014139-1.jpg (539 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
20151222_014139-1.jpg
539 KB, 960x1280
Would you still hang out with somebody if you discovered that he/she has autism?
>>
Hang out with? Depending on the severity probably yeah. See as a potential partner? No.
>>
Idk why you wouldn't. To me that's like finding out their pubes are a different color than their hair, why the fuck does it matter? If they're cool then fuck it, friends are friends.
>>
Yes. I was already hanging out with them, it wasn't an issue before so it shouldn't be now.
>>
>>23086868
Autism isn't as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be. Its mostly used these days to identify individuals who suffer from a particular sense of incompetence, which truly has nothing to do with autism.
>>
File: free-smiley.jpg (59 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
free-smiley.jpg
59 KB, 600x600
>>23086868
>discovered

it's not like they have to tell you

>mfw aspies think people can't tell they have aspergers
>>
only the girls, because the autistic males i've met are fucking violent assholes
>>
A friend I play vidya with is autistic. He's very quiet but the guys smart as hell when he feels like opening up. Like he'll type out using all these big words and stuff but when we get on chat you can tell he is very reserved and will only really be himself with me and my other buddy
>>
>>23087783
Well that or they won't talk to anyone while they obsess over whatever they are into.

A friend of the family has an autistic 13-year-old and I actually managed to get through to him this past summer by talking to him a little about networking, scripting, and watching Doctor Who with him.

The only problem was that he didn't want to go to bed when his mom was calling for him, so I just told him I was tired after another episode.

Besides that he's ok.

Well, except the one time he pretended to strangle a girl I had over. That was kind of awkward.
>>
Tfw I "discovered" I had autism and then had spec ed in highschool
>>
>>23086868
If they have autism and I didn't notice until I actually dug to find out/had to be told then what difference does it make? The nigga is still mah nigga
I actually have an autistic friend and he's a fucking bro
>>
>>23086868

One of my best friends is autistic
And also came out as transgender a few years ago

the autism doesn't show as much as it used to, it's not that big an issue anymore
>>
I wouldn't hang out with him because he's so dumb he actually believes he has "autism", and not realizing he's just played the part in a pseudo-science and was told by a quack that he had "autism".
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.