[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all know the drill.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: okcupid-logo-pgn.png (40 KB, 564x577) Image search: [Google]
okcupid-logo-pgn.png
40 KB, 564x577
We all know the drill.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/_Gaston_/
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/_Gaston_/
Really curious what others think about my profile.

I'll do my best to keep up with the thread and critique as many profiles as possible as long as it stays up, so please don't hesitate to critique my profile during any point in the threads lifetime as I'll be routinely checking up on it.
>>
>>23017238
I'm stuck at self-summary. What the fuck should I write, it feels like I don't even know myself.
>>
>>23018123

I know this feel, anon. Im getting a phone for Christmas and I'm going to make a tinder page, but I know I'm just going to to struggle summarising a profile.
>>
You seem to be an interesting, intelligent, artsy guy. Even funny.
And you look like the young Jigsaw, that's a bit creepy.

Any success yet?
A sapiosexual girl would instantly fall in love with you.
For me it was a bit too long to read, I am an impatient person. So didn't read everything.

Looks way better than my profile but I am a complete different person. More of a creative thinker, absolutely no artist.

Just updated the text.
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/_DanieI/
>>
>>23017251
You need some better pictures of you. Overall you seem pretty chill. Maybe add things about you that are better conversation starters?

>>23018342
Handsome. Your thinking about section seems a bit pretentious, and your message me if section could have something that makes messaging you easier, but overall in good shape

And me, http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Z_Andrew/
>>
>>23018427
Can't say anything negative man, even the pictures look like they're scientifically selected to present you in your whole spectrum haha

It is also a lot to read but I find it easier to read than Gaston's.

How is your success?
>>
>>23018123
Just write about your interests and whatnot. Just try and make yourself sound like the kind of person others might express romantic or sexual interest in.
>>23018342
Thanks.
I know the profile is a bit verbose, but I myself am an exceptionally verbose person so I thought I'd try and express that in a way that's at least somewhat entertaining to read.

I've had decent success from the site I guess, I'll routinely get unsolicited messages or "likes" from girls on the site, but a lot of them (at least in my area) bore me too much for me to want to keep the conversation going or even meet them.
Tinder has been great for me though.

>http://www.okcupid.com/profile/_DanieI/
Your profile isn't bad, but I'd maybe get rid of the first picture as it's not very flattering.
Maybe add a few more, including one of you with some friends. In my experience, that helps because it helps to assure girls that you have a social life and thus aren't some NEET serial killer.
>Bad at writing summaries.
I'd remove this part. You never want to express anything negative about yourself, even if its intended as a joke, self deprecating humor I've found can turn off a lot of girls from the site.
Overall a pretty decent profile though!
>>23018427
>Maybe add things about you that are better conversation starters?
I feel like my whole profile is nothing but possible conversation starters though?

Also, you have a really great profile.
>>
>>23017251
>http://www.okcupid.com/profile/_Gaston_/
a lot of turn offs for me personally, but i don't really see any red flags. i would take (you) out of your "6 things i could never do without" tho, that's pretty creepy/desperate. other than that, i think your personality comes through nicely

>>23018342
more photos.
>I eat like 90% vegan, 100% when I cook at home but it just makes my life a lot easier to be less picky even when it feels wrong.
this alienates you from both veg*ns and omnivores so i would just take it out, t b h
also whenever i see a guy who says in his profile he's leaving in less than a month i just don't see a point in contacting him, just saying

>>23018427
good photos, your profile is pretty good but i found the "thinking about" and "message me" sections to be a little cringeworthy
>>
>>23019456
>i would take (you) out of your "6 things i could never do without" tho, that's pretty creepy/desperate
Usually open to critiques, but it's a very obvious joke that actually has led to messages from girls in the past.
>>
File: migawari_lj.jpg (154 KB, 520x619) Image search: [Google]
migawari_lj.jpg
154 KB, 520x619
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/-edie

w2c advice to make my profile da best it can be
>>
>>23019461
okay, whatever you say. as a woman myself i would not message a guy back who had that in his profile. but if you think it's working for you, then by all means. it's your profile
>>
>>23019469
>http://www.okcupid.com/profile/-edie
i think your profile is the nicest so far. your photos are cute as hell, no shortage of them, the profile is nicely written and i like that you are brave enough to set some things straight right away but still able to be tactful about it. the only thing i would suggest is removing the last two things from your "what i'm good at" section but 9/10 for me (bi girl here tho)
>>
>>23019469
Cool, it would appear from my experiences with the site though that most girls are capable of understanding basic humor and are very well aware that I'm not actually referring to them specifically.
Maybe you should try this forum rather than OKCupid?
http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=6
>>
>>23019487
whoops, i meant to quote >>23019466
>>
>>23019494
>your reaction to criticism you asked for
>trying to convince me you're someone d8able

pick one
>>
>>23019466
>Woman
I kek'd
>>
>>23019466
Very nice profile.
Also, you're super QT. I hope that if I ever get the courage to come out I'll somehow be able to look half as good as you.
When did you start hormones if you don't mind me asking? I feel like it's far too late for me at 22.
>>23019514
I'm not trying to convince you of anything.
>>23019515
>>>/b/
>>
>>23019499
>>23019487

removed!! and thank you so much ^_^ i like your musical choices a lot. i would remove the whole section of "i spend a lot of time thinking about" though which is just removing the one word lol. i totally get the why, but i think it's not 100% necessary and it would just shorten your profile which for me anyways helps. for some reason the less sections i've had on my profile the more people have actually taken the time to read it lol

>>23019515

i would put trans woman, which i have done before, but whenever i do i get a ton of messages from men all over the world being creepy and perverse. i have no qualms with telling people i'm trans or whatever. it's just what it is yknow

>>23019518

thank ^_^ i didn't start HRT consistently till march of this year, though i had been on and off of it (around 6-8 months each time, then other shit got in the way unfortunately forcing me to stop taking them) since i was about 21. it's honestly not too late at your age. even people in their 30s still get good results.
>>
>>23018952
My success rate is alright. I tend to get a message back 50% of the time. I've even been messages first a handful of times. Only been on a few dates though, but the areas Id date from are kind of shitty, and the ages in interested in are still in college. College girls don't really need to, use a website to meet people unfortunately.

>>23019456
Yeah, I've been on the fence with them. Definitely going to change them up. Thanks!
>>
>>23019456
>whenever i see a guy who says in his profile he's leaving in less than a month i just don't see a point in contacting him, just saying
Yeah I don't want contacts right because because of that reason. Have bookmarked some girls to write when I am back.

>>23019377
>>23019456
Thanks for the suggestions!
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.