[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
need ideas for a tattoo to cover up some scars on my arm gonna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: scar.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
scar.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
need ideas for a tattoo to cover up some scars on my arm

gonna get some cortisone shits to flatten it out first, maybe some surgery to chop off the raised bits, but after that I'm thinkin tattoo to really cover it up

right now it's just too easy for people to say "woah wicked scars! what happened!" and start a conversation i'd rather not have

so, any ideas? already tossing around "big ornate roman catholic cross"
>>
>>22994929

Good luck man, my sister has bigger scars than that and it'd cost a fortune to remove them.

> let's just pretend you got them heroically in Iraq or something
>>
File: ARM.jpg (1 MB, 2448x1980) Image search: [Google]
ARM.jpg
1 MB, 2448x1980
Add some sails and a flag and now it is a pirate ship.
>>
>>22994935
yikes, well, hopefully the cortisone clears it up
i've been saying 'accident' and leaving it at that and quickly changing the subject.
i know i have it good compared to most people, honestly, i hope your sister's alright
>>
>>22994971
i unironically like that idea, anon, seriously
if i get it flattened i think i could come up with a good like, "woodcut print of a ship" design
>>
>>22994929
A big, throbbing dick
>>
Kek. Who found you? Or did you puss out?
>>
File: 2015-12-20 11.55.15.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-20 11.55.15.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>
>>22994929
woah wicked scars! why'd you cut down the stream?

pretty obvious bro, maybe l2 heal better? My scars arent that raised and red
>>
>>22994929
why don't u get a stay strong and infinite number tattoo???
>>
>>22994929
Looks more like an earthworm 2me>>22994971
>>22995123
>>
>>22995124
Because you were a bitch looking for attention unlike op who probablw actually wanted to die
>>
>>22995225
little salty are ye? I'm not stupid and illogical enough to cut myself, I got hit by a car. Also surgery, but of course surgery scars arent as bad, because those cuts are done by professionals and not myopic children
>>
File: smash logo.png (2 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
smash logo.png
2 KB, 225x225
People get the triforce shit all the time so the Smash logo would be nice
>>
>>22994929
Tattoo "don't ask me about my suicide attempt" along one side of it.
>>
>>22995612
Don't forget the date. I have several major scars would it be bad ass or weird to get them dated with tattoos
>>
Interesting thread. I've got multiple scars on my upper left arm. They aren't too deep but every time that part of my arm is in any way exposed I hurry to cover it up. It'd be nice to cover them up in a creative way.

OP, find a decent artist and if you manage to flatten them out a bit they'll definitely be able to give you some suggestions. They do coverups of old tattoos all the time, and they may even have experience covering up scar tissue already.
>>
How do people develop such harsh scarring?
I've sliced myself up pretty badly in the past and never had such bad scar tissue, then once I gave my cat a bath prior to cutting her nails and now I have a large raised scar up my arm from a small stupid incident. What causes bad scars like this, exactly? Because, for me at least, it doesn't seem to be based on depth.

OP you should get an hourglass to represent your continued time here.
>>
If my ID is different it's because I'm posting from my phone.

>22995124
>why'd you cut down the stream?
I was killing myself, anon, what does it look like?
>maybe l2 heal better? My scars arent that raised and red
Not much you can do to prevent hypertrophic scarring as far as I know, though maybe I could've put Vitamin E oil on it, I read somewhere that might help, I dunno.

>>22995365
That's actually really tight, I dig it.

>>22995612
Do you think they could fit "Yes, it's exactly what it looks like, and asking about it would be weird."?

>>22996790
Like I said, depending on ny insurance situation next year I'm gonna look into cortisone shots or surgery to flatten it out. You're right though, a tattoo artist is likely to have ideas for this sort of thing.

>>22995112
The combination of drugs I took actually gave me amnesia. So I dunno exactly what happened. All I remember is getting out of my car and trying to explain to the officers why I was okay, even though I was slurring my words and blood was pouring out of my sleeve. And then suddenly I was in a hospital gown getting stitches.
I'm grateful I survived, though. It was a very poor decision made in stupid desperation.
>>
>>22996870
Internet says "mechanical tension" on the wounds as it heals. Possibly in my case, the twisting of the skin that occurs on the forearm? Because I also cut along the inside of my elbow in a similar cross pattern and it healed with a normal, flat, white scar.

I love the hourglass idea. I love ornate hourglass designs.
>>
>>22996906

>It was a very poor decision made in stupid desperation.

We've all been there, man. It's awesome that you're trying to move past it.
>>
>>22996999
Thanks, friend. I'm making good progress in changing things so I don't end up there again.

Nice get.
>>
>>22997015
Good for you OP on putting your life together. But i think a tattoo is really a personal decision. I just got my first one a few weeks ago (im 23). I briefly mentioned the idea to a few people and some were not impressed with the symbol. But i ended up drawing it myself making it unique and cool looking to me, plus it has meaning.

Id suggesting thinking about things that mean something to you or represent a part of who you are then try and incorporate those into ideas and go from there.
>>
File: IMG_20151220_210916.jpg (472 KB, 2200x1320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151220_210916.jpg
472 KB, 2200x1320
>>22994929
>mfw I have several scars on my right wrist from suicide attempt too
>mfw I have a big ass nasty scar on my left wrist as result of a nasty accident that actually nearly killed me bleeding to death
>mfw i am thinking of a tatoo on my suicide attemp scars to cover up
>mfw then i think of that nasty big scar from an accident and i realize that fuck it, Im doomed to look like the manic depressive fuck I am. Anyways when nasty accident i was 13 and suicide was at 16. They are fading now. kinda. Pic is the accident one.

OP, I feel you hard and wish you the best decision because I still wear wrist bands on my left to hide my shame
>>
Have you considered scarification (I don't know if they can do it under the wrist like that though)?
>>
>>22997129
They can, but a tattoo well work better, I have 12. 3 cover scars.
>>
>>22994929
go the new surgery..maybe plastic surgeron can do something to your scars
>>
>>22994929
maaan, that's a helluva scar. i have 3 from botched suicide attempts (first two i got busted, second i started freaking out about all the blood) but none of them are that bad. the third one, which for me is the worst because it's the closest i came, gets covered up by my watch now. but the other two definitely draw comments (or they did when they were more noticeable and fresh), so i totally understand how you feel about that. it's really awkward to be at work or something and have a customer ask you where you got your scars and it's just like...uhm can you not? really? i got really sick of making up bullshit excuses, i started saying completely unbelievable shit so people would get the fucking big idea that i didn't want to talk about it. people can be nosy.

mederma has worked wonders for me on self-harm scars and stretch marks, you might try that. it's a little pricer but way cheaper than surgery for sure. i don't know if it would do anything about the texture of the scar as i don't have any raised scars, but it could certainly make it less red and gnarled looking.

good luck, op. i'm glad you didn't die
>>
>>22994929
Just get some scarification to cover it up. It will look cooler (in my opinion) and is less flashy.
Some simple scarification patterns like
A tattoo won't completely cover that u in certain lights, and having the bump removed before a tattoo will be a pain in the ass, I think.
>>
>>22996928
Ah, that makes sense, I guess.

I'm glad you like the idea, I like tattoos with meaning and it's not a dead give away, you can just say you liked the design.
>>
>>22997381
Yeah, it's kind of a doozy huh? it really jut LOOKS bad, it's just because of the hypertrophy. But I guess that's what happens when you open a flap to the fatty layer.

Yeah, customers are pains in the ass I bet. My deal is, I work with kids at a highschool as a debate coach and like, they obviously waited a "polite" number of practices before asking, which was nice of them, but still, it's not ever gonna be an appropriate topic.
Somebody asked about it and then someone else said it looked like a brand, so I just ran with it and said it was an attempt at marking me as the Antichrist but because they messed up I didn't qualify. Some scattered laughs and then i changed the subject.

Mederma might be a good option, I'm sure it would reduce the redness. I think the only option for flattening is pressure therapy or massages. I think pressure therapy might work, because part of the scar, the bit going across the arm, has already flattened out compared to the other bit.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I'm glad you're still kickin' around, too.

>>22997521
>>22997129
I dunno if adding more scars is exactly what I want to be doing. As much as I love the look of scarification, and I do, my fascination with it (and branding, as a form of body art) is kind of what contributed to the particular type of self-harm I inflicted on myself. I want to distance myself from them as much as possible.

>>22997083
It's okay, man, don't be ashamed. Depression isn't weakness. You're alive, and you're strong.
And hey, you had an actual accident, you can say both scars are from it, not just one.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.