[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I quit my job today after only working there for 5 days. My supervisor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1450302846967.png (31 KB, 420x294) Image search: [Google]
1450302846967.png
31 KB, 420x294
I quit my job today after only working there for 5 days. My supervisor was batshit insane, and I've just been through too many nutty supervisors over the years to put up with another one.

Before I went into work today, I wrote an objective, non-opinionated, page long letter to my supervisor's supervisor, detailing everything I observed my crazy supervisor do over the past 5 days that was against company policy, and I stated that I was quitting because I refused to be a part of such dishonest practices that were against company policy.

When I went into the office this morning, I didn't punch in, but I acted like everything was normal in front of my supervisor. Then I snuck into his supervisor's office, and put the letter onto his desk, walked out of the building, and got in my car, and drove home.Two hours later, I got a text message from my supervisor's supervisor after he read the letter. In the text message he apologized for my supervisor's behavior over the past 5 days, and asked me to call him to talk about it.

I didn't call him. I didn't write the letter so I could keep working there. I wrote the letter to say what others around me there were afraid to say, how batshit insane their supervisor was, and to do my little part in restoring balance to the universe.That's my job quitting story for today. Just wanted to get it off my chest.

Also, general job quitting story thread..........
>>
Was ur super male or female?
>>
Props anon
>>
>>22976728

My super was male. My super's super was male. I'm male.
>>
>>22976728
I was about to ask this. Because for some reason... Girls that become supervisors or any important position always become insane.

Anyway, I'm proud of you OP.
>>
>>22976709
>asked me to call him to talk about it.
You should for professionalism sake.
>>
>>22976754
>>22976781

Thanks. I'm currently 37, so I know better now what not to put up with. But I can tell you, in my twenties when I didn't know any better, for lots of years I put up with horrible treatment from many crazy bosses because I was young and my judgement about that kind of thing wasn't not good. It took me a lot of years to learn what to tolerate and not tolerate in the workplace.
>>
>>22976803

Normally I would call anon, because I agree with you, it is the right thing to do, but in this particular situation I know the call would be pointless. Even though my supervisor's supervisor is now aware of the behavior, I also know that my supervisor is not going to be fired. He will be reprimanded at most, but he will keep his job. My best case hope is that he at least treats both the existing and future employees under his supervision at least slightly better. Although with his mental condition, it is unlikely.

My supervisor's supervisor is an enabler, so most likely he will continue to enable things after reprimanding my supervisor.

That's just me trying to be realistic about things. It's rare that any supervisor actually "sees the light" and does something effective to bring positive change to a work environment.
>>
>>22976709
where are the fucking details, scrub?
What were they doing?
What stories did you hear from other employees?
>>
>>22976781
My boss is female and she's fine. Over half of my bosses have been women and most were ok
>>
>>22976709
Bump, this is the correct mindset to have while writing let's outlining problems. That being said, since they offered to talk to you it wouldn't hurt to give them a call. Maybe they'll give you a referral so you can work else where. Plus often times big companies like hearing problems as they are often so disconnected they don't hear such things. If they have a workers union of forward the letter to them so they are aware of things for other employees
>>
I didn't realize there was so much office drama at Burger King.
>>
>>22979111

So far I've only had two female bosses, and they were both bad supervisors. They weren't good at separating work and personal lives, and they weren't good at knowing the difference between isolated instances and common occurrences.
>>
I quit my job back in October. I was getting pissed that everyone else wanted to slack off and smoke during the last half hour of work. I'd already been put on notice for launching a haymaker at a 44 oz styrofoam cup of Mountain Dizzle. Felt the same rage building up again and told myself "well, if I don't quit now, i'll end up getting myself fired."
I loved the job, but God damn, it was not worth the stress for $9/hr. Much happier being an unemployed fuck than going home pissed off daily.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.