[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>your city >what you like about it >what you dislike
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Seattle_Skyline_tiny.jpg (112 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Seattle_Skyline_tiny.jpg
112 KB, 500x333
>your city
>what you like about it
>what you dislike about it
>optional: where you want move
>>
>>22938434
>your city
seattle

>what you like about it
liberal af + lots of good veggie places to eat + decent public transportation/walkability

yuppies + techies mostly, people aren't that nice, outrageous housing costs, surface level concern for the environment

portland
>>
>>22938969
i guess should clarify i like the minimum wage here, and the fact that uw is here because that's what is keeping me from moving
>>
File: Minneapolis.png (3 MB, 1600x1032) Image search: [Google]
Minneapolis.png
3 MB, 1600x1032
>your city
Minneapolis.
>what you like about it
Best cycling city on Earth. Great city in general. Perfect in almost every way.
Mountains are too far away. Winters are too mild and too short (yes, I'm being serious). That's pretty much all.
Nowhere, but I want to travel to the mountains to ski whenever possible.
>>
>>22938434
Grand Rapids, MI

I like that we're beer city USA.

I hate that it's Michigan.

Still probably won't move
>>
>>22938434
>your city
Mesa
>what you like about it
Might not be much but its home
A lot immigration destroying it.
Abroad, Germany or something.(Ironic I know)
>>
>>22938434
>your city
Melbourne
>what you like about it
Lots of things to do, very new looking, public transport is good
Hipsters, house prices (fucking chinks and old cunts)
>optional: where you want to move
Nowhere, but if I was forced to then Madrid in Spain
>>
Tacoma
Cheap rent nice museums and culture
Lots of drugs and crime
I want to move to tacoma
>>
>your city
Los Angeles
>what you like about it
The nature (mountains+beach+national parks+deserts) the weather
everything else
>optional: where you want to move
SF, Copenhagen, or Sydney
>>
Vancouver.

I like the mountains, the ocean, the nature. The city itself is very beautiful IMO, has one of the best universities in the country.

Hate that's there isn't much of a sense of community or identity. There's no "Vancouver signature" food/whatever, except maybe Japadog, but I'm pretty sure they have that in other places too. Artificially expensive housing is making the city less liveable.

I'd like to move to Vilnius maybe, or Stuttgart.
>>
>>22938434
Colorado Springs:
pros are the out doors obviously. also the weed

cons are its becoming overpopulated. it used to be a small town now its blown up like crazy the past couple years.
>>
>your city
Tokyo

>what you like about it
Japanese girls in general, cute outfits any time of the year.
Convenience.

Japanese people act like their stereotypes a bit too often.
People are polite but often cold.

Maybe Vancouver if I go back to Canada.
>>
>your city (town)
Exmouth, England
>what you like about it
Nothing
Too small, doesn't cater to my interests nor my BPD, normalfags everywhere... Everything basically
Manchester or London
>>
>>22942365
That's all I hear about CO. Everyone wants to be there.

>>22938969
Yup

>>22938996
>Winters are too mild and too short
Wut
>>
>>22942406
>Wut
It's December and it's been in the 40s and there's no snow. Winter is usually over around mid March. We rarely get blizzards anymore. We rarely have more than a few feet of snow on the ground anymore, even in late winter, and some years we never have more than a few inches. How is that not mild and short?
>>
>>22942489
Chill bro

I didn't know climate change was fucking MN too.
>>
>your city
Huntington, WV
>what you like about it
cheap, small town feel, mostly white, cool stuff happening organically right now
nothing to do at 4 in the morning
Southern California. It doesn't look like I'm going to get there at this point.
>>
>your city
Helsinki

>what you like about it
A good place to be a student, good roads + public transport, nice forests

Not enough 24/7 stores in east, not enough snow

Somewhere in US where weed is legal, beer is cheap and internet is good
>>
>>22938434
>your cits
Frankfurt at Main (Germany)

>like
A lot going on here + i like that its international and salarys also good

>dislike
High rises, they make the city look american and not german, also i hate to work in a highrise, can't really tell why i just don't feel comfortable

>where i want to move
munich, really love that city
>>
>your city
portland
>what you like about it
the food
the weather, the culture
NYC or back to seattle
>>
>your city
London
>what you like about it
Lots of friends nearby. You can always find something to do. Great restaurants and pubs. Endless matches on dating apps. The public transport is great.
It's too expensive
The valley (am software engineer). Yes it's more expensive, but I'd be earning more too.
>>
>>22938434
>Honolulu
>Nothing
>Everything
Oregon/Washington pls. Fuck everyone here, fuck the local government, fuck the schools, fuck the police, fuck the weather, fuck the traffic, fuck the road construction that never gets finished and leaves the roads even more fucked up than they were before, fuck the laws that exist to make my hobbies a fucking pain in the ass to be able to enjoy, fuck the high cost of living, fuck the shitty housing situation, fuck the insects that infest my car, fuck the trees and birds that shit all over said car, fuck the absurd shipping costs, fuck not being able to travel to neighboring states, fuck not being able to see autumn or winter, fuck the lack of race tracks and gun ranges that don't suck ass - just fuck all this shit up 2bh fampai.
>>
>>22938434
>city
Buffalo
>like
Bars are open until 4am and major sports teams. City is having a bit of Renaissance now.
>dislike
Cannot park on streets between 1am and 7am in the winter. Snowstorms most winters.
>move
Maybe Seattle. I'd prefer a milder climate than Buffalo. Even summers get very humid
>>
File: Minneapolis6.jpg (291 KB, 1214x612) Image search: [Google]
Minneapolis6.jpg
291 KB, 1214x612
>>22942512
>Chill bro
I wish Minnesota would chill.
I didn't mean to come off aggressively though, just stating the facts.
>I didn't know climate change was fucking MN too.
Yeah, unfortunately it is. We've been fucked for the past decade or so. When I was a kid winters were much longer, there were snow drifts over my head all over and it was like that all winter. But not anymore.
>>
>>22942512
Grass is still green here btw
>>
>your city
Wichita

>what you like about it
Low cost of living
Gun ranges and race tracks
No vehicle emissions laws in the state.
No conceal/carry needed.
No real natural weather occurrences to deal with, minus the occasional tornado, and recently earthquakes.
We aren't a fucking liberal state.

The weather is random as can fucking be
It's boring.
Dreams die here. It's like a bad bootleg version of Florida.
Not a huge or diverse job market, unless you're medical or aerospace.

Fuck I don't know. Somewhere with the pros of above but not as boring.
As long as I have easy gun access and can drive my shitty gas guzzling muscle cars with straight pipes.
>>
File: flagstaff.jpg (987 KB, 1286x799) Image search: [Google]
flagstaff.jpg
987 KB, 1286x799
>Your City
Flagstaff, AZ
>What you like about it.
Small city with all the amenities of a larger city. Friendly people. Awesome Bar and Food scene. Decent arts scene. Close to plenty of Rock Climbing, Hiking, Mountain Biking, and all the other outdoorsy shit I like to do.
Also, it's really fucking pretty here.
>What you dislike about it
Full of drunk frat boys and noisy tourists who shit up the place. Homeless drunks always bothering you for change. Gets crowded with tourists from Pheonix when it snows. Somewhat Isolated.
>Optional: where you want to move
Me and my future wife want to move to the Colorado front range, where we can backpack and climb to our hearts content, while still being near a major metropolitan area.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.