[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any dreadheads in here? >Me.jpg >1 year old dreads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: Photo on 11-10-15 at 10.48 PM.jpg (200 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 11-10-15 at 10.48 PM.jpg
200 KB, 1080x720
Any dreadheads in here?
>Me.jpg
>1 year old dreads
>>
>>22931137
does it count if you just don't brush your hair anymore?
>>
>>22931137
Dreads are just as bad as facial piercings and tattoos
>>
>>22931137
Dreds on white people are fucking disgusting. Cut your hair , wash your scalp, shave, and get an actual respectable job you fucking dirty smelly looking hippie wannabe loser motherfucker.
>>
dreads on white people are like matted hair on dogs who dont get groomed :////
>>
>>22931137
can you please explain how white people justify dreads? like honestly why do you think it's okay...i just don't get it. do you not understand that it's culturally appropriative and makes you like like a self-entitled ignoramus?
>>
>>22932305
hahaha oh my, this bait
>>
>>22932311
it's not b8 i'm genuinely curious
>>
>>22932335
go back to tumblr
>>
>>22932352
i don't have a tumblr dude
>>
>>22932305

how the fuck is a haircut claimable by a 'culture' and you have a severe misunderstanding of what culture is.

Culture isn't a series of ideas that represent a specific group

Culture is the gross of humans sharing ideas in a set area, 'cultural appropriation' is what breathes life into culture, as its adding new ideas into this gross.

But i wouldnt expect a ignorant regressive leftist to understand that.
>>
>>22932305
implying old fucking white ass cavepeople didn't have matted dreadlocked hair.
>>
File: WIN_20150830_152748.jpg (168 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20150830_152748.jpg
168 KB, 1280x720
They be toddlers.
>>
File: CZTEBYy.jpg (70 KB, 720x510) Image search: [Google]
CZTEBYy.jpg
70 KB, 720x510
>>22931766
That's what dreads are.
>>22931950
Komodor ftw.
>>22932305
takin b8
Exactly how is it cultural appropriation?
>>
File: IMG_20151123_162141037.jpg (842 KB, 1080x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151123_162141037.jpg
842 KB, 1080x1440
Sup. Had em for about 2.5 years now.
Had em in high school, didn't know how to care for em and ended up pulling em out.
>>
>>22934673
Care for 'em?
Palm rolling, or...?
>>
>>22934680
Nope..wax.. The worst possible thing to do. Mixed with being a dealer..they just filled with smoke and resin from various substances. It was rather disgusting..
>>
File: Snapchat-8368602817224296535.jpg (139 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8368602817224296535.jpg
139 KB, 720x1280
7 year old dreads here
>>
MAN IT'S YOUR HAIR, DO WHAT YOU WANT.

Cultural appropriation anon needs to get the fuck back to tumblr.
>>
how long roughly should my hair be before i start dreads?
>>
Dreads look kinda cool but at the same time they make you seem dirty. Would not pet your head. Also why do you people put pieces of wood/beer can openers/small animals in your hair? It makes you seem even more like you have not showered in years.
>>
>>22935081
Atleast 3 inches, longer the better.

>>22935675
Who the fuck out beer can tabs in their hair? I mean, my hair is hella clean, sometimes I'll wrap one with colored hemp rope, or put a sleeve on, which is sewn colored tiny beads.. But then again, I'm not, nor do I hang out with hippies, that type of person might be different.
>>
Can you guys that are wasting the energy have your retarded dreds and culture arguments elsewhere. You know who you are so I'm not going to reference your posts...

Make this thread useful. Someone please explain to me what dreads are? Like the actual process of how to properly make them. Maybe how to care them as well. An infographic would be pretty cool.
>>
>dreads on white people
>immediately closes tab
>>
>>22936599
>
>>
>>22936599
I don't get this association.

I don't see them apropriating the rastafari culture.

It would be like saying that only whites can braid their hair because that is exclusive to the viking culture.

A bit random association.
>>
>>22936585
There's several ways to get em.
Back combing, twist and rip, braids?, natural and hippie.

I don't know how to explain the first two. Braids, if left in long enough will dread, but look funny..
Natural is best way, and takes the longest. It's what I did.
That's fine by just leaving your hair alone. Keep it clean, but don't brush it or condition it.

Hippie method is basically just stick your head in mud or shit and not shower. Not actually a method
>>
>>22936618
The rasta's are more known as their "thing", ergo white people be copying rasta/blacks. Even though history shows whites had dreadlocks around the same time as nig nogs.

I get told or asked all the fucking time that I'm trying to be black, if I have weed, what my favorite marley song is.. Annoys the piss out of me.
>>
File: DSC_0779.jpg (2 MB, 3920x2204) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0779.jpg
2 MB, 3920x2204
>>22932305
Dreads were around way before rastafarians. Saying its their thing is ignorant.

As far as them being dirty, I keep mine very clean as well, and will wrap one or two and MAYBE put some beads or sleeves.

>>22936618
It was also a white slave owner that started doing corn rows on her slaves.

So tell the blacks to stop braiding their hair if you have something against people whatever the fuck they feel like doing.
>>
>>22936618
>>22938096
it's not about rastafari culture. black people's hair is naturally suited for dreads. whites have to do all sorts of gross shit to their hair to get dreads.
>>
>>22938128
All hair is naturally suited for dreadlocks, let's not get into what's natural though (I'm certain any products you're putting in your hair are unnatural). Stop using conditioner, wash hair with residue free shampoo , and see how quickly any hair type starts to get matted. I know an Asian who got dreadlocks through neglect, tell me how that managed to happen if it couldn't occur naturally in the silkiest of hairs? Kek
>>
>>22938238
Anyone can get knappy dry hair that clumps together because of oil and neglect
Dreads is the purposefull rolling of the hair to keep it together so it grows that way

Matted=\=dreaded
>>
>>22938128
Uh try again Skippy.
Mine dreaded comoletley on their own, by just keeping them clean. No product needed, no "putting them in".. Just clean my hair and let it knot up.

It's not black culture or a black thing, anyone who tries claiming it as muh racial thing is a fucking moron.
Blacks with braids must also be a slap to white culture. Or jobs.
>>
>>22938298
Again, If the hair is oily and nasty, then it isn't dreadlocks..then its just gross hair that's stuck together. Can tell ya that mine are knotty, quite healthy and not oily
>>
>>22938298
Any hair type can become matted, and you can get dreadlocks was my point. I know what dreads are, I've had them for 7 years. Apparently you don't though, let me help you with that:

"Dreadlocks, also locs, dreads, or in Sanskrit, Jata, are intentionally MATTED and sculpted ropes of hair. "
>>
So does anyone actually get harassed for "culture appropriation" in real life? Saw someone say they get a lot of stupid questions and assumptions, but have any of these pissbabies actually tried getting in a dread head's face IRL?

Culture appropriation is a real issue, but people have twisted it into something so pathetic that it's essentially perpetual self-victimization, instead of battling the negative connotations associated with "black" hair in our American/Euro society, they just target the people who can "get away with" whatever they think is being appropriated, be it bindis, henna, dreads, braids, head dresses of ANY fashion, eating ethnic food, etc...
Like, this whole SJW movement became an official joke when they started saying the evil white devil mayo people don't have their own culture, so I guess all we can really do is keep allowing our cultures to evolve and hope these hive-mind buzzword using asshats don't reproduce or get involved with politics.
>>
>>22939112
I get those dumb questions all the time. But there was one occasion where some black chick was talking a lot of shit to me cause of my hair, and she did get in my face. Nothing came of it cause she was all talk, but I was ready to throw down kek
Those people are indeed out there.
>>
>>22934641
Christ, you look familiar
>>
>>22939112
I get asked stupid fucking questions all the time, as I said. Got a dimebag, what's your favorite marley album, 420 blaze it, flower power...etc..

Just stupid fucking questions because people associate dreads with pot smokers, rastas, hippies..
Never mind that I like metal and country, don't smoke, and usually carry a sidearm.

But the other cultural bullshit? Naw, no ones ever said that to my face. I also live in a very, very red state thankfully, so sjws are a major minority.
>>
>>22931137
Woof.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 640x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 640x630
Hey guys, I've never gotten dreads before but I want to go for something like pic related. short going forward and clean looking. Any tips on how I could do it myself? Any good tutorials or something? I think there's a way to skip the long locking process but I don't remember where I saw it

this is how I look btw: >>>2939107
>>
>>22939507
I fucked up the linking D:
>>22939107
>>
>>22939507
Be black, mostly.
Or have curly hair. Otherwise, yeah they won't be neat like that. No, you can't skip the process. It takes time for the hair to knot together.
>>
>>22939811
Lol, I just linked a pic of myself, I'm black. And yeah you can I just kind of found it how to make instant dreadlocks, ofc it won't they won't look the same way one that took a lot of time would but it's better than going through the ugly phase.
>>
>>22939872
Whoops, I must have missed that. Well, you're already at a head start then, and yours will look much neater.
The only thing I've seen that's "instant" is basically twisting em together or using heat. I could be wrong on that, I'm too lazy to Google.
I wouldn't recommend doing any "instant" methods though. The other methods will look weird and ugly for a little, but its worth it, they just look more..right? Regardless of hair type. You'll just have a major advantage and lock up way faster. Took me two years this time..
>>
how does it feel to be a dredge of society?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.