[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will somebody please talk to me. I'm way too old to be /soc/ialising.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: sh1_harry.jpg (73 KB, 395x310) Image search: [Google]
sh1_harry.jpg
73 KB, 395x310
Will somebody please talk to me. I'm way too old to be /soc/ialising. I'm watching walkthroughs for company.
>>
>>22929452
this game is sick. have you actually played it? if not youre missing out.
>>
>>22929476
Pretty sure he has played it as it is from 99 and he is too old for /soc/ loke myself.
>>
>>22929452
Silent Hill 1-3 are some of the best examples of a well done narrative in video games. Good taste.
>>
>>22929476

My friends used to come over to play Silent Hill. We'd get drunk and order pizzas. It would get too late and some of us would pass out on the floor and the couch. It was fun. I don't have friends now, but it's nice to watch walkthroughs and think about good times.
>>
>>22929452
That seems interesting OP
>>
>>22929478
>>22929481
>>22929452

Thanks for replying. Feeling less lonely.
>>
>>22929525
How old are you friend? 30 here. Lurking while watching Good Mythical Morning.
>>
>>22929518
who is this?
>>
>>22929525
I can't bother to correct that
>>
>>22929502
you have to play those by yourself to get the real feel. theyre pretty intense.

and yea 1-3 are some of the best survival horror games around.

i didnt even play these until much later but they are still amazing.
>>
>>22929525
have no idea what id talk to you about
whats your favorite memory with your old friends besides playing SH
favorite food?
fav drink?
fav movie
what do you do in life
>>
>>22929533
Kairi from kingdom hearts.
>>
>>22929532

>>
>>22929537
I've never completed the 3rd. The Room wasn't all that bad from the couple of hours I had with it. I think it gets too much shit.
>>
>>22929539
sick B^)
>>
>>22929538
Playing silent hill with my girlfriend, and friends.
Pizza.
Alcohol.
Silent Hill movies were bad.
Construction.

Just happy someone is talking to me at all. Thanks.
>>
>>22929546
yea i didnt actually play the room but i watched a walkthrough of that one. it was definitely an interesting spin on it.
>>
>>22929546
I agree. I can understand someone's frustration, but if you're fond of the franchise it's a labor of love
>>
How do you feel about Silent Hills cancelation?
>>
>>22929586
Anyone who thinks there will ever be a good Silent Hill game ever again are deluding themselves. That game was going to be garbage and you know it.
>>
>>22929632
i think its classic survival horror in general. like resident evil as well. theres really no reason for game designers to go back to that archaic style of control.

unfortunately that is exactly what makes these games so interesting.

the trend seems to be away from this and just moving towards big money makers. its sad but people dont appreciate games like this anymore.
>>
>>22929586

I don't think SH is done. Too many fans, too much love for it.

>>22929632
There has been bad and good work. Over the last 15 years it's been fun to see what people come up with. I didn't like #4 all that much but I loved Homecoming.
>>
>>22929655
I could go on all night about how flawed 4 was, but the atmosphere and soundtrack were top notch. Some interesting ideas but horrible in execution. Origins completely raped the lore and established characters. And Homecoming and Downpour are the video game equivalents of a facepalm.
>>
>>22929670
I'll agree with you about #4's redeeming qualities (I didn't say I hate it, just that I didn't love it), but I'll disagree that Homecoming should be in the same section as Downpour. Downpour made me cringe, Homecoming...wasn't classic, but it was solid.

Whatever our opinions, thanks everyone who responded in this thrad. I feel less lonely now and I can go to sleep. I felt like I was the last person on earth before, now the walkthrough is even more comforting.

Thank you everyone.
>>
Do you have a kik or something, op? Maybe skype? I cant sleep, some company might he nice
>>
>>22929452
please, no-one talk to this old creep
>>
File: file.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>22929866
How bout talking to a young creep than

got skype or kik
>>
If you have kik, we can chat there, if you like.

tremor_christ
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.