[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/OKC/ OkCupid rate and critique thread. Have not seen one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: icon_1024x1024.png (44 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
icon_1024x1024.png
44 KB, 1024x1024
/OKC/

OkCupid rate and critique thread.

Have not seen one of these in a while.

Share your profile, receive feedback. Criticize the profiles of others.
>>
Guess I'll start.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Made_of_Osmium
>>
This just seems like the worst idea ever to post okc here. 2 real4me
>>
>>22891520
2spooky5me
>>
>>22891132
>http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Made_of_Osmium
jesus christ you sound boring. like i can't point out what it is but that's just how your profile comes across. the point about synthesizing aspirin and osmium tetroxide just made me want to stop reading. the only reason i really continued was to try to give feedback.
>>
>>22892096
You didn't really give any constructive feedback at all. You just sound like some idiot who failed to realize I was being sarcastic.
>>
hello, boys ;)

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Colbies
>>
>>22891132
Boring. Also screams faux intellectual even if you omit the part out from your description. The attempt on humor is meh and my dog is cuter than your dog.

>>22892796
Self summary made me laugh.
Took me a couple looks to identify you in the pics with more than one person. You look twinky as fuck, pretty qt though.
>>
>>22892796
Is this a troll profile? If you're actually looking for criticism, I'd say to take the site a bit more seriously.
I appreciate the humor. But I highly doubt anyone unfamiliar with 4chan and meme culture would be intrigued by your profile. Perhaps that's the sort of individual you are looking for.
>>
>>22892880
Share yours so I can steal your bio if I think it is better.
>>
>>22892880
>>22892892

You've visited it.
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Kaniberry
>>
Profile name is zacknyhan
looking for a girl to take my virginity.
>>
>>22892952
Your profile is extremely mopey. The only redeeming bit of humor is the last section. And I don't think most people would find it funny.
I don't understand why you would try to incorporate 4chan humor into your dating profile.
>>
>>22892961
Get a prostitute.

Doing with life - IDK who any of them are, had to google them up. Girls who see your profile won't even do that much.

Really good at - don't write whatever you wrote. You won't get dates out of pity.

Well actually the profile is overall bad just redo the whole thing.

>>22892978
You'd be surprised how many messages I get daily. From "straight" men nonetheless. I figure it's better to be niche than it is to be boring.
>>
>>22892892
i'm not particularly looking for anyone since i am happily in a relationship right now, maybe some friends that understand and appreciate my self deprecating humor
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/crypticdeertick

:EEE jrLLL
>>
>>22893824
me n my partner are on the same internet rn so we have the same ID oops
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/AndrogyneErronne

Be careful, nerds, or you might cut yourself on my edge.
>>
okcupid.com/profile/hypogastrium
>>
>>22893856
Jesus fucking christ, this cant be real. I fucking cant breathe, and am hyper ventilating.
>>
>>22894117
>okcupid.com/profile/hypogastrium
really man, you cant get any matches unless they are bots.

Clean up your look, turn on a light, revise your entire profile and you could get some matches..
>>
>>22894300
>Clean up your look
how do i do that
>>
I went on a date with this guy tonight. He was funny, charming, intelligent, and I had a great time. However, we discussed our profiles almost immediately into the date, and he said almost right away that his profile made him sound more active than he is.

I found it honest of him to admit that, but I wonder why he doesn't just change it. Is that lying /soc/? What do you think?

www.okcupid.com/profile/JustinDWhitehead
>>
>>22894399
i think ya'll take this shit too fucking seriously dude
>>
>>22894405

My question? Or do you mean the guy's profile itself?
>>
>>22894409
both
>>
>>22894384
Take a shower? Take an actual photo of you and not your blankets and the wall?
>>
>>22894399
>www.okcupid.com/profile/JustinDWhitehead

I'm not gonna read all that shit, but people lie on the internet.
>woooah who would've thought.

Anyways just take everything with a grain of salt, it shouldn't matter if you enjoyed dinner though so the fuck cares?
>>
>>22894411

Thank you for the detailed and constructive feedback...............
>>
>>22894399
Just read your profile, you gonna tell us that nothing is stretched to sound better? Lets be honest, everyone does it.
>>
>>22894423

Well I don't think it reads as a lie. He didn't say he did all those things all the time. In person he said he does those things a few times a year but thinks it sounds like he does them way more often.

I admit I thought he meant he did them way more often, but I'm not even very active myself lol.

What does /soc/ think of him based on his profile? Is he second date worthy? Everything else checks out and he is also a PC gamer like me. (probably smart not to put that on the profile itself)
>>
>>22894426

You read MY profile? I doubt that.
>>
>>22894428
Why are you asking /soc/ if hes "worthy."

Attractiveness is totally biased, to you he could be perfect and a 10/10. Then to another chick he could be a 0/10. Since I'm not gay hes a bro/10 and that's it.

>and people wonder why women are so hard to please

c'mon, you said it yourself he was intelligent, charming, blah blah. Stop fucking asking and just fuck him already.
>>
>>22894431
I was implying, how could I read your profile. I use tinder not okc because i'm not looking for long term shit.
>>
>>22894444

Nice quads. Checked. Does this mean you will never get long term shit? :P

>>22894440

I'm just curious about other people's opinions. Girls like to hear other girl's opinions on guys before we date them. Didn't you know that?
>>
>>22894431
>>22894428
Listen, the dude is almost 10years older then me.

I don't know shit about long term relationships. I'm shallow and talk to women on tinder for a night, sleep with them, and then never talk to them again.

He seems cool enough, and one thing I do know is that if you enjoyed spending time with him that's the only thing that matters.
>>
>>22894450
He seems like he has his shit together, if that's what you are looking for. Doubt he lives paycheck to paycheck. Probably a stable job and probably can hold his alcohol. I would chill with him, and that's all I know. I'm not a chick so I cant tell you if hes fuck worthy.
>sorry
>>
>>22894295
I'm preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty self-aware, that's why I made it as edgy as I could. Either I scare them all away or they put up with my mountains of bullshit for long enough to get a pretty fun date!
>>
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/Chooseauserwhat

rate like subscribe
>>
I think my profile is OK
>tfw strongest personality trait is drug friendliness
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/FrymanSavant
>>
>>22895799
Your profile is a bit cringeworthy. You definitely need more than one picture. And why mention something as specific as finding someone who knows how to make edibles? Just say you're 420 friendly.
>>
>>22893824
>demisexual, queer
You just HAD to pick one of the non standard options, didn't you?
>>
>>22895860
>straight, man
You just HAD to pick the standard options, didn't you?

because people get to just choose their identity, right?
>>
>>22895848
I'm talking about actual food, I don't really smoke that much, but I see how that could be misconstrued. I definitely need more pictures, for sure. I just never take any of myself because that just seems vain.

You could probably trim some stuff from your self-summary, it's really wordy.
>>
File: 1388363648.jpg (85 KB, 990x660) Image search: [Google]
1388363648.jpg
85 KB, 990x660
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/kindofashut-in
>>
>>22895873
What should I remove? I've aways felt a but extra info can't really hurt as long as it's readable.
>>
>>22895891
The GoT reference for sure, the rest is just subjective. I personally think posting Meyers-Briggs results is dumb, but a lot of people do it, so I guess a lot of people care about it.
>>
>>22895898
>GOT reference
I agree
>Briggs Myers personality
It's only because I fit the ENTJ persona so well that I include it. Not everyone fits a distinct personality neatly. I just happen to so I think it's useful because it captures my personality traits in a way that's easy to understand.
>>
>>22895932
That's a fair point, I'm ENTJ myself, but clearly not to the degree you are, heh.
>>
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/SufferingJoy

r8, h8
>>
>>22895886
pretty good, would date if i lived nearby
>>
bunp
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.