[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /vegan/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: vegan.jpg (15 KB, 300x237) Image search: [Google]
vegan.jpg
15 KB, 300x237
Who /vegan/ here?
>>
your body is a graveyard of plants, the thing that allow us to breath oxygen, how does that feel?
>>
>>22873668
Our bodies were designed to digest meat. Vegans are stupid.
>>
Vegetarian, but slowly working towards vegan (I drink SOY lattes, damn it) and a lot of my meals are vegan (think black bean burgers with avocado, noodles and vegetable broth, whatever). I slip into non-vegan territory when I like, buy a cookie or someone in my house makes macaroni and cheese. If I had more money and time to make all my own meals I'd def be able to go vegan. I work with a guy that's been vegan for 12 years
>>
>>22873668
Those plants were alive before you butchered them.
>>
>>22873724
Cool. Keep working on it, you'll get there.
>macaroni and cheese
Basically what I had tonight. Bionaturae noodles with melted cheddar Daiya. So good. You should try it.
>>
So how are you avoiding a collection of dead skin cells and dead bacteria and germs?
>>
>>22873724
>>22873668
Just why?
>>
>>22873735
I want to try making cashew cheese sauce in place of something like daiya, I've seen a bunch of recipes that call for it and it looks badass
>>
>>22873719
no they werent
>>22873699
plants arent sentient
>>
>>22873742
I'm going to assume this is a serious question and give a serious answer. If you're just here to argue, I'm not interested.
I am vegan because eating animal products results in suffering and death of innocent conscius beings. I can live a healthy life without eating animal products. Causing said suffering and death is therefore unnecessary.
>>
I'm a vegetarian and I'm lactose intolerant so I eat daia and drink cashew milk mostly. I'm working towards veganism slooooowly.
>>
>>22873769
To to Pizza Luce and get a pizza with rinotta. It is god-tier. Here is the recipe that Pizza Luce uses (except I think they use soy milk or rice milk instead of coconut milk):
1/4 cup minced garlic
3/4 cup olive oil

Simmer garlic in oil until garlic is light tan.

1 tsp mustard powder
3/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 bunch parsley
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup flour
2.5 cups raw cashews

Combine all of these along with the garlic in a blender.

2-4 pounds (32-64 ounces) tofu

Mash the tofu and add the blended mixture.

Use a small parsley bunch. It's not nearly as good with a big bunch.

I usually don't simmer the garlic (and therefore don't use the oil). I also often leave out the flour and tofu. It's good either way.

If you don't mince and simmer the garlic, blend the garlic alone first. If you add the other ingredients before blending the garlic alone, it won't get blended finely enough. Also, get everything except the cashews (and optionally milk and lemon juice) blended up really well before adding the cashews. It turns out better if the cashews don't get blended too finely. It shouldn't be chunky, just not really smooth.

Spread it on pizza crust under the sauce. Generally without cheese, but it's good with Daiya too.
>>
>>22873780
Nice! Keep working on it, anon~
>>22873793
*Go to
>>
>>22873793
I would prob use this recipe in place of red sauce instead of putting it under sauce and sprinkle the mozarella-type daiya (or something, idc what brand) on top, maybe add some truffle oil or avocado, that would be killer
>>
The industry is terrible and treats animals with no respect. But if a person has a property with chickens and cows and treat them nicely, why wouldn't this person eat the eggs and the exceeding milk instead of letting go to waste? I feel like becoming a vegetarian, but being vegan?
>>
>>22873773
>plants arent sentient
neither are most animals
>>
>>22873778
Animal are conscious being? that's new. I would agree on the suffering part but the only reason they live is because we can make bacon or milk with them, that's how our society work and if you think you're less responsible because you don't eat meat, you're just wrong.
>>
>>22873854
I don't think you know animals or understands neurology too well.
>>
>>22873867
Well actually yes, perhaps you didn't know but animals have feeling and everything but most of them are not conscious they exist they just follow their instinct.
>>
>>22873824
I like it best with tomato sauce, but your way sounds good too. Either way, make it! It's a great recipe.
>>22873850
>>22873854
A brain is what causess someone to be conscious. Animals have brains. Therefore, animals are conscious. Doesn't take much intelligence to figure that out.
>thinking an organism can suffer without being conscious
>thinking an organism with a brain is not conscious
>thinking that someone is equally responsible for something regardless of whether or not they partake in that thing
You're obviously trolling. Now please leave. I'm not interested in arguing. If you are legitimately interested in veganism or have serious questions about it, I'll be happy to help, but I won't entertain your absurd baseless claims any more than I have.
>>
>>22873844
This. My aunt raises chickens and they live well and comfortable and I typically only eat eggs that she's given me. The chickens are super well mannered as well.
>>
>>22873854
Would you eat your pet dog? Because a lot of animals are smarter than dogs, and a lot of people are stupider than them.

>if you think you're less responsible you're wrong
>less responsible
>you're wrong
the implication here is that people who don't eat meat are not less responsible for it, which is right because people who don't eat meat ARE MORE morally responsible
>>
>>22873668
>vegan
>because morals
>not vegan because pollution
kill yourself
>>
>>22873893
then again it's not what defines consciousness my friend. Consciousness is being aware that your own existence, only few animal have been capable of doing so and they did it by drawing itself (It was an elephant).
>>
>>22873844
>>22873914
>exceeding milk
A cow will naturally produce only as much milk as her calf(s) need.
Either way, if you are open to becoming vegetarian, don't let your uncertainty on milk and eggs get in the way of not eating meat. If you stop eating meat, great. If you stop eating milk/eggs too, even better.
>>
File: 0.jpg (11 KB, 279x267) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
11 KB, 279x267
>>22873936
>choosing to draw a picture of one's self is what demonstrates consciousness
So humans who don't draw themselves are not conscious and robots that draw themselves are conscious? You're not even trying anymore, please leave.
>>
>>22873879
You do know that there are levels of consciousness, right? Are you aware of something called the frontal lobe or have you read only about the limbic system?

Your logic comes from centuries ago. Labeling everything as instinct is ignoring basic science and common sense.
>>
>>22873936

Dolphins match that. They even one-up elephants by using symbolic vocalizations.

>>22873954

I think they mixed up consciousness with sentience with self-awareness with intelligence.
>>
>>22873973
>I think they mixed up consciousness with sentience with self-awareness with intelligence.
Perhaps. The terms and definitions hardly even matter though, all that really matters is that animals are capable of perception and therefore their wellbeing matters.
>>
>>22873938
I'm already a vegetarian but...thanks?
>>
>>22873668
me
>>
>>22873938
cow have been geneticly selected to provide more milk so you're wrong.
Like most of our pet, dogs were made by geneticly selecting the docile wolves etc.. If we stop using dogs they just go instinct or perhaps adapt to living in cities. So think again what would happen if we don't need cows for milk or meat? They will just go exctint, or try to cohabit with human. Same with most animals. And don't think eating only vegetable is any better because single-crop farming is even worse than killing animals if you want to know.
>>
>>22873668

UK semi-oldfag vegan representing 8)
>>
>>22874107

Most single crop farming in north america is to feed said animals.
>>
File: baconheart.jpg (252 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
baconheart.jpg
252 KB, 1024x1024
Just a reminder that you're lives are miserable and empty.
>>
>>22874214
>you're
>>
xVx/m/atl here
>>
If you believe in evolution...

By the time H. habilis evolved, the teeth and tool use were adapted to process high-energy foodstuffs like meat. It is not a trivial "choice" to evolve in this manner, as the benefits (larger brain case, denser society) are balanced against other physiologic needs (changes in enzyme/biochemistry) as enablers.

To deny that we have evolved the capacity to eat meat, and that this high-energy foodstuff was not essential to our ancestors is blithe ignorance.

The CHOICE to be vegan is a personal one, and we live in a great technological time wherein that choice can be made without challenging the individual's physical health.

But when any individual chooses to make it a moral decision, they are invoking mysticism. It's sad when smart people go dumb.
>>
>>22873773
Plants are sentient, dafuq you talking about? Y'know that smell after you mow grass? That's it responding to being cut in half and desperately trying to heal itsself.
>>
i think that vegans that are against factory farming and unethical treatment of animals are doing a good thing, but i dont see a single thing wrong with eating free range meat. i hunt and hunting is so much more ethical than factory farming, its amazing how many people are anti hunter that eat meat, idiots
>>
>>22874314
http://nature.berkeley.edu/miltonlab/pdfs/diet_primate_evolution.pdf
>>
>>22873668
this is some pretty elaborate bait right here. I thought the vegan fad was dead already. Bacon killed it. Real bacon, not that seitan bacon shit you pussies eat
>>
>>22874220

Congrats, you found a grammar mistake. I'm sure you've never made one, and your grammar is absolutely perfect.
>>
>>22875139
>Congrat's

While playing Grammerfag (tm), you should consider contractions and apostrophes too.
>>
people who do this are fucking retarded. i hope they die from a lack of nutrients
>>
>>22875189
Nah, we have evolved a technological society that provides ample nutrition to suit the needs of a wide spectrum of appetites.

Most vegans probably have healthier diets and fewer diet-related pathologies (z.B., obesity ) than the average consumer.
>>
>>22875207
youre a faggot who does it for attention. dont give me shit about how its healthy or i wanna save muh animals.

i will never agree with this ideology and will always look down on people who do it.
>>
>>22875249
Heh, not me buddu.

I am a satisfied omnivore. In fact, you're kinda being a jackass so we should go Hannibal and try your liver to cure your galling attitude.

Looking up/down is moralfagging. After we're done solving the Islam Question, the next world war will be over food.
>>
>>22875249
>>22875269
Rekt
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 215x182) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 215x182
who /abolitionist/ here?
>>
>>22875269
>>22875280
this response is fucking retarded theres no rekt here.

youre even more of a faggot if you arent vegan and are defending them. probably some liberal homo who likes it in the ass.
>>
>>22873668

Your entire existence is a graveyard.
>>
My body is a graveyard. I eat the fuck out of those delicious, tortured animals.
>>
>>22873668
horses and deer are thought to be herbivores
when actually they eat meat, and are omnivores.
>>
>>22875164

con·grats
kənˈɡrats/
nouninformal
congratulations.
"“Congrats on your promotion, Cal!”"
>>
>>22873773
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-green-mind/201412/are-plants-entering-the-realm-the-sentient

But you're wrong.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.