[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tfw I created tinder profile 5 days ago and only got 5 matches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 22
File: tinder-logo.jpg (17 KB, 470x203) Image search: [Google]
tinder-logo.jpg
17 KB, 470x203
tfw I created tinder profile 5 days ago and only got 5 matches so far
I swipe right only the girls I like so something like 50%?
>>
File: 3.jpg (142 KB, 480x1708) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
142 KB, 480x1708
pic rel is my profile, I have no description
had more photos, but deleted
>>
File: DSC_0107a.jpg (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0107a.jpg
2 MB, 1440x2560
help plox
also maybe I should set my profile photo to this?
this is my current look
>>
Bump
Reading how people get dozens of matches a day feels really shitty
>>
>>22855029
You need pics with you doing shit, living life, pictures of you in public areas, with friends preferably.
>>
>>22855257
404 not found
Actually I have 1 on the sailboat but I'd already put it and had no success either.
>>
My issue isn't with the amount of connections I get. I rarely swipe right because I'd rather be picky than be in a shit relationship.

I've gotten three connections total, and all three of them in the middle of our conversations have stopped responding, and even stopped openning the convo because it says they haven't view it yet.

I assume that they're busy or asleep or whatever if they don't respond, but they never do, not even after a few days.

If they've found someone else more interesting or whatever that's fine, I can't do anything about that. What bugs me is that none of them communicate to me what's going on and just completely ignore me. It isn't even anything I'm saying, they just stop responding.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-26-20-42-53.png (794 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-26-20-42-53.png
794 KB, 1080x1920
Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>22855629

I'd redo all of that. All of it.
>>
>>22855602
How do you open with them? What kind of communication do you put forth? Tinder is pretty tricky and there's a lot of fine likes you Shouldn't cross at certain times.
>>
>>22855643
W-wwhy?
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 640x1136
>>22855629
Your first pic is very important
Probably don't want it to be a selfie unless it's a photo generic or you're in public with someone

Here's mine
I get rejected a lot but also accepted a lot and laid a satisfying amount of times
>>
>>22855657
Your bio also kind of sucks, sounds like you're trying to be funny and not succeeding
Stick to generic description of yourself and leave a bit of mystery
>>
>>22855653
I always start with a question about their bio. If they're into music, I'll ask what kind of music, or if they're into a certain band I'll ask them what their favourite albums by that band are.

There was one girl I was talking to and we talked about music all day, the conversation never got stale and we were really connecting. And then all of a sudden, no response. She stopped responding yesterday evening, and hasn't messaged me at all today.
>>
>>22855683
Lay off for a bit then like a few days, usually if you talk too much you come off as needy.
If someone matches with you (as opposed to you swiping and getting matched) wait a few hours to a day before sending your first message
>>
I would say the biggest thing you should do is expect to be disappointed, a lot; but don't let them know you're expecting. Act (subtly) as if you would be hard to acquire.

Sometimes the best thing you can do is stop in the middle of a convo yourself

Then resume the convo at another time

"Sorry I was <insert lie about socializing or having a life here>"
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-26-20-55-37.png (547 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-26-20-55-37.png
547 KB, 1080x1920
>>22855672
Made some edits. If you don't mind I used yours as a template.
>>
>>22855711
Don't worry I expect that, the biggest mistake I could make is to fall for anyone too fast. I would leave, but I feel like that'd be a dick move on my part and they wouldn't appreciate it if I did that, just like I don't appreciate it when they do.

The last thing I said to her was that I was sorry if I was bugging her and if she was busy it's cool. the last thing I wanna do is smother her and/or drive her away.
>>
>>22855746
Yeah don't even apologize for that kind of thing
Just leave it man
Apologizing or sending more than 2 msgs in a row comes off as SUPER needy

You really shouldn't be picky if you can't not message a girl wanting a response asap

Add some uglies and just talk to them
To distract you
Usually they'll respond to you if you play it seriously cool. 1 message at a time, string that along for a couple days

It's likely she will forget about you,
That sounds bad but you can use it to your advantage when you message her again in a couple of days
>>
A short bio with a call to action and smoking hot first picture is the key to getting swiped. I have tons of matches and there's no need to include your height unless it will be an issue later (IE you being under 5'6")
>>
>>22857513
this guy knows his shit
>>
wat do?
>>
Post more of convo and I will guide you
>>
>>22857557
>>
>>22857573
>>
>>22857554
desu game plan is,
1. get her phone number
2. date
the less chating the better
>>
>>22857573
>You're not hot enough to be this boring.
Her panties are wet now anon. GJ
>>
>>22857575
i was trying to be sarcastic with the deeply interested thing but i look at it now and it really just sounds aspie af lel
>>
>>22857580
i honestly just wanted to try the negging thing for once and see where it would go
>>
>>22857513
**Being attractive is the key to getting swiped
If you're ugly, you're out of luck
>>
>>22857573
"you aren't hot enough to be boring"
geez man tinder is pretty much date as soon as you can you're not there to make philosophical discussions about life n shit
>>
>>22857582
don't use sarcasm when texting except if it's really obvious and the other person knows you're a sarcastic person, anyway you can maybe still flip this shit back up m8
>>
>>22857588
>>22857592
kk

heres my profile btw. i've got a decent number of matches but i havent really figured out the convo aspect yet.
>>
>>22857582
After you insulted her you should have asked for her number sooner. Too much chatting bruh
>>
>>22857602
shit your're right... why didnt pic related give me her number? was it the "lol"? it was the "lol"
>>
>>22857599
for profile pic try to take the template of this dude
>>22857513
for the girl, she's pretty cold right now you have to be like
"hah was just messing with you. you do have strong opinions, I like that"
"are you free xxx, here's my cell number"

and just talk about anything with other girls, you just have to catch their attention be funny and smooth
>>
>>22857629
prolly wont work cuz you turned her off but heh just try it
>>
>>22857629
xxx as in a day of the week you're free not your cell number incase you're confused
>>
>>22857633
welp bitch is asleep... guess we'll see if it worked tomorrow.
>>
I matched with a girl, and she messaged me first, just saying

>hey!

Her profile is devoid of text, but she has some interesting pictures, and I recognised a place in one of them, so I asked her a question about it. she replied:

>yup!

wat do? She initiated the conversation, but is obviously putting no effort into conversing. Thinking of asking her to go for a drink in my next message. I don't usually ask people out quite so quickly, but this conversation seems to be going nowhere, so nothing to loose right?
>>
>>22854923
>>22855029
>>22855257
yeah you look creepy stalkerish af
>>
>>22857582
you're shit at this
>>
not to humblebrag much, but does anyone know how to play things when they message you first?

the way i usually go about it (when i message first) makes them state their interest in me so when i do that after they message me, they try to temper it down big time so they don't look like they're chasing me

i don't want to play coy either, i want to build on their display of interest so what's a good way to respond when they're like "wow you are handsome/sexy"?
>>
Yeah I tried swiping as a straight chick (I'm actually a gay women) just for lulz, and it was clear to me that straight girls totally have the upper hand on tinder. My advice to guys as someone who is, and who likes women, is to genuinely engage. If she says she likes say hiking and animals and vinyl ask her about those.
I never respond to message that just say hi, or what's up? and I rarely respond to gimmick mass messages either.
>>
I need some photo advice boys, if girls think selfies mean you're a loser how do y'all get good photos? I've got like 3 decent looking photos of myself in existence and I get fucking nothing as a match. I'm at the point where I won't super like anymore because not getting matched hurts my ego too much.
>>
>>22855728
Use the 3rd photo as your first photo. Mirin the beard and chicks dig that. You also shouldn't have 3 selfies... Gotta get a photo outside at least.
>>
>>22857513
This nigga knows what's up, I would add your height if you are over 6'2. Alot of shallow chicks in there love that. I would also keep your bio short and sweet.
>>
File: 20150424_191753.jpg (1 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150424_191753.jpg
1 MB, 4128x2322
I just downloaded Tinder a few days ago and have several matches but I haven't initiated any conversations yet. The problem is that I am an English speaker in a foreign country, specifically Germany, so I can't just say some stupid pick up line because they won't understand it and I can't just say "hey" or I'll get ignored right away.

What should I do?
>>
Ok for any femanons here I have some questions.

1. Why do a good chunk of women on tinder think "I like to have fun" and "I like to laugh" are good descriptors.

2. Why do they also think the being sarcastic is a positive trait they should promote.

I'm not jaded I have actually found a lot of success with this app, I am just very confused.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1446661996386.jpg (30 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446661996386.jpg
30 KB, 720x405
Changed my bio last night and now I have 3 matches this morning. Though I don't know if any of them are bots but they seem real. When should I message them and what should I say?
>>
>>22857573

She is really fucking boring.
>>
>>22859149
I agree
>>
okay so basically how to i tell this tinder bitch: "yo, that was your queue to invite me over you dense cunt"
>>
>>22860543
*cue

"Address?"
And get it, dude.
>>
I have like 18 matches but nobody has a personality or willingness to talk.
>>
>>22860611
bro, wtf did I tell you dont put fucking standards on tinder. Basically you go there to get laid not to meet people with personality, just don't be so serious and let it flow
>>
>>22860590
she's housesitting... all alone... she even did some of their laundry... fuck i'll help her clean the damn sheets i mean cmon...
>>
>>22860683
tell her to come to your place when she's done, so you can go out, or just netflix and chill whatever suits her
>>
>>22860683
"Aw that's nice of you. You've worked for them before?"
... small talk, be patient, etc...
"Hey listen. You're too awesome to be by yourself tonight. I'll come by and leave long before they figure out I was even there. It'll be our fun secret"
Or something like that - you feel me? Sorry, but I'm on my way to drunkville.

But the big picture is you ackowledge her concern and tell her how awesome she is for doing the "responsible" thing. You know, "respect" her.

And then be like "Listen, don't worry, I won't tell anyone, let's have fun" after you give her that moment of feeling like she did the right thing,
>>
Oh, and that be patient window should be about 10-15 min, imo.
>>
How do you guys handle girls you know? I panicked and swiped left on a girl I've had a crush on for 10 years.
>>
>>22860856
that doesnt make it any different man. in fact its a benefit because you can use tinder as an excuse to finally chat her up (assuming she swiped right as well)
>>
I live in argentina so the desc is in spanish, but it translates to
"if you likes movies, icecream or gambling, swipe to the right"
also, why the fuck won't my main image quit being so blurry? it looks fine when I look at it specifically, but in this screen it just looks like shit. anyone know how to fix it?
>>
>>22860801
>>22860683

You close, /b/ro?
>>
>>22861224
its been an hour, she either fell asleep or just doesnt give af
>>
>>22861259
s'all good dude. Doesn't always work out.
Stop messaging her and move on.
>>
>>22861280
yeah definitively rejected she said "no thanks" oh well.
>>
>>22855602
This is me

UPDATE: She messaged me back finally, she said she was sorry for leaving me hanging and that she was busy. I said that that was cool, and that the last thing I wanted to do was to drive her away and she said I didn't do anything to that effect, so we all good here
>>
>>22858076
he doesn't lol
>>
>>22858636
First of all, you are looking at Tinder the wrong way. You should look at it as a way to gauge your own attractiveness level by seeing who matches you. Meaning when you match with females who you aren't that attracted to, that means that you aren't reaching your potential. In other words, you do not match the type of woman you want because you are not attractive enough to match with the women you want.

Realizing this will make you want to quit. And if you are getting no matches at all you probably should. Temporarily. While you begin to lead a more fulfilling and attractive live for yourself.

Also, your ego is getting hurt. You are not a woman. Man up and keep getting rejected, purposely, until you develop the mindset to not care about it anymore.

As a male on Tinder, you are at every disadvantage in terms of selection. Females match with whoever they swipe right on; most males struggle to get any matches despite swiping everyone right. (Don't do that by the way; it affects the quality of females that appears to you) If you come to Tinder thinking that it's fair and eventually someone will match you, well, it's not true. It doesn't take very long to notice that no one is going to match you.

My point is this. If you are a male, Tinder is a tool for self-improvement and one of the best gauges of your attractiveness level. Women are not having to reject you face to face (which they have a very hard time doing) so they will be honest with you. Take advantage of their honesty and admit to yourself that you suck. And then take a break for a few months and make risky life decisions, then come back with new confidence and new pictures.
>>
I'm thinking of losing my virginity to Craigslist before moving to Tinder.
>>
Anyone elses tinder broken right now? Says all my matches and messages are new, won't let me match with anyone, glitches...
>>
Better than me, I made an account and got zero matches after 24 hours. I've liked lots of girls too.

I only have one shitty self photo and I currently have a red zit on my forehead and cheek. Maybe in a few weeks I'll try again with some better pics.
>>
> mention the word videogames
> unmatched every time

somehow this has become even worse than child rape or living with your parents nowadays
>>
>>22866266

You gotta hide your power levels with your first impressions bruh.
>>
File: 1421120142424.gif (1 MB, 413x192) Image search: [Google]
1421120142424.gif
1 MB, 413x192
To everyone that swipes right on everyone and then unmatches people they don't actually like:

FUCK. YOU.
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 640x1136
I could use some tips to make it better. I got a few matches at the beginning but now it's been a while since I got one. I think my bio could be a lot better, I just don't know what else to put.
>>
>had tinder for 5 days
>tons of matches
>only started conversations with 9/10
>I dunno what to write anymore
>lost interest
>deleted tinder

Guys, how the fuck does one tinder?
Since all the hot girls have like tons of boys craving for them.
>>
>>22867810
nah man with them facial aesthetics bio prolly doesnt even matter. the only think might be the pics with girls but i guess if it doesnt totally look like a gf with you then it might be alright.
>>
Do's and Don'ts in Tindering?

Nice guy shit is automatically off.
>>
File: 1253262632.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1253262632.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>22858740
Dude, you gotta put that in your bio. Just say something like

mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut. Ich komme aus Amerika.
>or
aus Amerika, immer noch lernen, die sprache

assuming you are american, if not just use this.

foreigner, immer noch das erlernen der sprache!

Atleast start your bio with that, then you can add more. A lot of chicks love foreigners and would love to help you learn the language.
>>
>>22858740

"The problem is that I am an English speaker in a foreign country"

This is NOT a problem. In fact ladies in foreign countries love English speakers. Many times is just to practice English with, other times there may be a genuine interest. You have an advantage here bud, use it. Mention it.
>>
>>22868166
do
>start your conversation with a one liner
>put your height in your bio if you are over 6'2
>be funny
>be outgoing
>be different
>have a variety of photos
>swipe right to EVERYONE

Dont
>ever say "lol" or "omg" alone
>shit, just dont ever send 1 word replies
>put your height in your bio if you are under 6'2
>be serious
>start the conversation with "how are you" or "hi"(revert back to my earlier post)
>have 5 selfies as your photos
>be picky

That should cover the basics.
>>
>>22868227
by the way those say along the lines of

>My German is not good, im from America
>Foreigner, I'm still learning the language
>I'm from America, still learning the language.

Pretty much the gist
>>
i started and i have like 30+ matches already

this is some scam shit right? i fell for the tinder meme?

the only possible thing is that because im in japan and people want to talk to foreigners only
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.