[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you had negative experiences from posting pics on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 1246419734274.jpg (939 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1246419734274.jpg
939 KB, 1680x1050
Have any of you had negative experiences from posting pics on this board? I don't want shit migrating to /b/ or deal with other trolly shit
>>
>>22844175
As long as you don't pull a Brandon
>>
>>22844178
as OP would imply, I'm not on this board often so I don't get the reference
>>
>>22844175
Just don't be a pussy.
If you have a healthy self esteem you should be alright. I've had my pictures shooped but that'll only happen if you're female. If you're really ugly then you'll also be safe despite being a woman. Just go for it.
>>
>>22844175
I see lots of girls pics here wind up on /b/ threads. Most notably the faces of b threads and cum tributes. If you're okay with having your face glazed by some stranger's semen then I don't see reason not to post
>>
Other than being called an ugly piece of shit, nothing much.
>>
>>22844175
If you're a girl, don't post nudes, also be prepared to be photoshopped and have your pictures posted in other threads forever. That's the running trend here with all the autists.

If you're a guy, yeah sure go ahead, /soc/ can always use another album of dick pics clogging up the board.
>>
File: 03 - sujy28Q.jpg (77 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
03 - sujy28Q.jpg
77 KB, 612x612
>>22844175
Typed out a long response but yeah I've had some bad experiences. I've had people dox me (although I willingly give out most info) and at some points it was really scary. Extremely private information about family members was compromised just for fun by someone that was clearly experienced in doing that sort of thing. It was not exciting.

I've also had people do deplorable things to my images.

However, the worst thing that's happened to me due to posting on here was probably junior year when I returned from a hiatus of posting on /soc/ (which I've posted for 6 years even though I just turned 18. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO NOW MODS YOU NEVER CAUGHT ME). I started posting around rate threads and such for the first time in a year because why not. At the same time I came back, I was crushing pretty hard on a kid clearly from the chans in my AP Psychology class. His name was Nathan and I was massively attracted to him and fantasized about him pretty much 100% of the time during class.

I'm fairly certain he found out I was a /soc/ poster because I heard whispers and he stared at me oddly around the exact time when someone gave me a very personal reply on a thread, demeaning me for posting here and telling me they lost respect for me and such.

He was most likely someone who posted on a board that massively hated /soc/ and assumed I was just a camwhore. Not gonna lie, I cried from it. In retrospect it was really stupid and he was definitely out of my league (extremely intelligent, attractive) and I didn't even know him so I had no reason to be so hurt. But I was.

I tried talking to him once by asking him what music he liked and he shrugged. He was way too fucking casual. I just really wanted to do lewd things with him though so it's most likely for the better that my crush never progressed farther than a crush.

Point is innocent /soc/ rate threads killed my chances of ever having him look at me as anything more than an attention whore. ;_;
>>
>>22844354

I would say you are out of his league. Seems like he's judgmental, closed-minded and douchey towards people he disagrees with.
>>
i was a cam girl for a bit, i just wanted to make people happy + it was really fun, then i got stalked. which was a bit scary. should i try again?
>>
>>22844354
And yes, lots of negative consequences can and have occurred due to posting here.

Most recently, a young girl committed suicide due to bullying, I think her name was Louisa. I never interacted with her but saw her around before and recognized her face easily. It's a shame.

Images are often saved and used to either jerk off to, post on crush threads, use as blackmail or for any number of reasons.

Certain posters like saving photos and reposting highly photoshopped images.

Impersonation happens often where people pretend to be someone else and then act like a shitty person in order to harm somebody's reputation.

You will most likely receive harsh insults to your character/image as well as demeaning, snide remarks and people trying to crush your self esteem.

You can be spotted/recognized by people who might know you in real life.

You will forever have a documented trail of posting on this website.

tl;dr Yeah lots of bad stuff can happen, and most likely you will encounter one or more of these things I've mentioned on this list. However if it was so scary, there wouldn't be hundreds of people posting their pictures daily. Lots of people are really nice, respectful, etc. to those they see on here. It really depends on the kind of person you encounter. It's good, harmless fun and as long as you don't tick someone off or go full camwhore you shouldn't receive any backlash.

I'd advise against posting nudes though, I've never posted anything like that on 4chan so I have no clue what would come from it but I am sure it is nothing good or that you'd want haunting you. People are still recycling nudes posted privately back in 2004. The internet never forgets, remember that.
>>
>>22844375
He was really quiet alone but would constantly laugh/joke/whisper/chat with his Asian friend the entire time during class. He probably was a bit judge-y but I was seeing him through rose colored lenses. I can't lie, something about him still has me somewhat defensive over him...fml.

During that point of time I was very weird, always high strung/stressed, was somewhat obnoxious, would often just go to school in sweatpants, etc. I was a mess and definitely not attractive. He didn't do anything that I'd really consider douchey nor was he close minded, just a bit judgmental. But I am too so I can't hypocritically fault him for it.

It was just unfortunate of me to have such a big crush on him and then to find out he had a complete misinterpretation of my character. Or perhaps he just was disinterested and put off by my blatant attraction to him. Who knows.

I think what kills me the most is hearing him and seeing him interact every day in class for an entire year and feeling that if we had met online we'd probably be good friends. I guess I felt like I knew him but the reality is, I really didn't know him or anything about him and it was silly of me to project my fantasies and expectations onto him when he didn't do anything except exist in my vicinity. He did nothing wrong and even responded when I approached (while he had headphones in) with a casual shrug (not a mean one).

The truth is I really knew nothing about him, he was just really handsome, very intelligent, and had a great sense of humor and I felt that since we had similar browsing history I made a lot of vast assumptions about his character and projected my desires onto him and thus my attraction grew. He really did nothing wrong except...be there.
>>
>>22844354
I'd be pretty excited by the thought of a girl that isn't afraid to express her sexuality. The dude is a fucking prude if he's put off by that.

Also, I hate to be one of these keks but you're a pretty girl, so don't be so hard on yourself.
>>
>>22844444

I suppose I just think his misjudgment of you was douchey in and of itself. So what if you were a camwhore or whatever he thought of you as? That's no reason to look down on you.
>>
>>22844444
Eugh, redundancies in the last two paragraphs, apologies, I didn't proofread.

Point being it was just an unfortunate turn of events which led to a missed opportunity for friendship and quelling my desires. Nobody to be faulted on either side, and if there was one it'd be me for creeping. Now he's forever a huge mystery, which of course, preserves that intense attraction.

He's the only crush I've had where I did not know him in the slightest and yet simultaneously the crush I have had the most feelings for....

I was so cringey about the entire thing too, which makes it all worse.
>>
File: 1365895085959.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1728) Image search: [Google]
1365895085959.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1728
>>22844354
If that's you, you're absolutely adorable, shame to hear that though. Keep in mind 4chin has a higher than normal percentage of autistic users (not a dig just my but as a psych student you should notice that too), intelligence can be particularly alienating too.
>>22844402
I used to post exclusively on /b/ years ago, (I basically just browse vg, lit and mu now) so I'm aware of all this, just unsure of how prevalent it is.
>>
>>22844444
Well look on the brightside, you went through all that pain so that you could come here today and post quints.

I don't want to go full robot mode but I've been there with many women, missed out on so many amazing opportunities for one silly reason or another. Thinking about it never makes it any better, but you could always try to reach out to him and be open about things. My pride is too strong to reach out to the women from my past.
>>
>>22844458
Some people would vastly disagree, but I do indeed feel the same way as you and am happy to see that there are some people out there who share that viewpoint.

>>22844456
That's also the thing, I was (and still somewhat am) unsure about appropriate expression of my sexuality. At that point I had only ever been with one person sexually ever, once. I didn't really know how to flirt, especially with a complete stranger that killed all cognitive functions with just a glance and made me tremble from head to toe. I was actually somewhat of an asshole during our slight interactions because I was taught that negging is the best way to reel someone in...I was literally retarded. I think the reason I sexualized him so much was in part due to my inexperience at the time as well. Since I had very little sexual experience (all of which was not that enjoyable or romantic) coupled with a high sex drive, I projected a lot of it onto him since he's extremely aesthetically appealing and was also sitting nearby for an entire year. I definitely wasn't open about it, I am sure I even came off as somewhat of a prude.

If only he knew what was going on inside my head...lmao, he'd probably file for sexual harassment.

I appreciate the compliment though and trying not to be too self-deprecating. Am just looking at it from a realistic perspective. I didn't handle the situation well at all and in his perspective I was probably just some asshole chick that was shitty to him every time I talked to him and then bothered him while he was trying to listen to music and was also somewhat loud and annoying. I didn't do anything to give him the impression that I liked him except tell my friends and stare at him all the time. =)
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 612x612
posing as someone else on the Internet? Why would anyone do such a thing?
>>
>>22844488
>>22844468
Thanks for the words of encouragement and advice. I really do appreciate it but I understand why you might be hesitant to post here. If you are not afraid of someone irl recognising you or some weirdo (maxim) photoshopping your nipples off, then just go for it. As long as it's nothing crass or indecent you can't really be faulted nor judged. Plus threads such as rate/assumption threads fill up so quickly that you really have no need to worry.

Also I didn't have him on any social media. I tried stalking a bit two years ago and found that he has a Facebook with like 20 friends and a profile photo of trees that seems untouched for years. Definitely the kind of guy who isn't active on anything like that. I bet if I wrote him a letter he wouldn't even get it on there.

Even if so, what would I say? "Hey I used to fantasize about you in AP Psych and had a massive crush. Just thought you should know so you can bring back repressed, embarrassing memories from 11th grade and further reject me with your cool demeanor. You're still hot. Yours truly"

I know he wasn't interested me in the slightest bit back then so nothing really would change except for me getting it off my chest which would probably feel great at first and then once the crippling insecurity hit I'd regret it forever.
>>
File: 20151013_171040.jpg (75 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
20151013_171040.jpg
75 KB, 612x612
>>22844520
I have no idea anon, but some people like you or this cunt >>22844354 always try to impersonate me. But everyone already knows that I'm just herre for the BBC
>>
File: 1260128105856.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1260128105856.jpg
2 MB, 1536x2048
>>22844543
just do it, you'll be fine. Be honest but not 100% honest, you can skip the fantasizing part initially.

I wrote a long personal reply but accidentally refreshed
>>
as long as you don't post religiously around the clock to the point where people find things to start disliking about you, you'll usually be fine.

however, there's always the chance of running into people you know irl, over the past couple of years i've had it happen a few times.

if someone finds your nudes...yeah, usually not good.

i've only ever posted my face, but i've had a few people recognize me from irl, try to 'troll' and give out my information (name/facebook) ...lots of lame stuff that really doesn't matter, haha, so i've had my name revealed on here and nothing happened because nobody cared.

but yeah, that's about it. as long as you're not posting nudes that can be used against you i think you'll be fine.

worst that happens is your name gets dropped. if that happens don't respond so people don't cause a hissy. people only respond if you get upset, the whole 'troll' mentality
>>
>>22844229
if you´re a dude youll get shitposted everywhere too

see: maxim, david
>>
i posted for years. from the time soc was created until the end of last year. got myself a nice little name and everything.

i quit kinda because archives were getting more popular and common, but mostly because my body just kinda went downhill. i dont eat crap and i work out, but i started getting some wrinkles, the girls stopped looking forward and started looking down, and the downstairs lips started looking wrinkly.

i dont know if everyone who posts here is just all still younger or if my body just decided it was going to age extra quickly, but nearing 30 and i feel like i have the body of a 50 year old.
>>
>>22845113
Post pics. I like older women. Those young bodies seem kinda boring. Wrinkles add character.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.