[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I learn next year's material over the summer and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1458433699582.png (125 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1458433699582.png
125 KB, 400x388
>mfw I learn next year's material over the summer and start the year already knowing everything

Get on my level faggots
>>
File: killyouareself.gif (4 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
killyouareself.gif
4 MB, 500x281
>mfw denied transfer to the school I was aiming for and considering od
>mfw took 17 credit hours last semester and trashed my gpa with straight B's
Might as well just end it.
>>
way to waste your time
>>
>>7947799

Not really. Simply means less studying during semesters and better grades as I cover the material again
>>
Every time I've tried to cover material independently, I've only done a few problems/pages of reading, but this has always helped give me the little confidence boost I need.

Independent study is always good, go for it OP. Of course if you're really making your way through courses then you should try and work some way to not have to waste your time.
>>
File: 1442585588762.gif (20 KB, 640x804) Image search: [Google]
1442585588762.gif
20 KB, 640x804
>>7947764
>spend the summer already preparing my PhD thesis while technically still in undergrad
>tfw I already studied everything else on my own

Get on my level, brainlet. Oh wait, you can't.
>>
>>7947816
I'm sure it will look very lovely in the university's library, where it will remain untouched.
>>
>>7947813

I don't know anything else except independent study. Learned maths from pre-algebra up to calc 3 over 2 years (with a lot shit posting and good posting on sci during that time) and then sat an alternative entrance exam to get into university as I didn't have official credits.
>>
>>7947816

>he doesn't know that you don't choose a PhD thesis, you apply for one
>>
>>7947764
i'd rather do overtime at my internship
>more money
>more applicable experience
>makes letters of recommendation from your boss easier

more important than getting a jump start on material imo.
>>
>>7947764
>He doesn't spend his summers working, gaining experience, having sex, networking
HAHAHAHA you fucken nerd
>>
>>7947886
>sex
yeah no
>>
>>7947886
>he thinks having sex takes up a lot of time

Spotted the virgin
>>
File: sixty minute man.jpg (16 KB, 400x285) Image search: [Google]
sixty minute man.jpg
16 KB, 400x285
>>7947890
We all know you only last about 45 seconds, but there's no reason to broadcast it to the entire board.
>>
So far I've taken summer quarter every year.
>>
File: turtle13.jpg (74 KB, 935x858) Image search: [Google]
turtle13.jpg
74 KB, 935x858
>>7947833
>he's too dumb to come up with his own thesis topic
>>
I try to do this but end up procrastinating and just drink all summer.
>>
>>7947833
Are you stupid?
You can do that for a Master's, but a PhD requires an original thesis and original work.
>>
>>7947987

Do you know any people with PhDs? Because I know many. The work is still original, you dummy.
>>
>>7947996
Axtually, I do, and they all cam up with and submitted their own theses.
>>
>>7947999

I call utter bullshit. Universities are not going to waste funding on letting follow their dreams. They fund PhDs for research they actually want, not some random shit some recently graduated undergrad or msfag thought up.
>>
>>7948068

*people
>>
>>7948068

wew lad.

half the PhD theses at my school are x-ray diffraction studies of random useless bullshit molecules.
>>
wew lad

I actually do internships/research
>>
>>7947764
gunna try this next semester
>>
>>7947764
Doffyfag btfo
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.