[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW MEME: all soft science and philosophy shittery goes to >>>/his/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: 6089811_orig.png (268 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
6089811_orig.png
268 KB, 600x700
NEW MEME: all soft science and philosophy shittery goes to >>>/his/

MODERATORS CAN WE GET THIS APPENDED TO THE STICKY!!
>>
>>7924453
Omg please yes
We can keep some soft sciences like some biology threads were pretty alright, but imagine a /sci/ without all the consciousness/free will/bioethics/epistemology shit
>>
Bump?
>>
>>7924453
bump-desu
>>
>>7924466
nice iteration of unacceptable topics.
i'll attempt to expand
>bioethics, ethics, popular biology
>consciousness, free will, epistemology, pseudo-foundational mathematics
>troll physics, troll math
>was X the greatest most Y of all time ?!
>help me on my primary school homework
>wow this historical science figure was so sexy
> >>>/b/ tier nonsense
>>
>>7924453
While it's true that there has been a surge in philosophical threads that I agree do not belong here in the last days, people here keep responding to them instead of actual scientific threads so it's kind of /sci/'s fault as well.
Also:

>/sci/
>mods existing
>mods doing anything

>>7924466
>We can keep some soft sciences like some biology threads were pretty alright

That came out of nowhere. You do realise that by posting memes like these you only alienate potential posters right? If you actually want more science threads, maybe you shouldn't specifically pick those 'major hierarchy' memes on /sci/ and spread them. Even if it's just bantz, others might take it more seriously. Reducing traffic on this board just makes popsci and non-sci threads even more prevalent, at least that's how I see it.
>>
>>7924520
>posting 4 paragraph response to a poster
>complaining about cancer
>>
WAKE UP MODS
bump
>>
why all the biology hate?
>>
>>7924577
because the philosofaggots use it to talk about consciousness-desu
>>
>>7924512
extended:
>let's divide by zero xD
>i wonder what would happen if robots could become really really smart
>are all women retarded? why am i still a virgin?
>WOW SCIENCE IS COOL
>i'm a college freshman and i major in X and thus i'm amazing
>>
lmao no this is a terrible idea
>>
>>7924591
This is correct, and /pol/tards use it for their 'scientific' racism and evolution-denying threads. Not the fault of the science though, just the posters. Just post more actual scientific bio threads and it should be fine desu.
>>
>>7924591
So it's not really about biology, just the philosophy of biology and philosophy related to biology. I agree that goes in /his/, but if I want to discuss the evolution of seeds I'm posting it here.
>>
>>7924607
The sticky is laughably terse, I don't blame biology, I blame the mods.
>>
MODS?

bamp
>>
upvote OP
>>
>science is so fascinating
>women are so stoopid
>is being a racist racist?
>wooow math is smart
>>
why? it's a slow board
>>
>>7924453
so all that would be left is moronic autistic math/physics threads, no wonder you're all virgins
>>
bump
time to get rid of the cancerous popsci once and for all
>>
lmao
>>
Bump for justice?
>>
yes it's a slow board so i don't think we even need mods. i happen to love the science channel / popular science articles :)
>>
fuck newfags and fuck /sci/
>>
File: giphy.gif (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3 MB, 480x360
>>7924453
>>
>>7924453
why should you be allowed to propose changes to a board you are not relevant to. philosophy is the driving force behind science. otherwise all we would have are homework questions
>>
>>7926622
RARE
>>
>>7924453
>being this triggered

Stop whining you entitled faggot
>>
File: koch conscience.jpg (95 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
koch conscience.jpg
95 KB, 450x600
How about this

REMINDER: all discussion of consciousness and religion that does not cite scientific research belongs on >>>/his/
>>
>>7926628
Wow cancer levels are off the charts on this one
>>
>>7926706
I like this
>>
>>7924666
UUUU
>>
>>7924466
>We can keep some soft sciences like some biology threads were pretty alright,

How of commendable of you you arrogant piece of shit.
>>
>>7924666
If /sci/ today is slow for you, you've never been here 4 years ago. Most threads started here already 404 within 24 hours. There is a downside to a slower board though, being flooded with pages of gorillas similar to what happened two weeks ago.
>>
We should have a separate board for maths, and leave sci for sucking dicks, aka engineering, computer """ science """ and shit like that
>>
>>7927091
No, the problem with engineers and CSfags is that they do not realise there already exists a board for them, /g/.
Separating math from /sci/ would have an upside though, that is seeing far less homework threads. But the downside is that actual quality math threads will not appear anymore. And then there'd be the crossboard shitposters spamming every physics thread with "hurr this isn't science, go back to the math board".
>>
>>7924597
extended:
>gorillaposters intentionally making /b/-tier questions just so that gorillas appear all over this board
>>
>>7926679
indeed!
>>
Seriously? These are the problems or the Gorillas and Armin Alert?
>>
lmao >>7927091
triple parens
>>
>>7924453
Is this a new board?
>>
>>7927633
>>/his/ is a new "trial" board, yes
>>
>>7924453
>>7926706
I fully support this notion.
>>
The cancer in the board is really overwhelming as of lately. I feel that a lot of college biddies perhaps are becoming familiar with 4chan for some reason and shitposting on sci for fun.
>>
File: !.jpg (48 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
48 KB, 250x232
>>7927268
What are you implying? :|
>>
>>7924453
Never going to happen, 4chan is run by 17 year olds now.
>>
bump hump dump
>>
>>7927796
hump dump bump
bump dump hump
dump bump hump
dump hump bump
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.