[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've come to a pretty depressing conclusion [s4s] When
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1464876172862.gif (829 KB, 480x340) Image search: [Google]
1464876172862.gif
829 KB, 480x340
I've come to a pretty depressing conclusion [s4s]

When I was younger, there was a PSA that would often play on Teletoon or YTV where all the young boys talked about what their passion or talent was, and it ended with the tagline; "nobody's good at everything, but everybody's good at something."

The more I thought about it, the more I realized how false it was. Nobody's good at everything, there simply aren't enough hours in the day or days in your life to do everything let alone be excellent at all of them. But most people aren't good at anything, and the few people who are good at something are typically good at many things.

And I realized it comes down to attitudes. Nobody is simply born innately talented at something, it takes effort and time and commitment. With that in mind, our success is largely determined by how we approach life and our personal traits. Someone who is very lazy or avoidant probably isn't good at anything, it's not in their nature to put in the necessary time and effort to achieve something, and they're not arbitrarily going to be good at one specific thing without practice or passion. But someone who is motivated or tenacious will achieve many things, they aren't going to simply stop at the first activity they become proficient at.

I think it's really dangerous to tell children that everyone is good at something, that they can just wait or anticipate that something they're innately good at from the beginning will eventually find their way to them. We should be fostering the personality traits and characteristics of achievers and winners in kids, not comforting them with the idea that even without hard work everyone is inherently good at at least one thing.
>>
>>4479240
u r good @ writeing :)
>>
Omi god Anon
>>
>>4479240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lfxYhtf8o4
>>
>>4479284
tbh i think this speech is a little too meanspirited and more about people being crappy, when the message I was trying to get across is that you totally CAN get good at stuff, but it takes hard work.
>>
File: image.jpg (403 KB, 1280x1556) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
403 KB, 1280x1556
>>4479240 Your post fucked a teardrop out of my eye.
>>
>>4479428
your post trickled a little diarrhea out of my butthole
>>
>>4479240
i always interpreted it like, "just try out many things until you find yours". not just sitting around and waiting for a devine touch tickeling your butte until you get to a talent. do something. be active, and then you will probably find something you're good at. you may be a good carpenter, but you will never know if you avoid hammers.

nicely written though anon :^) frogdumbsters could learn a thing or two from that
>>
>>4479432
came here to post this
>>
>>4479618
this but unironically
>>
>>4479240
good post i read it
>>
fucking gug
>>
>>4479240
I couldn't read that long-ass post because I was too busy banging your mom
>>
>>4480063
BAZINGA'D
>>
>>4480063
#REKT
>>
File: Ice burn.gif (49 KB, 500x129) Image search: [Google]
Ice burn.gif
49 KB, 500x129
>>4480063
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.