[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Virginity is a social construct
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
Although it seems straightforward enough to say that everyone has either had sex or they haven't, the way that virginity is defined is ultimately contingent upon some highly arbitrary social choices, with problematic implications.

The most obvious factor is that sex itself is an ambiguously defined term. Most people would agree that limiting yourself to Penis-in-Vagina intercourse is too limiting considering the wide varieties of sexualities in modern life, there's a great deal of debate over whether various lewd activities count as sexual activity. Does touching count? Does licking count? Furthermore a big issue is that many people who consider themselves virgins have in fact engaged in quite a lot of sexual acts, they merely have not engaged any other people in these acts. But why should we consider such people to have an incomplete sexuality?

The deeper problem is one of grammar. When we say someone is a virgin, we say that they have virginity, and then they lose that virginity when they have sex. But this way of description is not how we usually refer to undergo new experiences. People who visit a new city for the first time or try a new food are not "losing it" they're just trying new things. To treat virginity as a noun is to treat it as something special, either something sacred and pure which needs to be preserved, or something embarrassing which needs to be lost. But both attitudes are a very limiting attitude towards sexuality. People should be able to try new experiences, sometimes alone and sometimes with some nice friends, without it being treated as becoming a new kind of person.

Sex is something a lot of people seem to enjoy and I think I should try it some time. But to create a world full of social justice, we need to move beyond such narrow ideas like virginity. Only then can we have truly liberated sexualities.
>>
File: angrypepe.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
angrypepe.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
WEEBS GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1451401893423.jpg (55 KB, 414x414) Image search: [Google]
1451401893423.jpg
55 KB, 414x414
These brothers within the picture infiltrated a compound full of ISIS muslims and gunned them down like fucking badasses. They then found a time machine inside the compound and proceeded to singlehandedly wipe out the Nazi armies, free the Jews, and disembowel Hitler. They travelled further back in time and ass-raped the British army during the Revolutionary War. They said themselves that Washington himself had a tear in his eye from the pride he felt. He was so proud that he agreed to be sacrificed so he may transfer his soul into the body of an eagle. The brothers took the eagle, went back to the present time, and took a selfie with George Washington the eagle. They then supposedly vanished into an explosion of fire and beautiful white women before disappearing into the sunset.............
>>
>>4036207
TLDR
>>
HAHA POOPOO PEEE PEE LMAO LOLS I PEE ON MY POO POO. DADA DOO DOO? FUNNY MEMEE MEMES MAYMAY PEE PEE. I USE MY WEE WEE. PEENUS WEENUS HAHA. MEMES. LOL. PEE POOP POOPY MEMES. PEEPY MEEMS. LMAO DOES ANYONE ELSE POOP ON THEIR PEE LOL? I PEE ON MY PEE ON MY POOP. PEESCEPTION? LOLS. CAN YOU POOP ON YOUR PEE? I WANT TO POOP ON MY POOPOO. DADA HELP ME. I NEED TO GO DOODOO. AND AFTER DOODOO NEED TO GO PEE PEE ON MY POO POO.HAHA POOPOO PEEE PEE LMAO LOLS I PEE ON MY POO POO. DADA DOO DOO? FUNNY MEMEE MEMES MAYMAY PEE PEE. I USE MY WEE WEE. PEENUS WEENUS HAHA. MEMES. LOL. PEE POOP POOPY MEMES. PEEPY MEEMS. LMAO DOES ANYONE ELSE POOP ON THEIR PEE LOL? I PEE ON MY PEE ON MY POOP. PEESCEPTION? LOLS. CAN YOU POOP ON YOUR PEE? I WANT TO POOP ON MY POOPOO. DADA HELP ME. I NEED TO GO DOODOO. AND AFTER DOODOO NEED TO GO PEE PEE ON MY POO POO.HAHA POOPOO PEEE PEE LMAO LOLS I PEE ON MY POO POO. DADA DOO DOO? FUNNY MEMEE MEMES MAYMAY PEE PEE. I USE MY WEE WEE. PEENUS WEENUS HAHA. MEMES. LOL. PEE POOP POOPY MEMES. PEEPY MEEMS. LMAO DOES ANYONE ELSE POOP ON THEIR PEE LOL? I PEE ON MY PEE ON MY POOP. PEESCEPTION? LOLS. CAN YOU POOP ON YOUR PEE? I WANT TO POOP ON MY POOPOO. DADA HELP ME. I NEED TO GO DOODOO. AND AFTER DOODOO NEED TO GO PEE PEE ON MY POO POO.HAHA POOPOO PEEE PEE LMAO LOLS I PEE ON MY POO POO. DADA DOO DOO? FUNNY MEMEE MEMES MAYMAY PEE PEE. I USE MY WEE WEE. PEENUS WEENUS HAHA. MEMES. LOL. PEE POOP POOPY MEMES. PEEPY MEEMS. LMAO DOES ANYONE ELSE POOP ON THEIR PEE LOL? I PEE ON MY PEE ON MY POOP. PEESCEPTION? LOLS. CAN YOU POOP ON YOUR PEE? I WANT TO POOP ON MY POOPOO. DADA HELP ME. I NEED TO GO DOODOO. AND AFTER DOODOO NEED TO GO PEE PEE ON MY POO POO. POOPY PEEE
>>
>>4036212
Dumb frogposter
>>
Somewhere out there is the guy who made this. He's probably in his late 20s now. Undoubtedly, he knows what he created. But nobody would ever believe him if he told them.

That man is unknown, but he is among the ranks of Oppenheimer and whats-his-name.
>>
>>4036222
TLDR but nice trips
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 600x450
I read it to straight forward
>meme's
>straight
>forward

Your fortune: キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!
>>
These are some interesting counterarguments.
>>
>>4036207
Hahaha I'm gonna post this on wizchan xD
>>
>>4036207

I know it is frequently misdescribed as such, but virginity is not a catch-all for "sexual purity", it is merely the measure of whether a person has had penetrative sex or not.

the state of virginity is terminated when you put your benis inside someone else's body, or if a benis enters your body. that's it. if you want to be super hardcore about the original definition, it applies only to females and whether or not they have had penetrative vaginal sex

So yes, someone could engage in a lot of "sex-like" activity while still remaining a virgin, because virginity itself is not the measure of "purity" or "moral fortitude"
>>
>>4036207
please step on my balls
>>
I disagree
>>
>>4036207
Nigger is a social construct
>>
ur mom's pussy is a social construct and I deconstructed it last night LMOA
>>
>>4036516

Yes, and it's a rude one. :(
>>
>>4036522
>22
dubs

>>4036338
okey i reblogged this to wizchan, i hope they like it!
crosslinking:
http://wizchan.org/lounge/res/61654.html
(is not a "raid" pls mods, i'm not encouraging anyone to post on that rude website)
>>
>>4036207
i wish i could meet a succ-you-bus
>>
>>4037673
Reported
>>
Fuckin butthurt virgin lol
>>
>>4037673
Reported for raiding enjoy your ban :^)
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.