[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The appeal of the number 1111 to me seems to be the sum of it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: goldmarble.jpg (140 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
goldmarble.jpg
140 KB, 800x600
The appeal of the number 1111 to me seems to be the sum of it's many conceptual aesthetics, from the simple appeal of various symmetries to more subjective, personal associations. In these ways, the number itself is not often observed for the amount it represents, but it's uniform appearance. I will tell you what I see. I see four indivisibles, four individuals, a group of four single units, simplest whole units.
In real numbers of course there is no simplest unit, we can keep slicing something into parts forever and ever as the fractal nature of our reality appears to allow. That is part of what I see in the appeal of the ones grouped together, an idea that somewhere there is a just and wholly one, and everything being made of the sums of these ones.
The subjective personal associations I draw from this reflect my own thought-devices concerning life. I have made up a story for myself that helps me retain and manage a sort of faith despite some of the facts I and many of us must confront ourselves with in a world that knows so much more about itself than it ever did.
The fact is that we, the living, are composed of the same materials, same building blocks, as the nonliving. I still like to think though, that somewhere in the assembly of that which is living, somewhere perhaps tucked away in the minutest scales of observation and detection, is our marbles.
People have so many marbles, some may be lost and some gained, but what I tell myself is that there is one golden marble in each of us. It is why any one can be forgiven by the god they follow, it essentially IS the little bit of god in everyone. One little piece of god which animates the dust of the nonliving and as such creates a distinction between us and it, animated long ago through and by the intention of the golden marble.
>>
File: aeGSAF.png (959 KB, 1280x965) Image search: [Google]
aeGSAF.png
959 KB, 1280x965
In the perspective of the golden marble, the eyes you see through are no more you than the dirt beneath your feet, it is the essential you deep down which has you not only inhabiting this body, but inhabiting this world. The other marbles compose what makes us different, the golden marble is what makes us all the same. What we may affect, what we may control is owed to the intention which long ago directed matter to construct itself in various assemblies and through inconceivable expanse of time and trial, began to form complex arrangements and eventually what we refer to as biological matter, what makes up that which is alive, eventually directing electricity through circuits made up of various materials which retain an imprint of the activity they facilitate and mediate, the assemblies which allow thought and memory.
The golden marble is inside us in the sense that we are our body, but because our actions are directly linked to the intent of it, we are more just that, we are our external environment as well. Picking up a handful of sand, touching the nonliving, is the same way the golden marble touched us and is an extension of it, we are the golden marble in a very simple sense. There are our other marbles of course and they are things we learn, that we experience, gray marbles perhaps.
1111 invokes thought of this sort and various number fetishists and new-age spirituals have similar ideas and experiences as well. Empowerment of the individual and a simple unbreakable equality among all men and women.The appeal is beyond what the number is or represents in it's functional sense. It's an assembly of equal units, something feels timeless and right about it and while I won't accept my fancies as any more than what they are, I feel no shame in sharing them with another as I would any other dream of living.

Happy quads day.
>>
I did not read this but upvoted anyway. Please sticky mods.
>>
File: dude.jpg (77 KB, 810x746) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
77 KB, 810x746
dude. wat.
>>
>>3903989
>>3903992
I am literally crying right now.

So beautiful, so visceral.

May the heavens bless you, Captain.

You are the shining example of a quality poster.
>>
>>3904009
That makes me breathe heavy and my heart beat fast. I'm happy we could resonate with one another.
>>
>>3903989
hOloyh fuck this is a gr9 storee
>>
File: neart.png (400 KB, 1268x1268) Image search: [Google]
neart.png
400 KB, 1268x1268
asthetic

Your fortune: Very Bad Luck
>>
>>3904228
assthetics
>>
I didnt come to le 4chinz to read a book on faggotronics
>>
>>3904250
why wouldn't you want to read your biography lol
>>
File: oh snap.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
oh snap.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>3904256
>>
File: galactica.png (240 KB, 500x7417) Image search: [Google]
galactica.png
240 KB, 500x7417
>>3903989

cool story bro
>>
bump for getterans

Your fortune: Outlook good
>>
>>3903989
Nice beads tbh
>>
>>3904745
ty
>>
>>3904895
UR GAY >:^D
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 610x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 610x458
>>3905032
stop being gay
>>
>>3905046
Looks like my vagina
>>
>>3905046
R O A S T
>>
File: 1444457333035.jpg (34 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1444457333035.jpg
34 KB, 600x800
>>3905046
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.