[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw too intellectual to socialize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 21
File: 1441254874455.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1441254874455.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
>>
>>29597560

nah you're just too self-absorbed to not be annoying to others so you tell yourself people hate your "intelligence" to protect your ego

what they actually hate is how you only talk about boring shit you read on wikipedia last night like someone who is desperately trying to prove to themselves that they're smart
>>
>>29597679
This. Nobody is "too intellectual" to socialize, OP is deluding himself.
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26 KB, 600x750
*tips fedora*

everyone who calls themselves an intellectual is an insufferably pretentious faggot so no wonder you have no friends
>>
>>29597679
>>29597707
>>29597736
Hello normies. Enjoying your visit?
>>
>>29597560
Keep telling yourself that NB hgffdd
>>
>>29597707

Yeah. Get real, OP. Stop trying to separate yourself from others by deluding yourself into thinking you're superior. You've said 5 words and it's already obvious you've got an inferiority complex. People can smell the desperation coming off of you.
>>
>>29597679
/story /thread
>>
>>29597756

>you have to be a normie to not be delusional

it all makes sense now
>>
>>29597756
calling me a normie won't change that you are a faggot
>>29597779
>>
File: 1457314150424.jpg (46 KB, 564x481) Image search: [Google]
1457314150424.jpg
46 KB, 564x481
>>29597560
lktf OP, our gift is a curse
>>
File: 9ba.gif (1 MB, 200x301) Image search: [Google]
9ba.gif
1 MB, 200x301
>>29597560
you are a douche and you should feel bad
>>
>we're socially inhibited, emotionally and mentally wrecked losers because we're too SMART for this world

Not how it works unfortunately. The /r9k/ community is probably a little smarter than the societal average, but if it is, it's not by much.
>>
>>29597560
if you consider yourself to be overly intelligent what is your area of expertise? or are you just some kind of hivemind who knows everything about anything?
>>
>>29597836
>>29597805
>>29597800
and here we see. Normies threatened by intellectual superiority.
>>
>>29597679
I have read a paper on popular types of people and how their IQ tend not to be genius or average level, but above average.
By the other hand, I think intelligence has little to do with IQ.
>>
>>29597560
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>29597846

It's really sad because everyone knew that one kid in high school who was both mean and ugly who always acted like he thought he was superior to others.

That mean and ugly kid thought everyone bullied him because he was ugly (when in fact there are normies who probably have similar/uglier faces who get treated well). He was bullied because he acted like a dick. People just criticized his clothes or appearance because that's a lot funnier/more socially acceptable/faster than explaining to the loser why his personality sucks.

Then that mean/ugly kid goes home and cries to his parents about how he's getting rekt for being ugly and his parents say "oh well those jocks are all dumb but you'll get ahead in life because of your special snowflake intelligence" and the mean/ugly kid becomes deluded into thinking he's intelligent
>>
>>29597873
You don't need to be of average intelligence to be social, you just need to have good social skills.
>>
>>29597560
nice bait my intellectual mate
>>
>>29597873

Ever notice how a lot of engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc are Chad?
>>
>>29597679
what's with the bropsych? XD
>>
>>29597736
>>29597836

>You're not allowed to use any positive adjectives to refer to yourself as

This meme is stale as fuck. Nothing wrong to referring to oneself as an intellectual. Once again you throw out a whole fucking VALID concept because someone you don't like uses it. Pretty pleb-tier thinking.

Intellectual means "interested in ideas" that's it. If you can talk about the idea or concepts of something, you're an intellectual.

There is no honor in being a moron on purpose. Try harder.
>>
>>29598004

"bropsych"

"being able to deduce basic english"
>>
>>29598034
Don't bother with him; he probably thinks nobody laughs at his jokes because his "humor is too advanced", as well.
>>
I know that feel.
I am very intellectual, but not particularly intelligent. It's the worst of both worlds.
>>
File: 1418623137384.jpg (48 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1418623137384.jpg
48 KB, 330x319
>>29597991
>academic achievement = intelligence
>>
>>29598025

>a statement that reflects healthy self-esteem and self-awareness

"I am very knowledgable in the fields of ___"

>not a statement that reflects healthy self-esteem and self-awareness

"I am socially isolated because I'm just so much smarter than everyone else!!!"
>>
Maybe OP wants to talk about topics normies aren't interested in? Can't blame him for feeling lonely over that.
>>
who here /intelligent but lazy/? :^)
>>
>>29598066

>sitting on your ass in a basement posting 12 year old memes and unironically blogging on a website full of acne-riddled hamburglars

definite sign of intelligence

tell me what your finger smells like anon, is euphoric?
>>
>>29597873
>fucking n...normies I...I'm smarter than you
>>
>>29598096
I am dumb and lazy. Or dumb because of laziness.
>>
>>29597560
Embrace it. Make your room into your wizard's tower. I have a giant tapestry of a dragon, a cat skull with many successive layers of candle wax, and so on. Wait it out until death, try to further human understanding.
>>
>>29598066
>I'm a pathetic failure who sucked in school and has nothing to show for my dismal 20+ years in life.
>>
>>29598070
Being more intelligent than people isn't anything to do with knowing more than other people. It's a perspective thing that pertains to all parts of life. Making it incredibly hard to relate to the average cretin.
>>
>>29598066
Exactly, we all know the universal sign of intelligence: smugly shitposting on chinese cat forums.
>>
>>29598025
I can smell the fedora and mountain dew from the letters you typed with your greasy unwashed delusional hands
>>
>>29598070

So... it's the semantics you have a problem with and you're projecting this stereotypical caricature onto OP because he used a word you don't like?

>>not a statement that reflects healthy self-esteem and self-awareness

>"I am socially isolated because I'm just so much smarter than everyone else!!!"

Self-deprecation is not self-awareness. Lord forbid any robot feels an ounce of self-esteem around here.
>>
>>29598151

I can smell your mom's vagina while she's getting nailed by Tyrone and you furiously await her to stop so she can come give you tendies.
>>
>>29597560
autistic. autistic is the word you're looking for.
>>
>>29598066
It's not the same, you can be intelligent and have no diploma. But you can't be a great engineer or lawyer or doctor without being intelligent.
>>
>>29598131
Well, somewhat siding with anon. My father is a mechanical engineer and he is pretty dumb in everything outside the technical knowledge he has. He makes bad decisions after bad decisions, and is pretty unstable.
>>
>>29597560
I actually get you, man. I'm no intellectual, but I've tried to discuss certain things with certaing people only to be mocked and being referred as smug, or pretentious. Truth is people is fucking shallow as fucking fuck, just be shallow around them, then you can just return home to read Hegel and write short stories that no one will ever read Roflol
>>
>>29598286
engineers are the best example. They know their field of expertise, but they are dumb fucks and when it coms to social issues they're just like "I'm not interested, I havea job and that's that for me".
>>
>>29598183
Did i strike a nerve? Why dont you stop projecting and go get yourself some more mountain dew you social reject, or is the outside world too scary for you?
>>
>>29598331
It's not about liking intellectual stuff like Philosophy, it's about being different. People hate the different and will find a way to attack you, whether you are doing something above ("pretentious!") or below (creep!) them.
My suggestion is finding your own clique of people who like Philosophy.
>>
>>29597560
as pretentious as this sounds, i feel the same way

i feel if i were dumber i could take things at face value
>>
>>29598025
you're allowed, it just doesn't sound good
>>
>>29598331
... another suggestion is to be fake, pretend being like other people.
>>
>>29598138

Ah, so your perspective (women are evil, lizard jews rule the world, dragon tapestries are cool) is what makes you superior

>this level of delusion
>>
File: 1465278610707.jpg (113 KB, 428x456) Image search: [Google]
1465278610707.jpg
113 KB, 428x456
I feel superior to other people, but I hate myself for feeling that way.

I keep my thoughts to myself most of the time. I don't think anyone would enjoy or agree with anything I have to say.

Feel intelligent but not articulate enough to get my thoughts across.

Most of the time I just feel stupid.
>>
>>29598151

this is not an honourable post anon, be more intellectual why don't you? ;^)
>>
>>29598153

You're very good at not understanding my post and then writing replies anon, you should feel very esteemed for that
>>
>>29598378

I can't hear you over her screams.

>Tyrone! Tyrone! He's a real man! Unlike my son who spends all day on that computer!

Did I strike a nerve since you replied?
>>
>>29598331

>reading Hegel makes me special and different
>my idea of socializing is circlejerking about how special and different I am while other people agree with me

There it is
>>
>>29598465

When I personally say I say "I fancy myself an intellectual" it conveys the same thing with a slice of humility.
>>
>>29597560

Please tell me this is a fucking joke. The most intellectual people find socializing to be a rather easy task (not exclusive to all intelligent people). You're probably just a dick.

I used to think that I was more intelligent than everyone else, but once you drop that facade of intelligence, you realize you just think that way because you have a fragile ego and / or low self esteem.
>>
>>29598408

Do you think Hegel called himself intellectual? Or do you think he just wrote intelligent shit and let his work speak for itself?

The quickest way to determine if someone is an idiot is to guage how hard they're trying to convince you that they're smart
>>
>>29597560
>can't socialize
>makes a post in front of hundreds of people about it

sure it's anonymous and all but seriously, fuck off with that gay shit. you know damn well you can do it you lazy pussy faggot
>>
File: 1459215263490.gif (907 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
1459215263490.gif
907 KB, 500x394
>>29598531
The worst is when someone asks you about an abstract concept that you understand internally, but if you give them your personal explanation 1:1, you know they wouldn't understand it so you try to break it down in layman's terms, but they still don't get it.

Then they write you off as stupid and go along with their day because you can't spoonfeed them in a way they like.

Bonus round: You aren't sure if they didn't understand because the material is over their head or because your explanation was shitty.
>>
>>29598578

I didn't understand your post! You're saying instead of using one word this phrase...

>I'm an intellectual

One should use this phrase

>"I am very knowledgable in the fields of ___"

Which sounds MORE pretentious, which I don't understand. Using the word intellectual is just a quick summation of that sentence.
>>
>>29598623

If someone told me "I fancy myself an intellectual" I would laugh at them to their face and then again behind their back
>>
File: 1466127301019.png (433 KB, 360x408) Image search: [Google]
1466127301019.png
433 KB, 360x408
>>29597560
Everything is so boring and predictable, I don't want to hear what some fag or bitch has to tell me or to go to their parties to get drunk and have sex, I just don't care.

It is specially annoying when someone approaches you with nice intentions, it sounds like horrible static on the radio and I want to tune out but I don't want to be rude so I smile and play along.

Nothing motivates me anymore, it is as if I am a walking corpse that sometimes is alive.
>>
File: 1413844922382.png (56 KB, 463x469) Image search: [Google]
1413844922382.png
56 KB, 463x469
>>29598034
>doesn't know the difference between deduction and assumption
epic analysis bro XD
>>
>>29597679
>>29597707
>mfw i see normiefags on this board
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29598659

>Anon spouts barely coherent nonsense
>People tell him he's being dumb
>THEY JUST DIDN'T UNDERSTAND MY GENIUS REEEE
>>
>>29598659
Ugh. I always feel like my explanation is shitty.

Like, I really enjoy films, and cinema, but I find it very difficult to discuss abstract themes concepts with other people. I don't know how to explain why a film is "good" and it makes me feel like a stupid fucking idiot.
>>
>>29598664

>I think I'm an all-encompassing genius (this is an unprovable delusion, aka narcissistic personality disorder)

>I have studied something specific in-depth and can speak about it with ease and teach others about it (this is concrete knowledge which can be proven)
>>
>>29598721

is that a self-portrait?
>>
>>29598682

Well there is no winning with your dumb ass is there? And dumb ass is what your prefer to be called since the word intellectual triggers you so fucking much.
>>
File: 1423424703880.jpg (25 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
1423424703880.jpg
25 KB, 620x350
>>29597560
People who tend to believe they are smart themselves create a big ass fucking brick wall and it pulls them apart from society. The solution is to remove the concept of 'intelligence' and pretend you are no greater than everyone else around you, thus you can ACTUALLY BEGIN socializing at public events. Let the people FIND OUT THEMSELVES you're an 'intellectual' by how you speak within a group. This normally involves cracking the code on the boundaries of sounding really really stuck up, or sounding the exact way you want (smart). GL HF
>>
>>29598776

>I think I'm an all-encompassing genius (this is an unprovable delusion, aka narcissistic personality disorder)

How do you get that out of

>Intellectual.

That's your own projecting. No one says that shit, you say that in your head and put those thoughts in their head, because that's your personal take-away.
>>
>>29597679
projecting pretty hard there lad and getting worked up over a bait thread
is there something you want to talk about?
>>
File: 1429907008132.gif (557 KB, 224x199) Image search: [Google]
1429907008132.gif
557 KB, 224x199
>socializing

Orihime
>>
>>29597965

I'll tell you something anon.

I was that kid who always acted superior.

For one simple reason. I never had functional, loving parents who would fucking listen to me. My dad was absent and my mom was a depressive mess and my stepfather was an alcoholic. Also we lived in poverty and I had fucking nothing. Years of emotional neglect turns you into an asshole, indeed.

So fuck you for thinking there was not a story behind my behavior, but simply thinking I did it because my parents loved me too much. Quite the opposite my friend.

I acted and felt superior precisely because I never experienced a functional family, while you spoiled dumb fucks who bullied me did. And then you cry about me being a dick.

Do you have any fucking idea how it feels when you are literally INVISIBLE and think you don't exist on this earth? There is nothing you can say to your mother and she doesn't have to say anything to you. You both died a long time ago. It's simply existing.
>>
>>29598652
I think Hegel would not avoid saying he was an intellectual if the subject was brought up because it would be jujst stating a fact.
>>
>>29598952

>Years of emotional neglect turns you into an asshole

This so fucking much. This x 1000.

School was really strange. You go there and you are always the same, while everyone around you is blossoming into some flower and socializing and living their life, while you are struggling to literally just keep your sanity and survive. Why? Because at home always is the same: You come home, you do nothing. You say nothing. Repeat. For weeks. For months. You never experienced emotional support, so you don't even know that this exists or what you are missing. Slowly you don't give a fuck about anything anymore.
>>
>>29598952
Same here. Had dysfunctional family, thought being all dramatic and intense was normal. Then acted like this with schoolmates and was labeled weirdo.
I still can't act normal naturally, I have to fake it.
>>
>>29597756
Being socially inept is one thing. But deluding yourself into thinking you're one step above everyone else is very fedora and sometimes even very normie

You're literally smart but lazy, but what most of you pseudo intellectuals fail to understand is that most other persons you meet also think they're too smart for you

Literally fuck off and find better friends
>>
>>29598952
Ayy fresh pasta thx lad
>>
>>29599095
The idea that people get along with people with similar levels of intelligence is an idea that has been around for some decades in scientific community.
From being socially inept to concluding that is not that much of a big jump.
>>
>>29598896
>I-it's just bait shut up!
>>
Lad, I get drunk and stoned with plenty of motherfuckers that ordinarily don't give two shits about anything unrelated to substances, bitches, and money.

I'll talk theology, geopolitics, ideology, etc with them all fucking day, man. If you're passionate about topics that people don't know much about, and you don't have a nasty habit of treating folks admittedly less concerned with the abstract than you like fucking retards, you'll find plenty of time to circlejerk about this shit.
>>
File: 1252795856041.jpg (82 KB, 552x532) Image search: [Google]
1252795856041.jpg
82 KB, 552x532
>I like reading, it's an intellectual pursuit.

Redditors on /r9k/:

>It's fedora pursuit! Fedora! Cuck! Fedora cuck boipocci pursuit!
>>
>>29599088
>I still can't act normal naturally, I have to fake it.

I'm pretty sure as long as you understand who you are and the things you do that make you that way, then there is no reason to feel apart from everyone else? No? If you try to correct the things that make you pop out only for professional/job acquiring + maintaining purposes, is there anything wrong with that?

Or does trying to correct the dramaticism and intenseness only sweep these problems under the bed?
>>
>>29599088

The worst part is that I can't approach anyone. It's simply not possible. I always feel that the person will take a glance at me and then ignore me or signal me that I shouldn't waste his time.

It's hardwired into me. The pain of a rejection, however minimal it would be, would trigger something in me which would probably remind be of early interactions with my disinterested family.

Does anyone know this feel? The feeling of total vulnerability when you have to look at someone, let alone speak to someone? The feeling that they can read you like a book and will instantly dismiss you.
>>
>>29599612
I had same shitty childhood. Raised by a mentally ill single mother on borderline poverty.
I have a massive inferiority complex and even though people seem to like me sometimes I don't believe anyone could ever truly like me or accept me, no matter the objective evidence to counterpoint.
It's truly fucked me up.
>>
>>29597560
if you were a real intellectual you would become a sociopath and develop a social life consisting of manipulating people for sex and money
>>
>>29599612
>>29599655

I'm pretty sure you would both be surprised to find out more people had similar experiences growing up. It's just a shame it doesn't work that way when you meet new people... it's not like you can introduce yourself with some sort of dysfunctional-family-crutch and then have everyone feeling super sad about how you are because of what happened.

Seriously try and leave behind the 'people can read me' and just remember that we are all no different from one another until we take drugs ): kec
>>
File: teddy.jpg (15 KB, 374x250) Image search: [Google]
teddy.jpg
15 KB, 374x250
>>29597560
Well trolled old boy, these chaps have no fucking idea poking holes in your logic is poking holes in their every day behavior.
Bully I say, bully.
>>
>>29597560
plenty of clever people can socialize even if they don't take much pleasure in it

>>29597736
>>
>>29597991
not at all dude. maybe some lawyers with good networking skills but not doctors or engineers
>>
>>29598066
dubs tell truth
>>
>>29598215
lmao u actually think that lawyers and doctors are chosen off of merit?
>>
>>29599655

I know this feel too well. Sometimes I think that I'm too likeable and feel guilty, because I don't even know if the feeling is mutual. I don't know how much of it is "acting" and how much is "real".

It's like when I'm with other people I'm on autopilot, programmed to extract as much likability as possible, like if my life depended on it, but when I'm alone I feel empty and unsure of my identity, and eventually this feeling overrides the other me and I think: "Well that guy wasn't likeable at all. They probably want to exploit me or abuse me. They're faking it!"

I've heard it's called bipolar, but I'm not sure if that's it.
>>
>>29599844

It feels like I'm an empty shell and every time I'm with another person they are trying to fill me with their own identity, and I lose my own identity and then I'm shocked to discover that i'm only an extension of someone else.

In order to perserve my identity I have to passive-aggressively sabotage my relationships to all people and live a lonely recluse. But even then my identity is not solid. It is defined by my hobbies or activities, but take them away and I don't really know who I am.

Jesus Christ, If I my parents cared about my self-esteem I would be just a regular jerk like all the others who doesn't give a shit about anything.

Instead I'm a freak of nature who "merges" with everyone he meets in an pathetic attempt to get the love his parents never gave him and who doesn't even know who he is.
>>
>>29599844

Regardless of what it's called, we all need to come up with a way to live a blissfully ignorant life. This means trying our best to not introspect to the point of distortion.
>>
>>29599945
I smoked weed every day all day for 4 years

I stopped because I thought it might improve my life. It didn't. that was 2 years ago now
>>
Fucking lol, nice meme.

This is litterally all I have to say about OP. I've heard this escuse a million times already and it's always 100% of the time transparent bullshit.

Prove you're not an epic memelord trash and display some of that mighty intellect.
>>
>>29599844
Dude, there is a movie with bill murray he's this mobster and he gets psychoanolized (I spelt that wrong on purpose, sort of. At any rate no one wants to see him get analyzed)
You know most people are programmed to act a certain way.
>/b/tards will be like OP is a faggot
Just how fucking dumb does a person have to be to repeat what their told? It's like a cult. No independent thought. They want to fit in so badly that even anonymously they take it as gospel.
Just let that fucking sink in a second. Even just as words on a screen. Nobody watching, they conform to a "non-conformist" entity. Heh. In Australia you hear about corruption, but even leaking on a random 4chan board a government employee was dismissed giving out classified info. People here are just on the short bus like everyone else licking the windows.
>>
>>29600119

>He thinks he's smart for figuring out 4chan is a hugbox hivemind circlejerk club in denial.
>>
>>29600099
Tbh self medicating with anything (even food) will fuck you. If you're still thinking about weed 2 years later, you need to understand relapse and why it would fuck everything you've worked for, up.
>>
>>29600193
everything I do is self medicating.

Now I'm addicted to going to the gym.
>>
>>29599704
Is that actually true?

I've been there, done that. What next?
>>
>>29600223
cmon man, even you know going to the gym is not a bad thing. just don't become homeless and the gym is the only place to go
>>
>>29600119

The scary thing is a lot of stuff which 4chan "teaches" I also thought when I was 13. That the Illuminati (On 4chan it's Jew) controls the planet, that women are scum, that the best thing in life is anime and vidya etc...

Then I discovered this site and it repeated collectively everything I thought as an individual just more extremely and more religiously.

I'm 24 now.

Maybe 4chan is indeed a hivemind. It even tricks us into believing this shit was our own idea like a fucking cult.
>>
>>29600326

Hell even the lulz philosophy of doing bullshit and trolling people online... even that I was my philosophy BEFORE I discovered 4chan.

Can it be that this site is just a magnet for people of a certain psychotype or is there a deeper reason?

Are we the biological soup from which a new type of human emerges, like the old philosophers predicted? Are we the pinnacle of global human loserdom or the pinnacle of creativity? Is the new human the NEET - a perfected human who shuns everything traditional: work, women, achievement etc... and who is perfectly self-suficient? Maybe we are part of something bigger and revolutionary.
>>
>>29599725

Hence why I was using the word "projecting" a lot earlier.
>>
>>29600326

Remember Mark Walbergh's character in The Other Guys? He did a bunch of shit just because he was trying to be sarcastic and ironic just to make fun of people (Learning Ballet to mock someone). I think conspiracy theorists especially on boards like /pol/ start out as thinking they are doing something for the lulz but actually end up reinforcing their own logic (almost by accident) and end up becoming literal jackasses who ultimately build up on other peoples' fires anonymously.
>>
>>29600396

>Can it be that this site is just a magnet for people of a certain psychotype

yes. it's been virtually proven in this thread. we have almost the exact same speaking style. it's like a really bad fucking acid trip. i love you guys, but this is strange.
>>
>>29597679
woahhh a bit insecure are we? a lot of bold assumptions out of nowhere
>>
>>29600396
>shuns work
>self sufficient

nah senpai
>>
File: 1463287214399.png (8 KB, 494x376) Image search: [Google]
1463287214399.png
8 KB, 494x376
>>29597560
>tfw too dumb to socialize
>>
>>29600526

Nothing hurts a dumbasses feelings mere than the idea of a person actually being smart. That's why the tell themselves that people who use 3 syllable words are tryhards who spend every waking hour nose deep in a dictionary. They can't conceive of someone actually knowing things and talking about it out of an actual enjoyment of the subject.
>>
>>29600442

Not particularly stranger than all the shit I've experienced, and I've experienced a lot of it. Half of it was on the Internet. The rest in my head. My whole life is just one crazy trip.

At this point I can't exclude any possibility. Maybe you are me caught in another dimension/universe and we accidentally created a wormhole with the help of qek.
>>
>>29600251
It's definitely a healthier addiction. But it's still an addiction all the same.
I have to go to the gym everyday to not feel suicidal. that's not normal
>>
>>29600599
Maybe it's bullshit that every snowflake is different... It has to do with the proximity of where one is looking for the copy.
>>
>>29600534

Who will exist longer? A random company or the government? At least I can't be fired. Seems pretty self-sufficient to me.
>>
>>29600591
Yes but to think your smart is always going to backfire as there is always somebody smarter than you. It is by rule.
>>
>>29600661

Well most men hate women, especially bitter intellectuals and nerds on the internet.

Doesn't mean we are copies.
>>
>>29600396
>Can it be that this site is just a magnet for people of a certain psychotype or is there a deeper reason?

Just look in any MBTI thread. INTPs and INTJs make a a ridiculous disproportionate amount of 4chan compared to the population
>>
>>29600780
intp near autist here
can confirm
>>
>>29597560

I know someone who is simultaneously studying to be a pilot and a doctor of emergency medicine. He has private flight licence and is working on a cargo aircraft license for the lulz.

He's the most social person I know.

Fuck you and your "too smart to socialise" meme.

You're a dumb pretentious faggot afraid of anyone finding out the vast emptiness that exists in your own head like everyone else that uses that phrase.
>>
>>29600849

>You're a dumb pretentious faggot afraid of anyone finding out the vast emptiness that exists in your own head

He can't be that stupid, he's on 4chan. We're one of the most creative sites on the interwebz.
>>
>>29600396

>Can it be that this site is just a magnet for people of a certain psychotype or is there a deeper reason?

Definitely. Being anonymous allows for people who don't think highly of themselves to post without worrying someone will judge them for who they are, rather than what they post. There is that. Anonymity also gives a shield to someone who wants to personally attack others, while deflecting personal attacks themselves. On top of allowing for people to lie and bolster their own ego pretending they are better than they are.

Then there is just a range of freedom you don't have, so you can present more "radical" ideas and notions without fear of ruining your reputation, Or just have fun being an asshole without consequence.

This all attracts certain kinds of natural contrarians.

I've been thinking this about myself lately and about us. Do you guys ever wonder if you just feel like you don't fit in BUT YOU DONT FEEL COMFORTABLE FITTING IN TO? Which is why 4chan always attaches itself to things only 4chan likes, to keep a sense of identity about themselves and feel like they're not just trying to fit in -- something most of us have been squarely denied in the first place and we wouldn't know what to do without ourselves if we did fit in.

You stare into the abyss and the abyss gets comfy after a while.
>>
>>29601058

I feel like I would betray myself if I would fit in.

In 5 and 6th grade I was bullied. Then people kind of wanted to be my friends after they discovered that I had more to offer than they thought, but I didn't want to. I liked my new status as a pariah. I left the school as a revolutionary and was ready to take on the fucking system. From this emerged my obsession with conspiracy theories, political systems, freedom, internet etc...

I just still have no clue how to do it, even how to start. I'm still a NEET so I haven't bowed down to the system yet. I feel like my fantasies is all I have.
>>
>>29600849

I guarantee you your friend isn't going to get both degrees. That's a meme in and of itself, I went to college with so many of these people it's not even funny. Each one claiming to be doing like 4 different difficult majors at the same time because they're SOOO awesome and then in end, they end up dropping out or only getting one like a normal person.
>>
>>29597940

Intelligence has everything to do with IQ. What do you think IQ stands for?
>>
File: 1378901028524.jpg (100 KB, 638x753) Image search: [Google]
1378901028524.jpg
100 KB, 638x753
>>29601185

>I feel like I would betray myself if I would fit in.

Thanks for admitting that because I thought the same thing the other day. Just introspecting on my life and realizing I don't fit in but... Maybe I don't WANT to fit in? Just like you, I got bullied out of the social system (in my case it was for having a facial deformity/speech impediment) and I've gotten so used to doing things on my own (I do have friends but I have individual friends, not a group) that I probably prefer it.

Maybe this is what the Multiverse wanted? Maybe we were put outside of the box to get a better perspective on it? I know that's too self-congratulating for some here, but I'm just pointing out a silver lining to the whole dilemma.

We don't fit in because our souls don't take the shape of tools and fools.
>>
>>29601058
Good observations; you've made some good posts in this thread, as far as I can tell. Haven't had time to reply; making meagre earnings while lurking 4chins.

Cheers, and keep it up.
>>
>>29598619

Funny you say
>my idea of socializing is circlejerking about how special and different I am while other people agree with me

As if that's something specific to him when it accurately describes every fucking human to ever exist. Your entire reason for being so triggered he doesn't feel special and snowflake the same way you do.
>>
>>29599725

JOHN?

howisntitgoddammit
>>
>>29601214

He already has his private pilots license. He's competed his doctorate in general medicine and is now working on his consultancy in emergency medicine whilst obtaining a cargo plane license.

I have faith he'lol obtain both considering he qualified as a general practice and obtained his first pilots license at the same time.

He gives me inspiration.
>>
>>29600714

So only one person in the entire universe is smart? It sounds like you're just making excuses for not being smart.

I call myself smart and its very rare I come across anyone smarter than I am. I also say I'm tall. Its possible to be taller, 6'2 is far from freak status. 6'2 is still tall.
>>
File: solitude.jpg (34 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
solitude.jpg
34 KB, 1280x960
>>29601511
Wrong. Jon's bullshit is a broken record. We use to be bro's but charisma is just repeating the same shit over and over again to different people and breaking it off before they notice. Jon never grew past that.
I tell different people different things.
You never know how you look through different peoples eyes
>>
>>29600442

LOOK - IT'S BECOMING SELF-AWARE
>>
>>29601513

His drugs must be awesome. Probably meth or ritalin.
>>
>>29600849
My friend has a 30 foot long dick and can breathe underwater.
Your friend is a faggot and my friend could beat your friend up.
>>
>>29601609
Maybe that's not right. He thought it was black and white.
>>
>>29601451

>As if that's something specific to him when it accurately describes every fucking human to ever exist. Your entire reason for being so triggered he doesn't feel special and snowflake the same way you do.

It's bizarre but for some reasons robots aren't allowed to do the same thing normal people can.

A normal person with high self esteem: confident, visionary, bold.

A robot with high self esteem:
arrogant, pretentious, compensating.

A normal person with low self esteem:
quiet, humble, introverted, brooding, deep.

A robot with low self esteem:
creep, freak, pussy, weirdo, psycho

Face it anon, we are not part of humanity. If we lived in older times the normies would have probably burned us on the stake.
>>
>>29601629
Not sure about drugs. Although he seems to have something different with him. He always says "he has to be doing something." "Or he has no time."
So make what you want out of that.

>>29601637

That's nice. But apart from masturbating and crying what did you do today?
>>
>>29601643
To prove he was a man, he always had to fight.
>>
>>29601733
Even though we use to think alike, living with himself wasn't a winning fight.
>>
>>29601767
Being Jon is lonely every night.
>>
File: 1438402548650.gif (488 KB, 284x210) Image search: [Google]
1438402548650.gif
488 KB, 284x210
>>29597679
>>29597707
>>29597736
>>29597836

>>>>>>>taking the bait this fuckinghard
>>
>>29601716

I had a 12some with supermodels and built an orphanage after I had lunch. It was a pretty good white beans and rice I made the night before. Slow cooker all night with dog jowls makes for damn good food.
>>
File: 1444697845178.jpg (88 KB, 960x754) Image search: [Google]
1444697845178.jpg
88 KB, 960x754
>>29597679
someones projecting their insecurities
>>
>>29601715

That double standard is disturbing. But again, everything about normies is disturbing. They are fucking soulless sharks who are triggered by the smallest trace of blood and then they annihilate you.
>>
>>29601629

I'm studying to be anesthetitist, I'm all about them Adderalls. Ritalin is shit and meth is only prescribed for narcolepsy.
>>
>>29597560
If you're so smart why can you make friends?
checkm8 faggot
>>
File: 1454026223714.jpg (173 KB, 519x620) Image search: [Google]
1454026223714.jpg
173 KB, 519x620
>>29601185

>I feel like my fantasies is all I have.

THIS IS (YOU)R CLUE
>>
>>29601643
>>29601733
>>29601767
>>29601788

it gets better

dubs for the dubs god
>>
>>29597991
>engineers
>chad

Engineers are the original robots.
Old Joke:
How do you spot an outgoing engineer?
He looks a OTHER people's shores.
>>
>>29602281

Interesting, I will definitely look into that.

Anything else I need to know?
>>
>>29601916

That's excellent. Make sure to report that to your case worker. They'll be interested in the progress you're making.
It sounds much different from what they have on file.
That you're a mentally regressive young adult, with social anxiety and mild depression, who has aspirations of intelligence and social status far out of realistic reach.

To see you come so far is astounding. Keep it up.
>>
>>29601715

This. It's basically Halo Effect. /r9k/ attacks /r9k/ because it assumes, projecting /r9k/ is ugly and not sexually attractive. If you display all the same qualities a robot does and you're attractive, they suddenly become good qualities.
>>
>>29602632

You can be attractive and still be a robot.

If you aren't interested in socializing nothing will help you. Sure I could get a girl interested in me for what... 5 minutes? Then she would see past the facade and realize that I'm a total different species than she is. That I barely have emotions, am barely interested in people, have no goals, and no job.
>>
>>29597846
>little smarter than the societal average

I highly doubt it. The average IQ of r9k can't be more than 80-90
>>
>>29603201
kek

you are joking right?

Have you ever met someone with and 80-90 iq? they can barely operate microsoft word
>>
>>29597679
>>29597707
>>29597736
>>29597779
Are you all retarded? This b8 is so obvious. Jesus how can people be this dense.
>>
It's hard to tell what OP meant by this, to be honest. If he meant that he feels bored with other people because he feels that they're less intelligent than him then perhaps he's right: a lot of intelligent people have felt the same way in the past when they realized they were different to everyone else and I'm guessing depending on how smart they were -- this feeling never truly went away. But I also think today that the options are far better than they were in the past simply because more people are alive today than ever before. So lets assume that OPs IQ is 150+ -- there are still plenty of people in academia and business that are smart enough to relate to him.

I currently work in financial cryptography and have felt similar to OP in the past but my IQ really isn't that high so most of the people I work with are smarter than me anyway (which can be a bit depressing but having people you can look up to is less than depressing than having tons of people to look down on.) My advice is to seek out people who are actively doing something "smart" and make friends with them. Science is filled with smart people, btw -- some stereotypes exist for a reason.

On the off chance that OP was talking about intellectualization a self-defense mechanism then I guess that's a matter for a psychologist. There are some personality disorders where emotional detachment is a clinical feature.
>>
File: Basedgod.gif (2 MB, 400x212) Image search: [Google]
Basedgod.gif
2 MB, 400x212
>>29604749
Now that the threads dead. I was just trolling lmao
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.