[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post-apocalyptic society quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 29
File: Apocalypse map.png (76 KB, 474x449) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse map.png
76 KB, 474x449
Welcome to the wasteland, you (the Anons) are in control of a small "haven" out in the harsh wasteland known as "the compound". Before the war this was a goverment installation inhabited by various pre-war scholars, and various workers for a nearby oil well.
But when the bombs dropped they where safe from the blast, but not for what came after. After many years the majority of the inhabitants died of radiation and other various diseases.

But the survivors worked hard to salvage and piece together whatever weapons, protection and vehicles they could. But the crown jewel of the "compound" is a giant dumpdruck that used to ship sand, gravel and dirt before the war, it is a mightly piece of machinery.
Now, armed with simple rifles along with spiked, black colored vehicles the surivivors of the Compound are trying to bring back the former glory of humanity before the war, all while trying to survive against the many dangers the wasteland throws at them.

(RULES)
>There are 3 types of resources: "Guzzoline", "Scrap" and "food"
>You can get these resources from various location around the wasteland. You an find small one time deposits when you choose to "Scavange". But you can also get a steady flow of resources from fixed location such as; oasises, oil wells and junkyards
>I will choose the most voted/chosen action you make. For example: "Explore (north)"
>When it comes to exploring or moving to various tiles requiers you to spend "guzzoline". And it varies how much Guzzoline is needed depending on the terrain. For example; You can move 2 tiles over normal terrain and only spend 1 unit of guzzoline, but when moving over hills or sand dunes cost 1 per tile, and to cross mountains or hazardous areas cost 3 untis of Guzzoline
>Traversing over dangerous and/or hazardous terrain means that you are risking your vehicles and that you must make a d100 for ever vehicle in that tile. They are destroyed on a result of 20 or less, but different special vehicles have modifiers in various enviorments and dangers
>Scrap is used when either repairing vehicles
>Food is consumed every turn
>other than that there are not much else, I will try to balance it out as the quest goes on

>Starting resources
>1 giant dump truck (special: Can move through any type of rough terrain for only 1 unit of Guzzoline, moves over normal terrain as normal)
>8 custom vehicles (crude but effective cars and trucks that are common aroudn the wasteland. nothing special about them)
>GUZZOLINE: 10 units [+1 every turn]
>SCRAP: 10 untis
>FOOD: 10 units
>PEOPLE: 20

Ok, let's start the quest

As the sun rises over the dry and dusty wasteland, the inhabitants of "the Compund are revving up their engines as they are about to explore the wasteland. Here is your first action to take.

How many vehicles are going out to explore?
>"Ride safely lone wolf"
>"Send out 3 of them!"
>"We are safer in numbers, send out all of them!"
>"We warparty now!!" Send out all of your vehicles
>>
>>195346
Just saw that I made an error, in the last action it is supposed to say
>"We warparty now!!" Send out all of your vehicles, even your mega-vehicle
>>
>>195346
>>"Send out 3 of them!"
>>
>>195352
This
>>
>>195346
>"Send out 3 of them!"
>>
I will wait a few more minutes for more players to join
>>
>>195346
>>"Send out 3 of them!"
>>
3 CARS
>>
>>195352
>>195363
>>195377
>>195394

You choose to send out 3 of your eight vehicles. But where will you send them
>Please write down the direction and how many tiles they will go. Just keep the guzzoline in mind, you do not want to get your people stranded out in the wasteland (also a small side note, each custom car takes 2 passengers, one driver and gunner)
>>
>>195406
Move to the south mountains
>>
>>195406
west 4 tiles
>>
>>195419
Supporting this.
>>
>>195406
They move 2 tiles around the compound, and then 1 back into it. We must keep the security, and find food.
>>
File: Apocalypse map2.png (86 KB, 627x483) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse map2.png
86 KB, 627x483
>>195419
>>195421
This one has the most votes:

As you drive west (and spend 2 units of guzzoline) the scouting party comes across what seems to be an old factory.
What is your action?
>"Better head back, who knows what's in there
>"I guess we can take a closer look" (they will investige but not go inside before beading back"
"Sweet, loot!" (They will enter the old factory)
>>
>>195457
We can prepare an expedition later
>>
>>195457
>"I guess we can take a closer look" (they will investige but not go inside before beading back"
>>
>>195457
>"Sweet, loot!" (They will enter the old factory)
>>
>>195457
>>"Better head back, who knows what's in there
what kind of weapons are we sporting?
>>
>>195480
Basic rifles and close combat weapons
>>
>>
Guys sorry fo the delay, but I have to go and do some stuff. I'll try to be quick so i can come back here
>>
Warboy bump
>>
>>195843

"Today we're haulin' bump-cola!"
>>
Bumpimus Maximus
>>
>>195457
>>
BUUUUMPNEESSSSS MEEEEE!!
>>
>>197155
WITNESSED

YOU WILL QUEST ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME
>>
>>195457
>>
Op is dead?
>>
>every single quest with potential gets abandoned

i am done with this board
>>
What's the program that makes maps like OP's?
>>
>>199462
Looks like a modified version of this map generator: http://wizardawn.and-mag.com/tool_world.php

The one OP is using seems more graphically detailed and higher resolutioned than this one.
>>
>>199462
Looks like hexographer for me
>>
>>198366
MEDIOCRE MORSOV

I'm not gonna let this shit die; even if it does, we have the warband creation table/tools so a different quest can succeed this one.
>>
>>199496
What creation table? Is it on 1d4chan?
>>
>>199507
http://pastebin.com/nQczsrCU

OP was generous enough to share.

"Buy my deeds, I bump him. QST."
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 800x800
>>199603
We should add this to a 1d4chan page, it would make it easier for people to use it then.
Also, bump
>>
>>199607
Do it warboy and link here afterwards. I think OP will be pleased too.
>>
>>199718
I would do it if I knew how
>>
>>199496
Yeah, this quest could be fun.

Why has OP forsaken us?
>>
>>199850
He went to visit The Green, seeking inspiration. We haven't seen him many moons after that.
>>
Guys I am terribly sorry for just ditching you, I had some personal family stuff, I hope you understand. I will look back on the htread and see what the latest result was.
And hopefully I can keep this quest going for at least a few more hours.
So writing up the next actions at the moment
>>
>>200178
Looks like there is a tie between option #1 and #2
So I need a deciding vote
>>
>>200189
>>
>>200223
The small group of cars drive closer to the factory, there piles ouseless rubble everywhere and the main doors itels have rusted shut. The poeple you sent out also notice after a quick look around several small dusty piles of old bones. But it is uncertain of they are human or from some sort of animal
What do you do?
>"Better head back, this palce is giving me the creeps
>"There could be something usefull in the rubble, let's have a look then head back
>"I bet we can pry those doors open!"
>>
>>200240
Head back, we should probably return in larger numbers

Also grab more equipment if possible
>>
>>200240
Look in the rubble

and Jesus Christ OP work on your spelling
>>
>>200240

Seems to me that guzzoline is mighty prescious; so if we're gonna burn some we gotta earn some. Take some chance to grab some sweet loot. Let's not let it go to waste.

>>200267
maybe he's typing from the phone.

Pic is suggestion for how our dudes look like. Loving "The Compound" as the name for our base of operations.

Glad you back OP.
>>
>>200240
>"Better head back, this palce is giving me the creeps
>>
>>200240
>>
>>200346
Split between warboy stereotypes and building a better world desu

Yeah we should have a look around I suppose. Hope our guys are armed
>>
It's an even split between all 3 options. We need more votes!
>>
>>200424
I vote open the doors , I voted against staying earlier but I switched from my phone so I have a new I.D
>>
>>200240
Let's take a risk.
>>
>>200530
>>200532
Alright, opening the doors it is. Just give me a moment to write it up
>>
File: Post-Apocalyptic-factory.jpg (1 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
Post-Apocalyptic-factory.jpg
1 MB, 4288x2848
>>200538
After a little while the crew of the cars manage to pry the doors open, making a loud noise as one of the doors falls off it's hinges. And not being idiots the left 2 people manning 1 car waiting outside, just incase something happends.

So now 4 people all armed with basic rifles and knifes enter the dark old factory, in here they can see more bones, and even some human skulls.
As they approach to what appears to be an old conveyor belt they hear a noise behind a pair of shelves and crates that has fallen over. What do they do?

>"Leg it!" Head back out and back home
>Yell or say something in the direction to the noise
>"Fire at will" Unleash a few rounds at the direction of the noise
>Move slowly over to the shelves and crates with weapons ready
>>
>>200573
Is ammo a concern? It's wasn't listed earlier.
>>
>>200573
>Move slowly over to the shelves and crates with weapons ready
>>
>>200589
Eh, I do not want to add that, makes things to complciated so instead different guns will provide modiefiers in combat. But if you can think of way to make guns more interesting and have an ammo resource then feel free, I am all ears
>>
>>200604
Nothing springs to mind, but I'll muse on it. Anyways,
>"Fire at will" Unleash a few rounds at the direction of the noise
>>
>>200573
>>Move slowly over to the shelves and crates with weapons ready
>>
>>200593
Yeah, this , let's check it out I guess.

If we all die I won't be happy though
>>
>>200593
>Move slowly over the shelves and crates with weapons ready.

Hope we don't get butt fucked on our first sortie though. Maybe the unknown horror is just snoring.
>>
>>200593
>>200618
>>200628
The group moves closer to the direction of the noise with their weapons ready, and as they round the corner they see 2 feral dogs eating on what looks like a corpse of a wastelander. On the corpse the group can see several cans of food and what looks like a basic pistol (will be adding guns as a resource in the future)
But the dogs see the group and growls before they attack! What do they do?!
>"Run for your life"
>"Run and gun"
>"Hold your ground a fire"
>"Rip and tear!!!!" Enter a melee fight with the dogs
>>
>>200654
Fire, fuck yo dawgs nigga

if we have food on us, meat, we could throw them some? Make some scavenger friends.
>>
>>200654
We're too close to the dogs to fire at them effectively and they're too fast to outrun.
>>
>>200654
>"Hold your ground a fire"
Get a few shots off and let them come to us. Or maybe they'll be scared off.

I do wonder if we could tame them though.
>>
>>200654
>>"Hold your ground a fire"
>>
>>200654
Also here is a rundown of how combat works (as of now)
Anons will roll 1d100 each depending on the number of playable character/crew that are in this encounter, and the one that gets closest to 100 hits and deal damage to a target. As of now, 4 people are armed with basic rifles and knifes

Rifles adds a +5 to the combat when the target is at a respectable distance, otherwise it will have a -3 modifier if they are either too close or too far away (but for this encouter I will skip that and just say you are at a respectable distance)

Knifes on the other hand give only a +2 in close combat, but due to it being so small the player that rolled an attack that missed can choose to re-roll

so with this new information I will allow Anons to vote again to this post on what their action should be

And no, the dogs in this encounter cannot be tamed, but there will be more chances in the future
>>
>>200705
Oh, and I forgot to say that varous enemies cannot be hurt below a certain number/stat, for this case the dogs aren't hit or damaged if a roll get's below 30
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>200705
Rollin'

I say we carry on the attack; Fuck yo' dawgs
>>
>>200719
No one else is going to roll?
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>200764
Sure, my bad.
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>200705
We should try to tame a pack of dogs next time.
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>
>>200654

Save the damn bullets. Also we're not sure if there is anything explosive in this factory.
>>
>>200719
>>200801
>>200806
>>200814
The crew all fire the rifles at the dogs, thus killing them instantly. Now with the threat gone it's time to salvage what you can, but you better hurry becuase the sun is going down and you do no want to be here when night time arrives.
What do you choose to take with you? (You can pick 2 out the 3 items)
>The dead dogs [+15 food, counts as 2 items]
>The gun [Adds one pistol to available guns]
>The canned foods [+10 food]
>Stay behind in order to load all onto the vehicles
>>
>>200875
What happens at night? No lights for the cars or something?
>>
>>200900
Who knows what happends at night
>>
>>200875
>The gun [Adds one pistol to available guns]
>The canned foods [+10 food]
>>
>>200911
I just needed a reason for the crew to head back
>>
>>200916
Supporting this.
>>
>>200911
Neat.

>The dead dogs [+15 food, counts as 2 items]
The canned food will stay good, and the pistol won't go anywhere. Unless there's another scavenger of course, but if we come back and those are gone then we'll know we aren't alone.
>>
>>200806
We can turn them to grub fuck taming
>Stay behind in order to load all onto the vehicles.

I mean how long can it take? I would load the damn corpse and even the assembly line if we could. I mean, so what if nighttime comes? What are we afraid of? The boogyman? We're Scientborn dammit! Enough with the superstition.
>>
Also, I think we should scout this place further in the future. If we secure it we can turn it into a Lookout or even an Outpost for resupply/refuel. Or even a Fort. Not to mention dog farming (maybe even taming, given time).
>>
I'll give those who hasn't voted a few more minutes before I choose winning action
>>
>>201029
I vote for gun and canned food. Leave the dog
>>
File: Apocalyps map3.png (65 KB, 626x483) Image search: [Google]
Apocalyps map3.png
65 KB, 626x483
>>200916
>>200924
>>201105
The crew begins to haul the canned food and the pistol into the cars before they head back towards the compound. They are greeted with cheers as they report of their findings.

>Resources
>1 giant dump truck (special: Can move through any type of rough terrain for only 1 unit of Guzzoline, moves over normal terrain as normal)
>8 custom vehicles (crude but effective cars and trucks that are common around the wasteland. nothing special about them)
>GUZZOLINE: 9 units [+1 every turn]
>SCRAP: 10 untis
>FOOD: 18 units + 10 this turn [2 units of food consumed}
>WEAPONS: 20 basic rifles, 20 basic knives, 1 pistol

>Pistol: The pistol can fire more rounds than a rife, thus it adds an extra +3 to hit and damage, but is short range only

>Factory: Desereted and unclaimed
>>
>>201159
We need to claim and secure it, who knows what we can do with it.
>>
>>201159
As a new day appraches the people of "the Compund are woken up by the sound of fighting in the camp. The fight is between two people who are each a leader of small "gang" inside compound who want to rule it. As they are fighting they both shout out to the crowd watching regarding what they will bring and use to make "the Compound" grow stronger

>Scarhead Thomson promises more salvage and more land under our control

>Flux "fixer" Ruth promises better manegment over the vehicles in "the Compund", and promises to search for more cars out in the wasteland

>Or the crowd can just choose to ignore them
>>
>>201228
Why not both? you can't control the land without weapons and vehicles nor can you keep running with the same ammount of salvage we curently have
>>
>>201228
So the choice is between going for more land, resources, and whatnot and being a stable, yet static, settlement. Or going full WARBOY.

Not sure which is better honestly, thoughts?
>>
>>201228
>>
>>201228
>>
Tell theem both to simmer down. We will need land and vehicles
>>
>>201228
>Or the crowd can just choose to ignore them
Actually fuck it. We need results not promises. If these gangs go out and actually start to accomplish their goals on their own, then we'll consider putting them in official power.
>>
Looks like Scarhead Thomson will be the winner unless someone else make a vote on something else
>>
File: gasmask.jpg (78 KB, 553x1032) Image search: [Google]
gasmask.jpg
78 KB, 553x1032
>>201228
Explore. Expand. Exploit. Exterminate. Simple philosophy, fulfilled life.I vote for Scarhead Thomson.
>>
File: Scarhead Thomson.jpg (40 KB, 448x600) Image search: [Google]
Scarhead Thomson.jpg
40 KB, 448x600
>>201271
>>201289
>>201375
As the crowd start to cheer on Scarhead Thomson he manage to land a knock out hit on Flux "fixer" Ruth breaking his nose and knocking a few teeth out of him
He then proudly proclaims that he is the new leader of "the Compound" and that he will make it the largest and most feared faction in the wasteland. And as his first action as new ruler is to explore the surrounding area further. And to this the most efficent (and coolest) way possible he sends out all 8 of the custom cars out into the wasteland

>Same as before: pick direction and the amound of tiles. Keep the Guzzoline in mind
>>
>>201442
NorthWest 4

Are you the QM who ran OpFor quest?
>>
>>201442
Send them to the irradiated zone to the north.
>>
File: nope.png (1 MB, 6836x10000) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
1 MB, 6836x10000
>>201457
Nope
>>
File: undying.jpg (423 KB, 1280x546) Image search: [Google]
undying.jpg
423 KB, 1280x546
>>201159
>They are greeted with cheers as they report of their findings.

Good to be home.
>>
>>201442
I'm curious what the desert holds. East 4.
>>
We could use some more votes, keep 'em comming!
>>
>>201494
Seconding this. I think radiation can wait. Desert counts as normal terrain, right? 1 tile 1 guzz? Gotta think about our assets.
>>
>>201539
>>201654
So desert it is?
>>
>>201689
Yeah. I'll go with desert too.
>>
Also OP, I see we have only 20 worth meatsacks in our encampment. That's a really low number. Are we all able-bodied grown men? Are there any females? Children? Old people? How many of our comrades are actual effective manpower we can use?
>>
Also considering we went to factory and back, shouldn't we have 8 guzzolene units now (2+2 tiles travelled)?
>>
File: Apocalypse map4.png (85 KB, 860x542) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse map4.png
85 KB, 860x542
>>201689
>>201719
As the cars drive west into the desert they are about to give up, and just as they are about to turn around, one of the gunners spot something in the distance, and as they drive closer they come across a small oasis out in the desert

>4 units of Guzzoline spent

What do you want to do?
>Head back
>Send a small scouting party on foot to the oasis
>Drive the entire group of cars there

I need to go to sleep. I will continue in the morning if the thread is still here. I am a bit tired, that's why this last piece seems kinda rushed
>>
>>201855
Send some scouts on foot
>>
>>201855
Drive the entire group of cars there
>>
>>201855
>>Send a small scouting party on foot to the oasis
>>
>>201855

This got me thinking. If we run out of gas, can we leave our vehicles somewhere on the map and pick them up later? Or tow them home? Or leave some people behind while the rest runs for the refill?

And don't worry OP, I'll keep the thread alive - as will other interested people I bet.
>>
>>201855
>>
File: GKmLH.jpg (388 KB, 1400x999) Image search: [Google]
GKmLH.jpg
388 KB, 1400x999
In the meantime we can christen our giant dump truck! GO!
>>
>>202147
"The Bandwagon"
"Terratrack Drekreel"
"Juggernaut"
"Ol' Stompa"
"Big Tresher"
"The Death Tread"
"Run-o-War"
>>
>>202421
"The Bandwagon"
>>
>>202421
>>202564
Yeah. I like "The Bandwagon"
>>
File: laputa-military-train.jpg (279 KB, 840x525) Image search: [Google]
laputa-military-train.jpg
279 KB, 840x525
I just noticed that on the hex with the factory, there is a railroad pointed south...gotta explore that factory some more. Maybe even relocate HQ if it turns out that we can get some sort of train action going.
>>
Good morning bump
>>
>>202787
Supporting this idea.
>>
>>202787
Supporting this as well.
We should go back and start converting the factory into a supply depot after we check out the oasis.
>>
>>204245
We should make oasis a camp first, water is immediately more valuable and needs to be fortified

Think of it like in Mad Max: we will have a trifecta of camps like Gastown, bullet farm and the citadel.

Right now we have gastown/citadel as our home base. We need somewhere for water and then we should consider setting up an outpost in the factory then expanding the rails.

We don't know where the tracks lead anyway or if there is anyway to repair then right now lads
>>
File: Oasis.jpg (44 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Oasis.jpg
44 KB, 400x225
Ok ladies and gents I am back

Seems like you decided to send a scouting party on foot.

----

A group orders a group of 4 men to investigate the oasis, as they get closer to it they start to hear the faint sounds of engines. But they only mistake it for the wind, so they move closer. Suddenly the roar of an engine suprises the small group and from the oasis they can see 2 vehicles emerge. One of the vehicles seems to be a converted campervan that has a few speakers rigged onto it and the other one looks like a dunebuggy filled with skulls and spikes.

As the scouting party haul their ass back towards the group the speaker suddenly roars to life
"I am Divine Zimon! You are tresspassing on the oasis belonging to the Black Dragons!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntaTr6WIuzk

Just as the scouting party get onboard the cars the rest of the group can see that the 2 cars have been joined with 4 bikes as well

What wiill you do?
>"Retreat to the compound"
>"It's battle time boyz!" Go to battle
>"You! Alert the compound!" Send a car back to the compound while the rest fight
>>
>>204374
>"You! Alert the compound!" Send a car back to the compound while the rest fight
>>
>>204374
Road war time! EVERY car goes back to the compound, intercept with the Bandwagon mid-way.
>>
>>204385
I guess it's "Retreat to the compound"
>>
By the way I read through the entire thread and saw that some Anons was wondering what I use to make my maps. I use the free version of Hexographer
>http://www.hexographer.com/
>>
>>204374
>"Retreat to the Compound"

We neither have the numbers on them, nor we are on home turf. Fucking run.
>>
>>199607
>>199718
>>199759

Here you go you lazy bastards:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Post_Apocalyptic_Society_Creation_Tables
>>
I thought we had every car on this expedition?

I say we fight them, unless we don't have every car in which case we run
>>
File: WITNESSED!.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
WITNESSED!.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Ok, so you guys chosen to return home. I also see some Anons who debate to why we should fight. I will give you a few more minutes to decide

>>204511
Awesome Anon! You will ride on the highways of Vallhalla forever
>>
Let's grab our war wagon and return in strength then.

We will need this oasis
>>
>>204529
Supporting this.
Let's gear up for war and take that region for ourselves by force.
>>
>>204520
Retreat with everyone.
If they follow us we can battle at the compound with the "Bandwagon."
>>
>>204534
>>204533

I would like to point out although retreat won we already had all our vehicles with us minus the band wagon

We are taking this damn oasis
>>
>>204520
So will this quest I hope! :D
>>
File: warboy_slit.jpg (190 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
warboy_slit.jpg
190 KB, 612x380
You all decide to head back with full speed. It is better to live and fight another day than to die now and leave "the Compound" undefended. The "Bandwagon" Thanks a lot guys for giving it a name is the one in lead to your group. And as it tries to take potshots at our guys in back, "Divine" Zimon yells all kinds of insults and profanities that even a raider wouldn't say.
But as soon as you leave the desert Zimon's group stops and turn back towards the oasis while your group rides home

Well, now you all know what lies beyond the dunes, but the same goes for the Black Dragons.

(will post your next action and a new updated map next)
>>
File: Apocalypse map 5.png (84 KB, 791x503) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse map 5.png
84 KB, 791x503
>>204543
When the group comes back they all explain to Scarhead Thomson that they found an oasis with freshwater and green. But they also explain to Scarhead that the oasis is under the control of a clan that call them selves "the Black Dragons" that are lead by a man known as Divine Zimon.

What should we suggest Scarhead to do?
>"Boys, we are going to war!"
>"We need to grow stronger, bigger, before we can crush them" Hold off the attack for now, instead focus on resources and land
>"Perhaps we can reason with them?"

>Resources
>8 custom vehicles (crude but effective cars and trucks that are common around the wasteland. nothing special about them)
>GUZZOLINE: 6 units [+1 every turn]
>SCRAP: 10 units
>FOOD: 16 units [2 units of food consumed}
>WEAPONS: 20 basic rifles, 20 basic knives, 1 pistol

>Pistol: The pistol can fire more rounds than a rife, thus it adds an extra +3 to hit and damage, but is short range only

>Factory: Desereted and unclaimed

>Oasis: Under the control of the Black Dragons

Here is something to listen to while you are in this quest, just for added effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIyRXvHmXxo
>>
>>204567
>>"We need to grow stronger, bigger, before we can crush them" Hold off the attack for now, instead focus on resources and land
>Claim that factory and scout around it.
>>
Also, what happened to our Legendary car? I see that in the quest preparation thread one was rolled but it's somehow missing from our inventory. We should decide what it is, how does it look and what does it do. It's the pride of the fleet after all.

Also, great choice of music for the other faction OP.
>>
>>204567
Ungh. I'd love to reason with them but slaves/breeders may be a better option...or the only own, depending how crazy/zealous are these fuckers.

>We need to grow stronger, bigger, before we can crush them" Hold of the attack for now, instead focus on resources and land

Also seconding the second factory run.
>>
>>204590
*or the only one
>>
>>204567
We didn't declare war on the Black Dragons so we have time to prepare for battle if Zimon isn't keen on negotiations. (Or if Scarhead isn't.)
>>204570
Seconding this.
>>204576
I thought the giant dump truck was our special vehicle.
>>
>>204570
This.
>>
File: 911_by_benmauro-d5pvdnt.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1201) Image search: [Google]
911_by_benmauro-d5pvdnt.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1201
>>204605
Me too, but then I checked the qst prep thread and it turns out, if I'm reading it correctly, that the "Bandwagon" is our mega-vehicle and the Legendary car is something else. Correct me if I'm wrong OP.

Would love it if we fleshed out that car here. As well as Distinctive Icon Person from our past.

Also, considering our small numbers, Black in Black trait and hit and run mentality/frail scientist half-lives, it seems more in character that we skirmish at night with the element of surprise on our side.
>>
>>204622
Was there a thread where all this stuff was rolled?
>>
>>204626
>>>/tg/47485832
>>
File: Reagan_limo.jpg (123 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
Reagan_limo.jpg
123 KB, 600x360
>>204622
To my understanding, the Legendary Car is something that is recognized by everyone, it commands respect, it has made it's way into the post-apo folklore.

Seeing as one of our traits is Black on Black, I think it should be the Presidential Limo. Should give a neat hint at the backstory, too.
>>
>>204622
>>204650
Thanks for reminding me about the legendairy car. I completely forgot about when I set up the quest. And I will leave the design on our icon to you guys since you are a what makes this quest fun
>>
File: skull n wrench.png (49 KB, 236x364) Image search: [Google]
skull n wrench.png
49 KB, 236x364
>>204661
This seems appropriate.

The wrenches signify our affinity for tinkering, engineering and mechanics. The flaming skull represents how brief yet passionate our short lives are (and also because we have oil). Together we feed the fire that is our group for a brighter future.

or something like that. Not good with making up stuff on the spot.
>>
>>204706
My take is that our group is, basically, Intelligentsia After the End. Skilled artisans, talented engineers, scientists with wide-ranging interests. With no governance, the only thing that keeps us together is our ILLNESS.
>>
>>204706
Awesome I like it!
>>
we are the red?
>>
>>204567
perhaps we could give a sense of false peace, while we secretly work to learn more about them and possibly send some spies to infiltrate them while building up our defenses
>>
>>204858
also we should try and fully scope out their base first
>>
File: dodge_me_by_the__kyza-d7w2dfm.jpg (272 KB, 1600x839) Image search: [Google]
dodge_me_by_the__kyza-d7w2dfm.jpg
272 KB, 1600x839
>>204650
I like the Legendary Limo idea, pimped out for post-apoc ofc. But I don't think it should command respect from ancient history, it should be a "recent legend". Just imagine it:

People talk about a black car, born of Helyard, as beautiful as it is dreadful, speeding through the wastes without a stop. Without a driver. A nightmare on wheels that haunts the dreams of revheads. They whisper that it's appearing' only in the blackest of starless nights. Skin of steel wrought from darkness, windshield, mirrors and all. Those that stumble upon it, tell that it stands alone, as if parked lifetimes ago but unscarred by the passage of time. The sand around it turned black. One door invitingly opened, with seemingly no one inside. The Smegs who can't quench their rev and dare sit behind the wheel of this “abandoned” vehicle, succumb to the temptation of breaking the midnight silence with a revenant scream of the machines magnificent engine. But even before they manage to start the car, the smile slowly disappears from their face. Fuel gauge tingles on E. The gear shifts into reverse by itself. Headlights flicker to life, doors shut with a slam and before the engine begins to roar, it is the revhead that is screaming, his victorious grin long gone. The car speeds of into the night, disappearing. The wannabe owner’s are of course never seen again…Because it is not guzzolene that can satiate this infernal machine, only the fever of speed-crazed drivers. Running full throttle, forever on empty, forever devouring, forever hungry for more…until a worthy driver appears; or so the legend tells...

Goes well with our shady theme. Maybe it's better to let the local superstition blow it out of proportions even more. Our traders/scouts can even encourage the tale among the local populace. Psychological warfare at it’s best!
>>
>>204706
Love the symbol and the illness backstory integrates well with this.
>>
Ok, sorry for the wait, going to continue the quest. Also please give this guy some love, he/she is trying to start his own Apocalypse game >>204727

Scarhead Thomson has been thinking over what do during the night and in the morning he says that we would be wary over the Black Dragons but that we should continue growing and expaning, or more specific to the old factory. But how should we do that?

>Send X amount of people there (they will need a food source or a stockpile of food to sustain themselves)

>Have a car (or a number of them) stationed over there that will keep the place under the watch

>Start to wreck the place and salvage what you can
>>
>>204986
>>Send X amount of people there (they will need a food source or a stockpile of food to sustain themselves)
>>
>>204986
>Send X amount of people there (they will need a food source or a stockpile of food to sustain themselves)

Day 2 colony? YES.
>>
>>204986
>Have a car (or a number of them) stationed over there that will keep the place under the watch
We should send guards and scouts first to clear the area of any remaining hostiles and ward away anyone who also want to claim the building for themselves.

After that we should send a second wave, a convoy of builders and mechanics, so we can fix up the place and turn it into a functioning factory or at the very least a secondary base/stronghold.
>>
>>204986
i suggest we send scouts to check out the black dragons territory
>>
>>204929
I like this. Very spoopy.
Batmobile-styled Dodge Charger for looks? For the unmanned aspect it could be remote controlled since our wastelanders are intellectuals. But that depends on what kind of tech OP decides exists in this world.

>>205012
Seconding this.
>>205050
And this. We should scout at night.
>>
FYI I am not dead, I am just waiting for more votes
>>
>>205203
You have 5 already but if you insist

>>205012
this first
>>
>>204986
Bait them out with a "scout" then draw them into an a bush from near the point where the stopped chasing us.
>>
>>205203
this is probably all the votes we are gonna get
>>
can we just go on
>>
File: birb.gif (5 MB, 349x312) Image search: [Google]
birb.gif
5 MB, 349x312
Sorry guys, somethings come up and I need to leave early. I had hopes in going on for a bit longer. So as an apology from me, have a cute gif of this bird
>>
>>205430
It's all good OP. You do you.
>>
>>205430
See you tomorrow OP and bump just in case
>>
File: Roach5-primitive_timeslarge.jpg (750 KB, 1000x1357) Image search: [Google]
Roach5-primitive_timeslarge.jpg
750 KB, 1000x1357
Suggestion for the Legendary Car.
>>
>>207082
I'm not sure that the Legendary Car should be in it's vanilla state. I mean, how long has it been since the bombs fell? I think it should be recognizable but with some serious modifications. Also I still don't think that the wastelanders would care that much or remember anything that's not from more recent history.
>>
File: 1990-Suzuki-Jimny-all-stock-8.jpg (151 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
1990-Suzuki-Jimny-all-stock-8.jpg
151 KB, 1024x681
My nomination for the legendary car.
>>
File: latest.png (183 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
183 KB, 640x480
>>205430
Summoning OP...Please wait...
>>
>>208744
Another legendary car apears
>>
DEAD QUESTS SUCK THE MOST
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.