[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Business idea: Give OPs control over flags and IDs, specifically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: fef.png (13 KB, 457x280) Image search: [Google]
fef.png
13 KB, 457x280
Business idea: Give OPs control over flags and IDs, specifically on /pol/.

Some people on /pol/ thinks flags causes threads to spiral into /int/ levels of shitposting rather than discussing the topic at hand.

And some people would prefer, especially in generals, that they are anonymous for the entirety of the whole thread as some generals last a long time.

As you know, /pol/ is a mature board and is perfectly capable of using these new powers appropriately.

Just give it a trial, that's all I ask.
>>
>>585003
Interesting idea but what do you expect us on /qa/ to do about it?
>>
File: MY THREADS.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MY THREADS.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS

MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS

MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS

MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS

MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS
MY THREADS
>>
File: 1452481718950.jpg (613 KB, 827x1224) Image search: [Google]
1452481718950.jpg
613 KB, 827x1224
>>585003
Good Idea OP.

Here, have a Karen.
>>
>>585004
It's the de facto suggestions board.
>>
/qa/ linked on a major thread in /pol/

/qa/ fucked forever
>>
>>585005
Fuck off you fucking Hitchensfag. Go suck some dick, you shit tripfag.
>>
File: mogg and his mogglets.jpg (30 KB, 570x427) Image search: [Google]
mogg and his mogglets.jpg
30 KB, 570x427
This thread is now a brit/pol/ exclave. Post rare Moggs.
>>
>>585003
No. Fuck you.

Cuck countries like the UK and sweden deserves to be called out
>>
>>585003
>/pol/ is a mature board
windows_folder_with_images_of_smug_anime_girl_faces_titled_images_of_smug_anime_girl_faces_titled.png
>>
>>585003
The flags were an annoyance at first but most of us have got used to them

If you recall the old days, every Tom, Dick and Harry was accused of being from Israel, now it gives us a better idea of each posters POV.

tl;dr Nah the idea sucks.
>>
>>585011
>You can only call him out on a different board
Lad...
>>
>>585007
>>
>>585014
Then that is your right to create your threads with flags enabled, lad.
>>
>>585016
I'm not talking about getting rid of flags, I'm talking about giving OPs the choice.
>>
Fuck off, no shilling on /pol/
>>
>>585021
It's the same thing
>>
>>585014
>Cuck countries
>Like the UK

American opinion - discarded
>>
>>585025
They can be enabled by default, so most threads would still have flags and IDs, but I think giving /pol/ the choice to disable them would improve the board greatly.
>>
>>585021
OP getting thread options is new technology that no board on 4chan has.

There are NO boards on 4chan with thread specific options. Your suggestion would be loads of work for little benefit and potential tremendous downside.

Thank you for your suggestion. I am the paper shredder. Goodbye.
>>
>>585031
The work required to implement something like this would not require 'loads of work' at all.
>>
>>585032
We're talking about modifications to 4chan's database to allow individual threads to have specific rules attached to them. 4chan might not even BE a relational database. It might be something far stricter.

You can't wrap your head around the ramifications of it, can you? I'll spell it out for you.

There is currently only One kind of thread.

You are suggesting having TWO kinds of thread on the SAME BOARD.
>>
>>585033
>We're talking about modifications to 4chan's database to allow individual threads to have specific rules attached to them.

Yes, two new columns. One for flags and one for IDs.

Not a lot of work at all.
>>
>>585038
Okay, tell me how you'd implement it. Let's use SQL as our language of choice because it's a pretty common one. How would you modify /pol/'s SQL to implement the option for flags and no flags, IDs and no IDs, and then have them all display together on the same board.
>>
>>585039
I'd add two new columns to the database that the PHP can use to check whether or not it should render flags or IDs.

It's not rocket science, anon. You honestly think it would take the 4chan devs a lot of work to implement this simple change?
>>
>>585040
Sounds easy! Make a proof of concept and then link us to it to show how it could work. Maybe use Kusaba X as your base.

I mean, it's really simple, right? So do it.
>>
>>585020
No and you should be forced to have your flag publically displayed

>>585029
British actually

I saw your shitty link on brit/pol/
>>
>>585042
>I saw your shitty link on brit/pol/
But it was my shitty link, not that anon, leave him alone.
>>
>>585003
I suggested this before and people called me stupid
>>
>>585045
That's /qa/ for you. There have been maybe 2 ideas I've heard in my entire time here that nobody got called stupid for. /fg/ - Forum Games, and removing the 72 hour rule from /qst/. And neither of those got implemented either, because /qa/ isn't a suggestion box. It's a meta discussion forum and the mods are not obligated to read it or care about it.
>>
>>585045
I think it's fair to say, the majority of people here on /qa/ hate /pol/ and they don't want to see a change that would be good for /pol/.

They know it's a good idea.
>>
File: 1428464306760.png (152 KB, 731x583) Image search: [Google]
1428464306760.png
152 KB, 731x583
There's no reason to allow users to distinguish their threads from others in any way other than content.
There's no reason to make a fundamental change only on the basis that some users want it.
>>
>>585049
The majority of /qa/ is opposed to OP, regardless of the merit of their suggestion.

"Delete /pol/" gets met with people telling you to fuck off and they post Pepes wearing MAGA hats.

"Help /po/" gets met with people telling you to fuck off and few to no images.

Lurk more and you'd know this you dumbass.
>>
>>585051
>"Help /po/" gets met with ... few to no images.
Much like /po/ itself then
>>
>>585052
Ahhhhh shit. You know what I meant, though.
>>
>I WANT TO SAMEFAG WITHOUT USING MULTIPLE BROWSERS
>WAWAWAWA
>MUH ALT RIGHT HUGBOX
>>
>>585003

>/pol/ becomes inundated with "HEY GUYS HERES A FLAG AND ID FREE VERSION >>>/12345678/ >>>/12345678/ >>>/12345678/ "

Yeah nah ur a cunt.
>>
/pol/ needs ID's and flags.
It's easier to witness samefags and shitposters this way. move on, your community is so shitty that they can't even handle anonymity.
>>
>>585003
No, fuck off.
>>
>>585045
Because you are. 4chan isn't a traditional forum or the like, it is a anonymous image board. All users are equal, that includes OP. OP doesn't own the thread, his only purpose is to start a conversation and that is where his purpose ceases. People who suggest these stupid things are people from off-site who have no understanding of how the site functions. You are retarded and 4chan isn't a hugbox.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.