[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MAKE JAPANESE VIDEOGAME BOARD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: 50332933_p0.png (537 KB, 875x775) Image search: [Google]
50332933_p0.png
537 KB, 875x775
I'm tired of having to discuss video games on /v/ - Twitter alongside shills and /b/ cross boarders.

It is frankly untolerable at this point.

There are no good western games anyway. Witcher games are boring and have awful combat and that's the series all those shiteaters love. Why do retro game nostalgia lords get their own dead board and Japanese games don't?
>>
>>535824
this is an absolutely terrible idea
>>
>>535824
this is an absolutely wonderful idea
>>
>>535824
Do it hiro.
>>
>>535824
>split /v/ even more
Fuck off.
>>
>>535853
Fuck YOU.

You don't even care about /v/, we are trying to save what we have left, so fuck off.
>>
>>535853
/v/ is full of reddit plebs and cucks
>>
>>535858
Then ask for a /rv/ board, a board designed specifically for reddit users that come to 4chan to "talk" about videogames.
>>
>>535824
Fuck off already you idiot

Never gonna happen
>>
File: 1463647507014.jpg (28 KB, 505x537) Image search: [Google]
1463647507014.jpg
28 KB, 505x537
>>535866
I searched for your faggot trip on /v/ and it's clear that you don't really use the board. Both of your posts are off-topic garbage in two random off-topic threads: https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/tripcode/!BBV3EcHtkw%20/
>>
File: 1461307306474.jpg (31 KB, 635x437) Image search: [Google]
1461307306474.jpg
31 KB, 635x437
>>535879
>giving attention to tripfags
>>
>>535879
I use my trip only when discussing djent or derailing shit threads
>>
>>535893
>i only pretend to be faggot
>trust me, im not a faggot
>guys seriously, im ironically being a faggot
>>
File: slow_4191.png (44 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
slow_4191.png
44 KB, 350x400
Breaking news! Japanese games are just as shit as Western games. The only reason it doesn't seem that way is because the Japs only send over what games will at least break even on costs.
>>
>>535961
>another /v/ cuck

You fucks dont hide it well
>>
File: NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
>>535824
>a /vj/ thread, alone and unprotected! i know, I'LL SHITPOST IN IT! NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!
>>
It will never happen. /v/ must remain a shill board so Hiro can get his shekels from viral marketers.
>>
/vj/ would be the only game related board I would be willing to go on
>>
>>535824
I was with you until you started shitting on The Witcher. Why do you always have to shoot yourself in the foot?
>>
important bump
>>
Never gonna happen. Hiro doesn't give a fuck and most people are against the split since they love their shitposting board. /v/ should be nuked altogether and left alone for at least half a year until all the shitposters migrate somewhere else.
>>
>>535824
I'm all for it since odds are /vj/ will get better moderation than current /v/. Right after /vg/ was created mods were quick to delete any general-style threads on /v/. Today we've had around 10 Overwatch threads going all day. This is just an example, but it shows that mods simply don't give a fuck about /v/. If a split were to be made we can only hope that both boards would receive adequate moderation.
>>
>>536019
He's right you know. Witcher has trash gameplay and people only like it because of the story, but story shouldn't be the main focus in a videogame.
>>
File: ss_segregationforever.jpg (39 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
ss_segregationforever.jpg
39 KB, 500x333
>>535824

I would be okay with this desu.

The only good threads left on /v/ are for niche Jap games anyway; those are the only ones were any sort of discussion happens anymore (see yesterday's 500 post Killer 7 thread for example).

Everything else is shitposting, ecelebs, platform wars, pc elitism, metacritic wars and shitty flavor of the month AAA Western trash.

I don't think it would completely fix things, and the new board would still have its own brand of shitposting, but it would still be a huge improvement over current /v/ for those of us that mostly play Jap games.

If Western and Japanese animation can get their own boards, then I don't see why video games shouldn't. Just name it /jv/ or something; Reddit can keep the old /v/ and continue their shit threads without us weeaboos to "fag up" their precious 'le master race' and Blizzard/Valve drone circlejerk threads.
>>
>>535824
"no"
>>
>>537010
"yes"
>>
Fuck what the shitposters on /v/ think. I want a split, they only want people who discuss jap games to suffer with them since the western games industry is fucked by sjw and feminist shit.
>>
Has /qa/ given up on this idea by now?
>>
>>538409
never
>>
It's sad that 8gags /v/ is better than ours. We should be ashamed
>>
I don't know why you are expecting an /v/ split into an arbitrarily themed board is going to magically solve any and all of /v/'s issues, but it's not and you're dumb for believing so.
>>
>>538465
>you're dumb for believing so.

he doesn't expect it to fix any issues

He just doesn't want western games touching his glorious nippon games
>>
File: Trump.jpg (399 KB, 4806x2403) Image search: [Google]
Trump.jpg
399 KB, 4806x2403
BUILD WALL

MAKE VIDEOGAMES GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>538482
I hope he realizes that with Nintendo games, Dark Souls, Persona etc. he's not going to be escaping the garbage any time soon.
>>
>>538525
Maybe, but that doesn't mean that people won't be able to still talk about those on /v/.

/vr/ didn't make old game discussion off topic on /v/.
>>
Needs to happen
>>
>>538653
Sure did make it a hell of a lot less frequent though.
>>
>>538465
It's not arbitrary. It's about splitting the board in half. The best way to go about this is by west vs jap, because half of the industry is Japanese.
>>
File: yey1Cim.jpg (543 KB, 1115x973) Image search: [Google]
yey1Cim.jpg
543 KB, 1115x973
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/338576931

Fucking faggot mods won't allow us to discuss this there. Hiro said to discuss it on /v/ yet they keep deleting those threads. What's wrong? Do they have a deal with the Western game shills or something?
>>
>>538860
>Five years ago you would find no one who would unironically defend garbage like Halo, CoD or casualized Western games in general here yet these little faggots are everywhere now due to trash like that being their childhood defining games (what a sad childhood I might add). There are no good modern Western games anyway. Anyone who likes them is underage or a dudebro faggot.

Instigating a flamewar. Set aside your idiotic pride and word it in a way that is not completely retarded. I don't care if you hate western games, you need to not attack them like a bitter child. Then your thread will not get deleted.

Considering your "Western game shills" conspiracy theory though, I expect you'll keep being retarded and will refuse to do this. So go fuck yourself.
>>
>>538870
Mate, it's fucking obvious that shills who work mostly for Western companies use /v/ as a viral marketing ground. It's one of the most popular places to talk about videogames in the world.
>>
>>538877
Mate, I'm going to fucking stab you if you keep making excuses for not posting like a human fucking being.
>>
>>538882
I don't think the way I worded the thread would matter very much because I saw another one which wasn't worded in such a way get deleted as well. It's likely that the mods have a deal with the shills and don't want the split to happen because /v/ would lose a lot of traffic thus making it harder for shills to shill. You can call me a tinfoil hatter now, but I consider this as a possibility.
>>
>>538895
Why not actually try it instead of posturing. What the fuck do you have to lose?
>>
>>535824
yes please do this. im tired of weeaboos shitting up /v/ with their GRORIOUS NIPPON 10/10 and pedo loli games
>>
>>538906
nice buzzwords my man
>>
File: smug.gif (330 KB, 608x649) Image search: [Google]
smug.gif
330 KB, 608x649
>>538906
>>
>>535853
>split the largest board even more

sounds like a good idea desu
>>
File: 1410566396620.jpg (28 KB, 188x344) Image search: [Google]
1410566396620.jpg
28 KB, 188x344
Man, I fucking love having my threads 404 because some Polack cocksucker or some Blizzshit employee decided that a dozen threads wasn't enough. I fucking love that. Thank you /v/ mods. You're the best for letting this shit happen.

Cocksuckers.
>>
>>539184
This is the part that always leaves me confused when people say /v/ shouldn't be split. How can anyone be happy when current /v/ has dozens of threads made an hour, about shit that doesn't even have anything to do video games like e-celeb or twitter shit, while threads about video games get pushed off page 10.
>>
>>539194
They enjoy the speed. That's the only thing we can say for sure about them.
>>
>>539205
ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND
>>
I concur, I want the pedo posters out of /v/
>>
+12
>>
I'll happily create a trip to show I'm willing to mod the new board
>>
/v/ in its entirety is now OW shilling. There is literally no point in making a thread when an OW shill makes five new ones during that time. That board is as of now completely dysfunctional. If I was of the paranoid kind, I would say someone is getting paid to let the OW threads run rampant basically turning/v/ into an astroturfing haven. How fitting it is for western shills that boards aren't split.
>>
>>535824
Use /vg/ faggot
>>
>>535824
Nope. People who play jap games are like, 80% waifufag /a/utists and 20% people who actually want to discuss games. If you started /vj/ the concentrated shitposting would drive most of the good people away, leaving us with nowhere to go, since the westaboos on /v/ would see it as validation to shitpost any jap game on their board.
>>
>>540012
Where did you get this bullshit statistic from, westacuck? Right now the ones shitting up /v/ with multiple waifu threads all day are the Overshills. But it's okay because it's a Western game I guess haha. It's not as nerdy and socially unacceptable, right?
>>
>>540017
>Where did you get this bullshit statistic from, westacuck?
Same place anybody gets anything they say about any group of people on 4chan: my observed experience.

>Right now the ones shitting up /v/ with multiple waifu threads all day are the Overshills. But it's okay because it's a Western game I guess haha. It's not as nerdy and socially unacceptable, right?
This has absolutely nothing to do with my point, and it's just bitter whining. Please kill yourself.
>>
>>540012
>>540041
Outside of Persona and Fire Emblem, which jap threads have regular waifuposting? If it really became a problem, a waifu general could be made.
>>
Who cares if people want to discuss characters they're attracted to. People who discuss western games always discuss meta shit like politics and forced diversity in their games.
>>
File: 1452618603303.jpg (2 MB, 1697x1994) Image search: [Google]
1452618603303.jpg
2 MB, 1697x1994
>he's so much of a newfag that waifuposting on 4chan disgusts him when moot waved Asuka around like the perfect being to set foot on Earth

It's always the westernfags ousting themselves as newfags.
>>
>>539894
No

Japanese game is too broad for a general
>>
>>539800
>>
>>535824
>I'm tired of having to discuss video games on /v/ - Twitter alongside shills and /b/ cross boarders.
Discuss those on /vg/ instead. /nintyg/ and the PS Vita generals need you anyway.

>It is frankly untolerable at this point.
That's why you should browse /vg/ instead of /v/.

>There are no good western games anyway.
Now I'm not sure if you are just trolling or trying to make a point or something. You know this is a lie.
>>
>>540692
The problem with /vg/ is that it's not useful for finding new games to play
>>
>>535824
Well you just ousted yourself as a shitter that nobody should listen to.
>>
>>540765
Name a good western game
>>
>>540767
System Shock.
>>
>>540767
Overwatch .
>>
>>540770
>1994
Not being funny its a good game but its not talk worhy about, most shit on /v/ is modern liberal shit which is purely designed to sell

>>540771
Go away
>>
>>540776
There's a remake and a sequel coming out though which has potential to actually be good, Paul Neurath and Warren Spector are working on the sequel. That sounds pretty talk worthy to me. Plus you can talk about old games on /v/ hell it is the only place to talk about anything after 1999 which there are plenty of good western games released since then.
>>
important pump
>>
>>540776
>Not being funny its a good game but its not talk worhy about, most shit on /v/ is modern liberal shit which is purely designed to sell
I like how you moved the goalposts from "there are no good western games" to "w-well nobody talks about these good western games anyway."
>>
>>541003
There are no good MODERN western games. The modern western videogame industry is everything wrong with videogames.
>>
Jesus if this thread is representative of how /v/ermin communicate then thank fuck I avoid that dumpster fire like the plague.
>>
This please

Also would this mean metal gear would be allowed on it?
>>
>>536872
>but story shouldn't be the main focus in a videogame
Not him but I'll have to disagree on that.
>>
Nuke /v/ and merge it with /b/. That is the only solution.
>>
>>541003
Because all the good ones are dead, /v/ is just a ball of cancer moving onto one game to the other
>>
File: 45645645.png (186 KB, 375x378) Image search: [Google]
45645645.png
186 KB, 375x378
>>536872
>but story shouldn't be the main focus in a videogame.

Considering the game was based on book novels and visuel novels before the first witcher game was ever released, I would say people would only buy it for the story and gameplay being optimal
>>
>>541021
The OP literally says "There are no good western games." This is the definition of moving goalposts.

I'm still for the split and I do prefer Japanese games, but people who treat western games as trash are retards.
>>
>>541146
Ark is alright
>>
File: TRUMP.png (342 KB, 556x523) Image search: [Google]
TRUMP.png
342 KB, 556x523
>>541168
>separate for shit like youtube, twitter screencaps, feminism, and such.
>>
>>541115
Yes. It's for both "anime" games and "non-anime" games.
>>541168
containment boards don't contain. They cause the element to grow.
>>
File: 1436833316291.gif (298 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1436833316291.gif
298 KB, 500x281
>>541172
>a single general about an entire industry of games which are also the most popularly discussed games on /v/ when the board is not being shat on by shills with their flavor of the month western garbage

No you retard. The topic is big enough to warrant it's own board.
>>
>>541172
>splitting the board would be terrible

No it wouldn't people who populate /v/ are hype faggots, just look at the overwatch threads, just fucking clutter and its the same meme cycle for every AAA tripe shite what comes out

I prefer /vg/ because its community based, I know whats gonna go on if i go into the Fallout general, but talking about fallout on /v/ is just monkies flying shit at each other

Fucking also no one ever talks about jap games on /v/ fucking anyways, it wont be splitting if there was nothing there to fucking split, this would create posts, not divide posts
>>
>>541177
Sorry, I misread the flow of the conversation, but I think the same would apply to what you're suggesting. The topic is too big to fit into just one general.
>>
>>541180
more devoid? Devoid of what? That board is full to the brim. That's part of the problem. You think that if the sub-boards were deleted, the quality of /v/ would improve? Nope. There would be even more shitposting, which would bump off even more decent threads.
>>
>>541178
/v/ is pretty much /b/ with a topic
>>
>>541188
This. I don't want to see LoL or Pokemon threads on page 0 24/7. Why would bringing these back /v/ improve it?
>>
I honestly don't see why it can't be a trail board, moderate /v/ posts/ users for a month and moderate /vj/ as well

If /vj/ does actually suck life away from /v/ i will say fair enougnh
>>
>>541188
I think he does not actually know what devoid means but wanted to sound smart. Probably ESL.
>>
I will say this, the board better for all japanese games and not just the ones that are japanese only. Meaning I don't want people saying that Street Fighter, most Nintendo franchises, Sonic, Megaman, Metal Gear and others are not allowed because they have huge western fanbases.
>>
>>541325
this
>>
important bump
>>
Michlan posts got deleted, hmmmmmmm
>>
>>541170
So western anime games are a no?
>>
>>542300
You mean stuff like Long Live the Queen? Ideally, that would go on western /v/, but I think everybody knows it would be shitposted by people going ">>>/vj/", and /vj/ would say "take this weeb shit to /v/". That's one of the reasons why I would advocate making regular /v/ into Videogames/Random, instead of making it just western.
>>
>>542411
I still think /vj/ should accept anime-style games too, just for the least stress. I mean, western anime style games are generally good anyway, because they aim to be like Japanese games and not western games.
>>
>>542417
>rooster teeth
>>
>>542438
If you're referring to RWBY, that's accepted as anime even in Japan... so.
>>
>>535824
The ideal solution would be to have mods do their fucking job and delete offtopic and shitposting threads. Since that's obviously not an option, though, a split is the next best thing. "My games are superior" memery aside, the two fanbases are largely incompatible and if they're not busy shitting on each other's games they'll be shitting on each other's platforms instead.
>>
File: 1444891236181.jpg (767 KB, 2352x1164) Image search: [Google]
1444891236181.jpg
767 KB, 2352x1164
>>535824
It won't solve this problem.
>>
>>535853
Every board that was split off from /v/ is actually happy it happened.
>>
>>542482
Yup, no one on /vr/, /vg/ or /vp/ is asking to be folded back into /v/. I swear only /v/ shitposters think those are failed boards and /v/ is fine the way it is now.
>>
>>542478
I'd argue it would at least help. Most weebs are sonyggers and most westernfags are mustards. You'd still get some overlap between the two boards, because Playstation has western exclusives and some japanese games are on PC, but it should still thin the herd.
>>
https://www.4chan.org/feedback

remember to feedback board suggestions
>>
>>542478
It would
>>
>>539894
There would be too much to talk about for a single general thread
>>
>>542526
Already have
>>
>>542438
Stay on /v/ only those plebbit /v/aggots are beta enough to talk about it
>>
>>535824
Fuck off anime fag
>>
File: 1464373759568.png (761 KB, 898x692) Image search: [Google]
1464373759568.png
761 KB, 898x692
>>543688
>>
File: vj.png (596 KB, 1520x514) Image search: [Google]
vj.png
596 KB, 1520x514
>this
>thread
>again
>>
>>543825
Go back to r*ddit westacuck. We already know what /vj/ would be like. The threads about Jap games on /v/ are the only things that matter. Everything else is cancer incarnate.
>>
>>543825
The main 2 problems of /v/ are off-topic threads and anti-game threads. By the latter, I mean "tortanic" shit. Almost all anti-game threads are about western games.
>>
File: 127901471383.jpg (336 KB, 1116x1577) Image search: [Google]
127901471383.jpg
336 KB, 1116x1577
>>543833
This. I just mentally filter all the western game threads I see. Unfortunately, those threads get made at such a rapid pace that the threads I'm interested in 404 in mere minutes. /v/ has too much traffic to talk about niche Japanese games. It's almost always dwarfed by numerous new Witcher and Overwatch threads that get made by the minute. As for the former, I'm pretty sure it's Polacks doing some intense shilling because fuck if there isn't three or so Witcher threads in the catalog 24/7.

The congregation of opposites isn't sustainable for any board. I don't really understand why westernfags are opposing this. Nothing prevents you from browsing more than one board. It's not like /v/ and /vg/ don't have huge overlaps. And it also gives more time for more niche games to shine as they don't get suffocated by whatever the flavor of the month is. And lastly, a reduced traffic could give mods a chance to actually moderate the boards instead of being overwhelmed with reports falling in by the seconds.

However, what a board split won't solve is console wars. That shit needs to be moderated. There should be a strict policy against "Sonygger, Nintendrone, PCuck" and so on that only serves to pollute conversation. Drive-by shitposting with "this is shit" should be warned. /v/ in its pace must be a bitch to moderate, which is another argument for a slip.

And lastly, I feel like some /v/ janitors take the SFW thing too far. I must be able to post screenshots from official art without risking a ban. Atleast let me get away by spoiling the post. Nobody at work should be browsing 4chan, let alone opening spoiled images.
>>
>>543825
is it bad I dont see anything wrong with the right one? I rather have ironic jitsu posting than plebbit posting
>>
The problem isn't western games, the problem is shitposters and gamergators
>>
>>544129
/v/ has plebbit mods
/vj/ would have autistis mod who autisticly care
>>
>>544137
>/vj/ would have autistis mod who autisticly care
Says who?
>>
>>544144
Anyone who volunteers to moderate a board based on japaneese games will more often then not be a gaint autistic
>>
>>544146
The thing you are assuming that they are only moderating that board and not others. More than likely it will be one of equally autistic plebbit mods that already mods /v/.
>>
>>544147
Well thats a gamble we'll just have to take to discuss the superior entertainment
>>
Make videogames Great Again
>>
/v/ always has someone else to blame for the board's shittiness. Reddit, Sony fans, console fans in general, Western game fans, the /v/GAs, memes. Nobody takes responsibility for their actions there.
>>
>>542492

Everyone sane on those 3 boards left because of how shit they've become. /vr/ is mostly SNES vs. Genesis console wars and /vp/ is just erotic furry RPing when there's no new game on the way.
>>
Pump
>>
>>544332
So they abandoned a supposedly shit board to come back and post on an irredeemably shit board? Why do I have a hard time believing this.
>>
>>544223
Feel Good Sports Movie is a movie written circa 1987, approximately one year before the release of what is generally considered the first movie of this genre, "Hoosiers." After the enormous popularity of said film, "Feel Good Sports Movie" was lost in the sands of time, before being rediscovered in 1994 by renowned screenwriting school NYFA (New York Film Academy). Its perfectly easy-to-follow plot and predictable if heartrending plot twists became the blueprint of many films created by graduates of this school, beginning with 2000's "Remember the Titans." It is still used as the cornerstone of "Easy Money 101" classes the world over, and until recently was kept secret within super-elite screenwriting guilds. With the penetration of these guilds by the crack espionage team
>>
File: imgID51457588.jpg (314 KB, 2400x1685) Image search: [Google]
imgID51457588.jpg
314 KB, 2400x1685
>>544585
I dont get it
>>
Why do people think this is a good idea.

I cannot fathom why the fuck someone would want a board dedicated to only japanese games. Is it because someone called you names for posting anime images and acting like you're retarded?
>>
>>544757
Yes. Without us, those leeches will be unable to function.
>>
>>544757
>t. Westerncuck
>>
>>544757
Perhaps, you should read the thread.

Also, bump.
>>
>>544757
Because it would be easier to find eastern games without having to wave through shit tones of shit
>>
it would also weave out plebbit users

>>>/v/339253237

so we dont have to moderate about le gamegotor
>>
When will we get an admin or mod that acknowledges this discussion? The benefits of splitting a hyper-active board with contrasting communities have been presented over and over again. Are we shouting in the dark or is someone reading this? Where is Hiro? It's about time someone starts talking back instead of us just shouting in a cave hoping someone will hear.
>>
>>545083
Yeah, everything has been said. Pros and cons have been presented. At the end of the day, this is really a move to slow /v/ down, because it's just too fast. Anyone who likes /v/'s speed is a shitposter. This cannot be argued against. People who want to fix /v/ tend to fall into 2 camps: Those who want a split, and those who just want better moderation. However, the latter would not fix the speed. And speed always centres discussion around the most popular. This completely cuts out many possible games. Most of them being Japanese.

A split would also help indie discussion on a western /v/. Because, at the moment, almost all indie discussion is anti-discussion about walking-simulators and politically-charged games or anything deemed "tumblr". And only the most popular of other indie games get mentioned (like LISA and the rare OFF thread).

Please, mods or hiro, just say Yes or No. Let us know.
>>
>>545089
>and those who just want better moderation.
Let's not forget that a slow board is much easier to moderate. So saying you want better moderation while also wanting to keep the speed of /v/ is like having the cake and eating it too. If you want better moderation, then you should be in favor of a split that slows boards down and actually makes moderation possible.
>>
I think some people just don't want the mature, quality posters who enjoy nippon vidya to leave them on /v/ with the meme-tards

Being against further split is really just selfish at this point (it's not like splitting was a BAD idea before, hence why the other boards are still around)
>>
>>545094
They key would be not just allowing the current /v/ to mod /vj/, new mods not plauged by plebbit
>>
File: 1463280809200.jpg (94 KB, 849x566) Image search: [Google]
1463280809200.jpg
94 KB, 849x566
>>535824
>I need a new board because I don't feel special enough on this one
>>
How about the mods ship Overwatch off to /vg/ as a start?
>>
>>545122
I rather the words "Overwatch" gave you a 5min ban
>>
>>535893
The sad thing is this guy is probably 100% serious

Doesn't contribute anything worthwhile, instead prides himself in wallowing in shit.
>>
>>545179
Thats autistism for you
>>
>>545101
>why dont you want me to shitpost your games! hahaha le trash man meme"
>>
>>545122
That's not how advertising works
>>
>>545096
This
>>
I made a Granblue Fantasy thread and I wake up in the morning to see it deleted. Why? Why are /v/ mods biased towards Japanese games? So many threads get randomly deleted while Overwatch/Witcher shilling is open house. This shit has got to stop. Who even put someone like that to moderate /v/?
>>
>>545302
greentexting isn't much better, really
>>
>>545681
Yeah, and why didn't you post the thread, faggot? I was in it and people were only discussing the game at the beginning. The majority of the posts were completely off-topic: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/339295635/
>>
>>545696
Well that derailed quickly.
>>
>>535824
You are seriously implying /vj/ won't just go to shit after a little while and get removed.
>>
>>535824
>>535824
/v/ does not deserve any more boards until it can stop speaking nearly entirely in buzzwords.
>>
I would frequent a /vj/ board.
>>
Reminder to make a suggestion.
>>
>>542526
>>
>>545681
Plebbit mods basically
>>
>>538877
>>538882
mates
>>
Knowing both /vg/ and /vr/, /vj/ will be fantastic for the first year, then become more and more hostile and stale until it's just as bad as the other vidya board.
>>
>>546404
Depends how active and arsed the board mods are and janitors.
>>
>>544757
Pretty much.

Do we really want an entire board just for the

>I'm going to marry [waifu]! I love her happy breasts!

posters
>>
>>546487
Im pretty sure the discussions would talk about the game
>>
>>546487
That's /vg/ already
>>
I think there's an issue in what you define as a Japanese game. What if a western dev uses a Japanese franchise, like metroid prime? What about games that have something of a western feel to them, like Dark Souls? Do people post about it on /vj/?
>>
>>546509
you soulstards bring this up every fucking time, just discuss souls on a western /v/ if you think its a western game
>>
>>546509
>What about games that have something of a western feel to them, like Dark Souls?
This is so dumb. Is Dark Souls literally your first Japanese game? Dark Souls is most definitely Japanese.
>>
>>546509
Yeah it would but I see the confusion about where it should be posted, ideally it should be stuck in /vj/ but just like there is a cross over with /vg/ and /v/ posts I don't think anyone would mind the western targerted games being posted on /v/ as well while having a sister thread on /vj/

idk It would be up to the admins and the current /v/ mods how they want to play that kind challenge
>>
>>546487
/vg/ has this already, fucking skyrim and fallout is the worse case of this
>>
>hurr all western games are shit and all jap games are god tier
God damn just fuck off with this shit already
>>
>>546503
>this is what he actually believes
Fucking delusional
>>
Seems like Hiro is on /qa/, has anyone directed him to this thread or asked about splitting /v/ between Japan and the west?
>>
>>546801
He inquired about it on /v/, a while ago. Obviously, pigs love their shit, and he listened.
>>
>>546801
i was late to the thread so I didnt get chance to link him here
>>
Come on hiro, just respond
>>
File: 1461796164850.jpg (58 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
1461796164850.jpg
58 KB, 500x346
MAKE A /VJ/ !
>>
>>548060
this
>>
lm/a/o
>>
/v/ is a rebbit shit hole, please give us an active game board
>>
Ban poland from /v/
>>
Remember to submit a lengthy autism post on the feeback
>>
>>>/v/339680379

Come here.
>>
>>548964
It's impossible to have a decent meta-discussion on /v/. Imagine a real-life forum of a hundred people all speaking at the same time. I don't even need to read that thread to know what the responses will be. People who don't understand that speed/traffic is the problem, and that the only way to negate speed/traffic is via splitting (highway analogy). People who think that the West vs Jap suggestion is about loyalty or geography, and not because that's the only way to 50-50 divide the userbase.
>>
>>540504
>westernfags
>MUH JAPAN
>>
the idea of splitting /v/ up yet again is stupid and every single time I see it brought up it gets shut down by the masses.

If you honestly think that (and I'd hope you don't because only a braindead fool outright refuses to see the merit in anything made in an entire fucking hemisphere of the planet) then just don't post in the threads about western games. If you seriously think getting your own board is gonna magically get rid of any shitposters you don't like calling you a weeb or whatever and not invite far more to fill in the holes you've created on this fictional new board then you're in for a rude awakening.
>>
File: 1459310308930.jpg (113 KB, 600x662) Image search: [Google]
1459310308930.jpg
113 KB, 600x662
>>535824
>5 video game boards
You faggots wanted /vg/
You faggots wanted /vr/
You faggots wanted /vp/
And now you want /vw/

Fuck off with this shit. Ideally it'd create this 'pure' and quality board but the reality of it being that where there is /v/ there is endless fucking shitposting.

>Why do retro games get their dead board
Why should Japanese coat-tail kissers get their own dead board?

I declare western tastes should get their own board.

Oh, wait.
>>
>>544065
>I don't really understand why westernfags are opposing this

That's because you're so delusional you clearly can't imagine people liking both and wanting to discuss both on the same board without some split that wouldn't fix the core problems of the board. I mean, you complain about people calling others PCucks but you unironically use "westernfags" like they're some sort of collective group? Don't you realize you're contributing to the problem here by ignoring and namecalling people who like something you don't? That's the entire basis for console wars!

If I want to discuss a jap game, but I want to compare that to a western game, then what? What if I want to discuss a series that have both jap games and western games? Should the western counterparts be ignored in the eastern board? Where does the boundary go? A polish game is not an american game, the geographical difference is rather large. But that doesn't count, because it doesn't suit your argument.

Such a split would only hinder discussion and debate, and bring up even more tensions over what's best, eastern or western games.

>more niche games to shine

Oh please, niche games get a lot of attention on /v/, certainly compared to the traffic. Just because you haven't realized this doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
>>
>>549049
>That's the entire basis for console wars!
Idk what your argument was here, you just confirmed that /v/ is a shit posting board where no discussion goes on

>If I want to discuss a jap game, but I want to compare that to a western game, then what?
Jesus fuck, you literally think /vj/ would be a neo board? I dont think anyone would care if you compared it to another game(without good reason, fighting style ect ect) if you're just shitposting well like anywhere else expect backlash

>What if I want to discuss a series that have both jap games and western games?
>>546537

>Where does the boundary go?
""""VIDEO JAPAN"""" however other Asian games would most likely be accepted

>Such a split would only hinder discussion and debate
Wouldn't, the board would be slower since not everyone likes these games, people wouldn't be there if they arnt interested, unlike /v/ where its just's another /b/ recarnation of shitposting
>>
>>549046
>I declare western tastes should get their own board.

You have one, its called /v/
>>
>>535824
>There are no good western games anyway
List of good western game I've finished this year
>Darkest Dungeon
>XCOM 2
>Mark of the Ninja
>This War of Mine
>Superhot
>Max Payne trilogy
>F.E.A.R
>Gun Godz
>Nuclear Throne
>DOOM 1, 2 and 4
>Gunpoint
>VVVVVV
>Hyper Light Drifter
>Painkiller
>Serious Sam TFE, TSE and 3
>Shadow Warrior classic
>Shadowrun Hong Kong
>>
>>536872
>story shouldn't be the main focus in a videogame.
And you get to decide that because....
>>
>>535824
Can a weeb explain why they think gook games are automatically better than white people games? I want to try and understand what's going on in their head.
>>
>>546507
>>546727
and threads don't get moved and continue to shit up /v/, which means mods obviously can't do their job
>>
So where would threads like this go
>>>/v/339690694
>>
>>549341
frogposting should be a bannable offense
>>
>>549343
okay, so where would something like this go?
>>>/v/339699609
>>
>>549345
/g/
VR has literally no games and that's not a meme
>>
>>549346
>>549345
to add to this I can totally see /vrg/ - Virtual Reality Gaming since it is such a departure from traditional gaming, much like the separation of /tg/ and /v/
>>
>>549346
Still don't get it? Last try, where would industry discussion go?
>>
>>549349
>industry discussion
you mean shitposting and consolewars?
>>
>>549351
No, I mean industry discussion
>>
>>549348
Yeah we need more DOA boards
>>
>>549354
I have yet to see a valid example of this that doesn't devolve into >>549351
but /v/ is such a catch-all it would go there

>>549355
if VR is DOA then so be it, relegate it to /g/
>>
>>549351
>>549358
Yeah shitposting sucks, let's just shut down 4chan
>>
>>549046
i dont remember anyone wanting /vr/. i thought it was just something moot came up with beacuse he was bored.
>>
>>549361
If mods aren't going to enforce Global Rules 3, 5, and 11, and /v/ rules 4 and 6 i'm for shuttering /v/ as a whole and letting /vr/, /jp/, and /vg/ sort it out
>>
>>549368
Yeah we could always go "discuss" game on /b/ anyway
>>
>>549049
/vj/ wouldnt stop anyone from discussing both western and japanese games on /v/.

just like /vr/ and /vp/ dont prohibit old game or pokemon discussion on /v/.
>>
Either split /v/ to western and japanese vidiya or split the board from PC and Console gaming.

Either one will work and it needs to happen asap.
>>
>>549371
we used to and many times it was better than any discussion on current /v/
>>
>>549377
this, ironic that /b/ of all places became the only reasonable place on 4chan to have any meaningful discussion
>>
>>549376
>PC and Console gaming
Do you mean for PC-only? Because more and more games are being ported to PC or multi-released.
>>
>>549375
Yes I'm sure it would be fine, not like the only people asking for a new board in the first place are weeb faggots
>>
>>549383
You raise a good point, but some games will always be discussed primarily by console users even if there is a PC version because thats where the fanbase is
>>
>>549389
/v/ users have PC as their main platform though
>>
>>549345
Should stay on /v/ or /g/ because its related to video games. If there was a jap game what had vr with it, it would be allowed in that /vj/ thread since its related
>>
>>535824
The only split that would make sense would be /vc/ vidya casual for AAA overhyped shit and /vh/ vidya hipster for obscure indie and doujin games.
>>
honestly I would not like to see another split but /v/ needs better moderation regarding duplicate threads and all-out shitposting
>>
>>549420
causal and hypster are subjective, people have differnt opinions whats causel or not
>>
>>549438
/v/ needs an complete overhaul on moderation, non plebbit people
>>
BMUP
>>
>>535858
Which is the same audience for Japanese games
>>
>>549861
nah
>>
Splitting an overall terrible userbase will not solve anything, you'll just have two smaller boards full of awful people.
>>
>>550983
smaller boards are easier to manage, and whos to say /vj/ will be small? You dont know how many people on this site like japan video games
>>

Remember to make a board suggestion
>>
Hiro reply please
>>
File: 34242342342.gif (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
34242342342.gif
1 MB, 640x1136
bump
>>
>>552899
dubs
>>
>>551087
Take 150 bad people. Now split that group in half. Now you have two groups of 75 bad people.
>>
>>552936
The large size makes the people worse. If you put them into a smaller pool, they wouldn't be as terrible.
>>
>>552936
Correction:

take 150 people, 75 good 75 bad
Split them such that the 75 good ones interested in japanese vidya get their own board and leave the 75 bad ones to continue business as usual

Now you have one half-decent board and one board you can just purge. 2 birds with 1 stone.
>>
>>552942
150 bad people is still 150 bad people. The people calling for a split assume their preferred board of the two will be free of shitposting, or as if more mods or janitors will come out of nowhere and actually start moderating.
>>
>>546796
>he thinks /v/ discusses games in the first place
There are only three types of people on /v/, shills, reverse shills, and contrarian shills.
>>
When will they respond to my feedback
>>
>>535824

You know there's a problem but you don't know what it is. The issue isn't region, but platform. Think about it; what western game isn't on pc? You know just as well as anyone else that there are shitloads of jp games that will never be released on pc. These people constantly raid jp game threads and shit it up with their port begging. Ignore and report has never worked because the board is too fast. By the time janny is ready to start deleting, the thread is over. These people have the ability to enter any thread, start spamming about how awful consoles are, how every game should be on pc, how you're somehow retarded for not thinking pc is perfect, how consoles are holding back pc, and constant complaints about when a pc port will be created. They infest every thread, but especially jp game threads, because jp games are the least available on pc. Splitting /v/ by region would help a lot, but it doesn't address the core problem currently making game discussion impossible on /v/. Nobody seems to see the problem with discussing platforms in any context.

I just wish they would nuke /v/. Pick a random day and ban anyone who posts there, then delete the board and redirect them to rmasterrace.
>>
>>553727
fuck off ruggarell
>>
>>553863
Why does that nigger want so much seperate board?
>>
>>553727
>You know just as well as anyone else that there are shitloads of jp games that will never be released on pc.
Uhhh? It's the other way around. The vast majority of japanese games are on pc. The image you got from the ratio could only coem to form if you are a mainstream gobbling console shiteater that thinks final fantasy and neptunia are the only japanese games worth a damn.
So once again, a split bewteenmainstream and hipsterdom is the only that would make sense anymore.
>>
>>554004
>The vast majority of japanese games are on pc.
You really don't know shit about the Japanese gaming industry.
>>
>>554014
>but muh doujin games that get zero discussion anyway
>>
>>553727
Splitting by platform will remain a dumb idea as long as multiplatform games exist.
>>
>>554046
/vj/ will give games discussion
>>
File: (You).png (37 KB, 753x215) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
37 KB, 753x215
>there are people posting in this thread who unironically think that /vj/ would result in anything but two /v/s that hate each other and themselves

all you'll get is two boards full of waifu butts being posted in game threads and waifu butt threads being full of "NOT VIDYA" shitflinging, plus a cross-board rivalry as vitriolic as it is pointless
>>
>>554180
this.
>>
>>554180
depends how well mods mod and the rules. personally I would like to see mods moderate the amount of waifuary in each thread (if /vj/ happend)
>>
File: 1435627757455.png (238 KB, 524x442) Image search: [Google]
1435627757455.png
238 KB, 524x442
>>554182
How do you plan to quantify "waifuary", especially if you leave the decision to the discretion of individual mods?
If this loosely-defined limit is exceeded, who is punished, and in what manner?
Do you hold accountable everyone who contributed to the offense, even before it was considered a violation? The anon who unknowingly crossed the line? Whoever set the train in motion without even a guess at the end result?
>>
>>554190
I can't say as it would need to be a committee what decides but i would say if you're image dumping pictures and not replying then thats waifuing, if you're shitposting about "shes perfect" thats waifuing, I would give the posters some room for their autism but i think the meta would decide if its getting out of hand
>>
>>554180
>>554181
samefag.
>>
>>554190
Personally, I don't mind waifufaggotry so long as the post also includes discussion of the game.
>>
>>554190
I'd say waifu stuff is fine unless it becomes an obvious problem, like if emptyheaded "Why is she so perfect?" "Why can't she be real?" worship becomes too frequent, or if it's NSFW. But I can see why some people want waifuposting to completely end, because a lot of people who do it are just plain stupid, but I say let them have (some of) their fun in a somewhat controlled manner.
>>
File: 1434484970900.gif (425 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1434484970900.gif
425 KB, 512x512
>>554311
1) The same applies to waifu threads for western games. How is it handled on /v/?
2) How are games classified as "western" or "eastern"? How, for example, would Metal Gear, Dark Souls, Shantae, or Donkey Kong Country be classified?
3) How will webcomic, Let's Play, or hardware threads be divided?
4) How will the potential for cross-board shitposting be handled?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.