[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't people post desktops on /g/ anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: 1461677034062.png (450 KB, 600x802) Image search: [Google]
1461677034062.png
450 KB, 600x802
Why can't people post desktops on /g/ anymore?
>>
>>523675
Because not technology.
>>>/w/ is the new home of desktop threads.
>>
>>523680
There's always been desktop threads on both /w/ and /g/. Desktop threads are technology. Phone Homescreen threads aren't being deleted.
>>
>>523683
Thats probably because only cuckolds use computers.
>>
>>523686
I'm looking for serious responses here.
>>
>>523688
Im sorry :T
>>
>>523675
>bakasuka
thread ruined from the start
>>
The fact that the watch subreddit is allowed to stay on /g/ while desktop threads got deleted is just dumb.
>>
Probably because of anime shitposting.
See:
>>>/g/54435694
>>
>>523757
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>people create unrelated threads with anime
>ban desktop threads out of spite

I wish the mods would just fuck off
this is completly childish and not how a website is supposed to be run
>>
>>523749
not to mention the homescreen thread, which is literally the exact same thing
>>
>>523757
How the fuck has that been up for an entire hour. We just got a fuckton of janitors, what the FUCK are they doing?
>>
>>523811
they are all on desktop thread patrol, loaded for bear.
>>
>>523812
basically this
I assumed moderation of the rest of the board would have stepped up with desktop threads not being policed anymore but if anything it's 100x worse now
>>
>lol zany moderation XD
>trolled by the mods again :DDD

this would not be happening on a real website
>>
>>523749
>subreddit
Are you trying to bait us?
>>
>>523675
desktop threads have been shitty from the start
they add nothing, and are usually just a group of 20 or so tripfags jerking each other off about the same desktop they reposted for the 10 millionth time while talking shit about anyone not in their group

it's about time that /g/ started cracking down on generals that add nothing and never even talk about technology
let's get rid of the trannyposting in /dpt/ next please
>>
Here's something interesting for any of you folks in Power.
https://rbt.asia/g/thread/S54435447#p54437292

I thought mods were supposed to be friendly members of the community? I'm pretty sure he's a mod because he deleted those posts faster then allowed (In my eyes). Plus the thread was pruned quickly after his appearance.

I could care less about the desktop threads. They do belong on /w/, I was merely lurking. But if this guy was a mod he deleted his own posts without reason.

If he's not a mod he should be banned for impersonation, can't report him because his posts are deleted. I'd love a reply about this because it seriously concerns me.

-/g/ user.
>>
>>523871
this is autism
even more autistic than posting your desktop every day in the same thread
this is putting words in someone's mouth to try to get them banned because you don't like their opinion
holy shit please go kill yourself anon
>>
>>523887
He literately fucking says 'banned you for 30 days'
https://rbt.asia/g/thread/S54435447#p54437292

If that's not impersonation i don't know what is. Janitors cannot ban people, Only mods can. No capcode = No mod.
>>
File: dt.png (14 KB, 1133x150) Image search: [Google]
dt.png
14 KB, 1133x150
>>523871
Same thing happened in the current "desktop thread"

I think it's just an assblasted shitposter impersonating. I really hope we wouldn't have mods that fucking retarded.
>>
>>523871
Woops, I'm retarded. That thread was not deleted prematurely.
>>
>>523683
>"[x] is technology"Literally the downfall of /v/ and the same logic is erroding /g/ fast. You don't care about technical stuff, you only care about blogging with anime wallpapers.
>>
File: 1454686977686.jpg (16 KB, 185x254) Image search: [Google]
1454686977686.jpg
16 KB, 185x254
>>523675
AHAHA mods actually banned those threads? I didn't even notice because all /g/enerals are filtered on my machine.

This is the first good thing they've done in a long time.
>>
>>523822
Just keeping it real.
>>
>>523866
>let's get rid of the trannyposting in /dpt/ next please
wtf, are they trannies invading /g/ too? Why would they even do that?
>>
They finally did it? Maybe I should start browsing /g/ again.
>>
Woo, teen faggots showing off their epic rainmeter skins
>>
>>523811
>We just got a fuckton of janitors
According to the newest news on top: No, the new jannitors just now get their confirmation emails.
>>
File: 1454018701161.png (13 KB, 497x470) Image search: [Google]
1454018701161.png
13 KB, 497x470
Because god exists and his name is Hiro.
>>
>>524742
Desktop threads were shit but there wasn't any rainmeter.
>>
Are desktop threads allowed on /a/?
>>
>>523675

Because posting a screenshot of your desktop is not technology.
That and homescreen threads were garbage.

I never understood the point.
>look at how my icons are arranged and which anime I have as my background today, /g/!

Again. NOT TECHNOLOGY GO TO /wg/.
>>
>>524917
You don't know a goddamned thing about desktop threads man. Do you have any idea how many people, including myself, have been introduced to linux and other tech stuff through them? I'm sorry if I'm coming across as an asshole, but people really shouldn't say a damn thing if they don't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>523683

Granted that these threads have always been there, I dont recall them ever being welcome on /g/.
They were always told to fuck off to /w/ or /wg/ because they were either just posting rainmeter setups or dumping images. The phone threads were even worse because the people posting in them literally posted the same thing every day.

I can understand posting actual themes that make changes to a lot of stuff on the PC, or posting screensavers. But even then I think that stuff should be posted on /wg/ most of the time.

Desktop backgrounds qualify as artwork more than tech, and how you arrange your icons doesnt deserve it's own thread.
>>
>>524918

Why dont you just call it "linux general" then?
>>
>>524916
No they belong on /g/ because customizing your operating system, desktop environment, and window manager in order to make a more personalized user interface is absolutely, positively, without a doubt technology related.
>>
>>524921
A couple reasons.

1. There's already a linux general. The fact that you don't know this shows how much relevance your opinion on /g/ has.

2. Desktop threads are mostly for discussing the customization of an OS's user interface and doesn't necessarily have to be linux based.
>>
>>524919
Like I told the other anon, reading this post it is blatantly obvious that you have no idea what actually goes on in desktop threads or what the point of them is.
>>
>>523749
>watch subreddit

wait, is there a thread on /g/ about watches?Like, wristwatches?

Are they time travelers or grandpas?
>>
>>524923

Why dont you just use linux general if you're interested in linux?
>>
>>524933
I do, but I'm also interested in customizing the UI, which is what desktop threads are specifically for. Why is this so hard to understand?

If desktop thread material were to be merged into the greater linux thread it would reach bump limit in a half an hour
>>
>>524923
>Desktop threads are mostly for discussing the customization of an OS's user interface

You're back to the point I made already.
>look how my icons are arranged and what image I have

That is not tech. That'd be like if /o/ had a thread for what color their floormats are. Sure, it's going to be posted sometimes and will be relevant to certain conversations but they dont have a 24/7 thread for something like that.
>>
>>524925

>lol you just dont know you're talking about

Stop dismissing people's entire posts with this garbage and maybe explain why the fuck your lame circlejerk should be allowed to persist?
At least the other generals actually do something.
>>
>>524934
>I do, but I'm also interested in customizing the UI

This is something that takes like 5 minutes to do for most people, even on a fresh install.
>>
>>524929
You would be surprised. Buying overpriced (we're talking $4000+ here) watches is a huge deal among dickless faggots. It's a way to show you like to throw your money in the trash all the time.
>>
>>524937
>This is something that takes like 5 minutes to do for most people, even on a fresh install.
Please tell me what you think this consists of. Honestly interested in your answer.
>>
>>523683
>Desktop threads are technology.
No they fucking aren't. They are closer to art and design and definitely don't belong on /g/. Using technology doesn't equate to technology, as with your reasoning we can go about putting almost anything on /g/.
>>
>>524639
trannies (at least mtfs; not sure about ftms) are notorious attention seekers. pretty sure it's like a psychological thing related to the ailment tbqh
>>
>>525071
>Using technology doesn't equate to technology,
By this logic most everything stands to be removed from /g/. What the fuck is tech even for if not to be used? Jesus that's a fucking retarded argument.
>>
File: 54646184864108.jpg (614 KB, 1260x800) Image search: [Google]
54646184864108.jpg
614 KB, 1260x800
>>524934
>I do, but I'm also interested in customizing the UI
Just epic, man. Fucking epic.
>>
File: 1462731550835.jpg (7 KB, 214x200) Image search: [Google]
1462731550835.jpg
7 KB, 214x200
>>525086
I can only imagine how assblasted the person who made that image had to have been when someone told him his desktop was shit.
>>
>>525082
>What the fuck is tech even for if not to be used?
They discussion of technology, retard. That includes electronics, computing, software and hardware, technical design, trends, engineering, industry, etc. Not fucking photos of your desk, screencaps of your shitty desktop, ten thousand consumer whore advertising threads and programming.

/g/ is not /stem/. /g/ is not /w/.

>Jesus that's a fucking retarded argument.
No, you're just a fucking moron. If using technology equates to valid discussion of technology then discussing sports, anime, cartoons and movies are all valid subjects, as they use TVs/theatre projectors/computers to watch them. Drawfag threads would be valid as they use digital drawing software and tablets for their application. Video games would be on topic as they are primarily used via a modern consumer computing interface. Etc. etc. etc.

Fuck off back to r_eddit, you cancerous piece of shit, and take your generals with you. Your ilk isn't ever going to be welcome on 4chan and mods are going to continually going to be cracking down on your bullshit.
>>
>>525095
It's from the installgentoo offical /g/ wiki, you fucking braindead newfag.

Point at this retard. Point and laugh. The rest of /g/ has never wanted you faggots on their board.
>>
>>525096
What should be discussed specifically on /g/ anon? What kind of content do you want to see there?
>>
>>525097
>It's from the installgentoo offical /g/
Yeah I'm sure it was made specifically for the wiki.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.