[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Reddit"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: 1448306873469.jpg (32 KB, 555x333) Image search: [Google]
1448306873469.jpg
32 KB, 555x333
Can mods please filter the word "reddit" like they did with fa.m tb.h etc.

Almost every single discussion that involves conflicting opinions on this site now mentions reddit as though we didn't have an entire language full of words you can use to express your opinion without parroting baseless, meaningless buzzwords. Its becoming an obsession and it makes conversation basically pointless.

It took a little while but black twitter posting has definitely died down since the filters were implemented, so I'm sure it will work again. Pls respond
>>
Fucking this so much. They could just change it to a fullstop seeing as it's usually used as an end of sentence placeholder anyway
>>
>>417639

They already tried this.

Spoilers: It didn't work
>>
>>417663
When?
>>
>>417663
They should have kept it

8gag is still filtered despite being irrelevant
>>
>>417678
>8gag is still filtered
8ch.org
>>
Nice redditfrog, fucktard. Kill yourself.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR HYPOCRISY - TO KNOW IF CONTENT IS "REDDIT" OR NOT, ONE MUST LOGICALLY VISIT REDDIT ONESELF)
>>
>>417671
Long before you came here.
>>
>>417639
This would be amusing. Especially for /tv/ and /qa/.

>>417663
That is not the point of filters.
>>
>>417683
Ok, when?
>>
>>417694
2012/3, and guess what? People just started to use Leddit, Plebbit and any other variation of "Reddit". Filtering Reddit doesn't work, to stop with the obsession you need to ban the origin of the obsession, so just fucking ban both people who claim that they browse Reddit and shitposters who think calling someone a redditor is a epic meme and the obsession will go away.
>>
>>417698
But a year ago I rarely saw people even mention reddit, it was mostly tumblr that got called out but it was no where near as bad as it is now. Its only been the ladt couple months its really picked up. Why not ban leddit and plebbit too? Its not like its hard work. People still use f a m or tbqh to get around those filters but you can't deny that their usage has dropped significantly since their filters were introduced.
>>
>>417701
>But a year ago I rarely saw people even mention reddit
Then you weren't here last year, because Reddit has been mocked here since 2008.
>>
>>417705
I know its been mocked but I've been here at least long enough to notice that its become way worse recently. I also think it would be easier to just filter out the word than to find each individual post that mentions reddit and then make a judgment call on whether or not that poster deserves to be banned. And pretty much everyone knows how to avoid bans anyway so it would be pointless
>>
>>417639
Doesn't bother me that much since it makes it clear who the shitters are, but for the sake of consistency it definitely should be filtered out. It's way worse than the other two words.
>>
>>417709
It became 'worse' recently because, as I said, newfags think it's a meme. The moderation needs to ban both of them, the shitposters and the actual redditors.
To the ban thing, well, 4chan could use other types of cookies instead of the normal ones, like sessionStorage, localStorage, LSOs, window.name, ETags, etc. Not everybody know how to remove them, so most of the cancer would go away.
>>
>>417679
it's .net
>>
>>417722
google senpai
>>
>>417722
But its almost impossible to tell whether or not someone is genuinely just a tourist from reddit. How you pick who to ban? And even if they did choose to do that, why not just filter the word as well? What harm would it do? If the rare scenario ever came up where somebody wanted to mention reddit for a reason other than to shitpost, its not like it would be hard to just put in a period like "red.dit" or something the way twitterposters do. I don't see why it has to be one or the other, but even if it did, filtering just seems like both the more effective and easy option
>>
>>417738
How can we find underages? Exactly, we can't. We ban them if they admit they are underages. Usually, redditards openly admit they browse Reddit. Don't believe me? https://4ch.be/qa/thread/388547
And yeah, filter it to cancer, faggots, aids, whatever.
>>
File: 8.gif (10 KB, 144x257) Image search: [Google]
8.gif
10 KB, 144x257
>>417639
You fucking newfag.
Go back to lebbit
>>
>>417639
Can mods filter SOURCE SAUCE to IMANEWFAG
>>
Reddit (and variations like leddit or lebbit or ribbit) should all be filtered to spell out 4chan.
>>
>>417698
Then just filter those and any variation of eddit
>>
>>417848
>>417899
better just filter the "r" "e" "d" "i" "t" letters for banana emojis
>>
>>417848
I've suggested this twice elsewhere, it's far worse than senpai ever was
>>
>>417899
It's impossible to filter every variation, holy fuck, you're stupid. Furthermore, if Hiro hypothetically finds a way to get every existant variation of Reddit, it would rape 4chan's servers, because filtering is made on server side, and loading a file containing all the variations of Reddit every single time a person posts here would slow down the servers until they eventually crash. 4chan would technically ddos itself.

>>417848
This is the worst filter ideia I've ever heard, and I've seen some retarded shit here all these years. Go back to reddit, and no, I'm not memeing, because only a redditard would want to filter it to 4chan.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR HYPOCRISY - TO KNOW IF CONTENT IS "REDDIT" OR NOT, ONE MUST LOGICALLY VISIT REDDIT ONESELF)
>>
>>417949
The servers seem perfectly fine with the nig nog twat filters, and they were fine when all of the variations of cuck were filtered too.

I think someone's just afraid to lose their favorite buzzword.
>>
>>417949
Do you honestly believe anyone ever goes "back to reddit" after you tell them to? You're resorting to an impulsive phrase, which isn't far different from "memeing."
>>
>>417960
I have the firm belief that everyone I ever told to kill themselves has been so devastated that they promptly closed 4chan, wrote their suicide note, dbanned their hard drive, and hanged themselves from the nearest available fixture.
>>
>>417951
I don't think you understand what you said and what I replied, "f᠎am tb᠎h s᠎mh".
>>
>>417960
No, I don't. It's just to mock people.
>>
>>417968
Literal cancer
>>
>>417949
Holy fuck you are retarded
>>
>>418027
Your comment is fabulously hypocritical.
>>
>>417951
4chan doesn't filter variations of f@m, ϟmh and Ʈbh.
>>
Reddit should be filtered to Ylilauta.
>>
>>417949
Solution:
1. Filter Reddit to 4chan
2. Ban people who use any variations.
>>
>>418365
The solution is to ban both Redditors, because they are the ones who cause flame wars, and the dumb shitposters who use 'Reddit' as an epic downvote maymay. We don't fucking need filters, specially dumb ones like you suggested.
>>
>>417705
Not the extent it is now. Calling anything and everything "Reddit" only started a year or two ago
>>
>>418378
Yeah lets tell that to the lazy ass mods
>>
"back to reddit" is just a combination "lurk more" and fedora memes

a daring synthesis desu
>>
>>417965
I laughed. Have an upvote my friend, or mayhaps I can gift you some 4chan gold good gentlesir?
>>
>words hurt my feelings

Hello ®eddit

>>
>Filters don't work

yeah that's why baka and desu are said so much less now

You just have to filter the obvious alternates as well and eventually people will stop.
>>
What is the list for filters again?
I swear im not fucking posting memes and yet senpai is still randomly appearing in my posts
>>
If it is going to be filtered, make it "Rebdilk." Also change "Leddit" to "Lebdilk."
>>
>>>/reddit/

>>
>>418942
>implying smfh and fäm aren't still around
>>
>>417698
They filtered it to a similar word when they should've filtered it to "4chan"
>>
>>417639
To be honest buzzword is a buzzword, get your memeing out of here
>>
>>417639
>I keep getting called out for being a redditfag
>M-m-mods p-please, I'm being triggered

>>
We're sick of it too.
>>
>>419071
Hi, Reddit!
>>
>>419071
sick of what?
>>
>>419076
Using a weak argument like calling something "reddit" or telling someone "go back to reddit" instead of making a strong argument to tell someone that you think they're an idiot.

It's like ad hominem and strawman arguments rolled into one short shitpost.
>>
>>419077
To know if content is NOT reddit, ergo doesn't fit the reddit content pattern, one must logically visit reddit oneself.
>>
>>419081
Agreed - so one should not make the argument at all that content is either reddit or not reddit.
>>
>>419083
Yeah, pretty much. But it's fun. Unholy fun, granted, but still fun. Also, it sometimes does a sufficient job at describing something, even more so when the habit of calling things reddit so goddamn often has grown to be part of the public conscience of a board, as is the case with /tv/. From an outward perspective it's always 100% bait and shitposting, but insiders sometimes can get well behind the calling of "reddit-ness".
>>
>>419071
really?
>>
>>417680
>(USER WAS BANNED FOR HYPOCRISY - TO KNOW IF CONTENT IS "REDDIT" OR NOT, ONE MUST LOGICALLY VISIT REDDIT ONESELF)
Is this the uh, "how would you know it tastes like shit unless you eat shit" argument?
>>
>>419071
>>419077
>>419083
>you have to be shot to know that it hurts
Mods are retarded.
>>
just found out I've been banned for calling out reddit.
gg mods.

>>417639
dumb frogposter
>>
>>419098

>>you have to be shot to know that it hurts

http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/index.php/logical-fallacies/182-weak-analogy

>Mods are retarded.

http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/index.php/logical-fallacies/10-ad-hominem-abusive
>>
>>417680
>to recognize a criminal, one must logically be a criminal oneself
4chan-tier moderation
>>
>>419101
>http://www.logicallyfallacious.com
hello ******
>>
>>419109
hi ***
>>
>>419108
Are redditors criminals?
>>
If we are going to word filter reddit, it should be word filtered to Lurk moar, as that'd be taking a jab at the poster and the person being insulted. A perfect and funny word filter as everyone will also know it was used.
>>
>>419116
In Trump's America they will be.
>>
File: 1436772110518.jpg (38 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1436772110518.jpg
38 KB, 240x240
>https://4ch.be/qa/thread/388547
>thread full of actual redditors
>no bans
>this thread
>full of anti-redditors
>they get banned

>>419117
Seconded. Or filter it to cancer, aids, whatever.
>>
File: hang-in-there.jpg (111 KB, 476x700) Image search: [Google]
hang-in-there.jpg
111 KB, 476x700
If I recall correctly, the word reddit was banned once before.

That's when people started calling it Leddit.

It did no good.
>>
>>419120
People have embraced baka desu senpai and most don't try to circumvent it. Mods have to find a replacement that appeals to the anime part of the brain.

reddit -> 2ch
>>
File: slashrslashmaymayXD.jpg (3 KB, 124x110) Image search: [Google]
slashrslashmaymayXD.jpg
3 KB, 124x110
>>419101
>http://www.fallacyfiles.org/fallfall.html
literally reddit-tier ignorance
>inb4 I NEVER SAID THEY'RE WRONG BECAUSE I THINK THEY'RE COMMITTING A FALLACY I WAS JUST BEING IRONIC/POINTING IT OUT TO TRY TO FEEL INTELLIGENTERER!!
#STRAWMAN!!!1 #ADHOMINEM!!!1 #FALLACY!!!!11!!!!!!111
>>
Remember the time when we insulted and made fun of Reddit because they stole our memes like 9gag? I miss those times.
Nowadays, the problem seems to be another one.
>>
>>419131
average /pol/ poster
>>
>>419136
It's still the same problem, they still steal our content.
>>
>>419136
>>419138
Still the same problem indeed, except now the cancer has manifested to the point where they literally screencap posts.
I dare you.
Go to /r/4chan and read comments.
These people are the real problem since these assholes actually come here because of "HAHA SHITPOSTING XD".
>>
>>419137
chekk you're privleage, shirtload scam >:^(
>>
>>417949
>TO KNOW IF CONTENT IS "REDDIT" OR NOT, ONE MUST LOGICALLY VISIT REDDIT ONESELF
Since when was being from reddit a bannable offense?
>>
>>419131
The distance between bullet wound to pain knowledge and rigorously and emphatically hating on a culture that you have (supposedly) only second hand knowledge of is not only huge but claiming and taking ownership of that gap is incredibly suspect and highly dubious.

Let me put that into simple language for you:
When you say "I've never been to Reddit but I hate Reddit and people from Reddit" what you are saying is "I'm probably lying that I've never been to Reddit and if I'm telling the truth I'm coming across as incredibly stupid for venting such vitriol about something I'm clearly incredibly under-educated about."

In short: it's still a logical fallacy most of the time and when it's not you still look stupid as fuck.

Stay butthurt.
>>
>>419139
>/r/4chan
I normally ignore accusations, but this place really looks like it should be purged for the greater good.
>>
>>419141
>USER WAS BANNED FOR HYPOCRISY (...)

learn to read you fucking retard
>>
Nothing offends a redditor more than belling called reddit.

You can call him anything, any insult, but if you call him reddit he will shriek and throw a hissy fit. He's been found out and he hates it, he doesn't even understand how it happened, he tried to fit in but failed.

The redditor is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a liberal, memer, SJW, faggot, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him reddit and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”
>>
>>419144
This is why I always mention this place. Some anon mentioned it once and it's the best example of the problem I've found to date.
>>
>>419143
that is reeeal kewl, duude :^)
but again, just because an argument is fallacious that doesn't make it invalid or untrue :^/
and pls don't be rude >:^( >>>/b/
>>
>>419145
Since when is being a hypocrite a bannable offense?
>>
File: 1448485801530.jpg (49 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1448485801530.jpg
49 KB, 330x319
>>417680
MODS=GODS
>>
So what are the mods defending Redditors now?
>>
>>419190
Where do you think the mods meet? IRC? That's too problematic because you can't have word filters and shadow bans on IRC. They meet in a private subreddit. It's called /r/SRS4chan
>>
Hey mods. Mind doing your jobs for once and clean up boards like /v/ and /tv/? Or are you too afraid to admit that you're purposely ruining those boards because you hate them? Also you don't own this site, Hiro does. moot never gave you shit except a free job.
>>
>>419071
Then do your fucking jobs and Crack down on shitposting. Stop being lazy asses for once and do something. I don't care if your sick of it, you could have stopped this, yet you and your buddies did nothing. You let this happen.

So do your job that you do for free.
>>
>>419197
>[Deleted]
Mods = Gods
>>
>>419037
>>419077
>>419083
Alright, good. I'm glad that you're actually communicating, and I'm glad you see that there's a problem.

Now what do you propose to do about it besides posting in this one thread?
>>
Oh i'm sure mods will crack down telling people to go back /pol/ they must be really sick of it.

Fucking bring it on c
>>
>>419218
Nothing. Until I start seeing them delete shitposts on /v/ and /tv/ they haven't done shit
>>
>>419174
since it hurt their feelings.

joot needs to shitcan the lot of them.
>>
>>419222

That's most likely true.

Mods are willing to step into a thread and make a public ban so people like >>419185 will whoop and shout like chimps so that they don't have to actually do anything.

They could mod for the betterment of the board, but instead the only mod for attention and to make themselves feel powerful. That's why they moderate /a/, the board that worships them, so thoroughly
>>
>>419224
>>419224
I still don't know if they really are tired of the fucking Reddit spam or they've gotten really butthurt about the hate against Reddit
>>
>>419185
Kill yourself idiot. People like you give the mods an even bigger ego
>>
>>419230
Bullying is wrong.
>>
>>419230
This is the sort of response this >>419185 sort of behavior should generate.

We need to stop being like Something Awful and building cults around mods who don't do their jobs.
>>
File: 1451370805724.jpg (66 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
1451370805724.jpg
66 KB, 460x287
>>419229
maybe the mod is having a bad day and needs some keks
>>
>>419233
swaglord is the very definition of an SA mod. He is a cancer on this site that needs to be removed
>>
>>419236
Rude desu. Please try to imagine how swaglord feels when he reads your comment.
>>
Filters suggestion:
reddit -> 4chan
normie -> normalfag

Also 'tbqh' and '2bh' should be filtered into desu too
>>
mods are redditors and are mad they are always caught when they post
>>
>>419264
Hiro needs to employ new mods
>>
>>417680
Nicely done, mod!

It has been said before, the reddit-insult is something that would only make sense to actual redditors.

Only one mistake here. Pepe is NOT a redditfrog, he's a 4chan-frog. It all started here, and if reddit likes him now, well, why the hell should I care? I never browse reddit.
>>
>>419264
Pretty much this
>>
>>419277
>I never browse reddit.
Only a redditor would deny browsing reddit.
>>
>>419281
Spoken like a true mod
>>
>>419238
I hope he feels so bad he kills himself.

>>419257
>normie -> normalfag

fucking why
>>
>>419287
>I hope he feels so bad he kills himself.
Bullying is wrong.
>>
>>419288
Is this /s4s/'s new version of "not nice?"

Fuck off to your raid board
>>
>>419291
I've never even been to /s4s/. Is this some kind of forum?
>>
>>419291
Pretty much. They're acting like a bunch of retards again >>419143 this guy is a regular on [s4s] so obviously he's in support of swaglord and the mods

>>419293
Yeah its literally r/4chan 2.0
>>
File: 1433527165130.jpg (87 KB, 874x547) Image search: [Google]
1433527165130.jpg
87 KB, 874x547
I knew the moderation was pretty bad nowadays, but really? Defending reddit?
Hiro, please, hire better mods...
>>
>>419311
I still don't know if its that they agree with the out of control blaming Reddit meme which is literally becoming a cancer and a major cause of derailing threads constantly? Or as you said, the mods really are defending Reddit because they are Redditors themselves?

I'm so sorry you're not admins anymore mods. I know moot probably promised you all the power you could ever want, but guess what? Tough shit. You have a new boss now and you better stop fucking around. Get the pole out of your ass or your cunt and do your jobs THAT YOU DO FOR FUCKING FREE!
>>
So will the mods come back in here and try and actually communicate with us again?
>>
>>419320
thanks fer yer input/butthurt meddling of (You)s, low-level jani!
>>
>>419325
>will the mods pay attention to us and actually answer our questions

Not when we have fucksticks like this >>419320 shitting up the thread and acting like a child. The mods have no reason to talk to us if we can't be mature.
>>
>>419332
>The mods have no reason to talk to us if we can't be mature.
Found the cuckservative.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 400x474) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 400x474
>>419332
>>
>>419332
The mods are more immature than the users on here. I've also pretty much confirmed swaglord aka invisibro is a user of r/4chan, meaning he is a Redditor and he does browse Reddit.

>>419333 this was made yesterday on /tv/. Notice how the person who called swaglord out got banned by him. And then notice the amount of Reddit defending from the mods in here. Sadly yes I had to go on r/4chan to confirm this, since someone made a thread about it on there about that pic, and guess who posted in it? Yup, swaglord aka invisibro

This is corruption at its purest, and this faggot is apparently moot's best friend in real life.
>>
>>419338
You're autistic.
>>
>>419343
Nice insult. Did you come here from r/4chan to defend your shitposting again?
>>
>>419336
As a mod on another forum, I feel for them. Users are always unhappy, no matter what. There is literally no way to please everyone. On top of that, you have faggots like the ones in this thread that take things way too seriously and overreact when things don't go exactly their way. Being a mod is like being a voluntary babysitter of retarded kids who parents are in a divorce.

But ignoring that, yes, I trust in the mods because 4chan is still here and hasn't gone under or changed for the worse. The mods have done their job of keeping the site alive. The few boards I browse have a different culture than they did years ago, but change happens. And who causes that change? The users. Not the mods. The users are the bigger influence here. The mods just do their job and respond accordingly.

You can type up your butthurt responses now.
>>
>>419357
The mods banned cunnies on /tv/ which caused the bane meme and the reddit invasion.
>>
>>419357
Do mods pay for care packages or users? Think vewy, vewy carefully.
>>
>>419363
Literally no.

>>419364
No, and that's not their job. See >>419357
>>
>>419366
>Literally no.
FIguratively yes.
>>
>>419357
Here's my response: Hello Mod
>>
>>419366
That's literally the post I was responding to. Only a mod would have the self-arrogance to think he has every concern of the community anticipated and answered. Website profit derives of unique usage hits. R u seriously telling me you meet the wants of all user demographs spanning 2003-2016?
>>
>>419377
And a website deserves a good, fun environment free of shitposting and mods that care
>>
>>419378
Circularly funny. Would an 'environment free of shitposting' consist exclusively of mod-approved posts? Who the fuck gets to decide what shitposting consists of? Reminder our unique ips pay for your hotpockets.
>>
>>419382
The hotpockets don't get paid idiot, and you should know that by now. They do everything for free.

And an environemnt free of shitposting would consist of on topic threads with some fun thrown in them that do not derail the threads into shitposting cesspools
>>
>>419391
Haha, wow. Sounds like you need a safe space.
>>
>>419391
Right. That's why every mid-2000s property survived by taxing its users and somehow you expect us to believe moot's property is free of this phenomenon because we're all just special snowflake contributors of the interntetz. You are literally describing a community equal to a mod-vetted basement, the antithesis of moot's 4chan.. fuck you junior bootlicker.
>>
>>417639
Senpai desu
>>
>>419323
>>419311

The mod wasn't defending Reddit. He was obviously shitting on people spamming "GB2Reddit."

Come on guys, this isn't that hard. Read the thread. I hate the mods too but the guy is clearly in the right here- Reddit spam has gotten out of control. It's in every thread anytime somebody disagrees with somebody else.
>>
>>419416
>Come on guys, this isn't that hard. Read the thread. I hate the mods too but the guy is clearly in the right here- faggot spam has gotten out of control. It's in every thread anytime somebody disagrees with somebody else.
Hello faggot.
>>
>>419418
>/s4s/ getting pissed off that their favorite insult is getting taken away

hopefully your board is next
>>
>>419421
Me too. I'm from /qa/ btw.
>>
>>419422
Nobody is from /qa/
>>
>>419427
You wish, but we both know that SRS can honestly claim to be from /qa/.
>>
>>419416
So maybe if the mods actually started making more public bans on the big image boards like /v/ and /tv/, where the spam is rampant, maybe it would show the mods are tired of it/
>>
>>419416
Another problem is that we do have a mod who browses r/4chan, a subreddit that literally believes that "Reddit is for serious discussions while 4chan is for funposting". That is why people blame Reddit so much, because of that subreddit
>>
>>419438
How the fuck can reddit be for serious discussion when nearly every comment is deleted and they actively try to prevent certain articles from being posted that doesn't match their retarded worldview
>>
>>419444
Let them believe whatever they want to believe. Filter out the shitposts and 4chan is a better place for discusion.
The belief that "4chan is for shitposting" from redditards is really a big problem though and I wish it was easily solved.

And, of course, checked.
>>
>>419444
Because they're that fucking stupid and braindead. They seriously believe this. Hell I think a good amount of Redditors actually believe this to. But the actual quote did come from r/4chan, I don't have the screenshot though sadly.

>>419447
>The belief that "4chan is for shitposting" from redditards is really a big problem though and I wish it was easily solved.
Its worse knowing we have a mod who posted on r/4chan just a day ago about /tv/, a thread that just so happened to be about a ban swaglord made on /tv/. And it just so happened a user called invisibro posted in the thread and had the highest upvotes. invisibro is swaglord's other name, and his little circlejerk called [s4s] acts exactly like r/4chan does. I guarantee you swaglord really thinks 4chan is for funposting
>>
>>419449
>his little circlejerk called [s4s]
/s4s/ is just a meme-themed /b/, I'm pretty sure you can post whatever you want in it.
>>
>>419452
[s4s] is everything wrong with 4chan. It was just meant to be an April Fools joke by moot. Instead he kept it around because I guarantee you swaglord, who I must remind you is moot's childhood friend in real life, probably convinced moot to keep it around
>>
>>419454
How is it any worse than /b/, or /trash/, which hiro made?
>>
>>419455
/trash/ actually has a purpose, aka harboring people who want to post furry/pony porn. Barely seen any of those things in other boards since then.
>>
>>419444
>How the fuck can reddit be for serious discussion when nearly every comment is deleted and they actively try to prevent certain articles from being posted that doesn't match their retarded worldview

You should really check the Desustorage archives for these threads. The mods delete a lot of shit, mostly stuff critical of them or moot.

4chan has gotten just as bad as Reddit.
>>
>>419457
>4chan has gotten just as bad as Reddit.
Hopefully 4chan gets just slightly worse so that you'll finally leave for Reddit.
>>
>>419456
>harboring people who want to post furry/pony porn
That's just as much of a purpose of posting stupid memes on /s4s/ all day. None of it is actually necessary.
>>
>>419459
None of it is neccesary yet all the time they spend there is time not spent on your board. Just like /pol/ except there the containment doesn't work just as well.
>>
>>419455
/trash/ is a board with actual threads. /s4s/ is Swaglord's personal raid board.

>>419449
>Its worse knowing we have a mod who posted on r/4chan just a day ago about /tv/, a thread that just so happened to be about a ban swaglord made on /tv/. And it just so happened a user called invisibro posted in the thread and had the highest upvotes. invisibro is swaglord's other name, and his little circlejerk called [s4s] acts exactly like r/4chan does. I guarantee you swaglord really thinks 4chan is for funposting

Screencap?

From what we've seen on /qa/ we know that Swaglord has a lot to do with /tv/ so that checks out.

>>419454
>who I must remind you is moot's childhood friend in real life

That's pretty worrying. Does that mean they're both from New York?
>>
File: 1435033276510.png (8 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1435033276510.png
8 KB, 500x500
The wordfilters are the best thing that ever happened to this site. Reddit, cuck, senpai, desu all need to be filtered
>>
>>419338
>>419345
>>419438
>>419449
>I hate 4chan, moot, and swaglord because they banned GG and now I have to try and find far-fetched reasons to stir up shit because I'm a raging autist

He made one memetic comment on a screenshot of his redtext. You just don't see the irony of it because you're autistic.

Just go back to 8ch, Fredrick. Nobody likes you.
>>
>>419479
Hi faglord
>>
I'll stop calling you "reddit" when the mods/janitors stop with selective moderation(on /tv/)
>>
>>419479
hey what's up swaglord?
>>
>>419483
>>>/tv/65233432
This thread is fine though because its hecka epic, right OP/mod?
>>
File: DISGUST.png (73 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
DISGUST.png
73 KB, 454x453
This is not /q/
This is not a metaboard
Fucking LEAVE with your metaposting bullshit
I MISS THE TIMES WHEN THIS BOARD WAS JUST A SFW /b/ WHO TOOK IT EASY
REEEEEEEEE

>>417680
And new mods are shit, SHIT!
>>
>>419486
Its totally ok to them. And just so you know swaglord moderates /tv/, so he's completely fine with this. /tv/ is literally r/4chan mixed with [s4s]
>>
>>419490
>muh cumf

fuck off /s4s/
>>
>>419480
>>419485
Swaglord wouldn't take the time to respond to a miscarriage like you. Heck, I don't know why I do.
>>
>>419493
I'm not from /s4s/ but even them were better posters than people like OP (who only appeared after Hiro hosted his Q&A and invited a shitload of new people into this board)
i just want this board to be cozy again
>>
>>419071
You should wordfilter:

Go back to reddit into "I'm a little bitch"
>>>/reddit/ into >>>/opinions/
And lastly,
invaded by reddit wordfiltered into "MUH BOOGEYMEN"
>>
>>419492
https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/65229310/#65230380

Then why can't we call out redditors? Did hiro promise them pay if they can increase the amount of users browsing ?
>>
>>419497
I remember this board being quite as fuck with barely any new threads being made at all then Hiro arrives and it's filled with new requests for boards we DON'T NEED and obvious newfriends crying about /pol/
>>
>>419506
Hiro doesn't believe in paying mods at all. Its weird that the mods actually decided to talk to the users for once. I personally believe they are just getting sick of everyone calling shitposters Redditors.

However what that mod said about mods not browsing Reddit is pure bullshit, since swaglord has an account there and posted yesterday on r/4chan.
>>
File: 1453582367621.png (9 KB, 701x133) Image search: [Google]
1453582367621.png
9 KB, 701x133
Pure. Fucking. Bullshit
>>
File: xvcxcv.png (10 KB, 1007x186) Image search: [Google]
xvcxcv.png
10 KB, 1007x186
This was in response to someone saying the Redditors can't be removed or are too embedded into /tv/
>>
File: gfhf.png (4 KB, 485x93) Image search: [Google]
gfhf.png
4 KB, 485x93
Now this response is the most curious out of all of them. This was in response to someone telling the mod to kill swaglord because he encourages shitposting. This also happened to be the last mod response in the thread
>>
>>419525
If strawpolls are kinda accurate: about 25% admit to browsing reddit regularly, while 25% of 4chan users visit it once in a while.

50% almost never visits reddit.
>>
>>419530
Maybe that was swaglord? What if he's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? One persona is a good moderator and the other one is a notorious shitposter?
>>
>>419536
Wish I was in that thread to show proof he uses Reddit
>>
>>417680

Thank you mods.
>>
>>419530
>>419536
Which brings us to another problem: Swaglord is literally the only mod that communicates with us. Where the hell is everyone else?
>>
File: 1453291587181.jpg (145 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
1453291587181.jpg
145 KB, 393x391
>>417680
>>
>>419320
All me desu :^)
>>
>>419555
They hate us and refuse to talk to us pretty much
>>
>>417680
MODS = GODS
>>
>>419071
That's what you get for pandering to reddit users
>>
File: thumbsup9.gif (909 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup9.gif
909 KB, 500x281
>>417680
I don't agree with the reason but one more frogposter getting banned makes me endlessly happy
Good job mods
>>
>>417647
I like this idea,I bet they wouldn't even notice.
>>
>>419617
it's not the frogposter who got b& though
>>
>>417680
This logic is flawed. That's like saying you don't know what a cockroach is unless you are a cockroach.
>>
>>419727
Are you retarded?
>>
>>417680
B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
>>417680
This is very nice. I approve.
>>
>>417949
mods = gods
>>
>>419088
>>419098
>>419108
I'm going to tell you this once: all these analogies are really, really idiotic. You should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>419141
It should always be a bannable offense.
>>
>>419147
i enjoy this post a+
>>
File: plsnobully.jpg (58 KB, 497x497) Image search: [Google]
plsnobully.jpg
58 KB, 497x497
>>419291
>new
>>
>>419307
how dare you
>>
>>419421
>>/s4s/ getting pissed off that their favorite insult is getting taken away
the 'reddit' meme is not at all popular on esforest. why do you speak of that which you do not know?

see:

>>419823

and

http://archive.4plebs.org/s4s/statistics/activity/
>>
>>419449
>exactly like r/4chan does.
so you're saying you've been to reddit
>>
>>419493
>fuck off /s4s/
that's a r9k thing.
which should have been clear from the goddamn frog you insipid asshole
>>
>>419492
>r/4chan mixed with [s4s]
aren't they the same thing, though?

how can one thing be mixed with itself to create something entirely different?

very bizarre philosophy anon.
>>
>>419522
>swaglord has an account there
he really looks like a tried and true redditor anon
https://www.reddit.com/user/invisibro
>>
>>419534
>strawpolls are kinda accurate
they're not. they over-represent consistent posters who feel like their opinion matters at all, speaking as one of them, not, say, lurkers who post less than once a day, if that.
>>
>>417680
WOAH
>>
>>417680
/Q/FAGS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>419071
You're also a fucking retard who can't into basic logic. I can know that if someone posted a page of the Yotsuba&! I know that that content is form Japan without actually having to visit Japan and watching Kiyohiko Azuma draw, "you must yourself visit place to know what happens at place" is a false premise.
>>
What a clusterfuck.
>>
File: 1452807629414.jpg (114 KB, 900x609) Image search: [Google]
1452807629414.jpg
114 KB, 900x609
>>417680
Well done, Anonymous.
>>
Shitposting ought to be a bannable offense.
>>
File: 1439850133912.gif (385 KB, 254x144) Image search: [Google]
1439850133912.gif
385 KB, 254x144
>>417639
But then how do we tell Redditors to fuck off?
>>
>>417680
MODS = GODS
>>
>>417680

ahahaha
>>
literally reddit the mod ITT
>>
>>417680
Doing God's work. Please God, give us a filter already.
>>
>>417680
nice
>>
>>419984
It is. Mods don't enforce it.
>>
>>419985
Slam that mf report button
>>
File: ichtlay.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
ichtlay.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>417680
>>
Mods should also filter tbqh and his variants.
Also shitposter adapted and now use fampai which should be also filtered.
>>
>>417680
This is some bullshit, frogposting should be banned
>>
>>420000
redditposting is more cancerous at this rate
>>
>>417639
Yes. And bring back the cuckfilter too.
>>
>>417639
while were at it can filter the word "sub"
>>
>>420008
But how will I talk about my 12" now?
>>
>>420009
call it your dick
>>
Mods are redditors.
>>
>>420004
Considering the ratio at which it's said these days to the amount of "frogposting" that's seemed to have plagued nearly every circle on the internet, no, "redditposting" is not more cancerous.
>>
>>420011
So? Reddit is awesome.
>>
>>420013
It really isn't most of us only see leddit when someone screenshots a post or frontpage showing how stupid it is.
Or when someone posted an unreddit link showing us how many actual valid comments get deleted.
>>
>>417680
ayy lmao
>>
>>417680
THANK YOU HIROSHIMA NAGASAKI
>>
>>420012
I suggest you to visit /tv/, you'll quickly change your mind
>>
Whole thread is about reddit mods getting mad. I'll abuse your ad you homos.

"u gotta kno reddit 2 be reddit"
>implying this isn't a weak analogy itself
>>
File: 1447443596397.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1447443596397.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
Literally kill yourselves cucks
>>
>>417680
Thank you mods

Can we bring back the cuck filter?
>>
>>419077
GEE, I GUESS WE SHOULD BAN PEOPLE THAT USE THE TERM NEWFAG TOO
I MEAN, NEWFAG ISN'T A STRONG ARGUMENT IS IT?
>>
>>419071
>>419077
>>419083
>>419101
>>419115
Hello reddit XDDD
>>
ban me publicly pls you 4free fucks

I'm from Reddit
>>
>>417680
Epic ban mod :)! Front page of r/4chan on the morrow.
>>
>>420026
IT IMPLIES SOMEONE IS BOTH NEW (not knowing board culture) AND FAG (an undesirable by societal standards).

IT'S LIKE AD HOMINEM AND STRAWMAN HAD GAY SEX AND MADE A TEST TUBE ADOPTION BABY.
>>
Perfectly happy desu senpai baka you nigger reddit cuck faggot
>>
>>419117
This. Personally I'm not in favour of filtering reddit but this would be the best solution, because a lot of users DO need to lurk more before posting.
>>
>>420037
Hello lurk moar.
>>
>>417680
4chan is dead
>>
>>419117
>>420037
>>420041

Should it be 'and lurk moar '?

Hello and lurk moar
Fuck off and lurk moar fag
>>
>>420044
back to and lurk moar.

lurk moar is better.
>>
>>417639
Invoking Reddit is vastly more disruptive than anything proscribed in Global 7. It's an excuse to shitpost disguised as a wholly unwarranted sense of superiority. (People who use it are assuming that they are elite patricians inveighing against unwashed peasants, which would be laughable if it weren't so damn pathetic.)

While anonymity is superior to Reddit's up/downvoting system, I have never seen anything on that site that makes me believe we should somehow blame it for 4chan's problems; its users are not the meme-spewing plebs they're made out to be, and "back to Reddit!" anons are not the gentleman-scholars of exquisite taste they like to believe they are.

People who genuinely wish to improve 4chan should reconsider petulantly derailing threads for the sake of some pointless boogeyman. In other words, they need to grow up.
>>
I think Reddit filtering to 4chan is funnier
>>
Why is reddit different than newfag?
>>
File: 1344445433433.png (74 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1344445433433.png
74 KB, 300x200
>>417680
>>417949
>>418669
>>418980
>>419037
>tfw these bans
what a great day to browse the 'chon!
>>
File: 1448949122312.png (52 KB, 820x825) Image search: [Google]
1448949122312.png
52 KB, 820x825
>>420048
>I have never seen anything on that site that makes me believe we should somehow blame it for 4chan's problems;
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.