[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/art/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
I would like to petition for a new board: /art/. On said board, we could discuss theater, the opera, paintings, sculptures, classic composers and symphonies, new movements in the arts in general. None of these topics really belong on any other boar really, so why not give us a home?
>>
I fucking need this. I don't want to be forced to somewhere else whenever I want to discuss theatre.
>>
This is a great idea. The high-cultural or classical aspect of 4chan needs more of a presence.
>>
>>404477

I know it's hard to believe, but we are out there.
>>
I agree with this idea. Please make it happen Hiro.
>>
>>404466
I'll jump on the bandwagon on this but do you think there might be copyright issues for the mods in some way from the artists/photographers/etc.?

Would you want it to be like /news/ where you could only post 1 pic in the OP post?
>>
I am interested in this as well. Mainly more interested in non-anime/cartoon paintings and such but theater would be fine as well. Would classical music fall in here, or on /mu/?
>>
>>404484
Since classical music is only discusssed in a closed general on /mu/, I'd say the majority of /mu/ isn't interested in that type of music.
>>
>>404483

That's a tough grey area. On one hand, art should be shared and discussed, but there are always those dicks out there. I guess we'd have to go with a see how it goes approach.

>>404484

I'd say move classical music from /mu/ to here, much like wrestling was moved from /sp/ to /asp/.

Gonna bring this up now, because if it isn't addressed I can see it leading to trolling possibilities:

Would Street Art be considered art and a board appropriate topic of discussion.
>>
>>404488
Street art is art so yes.
>>
>>404488
Yeah sure why not.
As long as I get a place to talk about Sondheim and Les Mis 24/7.
>>404466
>>404477
Dubs speak the truth.
>>
Can us guys from /tv/ post here as well? I want to talk about the films of Bergman and Fellini and the like. All /tv/ wants to talk about is Star Wars and their idea of high cinema is Malick, and they even hate him now.
>>
>>404514
This is not going to be /film/, if that's what you're trying to do.
>>
This could be something new and different. I'm all for it.
>>
inb4 banksy and shepard fairey
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.