[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Elite Four's Winter Ball Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Da Elite Four.jpg (259 KB, 1754x1291) Image search: [Google]
Da Elite Four.jpg
259 KB, 1754x1291
[spoiler]Not Rocannon. Original thread got pushed off the catalog; this is but a re-upload. Hopefully it doesn't die quickly this time.[/spoiler]
For /vp/, /tg/ and /x/ (though anyone who wants to stop by and say hello is welcome). Our refuge thread in the event we see some more shit going on back on our boards.

NEWS:
Looks like the party for the Ball will be from November 20th-22nd. Don't know which room we'll use, though.

>Imgur1
http://imgur.com/a/wZgOw/all
>Imgur2
http://imgur.com/a/NGWh6/all
(We should probably decide which of these we want soon)

>PasteBins
http://pastebin.com/dQLT2KXF

>/vp/ Playlist Form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TSjhrO2pGIwH1Y5Rfofb42cbv_PhhR2kNxb8bQ16qLA/viewform?usp=send_form

Sorry for the silence, guys, but we're back up! If I'm forgetting something let me know--I'll actually be around this time. Keep it comfy.
>>
File: HBI7tpxh.jpg (64 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
HBI7tpxh.jpg
64 KB, 1024x576
So, does the event take place on the whole weekend?
To be honest, i feel like having everything here on /qa/ kinda killed the momentum.
>>
>>350214
Over the weekend, yes.
And I kinda feel the same way too. it would have been more interesting if discussion and OC flowed between the participant boards, and not just bound to /qa/.
>>
File: 1444845262448.png (97 KB, 445x550) Image search: [Google]
1444845262448.png
97 KB, 445x550
Thanks, kind anon, for making a new one. Finally have a day off and I come back and everything was dead. Got a little depressed seeing that...

Anyways, we need to figure out where the hell we're doing this. Here are the two rooms in progress. Talk about which you like, mess around with them, etc:

Cytube: http://derpy.me/P9nVt
Dubtrack: https://derpy.me/H90Io

Both were created by different people from the IRC if I'm remembering right so if they're either here or still lurking there we could talk about changes if we can make any. The cytube was in the middle of having scripts done for it but I believe it didn't get finished. I was made a mod on the dubtrack so we'd at least know someone could do something in the room if it got out of hand. We can also always just make a new one. Up to you.

>>350214
>>350228
For real. I mean at least we have a thread at all, but qa created a lot of confusion. Especially since the nexus committee thread became a total disaster. Starting so early also hurt us quite a lot. It's been a pretty time for us at least. I think I'll try to make one more /tg/ thread not at 5am since I finally have a day off.

We're getting there. Have no idea how this is going to play out. We can at least have some fun, though.
>>
I really want to see a wedding scene for A Tux For Teej
>>
>>350680
Ditto
>>
>>350672
Okay so the /qa/ nexus thread is beyond redemption. I intend to make a /tg/ thread tomorrow since I get off work early. Here are the options I'm proposing:

1) We host the winter ball through one of the two channels and let whichever boards still around know directly without talking in the nexus thread.
2) We ignore the ball completely and have our own party after we try to warm back up. Give some time for the draw/artfriends, some of whom still intend to do some stuff but are running out of time.

Or we can do something else. I will support whatever decision you guys make.
>>
>>351711
*something other than one of the two channels
I meant a new one so we can appoint new mods since I have no clue where everyone went
>>
>>351711
>>351716
I support option 1.

There are people in the other boards (even the notorious, shitposting ones) that genuinely want to have fun with this ball; I say we don't leave them in the dark.
>>
>>351711
Option 1, as long as the Nexus thread is out of the loop, then im happy.
>>
And it all happened so fast.

What the hell caused the Nexus thread to turn to shit, anyway?
>>
>>352330
Doesn't matter, and we shouldn't talk about it here.
>>
>>352333
M-My bad
>>
>>352336
Ignore him, let's talk about it.

I think it's /pol/'s fault.
>>
Any word from /tg/ or /x/?
>>
>>352343
Couple of /tg/ are around, but we mostly are just loiter in the #winterball channel.
>>
File: index.php.jpg (461 KB, 1300x1230) Image search: [Google]
index.php.jpg
461 KB, 1300x1230
poke
>>
/tg/ thread is up: >>>/tg/43727478

I'll get to work on the dubtrack room right away and should post it soon. Then I guess I'll pester the IRC for anyone wanting to mod or whatever.
>>
>>352889
Here you go. Still not entirely sure what I'm doing.

https://derpy.me/blm2k

I think I'll wait until midday EST tomorrow to post the room to others. I want to give the nexus thread some time to prove they can't handle it. If they can, great. Less work for me. If they can't then we're prepared. If they do it and it's terrible we can just splinter off. I don't want to jump the gun at an awkward time of day. This ball has been too full of that shit. Though if you want we can coordinate a plan of how to hit people up for it.

If any of you want to mod or something let me know through the IRC. You've been dedicated to this, and I'll need help.
>>
Okay so with the room having a few mods I think things are ready. When would be a good time to start hitting up the other boards? Who should we hit up? Here's who I remember participating and care enough about to approach:

/mlp/ x /d/
/cgl/ x /fa/
[s4s] and /int/
/cm/ x /fit/ x /y/ (/cm/ is the only board with an unpruned thread still up I believe)

And that's all I remember. I figured we should approach them in the evening EST since that's when last year had a better turnout.
>>
>>354042
>[s4s] and /int/
I ain't too sure about that.
>>
I'm starting this party now. Posting again: https://derpy.me/blm2k

I'll invite the mlp x d thread next. I'm not really sure what we should do about the others. If anyone knows if the cgl x fa chatrooms are still active please let them know.

Come on in, everyone. Let's have a comfy time.
>>
>>354249
The room is cozy.
Well done Rocannon.
>>
>>354263
It's your ball, you guys are the ones doing it. I just did my best to facilitate things. Didn't want to give up on this event, even if we did lose a lot of momentum...
>>
>>43728885
I find it funny that /vp/ always ends up in the most unlikely pairings.
>>
>>354371
/tg/vp/x/ have a lot more in common than you think, anon.
>>
>>354888
This, Pokemon is centered around adventure, exploring, fighting and monsters, all staples of /tg/.

And /x/ and /tg/ used to have huge crossover in posters and topics because of horror based games and worldbuilding/storytelling.
>>
Do we want to plan an afterparty or something? Some sort of last thing as just our group? The ball is comfy but a capstone thing between us might be nice.
>>
>>355571
I kinda want an afterparty as well. But I fear that it'd be dragging this thing on for too long when it already has been.
>>
>>355895
Maybe just keep this thread as the afterparty and however it dies will be the conclusion of the event. I think we're all too exhausted for this whole thing and maybe talking a little bit about how to go about it next year so it isn't so chaotic would be nice.
>>
>>356446
Chaotic?
>>
>>356461
There were so many things that made us lose traction though: the hotpockets, the timing, the Malaysia drama. I'm more just curious as to how we can be more flexible, if possible. Provided any of us are even around next year.

Mainly the chaos with the nexus thread is weighing on me. I feel like I kind of just let it happen and let it slow the momentum with us. But I guess there's only so much I can do...
>>
>>356479
Nothing much happened, last year was much nicer, I think the main issue this year was the effort to concentrate things.
>>
What say we keep the dubtrack room around for the board-tan thread's general use? I don't want to have to wait for 12 more months just to listen to other anons' shit/god-tier tastes.
>>
>>356964
I like that idea. Maybe make a new IRC for the tan general since the op kinda disappeared?
>>
>>357559
Been a while since I dropped by, and it looks like I missed things. There an IRC out there people are still frequenting? I'd like to catch up/generally relax with whoever's left. Most of the people who were on Rizon back when I was using it were pretty chill.
>>
>>358361
Hell, I didn't even know there was an IRC in the first place. I'd like to know this too.

So... what's the plan for next year. Are we going to have the Ball during December or January as a number of anons suggested? Is it still going to be rooted here in /qa/?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.