[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make a Casual Anime Board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 13
Hiro please. I'm trying to get into anime and don't know much about it. I try to get some recommendations on /a/ only to get shitposted to death or flat out banned. I try to learn more about anime but /a/ refuses to help and actively tries to hinder me and others:

>ask for recommendations
Banned
>ask where to view/download anime
Banned
>ask if an anime has been translated from Japanese
Banned
>ask what anime/author/character someone else posted
Banned

This is ridiculous and unfair. It would be like walking in a classroom with no books provided, no lessons taught by the teacher, and if you ask the teacher a question you automatically fail.

Please Hiro, we need a n00b friendly anime board or at least tone down the mods on /a/.
>>
>is this movie or show good?
Allowed on /tv/
>is this game good?
Allowed on /v/
>is this car a good deal?
Allowed on /o/
>is this gun good?
Allowed on /k/
>is this destination good?
Allowed on /trv/
>is this part/software good?
Allowed on /g/
>is this anime good?
Banned on /a/

Literally makes zero (0) sense.
>>
>>346956
That's because /a/ isn't shit :^)
>>
>>346952
>ask for recommendations
Google it. There's even a fucking /a/ wiki.

>ask where to view/download anime
Google it.

>ask if an anime has been translated from Japanese
>watching dubs
Even then, you have MAL.

>ask what anime/author/character someone else posted
Reverse image search

>It would be like walking in a classroom with no books provided
Google.

Recommendation threads get that response because idiots like you keep asking the same questions every time. There was a sticky for recommendations and people still made threads asking for recommendations.

When proved that you have searched in Google about an image, people do answer because that's how it has to be, one has to try do it himself before trying to make others do their dirty work.

tldr: give a man a fish and all that follows.
>>
>>346957

Then why aren't the same standards enforced on other boards?

>>346959

>just Google it

Then there's literally no point for any discussion on 4chan.
>>
>>346961
>Then why aren't the same standards enforced on other boards?
Because non-weebs are retards that can't into quality. It's that simple.
>>
>>346961
>Then there's literally no point for any discussion on 4chan.
It's /a/ - Anime and Manga, not /a/ - Recommendations and tutorials. Anime is discussed, manga is discussed, how to watch anime and manga isn't discussed.

The threads are about current or old anime, about the plot, characters, or how much do you want to fuck x. They are to exchange opinions, not to solve your problems.
>>
You know I wouldn't mind the no rec threads rule on /a/ if there is a SFW /r/.
>>
>>346965

Please, weebs aren't some magical master race. Elitism is very unbecoming on 4chan.

>>346966

>recommendations on anime isn't anime

What's the point of the board then? It's unrealistic to expect people to just watch and know every anime. You can ask about cars on /o/ without having to have driven said car first.
>>
>>346982
>Please, weebs aren't some magical master race
But they're are. Have you seen some of the shit weebs have done?
>>
>>346982
>>recommendations on anime isn't anime
>>346959
>Recommendation threads get that response because idiots like you keep asking the same questions every time. There was a sticky for recommendations and people still made threads asking for recommendations.

>What's the point of the board then?
Anime.

>It's unrealistic to expect people to just watch and know every anime. You can ask about cars on /o/ without having to have driven said car first.
They can afford answering you because /o/ is considerably slower than /a/. The other posters on /a/ don't seem to have problems finding what anime to watch or how to watch it, why should you? You want a new board because you don't feel like writing "anime recommendations" on Google.
>>
>>346982
>the point of the board is to spoonfeed me animes
I feel like you're just baiting at this point.
>>
>>347003

The point of a board is to discuss something and that includes recommendations. Reading one guy's opinion on a wiki or blog isn't very helpful. Having a few dozens anons discuss it provides far more value.
>>
>>347021
Here a professional tip.

Okay?

Listen up.
Lurk more.
>>
>>347024

But not everyone wants to lurk more. Hence why we need to make a casual anime board.

/a/ can keep on doing what /a/ does and new users can dip their toes in without getting bullied or banned.
>>
>>347029
>But not everyone wants to lurk more
Not everyone wants to wear the seatbelts either but you have to do it or you'll die.
>>
>>347029
Isolating a group of people would only cause problems between the communities. You would create a new board culture, which you don't seem to like, and conflicts would arise because of crossboarders.

Just because you are a lazy fuck that wants to be spoonfed.
>>
>>346952
>>ask for recommendations
>google anime recommendations
>google /a/ anime recommendations

>>ask where to view/download anime
>how to download anime
>anime torrent
>torrent anime
>/a/ anime download
>anime download locations
>daiz

>>ask if an anime has been translated from Japanese
>anidb.net
>mal
>fucking check a torrent site fuckface

>>ask what anime/author/character someone else posted
>fucking reverse image search you retard 95% of the images can be found with the most basic ones
>the reminder 3% can be found with either the fucking archive or you putting some effort in
>if this has proven to given nothing fucking prove that you tried and chances are you will get an actual reply

/a/ isn't for newcomers, simple as that. If you want that environment, use the thousand other fucking communitys. But actual /a/nons don't want that environment, because it only causes the place to be shitted up. There is no need for a new board, as it serves no purpose
>>
>>347029
>But not everyone wants to lurk more.
And those people have never fucking need liked on 4chan in general. If you aren't willing to help yourself, you don't serve to post, simple as that
>>
>>346952
Typical newfag. Stupid, entitled, and can't use google or fuck off.
>>
>>346956
>>is this movie or show good?
>All answers are TV related memes
>>is this game good?
>Someone talks about what an e-celeb said
>>is this car a good deal?
>Met with more memes and "read the fucking sticky"
>>is this gun good?
>They will ask if it's a FAMAS, or will answer with >9mm
>>is this destination good?
>Dead board though
>>is this part/software good?
>All answers are "install gentoo" or "botnet"
>>is this anime good?
>Banned on /a/
>>
File: autism.jpg (53 KB, 458x545) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
53 KB, 458x545
>>347029
>>>/out/
>>
>>347057

This is the majority of 4chan now and has been for years. I blame our popularity and the widespread availability of Internet connected mobile devices.

/a/ will fall one day too. I see more and more normies talking about anime casually and openly. Even middle aged women are watching it. One day, the flood of newfags will too great for even /a/ to repell
>>
>>347064
>One day, the flood of newfags will too great for even /a/ to repell
Yeah, 4chan would be dead before that happen.
>>
>>347064
>/a/ will fall one day too. I see more and more normies talking about anime casually and openly. Even middle aged women are watching it. One day, the flood of newfags will too great for even /a/ to repell
Unless one day normalfags casually start talking about wanting to fuck a lolis kneepussy, I doubt that day will ever happen
>>
>>347066

All it takes is one huge shitstorm on /a/ one /a/ poster getting in the news for all the other boards' shitposting sense to start tingling and bam comes the flood.

It might not be today or tomorrow but one day it will happen.
>>
>>347064
There is no problem with newfags as an entity, the problem is that people don't feel like lurking and get to know the community anymore and think they are special snowflakes that should be treated like kings, just like OP.
>>
>>347075
>one /a/ poster getting in the news
>It was found that the suspect of shooting up a school used to post on the infamous website "four chyam". It was found on his computer that he posted things like "Horo mai waifu" and "S3 never ;_;" almost every day. The Pentagon top cryptologists are trying to figure out what he meant by that.
>>
>>347075
>one /a/ poster getting in the news for all the other boards' shitposting sense to start tingling and bam comes the flood
That's not how it work. At least for /a/.
>>
>>347075
In any case what would kill /a/ are generals (more than there currently are) splitting the users into communities until they are too different to coexist.
>>
>>346952

hey. HEY listen. i know the place that you're looking for. i swear it's better than /a/, the place your looking for is [spoiler] MAL now fuck off[/spoiler]
>>
>>346952
There is /vg/ so I don't see why not
>>
>>346982
>Elitism is very unbecoming on 4chan.
pffffffffffffffffffffff
>>
>>347029
fuck off
>>
>>346956
>>is this anime good?
>Banned on /a/
Lurk more.
You see plenty of what does /a/ think of X threads.
http://desustorage.org/a/search/text/what%20does%20%2Fa%2F%20think%20of/type/op/
It is just the threads like "I like naruto can you reccomend me some animes?" that get deleted.
>>
>>346952
>I try to get some recommendations
>>>/wsg/anime
>>
>>346952
What ever happened to lurk moar faggot?
>>
>>346956
>>is this part/software good?
>Allowed on /g/
AH HAHAHAHAHA
NO
>>
I think every media board should have a niche sub-board.
>>
File: this.png (39 KB, 392x200) Image search: [Google]
this.png
39 KB, 392x200
>>346952
>>346956
>>
This thread only proves that /a/'s elitism works as intended. Idiots like OP don't know how to use this site, they should just go to reddit or learn how to use google.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88 KB, 1440x1080
>>349409
>/a/'s elitism works as intended
>>
>>347029
Then not everyone belongs on /a/. I miss the days when retards like you would have been laughed off the entire site, not just one board.
>>
>>347179
Those threads should be banned on sight too.
>>
>>349415
He's getting banned for all the right reasons, so it clearly is working.
>>
>ITT authoritarian faggots messing with something they should not mess.
If you don't want a board for less faggot people, GTFO
>>
>>349427
>He's getting banned for all the right reasons

Wrong.
>>
>>349440
How so?
>>
>>349440
He got banned for being a newfag and a nuisance, not really seeing any problems.
>>
>>349466
YOU DONT OWN 4CHAN
>>
>>346952
>I'm trying to get into anime
Don't.
Watch mlp instead.
>>
Google "/a/ anime recommendations". There is a wiki which tells you just about everything you could ask.

Noobs typically grossly misunderstand anime and are prone to throwing tantrums against the actual way the industry runs, and refuse to accept that /a/ likes entire concepts incomprehensible to them. It's a 24/7 headache to deal with and a lot of casuals don't actually like anime as a whole but just a couple cherrypicked shows most-similar to Western media experiences. Which makes them shitty to have around /a/ who long got over the culture shock factor that turns away many casuals once they actually get into the medium.

There is no analog to this process in boards for other media so quit fucking comparing /a/'s behavior to others in this aspect. You do not hit a real cultural wall trying to see new Western movies and TV, quite the opposite actually. /a/ is for people who scaled the wall because most of the board is about currently-airing series in Japan (because the many old series were discussed to death years ago).
>>
Shut up you faggot.
OP is right, /a/ is a circlejerk, is broken and it needs a fix.
>>
>>349471
Neither do you, so stop trying to change boards you don't even browse.
>>
>>349510
>implying you know what I browse
How do you suppose to know that faggot?
>>
>>349504
/a/ works just fine

also hilarious calling /a/ a circlejerk, it's actually more contentious as a community now than at any point in the past
>>
>>349515
You must like hitler, because you are an authoritarian just like him.
>>
>>349481
/a/ actually does have a sizable newfag population, they manage to survive on the board by simply lurking in the de-facto DB Super generals.
>>
>>349521
You have to be 18 to post on this site kid.
>>
>>349525
Is that a yes? You are an actual nazi and felt itchy when we discover that?
Makes me laugh.

Fuck out of here, people want things, deal with it nazi.
>>
>>349535
Seriously, kid. Come back when you're over 18.
>>
>>349535
You would have to be around 14 years old to think calling somebody a nazi invalidates their argument. Or to even think most of 4chan's population would take it as an insult.

So I'm chalking it up to you being both underage and extremely new.
>>
File: 3qx8yo.jpg (30 KB, 269x310) Image search: [Google]
3qx8yo.jpg
30 KB, 269x310
>>349539
>>349540
>implying anyone is underage just because he is butthurt
>>
>>349479
/mlp/ and its fans are very much dogs barking up the wrong tree. They think their shit is unique when really it is just reinventing the wheel trying to do what some types of anime do, only far more limited (just one show) and tied down with a far worse fandom heavily tinted with furfags.

Basically if someone truly aware of what both sides offer voluntarily chooses ponies and their horrific fandom, they are unwanted on /a/ by default. Ponyfags who come to their senses tend to abandon ponies and become moefags on /a/, not the other way around.
>>
File: 1442976897436.png (44 KB, 706x674) Image search: [Google]
1442976897436.png
44 KB, 706x674
Nazichan BTFO
>>
>>349545
>furfags
>Ponyfags
>moefags
>anyone else but him is a fag
That is what I call /pol/ in action.
>>
>>349542
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
>>
>>349559
The stupid claims someone is underage because is buttmad. Everything after discovering he is a nazi.

Speaking about literal cancer.
>>
Sorry nazichan, no, I am not underage.

Now, STOP doxxing you fucking authoritarian.
>>
>>349562
>>349563
>>349547
Your spam is really obvious.
>>
>>347029
Then you don't belong on 4chan. Period. Fuck off.
>Hence why we need to make a casual anime board.
Literally kill yourself.
>>
File: 1429730968448.jpg (195 KB, 763x793) Image search: [Google]
1429730968448.jpg
195 KB, 763x793
>>346952
could you imagine all the blue hairs swarming to that board to post their sailor moon and other 90s anime memes?
>>
>>347029

>But not everyone wants to lurk more. Hence why we need to make a casual anime board.

You know, I was on your side at the start, because those weeb fags don't even know their history and how that elitism started (psssst, your faggot weeb ancestors got trolled by FYAD/ /b/ and that's why they took on that role to avoid being trolled), but if "i don't wanna lurk more!" is seriously an argument you're using, fuck off.

>/a/ can keep on doing what /a/ does and new users can dip their toes in without getting bullied or banned.

>worried about getting "bullied"
>on the internet
>on 4chan

Just kill yourself, kid. At the start you were right, but now you're just showing that you said all of this because you're an overly sensitive faggot.
>>
>>346952
How to make a recc thread on /a/
>google an anime
>within the OP post a picture of a waifu from that anime calling her a shit, a hyperbolic claim that it rips off an older anime, or an accusation that only normies/reddit//v/ like it
>wait about 25 minutes so that OP bump cooldown ends
>Post "Hey, I see that this show has nice waifus, is it worth a watch?"
>Receive 2+ answers
>Let thread 404
>Repeat

And knowing is half the battle.

Now go watch Chaika and Madoka Magica
>>
>>347029
Fuck Off
>>
>>346952
>asking /a/ for recs
>gets banned
Did you even read the rules you newfag?
>>
>>349753
>implying FYAD was even good
Literally autism in a can.
>>
>>349761
>Hey, I see that this show has nice waifus, is it worth a watch?"
You would get told to fuck off for using the /co/cksucker version of waifu, no one says that on /a/ crossposter
>>
File: 1443924361099.jpg (102 KB, 500x1200) Image search: [Google]
1443924361099.jpg
102 KB, 500x1200
>>347029
>make a casual anime board
That already exists. It's called reddit. Instead of forcing a place to be like what you want, why not go to other places that actually do accommodate you? The wonderful thing about the internet is that you can form a community about any damn thing. So why so narrow minded and keep trying to force a square peg into a round hole?
>>
File: 1447523912048.jpg (13 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1447523912048.jpg
13 KB, 400x300
>>346952
>This is ridiculous and unfair
Too fucking bad. You could literally use Google for each of these.
You want a noob-friendly board? Go to ANN.
>>
>>349761
the OP bump is only 15 mintues
>>
>>347029
It's called reddit, dipshit
>>
>>349847

They formed /b/ early on and trolled ADTRW who made up the original /a/. I know FYAD is shit. SA in general is shit and I can't even give my account away for free, that's how shit it is.
>>
>>347029
Then leave. 4chan isn't a hugbox, you aren't special.
>>
>>347029

this is the current posting state of 4chan

kill yourself
>>
>>346966
This anon speaks the truth

>>346982
This anon is a fucking retard
>>
>>346952
>I try to get some recommendations on /a/ only to get shitposted to death or flat out banned
They're doing you a favor. Anime is shit.
>>
File: 1447834236724.png (104 KB, 1322x509) Image search: [Google]
1447834236724.png
104 KB, 1322x509
Oh here that post is.
>>
>>350280
>>>/b/
>>
>>350291
Surely you meant >>>/v/ instead, /a/-kun.
>>
I want to protect OP from the bullies
>>
>>346952
/a/nti-fun board.
Elitism is good, but too much is shit.
Should make a /ag/ board for anime general.
At this time, I don't even mad if someone insult anime because /a/. Because they're fucking right, at least /a/.
/a/ once have a joke that people hate anime because they're anti-fun now looks at them, they always mad or butthutt because simple thing.
>>
>>350319
If people don't like anime because of /a/, they're just blaming /a/ as a cop-out. You never liked anime, fine. But keep your unwelcome opinion to yourself.
>>
>>350518
there was a series that i enjoyed discussing in /a/ for many months up until a few of the threads were so bad they gave me trauma and even thinking about the series caused me great distress

even today i find it hard to enjoy anything related to the series
>>
>>350518
>Never liked anime
Don't take shit out of your ass anon, I just watch some anime recently and post anime-related in other board but not /a/.
I don't mad when people say they hate anime and blame /a/ because /a/ is a bad board, if /a/ good then I will mad.
The new culture makes it not fit with the site itself like >>346956 say
Asking is banned like the Op say, but more other thing also been banned and it only happens in the /a/ board so that's why I want a /ag/ board.
>>
>>350532
>>350540
I know at least one of these post is a joke but I hope they both are
>>
>>350540
Post like a real fucking humanbean, you fucking retard and that if you don't like it, go use a different forum for anime dissusions, you shit for brains fuckface faggot. You aren't welcomed, fuck off
>>
>>350551
The lowercase one is probably a joke because some people use lowercase as "joking language" but the one in bad English seems depressingly genuine. ESLs tend to be completely serious a lot of the time.
>>
>>350555
This was pretty much my suspicion, he should grow some thicker skin
>>
>>350555
nah it's a real story, when i get mad i stay mad it's a real problem

i type in lowercase so that people will know that i am a retard, in case there's ever any uncertainty (it has been occasionally known to happen)

>>350559
help help i'm being triggered
>>
>>350570
We already concluded it was a joke. This post was completely unnecessary, it's like when you have to explain the joke. It ruins it.
>>
>>350554
I don't post in /a/, are you retarded or just can't read?
I want to have some fun with anime in 4chan, but /a/ not allowed it because fun is not allowed , so I want /ag/.
/a/nger like you is the reason why /a/ become so horrible now, butthutt in everything.
And why I need you welcome? I'm not that desperate, just keep crying alone and don't welcome me, thanks.
If /ag/ not being created anyway, I will post animu in other board, like the old time.
>>
>>350585
Your English is not the best, so you should probably refrain from asking if people can read it.
>>
>>350585
Hey faggot. Have you ever thought that maybe this site is not for you and you shouldn't come here? You clearly aren't enjoying this and we don't want you here.
>>
File: Thumb.jpg (29 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
Thumb.jpg
29 KB, 474x595
>>350591
Visit /int/ too much.
>>350591
>This site is not for you, it's for me !!!!
Okay then.
>>
All my years on 4chan and I've never been to /a/ since I'm not interested in it.

What's it really like on /a/?
>>
>>350591
>>350596
Sorry mate, 2nd reply to the wrong one.
>>350592
>>
>>350597
If you're not into anime, don't bother. We don't like people who don't fit in.
>>
>>350597
It varies a lot between the threads. If you post certain things or act like an idiot/outsider you will get torn to shreds.
>>
>>350597
Just like any smaller board but because it's popular people think they can post anything and act like newfags.
>>
>>350611

>act like newfags

I'll bite.

How exactly does a newfag act like?
>>
>>350621
Ask for source or recommendations.
>>
>>350621
Like this.
>>350625
And sometime like this.
>>346431
And get banned.
>>
>>346952
Watch Jojo brah
>>
>>346952
[s4s] is what you're looking for.
>>
/a/ just has a huge HUGE superiority complex in its culture.
And part of it is hating on recommendation threads as it could "make newfags invade" as if to maintain the illusion that /a/ anons are all the best of the best.
You wont force these threads onto them, its part of the board culture to act this way.
Just google anime recommendations OP
>>
>>351248

> board culture

Please stop this meme?
>>
/a/ has literally an entire wikia JUST for anime and manga recommendations. If you can't even do a basic google search I don't know why you're making threads on 4chan.
>>
>>351261
I dont know what you are implying because the word meme doesnt mean anything anymore
If you mean is a lie then youd be wrong, the culture as in way of posting and behaving is quite different in /a/ than in most other boards. /a/ is very insecure trying to police you all the time if you post something that isnt "right", like a non anime picture or certain words.

>>351262
So does every other board, rec threads are completely harmless and its only /a/´s wanting to feel secure from "newfags" which caused the stigma.
>>
File: 1435818999118.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1435818999118.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>>351272
>rec threads are completely harmless
What a fucking joke. I sure do love seeing the exact same threads on /v/ every single day with the exact same replies.
>hey /v/, what are the good MMOs right now?
>hey /v/, what order do I play the MGS games in?
>how do I get into final fantasy/SMT/dragon quest?
>what are some good games with x?
>queue the same regurgitated answers
The biggest problem with recommendation threads is that they are a blackhole for contributions. You are essentially asking the entire board to drop any pretenses of having a basic conversation and list you random shit (that has already been said THOUSANDS of times before, mind you) that you may or may not like because for some reason you are too high and mighty to lurk like the rest of us.

I wish /v/ had the initiative of /a/. Maybe then the people on /v/ would actually play something other than the same 40 games.
>>
>>351340
Most of the time the rec threads on /v/ are the most civil and interesting you will encounter there you stupid frogposter because people start talking about the games being posted as well.
>>
>>351340
Ironic considering /a/ only talks about the same 20 anime over and over.
>>
File: 1445667788746.jpg (26 KB, 334x372) Image search: [Google]
1445667788746.jpg
26 KB, 334x372
>>351348
>and interesting
With people like you on the board now, there really is no hope for /v/. They are civil because it's the EXACT SAME recommendations EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THREAD. And unless you are from /b/ and think seeing the same posts day in and day out interesting (which it really sounds like) then it sure as fuck isn't interesting or even fucking helpful.

Do you enjoy 3x3 threads where people post Megaman X/FalloutNV/Super Mario World/System Shock 2/Mountain Blade over and over and every reply is mahniggamahniggamahnigga?
>>351363
/a/ has threads about new anime too. And people actually reply with something other than garbage. But maybe that's just cause /a/ actually watches anime but /v/ avoids playing anything that isn't heavily marketed.
>>
>>349740
but I like Sailor Moon.
and why is a mexican trying to pull that look off? she's too brown
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.