[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Status of Teaching Feeling threads on /v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 16
File: 1447432595112.png (1 MB, 1048x2090) Image search: [Google]
1447432595112.png
1 MB, 1048x2090
>>345233
>>346281

New thread because someone apparently doesn't want the admin finding out about this.
>>
At this point, it should go to /vg/. It's just the same discussion over and over.
>>
>>346300
with those red marks around her neck it looks like someones been teaching her the feeling of being strangled
>>
>>346386
Those are burn scars.
>>
oh shit this is from the same dev as love at first sight. Damaged girls are the best, I might try this.
>>
What the fuck is with these anal-ravaged mods going after some random h-game
>>
>>346442
It'll never get an official translation though, because Sekai Project is a dumb company that only localizes censored or all-ages games. Generally stolen fan translations, too. And for the cherry on top, they KICKSTART these stolen fan translations.
>>
>>346358
you could literally (literally) say that about any thread on /v/ at any point in time.
>>
>>346597
Is it true sekai project steals fantranslations?
>>
>>346607
Yes. Off the top of my head, they literally just did it for G-Senjou no Maou.

And you know what he says when people call him out on it? "You aren't my audience. I'll make sure to keep ruining visual novels for you."
>>
>>346611
Proof?
>>
>>346300
>>>/jp/
>>
>>346619
http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Template:G-sen_scripts

Script for the G-Senjou fan translation. It's the exact same.

There's a ton more but it would be rather exhausting for me to go over all of it here alone so you can ask for more information at >>>/jp/14354146. They're good at pulling up all the evidence quickly. Heck, I'll even ask for you, if you want.
>>
>>346631
Do you have links to post where they are being called out on stealing translation?
[spoiler]I want new reasons to hate them.[/spoiler]
>>
>>346640
Unfortunately Dovac (the CEO) deleted his Reddit account and regularly wipes his twitter account (both in meager attempts to hide these things) so the links wouldn't show much, but the /jp/ thread will probably have screencaps. I dropped off a post there so we'll see if they can help out.
>>
>>346647
But anon, dovac isn't sekai project's CEO. That's Kanna and Shini.
Shini being the guy who said anyone who likes Kud should be sent in jail. And Kanna being a lolicon from Canada who's scared shitless to be jailed.
>>
>>346653
Actually, Kanna is an alternate username for Doddler, a freelancer who works for all of the big three. Shini, I believe is Ixrec's girlfriend.
>>
>>346657
Nah I've known Kanna for a long time, I know for sure he's not Doddler. He used to work for The Triad fansub group.
>>
>>346661
Have you asked him why Sekai Project is such shit?
>>
Ok, what exactly is "hotpocket" supposed to mean in this context?
>>
>>346692
Last time I talked to him he was butthurt because I was shitting on his group for forcing JAST to censor Kokoro. Never seem him ever again on IRC. I guess he couldn't deal with people criticizing him on his choices, so he stays in his hugbox irc channels where everyone will tell his group made the right choice. It's so much better like that, right?
>>
>>346695
That sounds fitting for Sekai Project. Rather than actually addressing criticism they always take this stupid "haters gonna hate" attitude.
>>
I think you're going rather off topic here, guys. This thread is to point out that a mod has taken a vendetta against Teaching Feeling threads, and the absurdity and inconsistency of visual novel allowance on /v/.
>>
>>346704
True, which is why I came in and asked what hotpocket means.
>>
>>346705
You're the only one who's said hotpocket in this thread.
>>
>You were issued a warning for posting >>>/v/316734338 (Dead).
>Complaining about 4chan (its policies, moderation, etc) on the imageboards may result in post deletion and a ban.
There's clearly no option for reasonable discourse here.

>>346309
It's not being enforced. The Umaru VN thread hit 500 posts and then expired naturally. Phoenix Wright and Dangan Ronpa threads have always been allowed on /v/, despite being visual novels.
>>
>>346707
Both of the linked posts in the OP say hotpocket, dumbass.
>>
>>346708
How the heck did they get a 500 post thread out of the Umaru VN when it's in Japanese and not even out...
>>
>>346709
So, you're the only one who said hotpocket in this thread.
>>
>>346711
Umaru is nothing but shitposting in general. The Vita game existing is just an excuse to make threads about it on /v/.
>>
>>346708
It's only being enforced when the mod doesn't like the content. It's probably the same mod who deleted the "What games let you play as a little girls" threads. He's an American mod as it's usually on American times he'd delete those threads when they were created. So we couldn't even talk about games like Coropata anymore as a result. He has also been known for deleting Disgaea threads as well from what I've noticed.
>>
>>346713
ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION!
>>
>>346720
Hotpocket refers to the moderation staff, newfag.
>>
>>346716
>"What games let you play as a little girls" threads

Incidentally, what are some of these games?
>>
>>346721
...What? How did it end up with that meaning? I don't understand.
>>
>>346726
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdC_Cu9X4wc
>>
>>346723
Coropata was one of those. I was actually also wondering hence the threads. There are sadly not that many games. But yeh that's not the subject of this thread.
>>
>>346734
Off the top of my head Umihara Kawase is another one.
>>
>>346358
/vg/ is only for long-term, non-stop discussion of something. Undertale belongs on /vg/, this doesn't unless people are still constantly making threads 2 months from now.
>>
not video games, you guys are so fucking autistic about this shit.

>>>/trash/

no one in those threads ever discussed the VN it was always blogposting
>>
File: 1308477303356.png (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1308477303356.png
14 KB, 300x300
>>347042
>not video games
>>
And another thread was deleted for no apparent reason. Please control your moderation staff Hiro.
>>
>>346989
That's not quite right. /vg/ is for generals. If it's not a general, post it on /v/.
>>
File: Capture.png (46 KB, 831x308) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
46 KB, 831x308
>one occasional thread is classified as a general now

That's not how it works, mod-kun.
>>
>>347892
can we make consolewar threads generals
>>
>>347892
>deletes this but not the constant FO4 and Xenoblade threads

This mod is an idiot.
>>
I don't understand. Is /v/ not allowed to have good threads anymore?

Numerous ecchi image dump threads are allowed to go auto-sage and then be archived, multiple off-topic threads are still up, but a thread topic where no one is arguing except shit bait that no one takes isn't allowed?

If YMK got a re-release, would it be banned from /v/ too?

This is fucking nonsense.
>>
>>347892
>You were issued a warning! ;_:
>pic: YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED
Why don't we have warning pictures yet?
>>
>>348449
Because all of those ban pictures were made literally ten years ago. Nobody has the artistic talent to make more.
>>
>>347991
>Numerous ecchi image dump threads are allowed to go auto-sage and then be archived
It's called the bump limit, not auto-sage.
>>
File: 1447759327588.png (89 KB, 416x379) Image search: [Google]
1447759327588.png
89 KB, 416x379
>>>/v/316898186

Surprised this one hasn't been deleted yet. Let's see how long it lasts.
>>
>>>/a/
>>>/jp/
>>>/e/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>348727
>retards who can't even pronounce Hisao

Why am I not surprised. Americans are the laziest motherfuckers on the planet, can't be assed to learn anything about a language that isn't their own.
>>
>>348734
Fuck off faggot. If Danganronpa, Life is Strange and other stuff with minimal gameplay is allowed then the same should apply to this one too.
>>
>>348739
Danganronpa actually has quite a bit of gameplay so that is a really bad example.
>>
>>348741
So does this one. You can give the girl items, improve relationship points, make choices, etc.
>>
>>348762
But can you walk around the school or play DDR?
>>
>>348741
Dangan Ronpa and Phoenix Wright have gameplay on par with many visual novels. Sengoku Rance is certainly more of a game than either of them.
Teaching Feeling isn't even a fucking VN, it's a raising sim.
Utawarerumono is a classic example of a game that's half VN and half SRPG. Should that be allowed on /v/ or not?

This stupid idea of classifying VNs as being acceptable on /v/ or not based on a completely subjective and arbitrary quantification of how much "gameplay" they have is fucking absurd.
>>
>>348769
Yes, Utawarerumono should definitely be allowed, as should Tears to Tiara and so on. It's a fucking SRPG, of course it's a game.

Danganronpa and Phoenix Wright are more along the lines of point and click adventures such as Monkey Island or Grim Fandango. Which are, of course, allowed.
>>
>>348773
Why is a raising sim not a game then? Princess Maker is most definitely a game. Dating sims are certainly games rather than visual novels, given that they revolve around managing a calendar and stats and affection points to clear.
What about Analogue: A Hate Story? That's a visual novel but it has gameplay in the form of you inputting console commands to put together the story and manage events. Where does the line between "VN with enough gameplay to be allowed" and "VN with not enough gameplay to be allowed" get drawn, especially when it's a subjective matter to begin with, and there is zero clarification on the matter by any rules?
>>
>>348781
I dunno, I'm just posting what I know about. I don't have any opinion about this mod incident, especially since I don't actually go to /v/.
>>
>>348781
>where does the line get drawn?
Wherever the mods draw it, retard. Just post on >>>/trash/ already. You people are making a huge deal out of fucking nothing.
>>
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/316898186/

>this faggot actually deleted the thread when it was near bump limit

What the hell is wrong with this fucking mod? Can Hiro just fire his ass already.

>>349165
There's a strong chance that you're the butthurt hotpocketer himself since you showed up here the moment it was deleted.
>>
VNs belong on /vg/.

If mods consider it a VN just make or join a general in /vg/ about it.
>>
Where can i get a translated version of Dorei to no Seikatsu? I haven't played a VN in a long time and i used to get them from Fuwanovel but it seems to be down.

Have a cute 2hu in exchange.
>>
>>349175
If I was a mod I'd just move this thread to /trash/
>>
>>346300
Never saw any of those threads but judgng by your posted image you should know very well why it belongs in /trash/.
>>
>>346694
Just /sp/ memes stolen and spammed to death by 8gagger kids, ignore every post with it.
>>
File: 1436527981185.jpg (68 KB, 420x347) Image search: [Google]
1436527981185.jpg
68 KB, 420x347
I was having a good Persona thread without waifu wars or shit talking about the game and it was deleted by the mod. I just don't understand why he would have deleted it.
>>
>>349165
So the mods should just be able to do whatever they feel like? Sounds like a great moderation standard.
>>
>>348762
There's exactly one relationship meter and almost everything you do makes it go up. Everything else is a sex meter.
>>
>>349329
I'm saying that the moderation staff should be the ones that decide where blurry lines are drawn on moderation policies. You're being a butthurt child over the fact that you've been drawn on the side of this line that you disagree with, and are sitting here crying foul instead of actually doing something like moving to /trash/ or submitting feedback, or just plain leaving the site of you're so upset about it. Get over yourself, it's a fucking anime with clicks.
>>
I still think that its a VN and should be on /vg/, but now I'm wondering about something else.

If a game has a general on /vg/, should threads about said game be allowed on /v/?

I mean, I see a lot of people bitching about how there are so many Fallout threads, which I can sympathize with. There are indeed a shitton of fallout threads on /v/. That being said, having 5 fallout threads on /v/ and having a fallout general on /vg/ seems redundant. It would make sense to direct threads to /vg/, but at the same time I can't deny that even if the threads are redundant they are undeniably on-topic.
>>
>>349360
>I'm saying that the moderation staff should be the ones that decide where blurry lines are drawn on moderation policies.
And I'm saying that there shouldn't be blurry lines to begin with. The fact that the lines are blurry is what creates these situations.
>submitting feedback
What do you think this thread is? What do you think contacting Hiro is?
>>
A Steins;Gate thread was deleted. It seems like they're targeting all VNs now.
>>
>>346300
I found a torrent for this but it's japanese only I think, where can I get an english language pack? Or where can I download an english version?
google doesn't return too many results for this
>>
>>346611
Can the translators sue?
>>
>>346300
The real question is the status VN on /v/. A thread dedicated to VNs recently got deleted.
>>
Reminder to send feedback about this to Hiro: https://twitter.com/4chan
>>
>>350070
It's a damage control attempt in order to not look inconsistent.
>>
>>350171
so are VN only allowed on /jp/ now even though this never happened until some mod got butthurt over Teaching Feeling?

Because nobody going to go scouring /vg/ for threads about random VN
>>
>>350177
Yeah, I never saw VN threads getting deleted until the Teaching Feeling fiasco happened recently.
That's one thing you shouldn't forget to tell Hiro about by the way.
>>
>>350177
maybe there should be a /wc/-western culture board for all those adventure games like Life is Strange. In my opinion, VNs and adventure games play in exactly the same way.
>>
This guy's a loose-cannon.
>>350186
If it has actual gameplay, even if its just minor puzzles or even just fucking walking, it should be allowed on /v/. If it's just words and some choices, it should go to /jp/.
>>350099
http://pastebin.com/sfUW2jT1
That's all I know.
>>
>>349377
It's the first few weeks of the release of a major title, of course there's going to be a ton of threads about Fallout 4. Give it a month or so and they'll die down.

>>348781
>>349165
Just personal opinion, but where I'd draw the line between VN and Dating sims/Raising sims/etc if this.

Games that are entirely just a story that you can push a button to make a choice in like Katawa Shoujo or Nekopara are VNs. Extra things like relationship meters or whatever do not change this, you're still just reading the graphic version of a choose-your-own-adventure novel.

However, games like Teaching Feeling or Princess Maker are different, because you're not just reading a story and making a choice occasionally, even if there are parts like that. You manage your relationships and whatnot via menu screen with multiple options that can effect your relationship in various ways, so they belong on /v/.

Things like Telltale games, Phoenix Wright, or Danganronpa also go into the /v/ category, because they are point n click, puzzle, etc games that happen to have VN-style dialogue segments.
>>
File: 1447728320839.gif (989 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
1447728320839.gif
989 KB, 500x452
>>350203
So by your logic, you are implying that all western-made visual novels belong on a board dedicated to Japanese culture.
Makes sense.
>>
>>350246
I imagine those would go to /vg/. I don't know. It's a hard topic.
>>
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/316993080/
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/316998651/

The cúck strikes again.

How long do you think he's gonna keep up with it? Is getting Hiro's attention the only way to solve the problem?
>>
>>>/v/316991330

The cúck mod thinks this completely off-topic shit is totally fine though. I've seen it get deleted during other timezones.
>>
>>350374
Sorry, but kyuke is not a word.
>>
>>350139
No, because it's just enough of a legal gray area for them not to be able to. Another reason why Sekai Project is garbage, they abuse stuff like this.
>>
>>350476
They also use kunrei-shiki, the worst of all romanisation systems.
>>
>>350485
Yeah, that is actually really fucking bad. But not surprising since their translations are shit all around.
>>
I do find it very strange that with all the shit threads here that get left alone, that last one is the only one that someone fucked with. I don't care much about this game but I do hope that Hiro finds out and takes appropriate action, for the sake of justice.
>>
>>350250
No it's not. VNs belong on /v/.
>>
>>350508
No they don't.
>>
File: visual novels are fine here.png (64 KB, 681x414) Image search: [Google]
visual novels are fine here.png
64 KB, 681x414
>>350537
Old mods disagree.
>>
>>>/v/317004123
Well this one hit 250 posts and then got killed, despite the release of a translation.
>>
>>350571
He didn't use an apostrophe on the second its, that changes the meaning completely.
>>
File: 1440061399457.jpg (7 KB, 213x250) Image search: [Google]
1440061399457.jpg
7 KB, 213x250
I've never seen a thread with this many booty blasted people. Why the fuck don't you just make a general on /vg/ and see what happens?
>>
>>350574
Link me the archived version.
>>
>>350579
You should have a plug-in to do that automatically.
>>
>>350580
I don't, so show me how.
>>
>>350583
Google 4chan-X.
>>
File: 1401028279519.jpg (54 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
1401028279519.jpg
54 KB, 354x367
>>349241
>persona threads
>good
>without waifu wars or shit talking
>>
>>350161
Like that guy will listen to anything not /a/ crying about shit no one needs or 8gags tell him to make more /pol/ boards.
>>
>>350177
Actually yes this has been the rule situation for quite some time now. VNs can go on /jp/ and /vg/, western VNs only can go to /vg/.
Dunno how new all you people are to not know this.
>>
>>350609
Don't know how new you are to not know that the VNs go in /vg/ rule was only made because of Katawa Shoujo spam, or that VNs have still long been allowed on /v/ regardless.
And, once again, it's not a VN. It's a raising sim.
>>
>>350606
This is an /a/-relevant subject so he probably will.
>>
>>350609
Do you even know what /vg/ is for?
>>
>>350609
>VNs only can go to /vg/
I don't get the logic for this sort of declaration. If it's allowed on /vg/ then shouldn't the occasional infrequent topics about it allowed on /v/ as well? Kinda like how you have a /fgg/ on /vg/ but could still discuss Street Fighter on /v/. Likewise, if there is a VN general on /vg/, then shouldn't the occasional Steins;Gate thread be allowed on /v/ as well?
>>
>>350741
One mod/janitor personally dislikes visual novels so they get moved into the ghetto of /vg/, that's all there is to it.
>>
>>350741
>>350779
Know your history. /vg/ was created around the time of Katawa Shoujo's release and VNs were shunted off to /vg/ because of KS having endless threads. It was a rule created specifically to contain KS and seriously needs to be updated.
>>
>>350991

>to contain KS

Oh my God, heaven forbid the videogame board have videogames on it. I may not like Fallout, Indivisible, or whatever else may be getting spammed at the moment, but that doesn't mean they're not videogames and shouldn't be posted on /v/.
>>
>>351013
You don't understand the magnitude of the problem, anon. Back before /vg/ there was a Katawa Shoujo thread at all times, without exception. There were also endless esports and e-celeb threads.
Katawa Shoujo had long devolved into nothing but waifu wars and muh feels and RP circlejerking. I cannot stress how terrible a time it was. Hell, if you just go look at the current KS thread (#2842) you'll see what I'm talking about.
Of course Teaching Feeling is at nowhere near the same level and given how recently released it is it certainly shouldn't be getting pushed to /vg/ yet.
>>
>>351026

I am well aware of it, since I was around at the time of the split. The fact remains that if it's a videogame, you should be able to discuss it on /v/. However,

>devolved into nothing but waifu wars and muh feels and RP circlejerking

This shit shouldn't be allowed. It has nothing to do with videogames. Hell, it shouldn't even be allowed on /vg/ either, yet a shitton of /vg/ threads are nothing but that kind of stuff.

On a side note, I am adamantly against things like /vr/ and /aco/ too, as all they do is just fucking split up a board even further for no apparent reason.
>>
>>350070
>>350171
They've always deleted VN threads. KS threads have been deleted off /v/ for years.
>>
>>>/v/317042731

Thread about a shitty Western VN with tumblr artstyle not deleted yet.
>>
are you autists still doing this shit?
>>
>>351203
right now, it's more about the status of VNs in general ever since that SG thread got deleted.
>>
>>351142
KS thread is more of a special case as evidenced by the /vg/ thread reaching over 3,000 already
>>
>>351220
>"Generals"—long-term, recurring threads about a specific game—should be posted in /vg/. This is not to say threads about specific games cannot be created on /v/, just that long-term, recurring threads belong in /vg/.
Katawa Shoujo is deleted off /v/ for being a VN not because it has a general.
>>
>>351236
I literally don't see how those two statements follow each other. Shit like TF shouldn't be in /vg/ because it doesn't have any long term discussion in it.
>>
File: Life_Is_Strange.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Life_Is_Strange.jpg
122 KB, 1280x720
So are Life is Strange threads going to be deleted too from now on? Teaching Feeling has about the same level of gameplay as it.

This mod went full retard hard and now he doesn't realize the damage he's doing. Someone needs to put him in his place already.
>>
>>351220
>>351236
>doesn't remember the sticky where a mod said that VNs are games

Fuck off newfag.

KS got moved to /vg/ because it was taking over the board. /v/ has had plenty of threads about VNs that went undeleted until now.
>>
>>351337
Except this game has actualy gameplay and nobody gives two shits about your gay ass gook head patting simulator. I, for one, am happy that the threads are getting deleted.
>>
File: cec.png (26 KB, 771x686) Image search: [Google]
cec.png
26 KB, 771x686
>>351347
LITERAL autism
>>
>>351350
I'm not the guy crying for 120 posts already that my shitty ebook gets purged from /v/.
>>
>>351347
What about Telltale's recent titles?
>>
>>351355
Still have gameplay in them.
>>
Question:

What about "VN's" that have gameplay in them? Stuff like Sengoku Rance, Kamidori Alchemy Meister, Bunny Black, and so on.
>>
>>351353
Nobody would he crying if there wasn't a sudden switch in moderation. I've seen numerous VN threads hit bump limit before.
>>
>>351360
depends
if their japanes, fuck off
if it's american, it's fine
>>
>>351362
You can cry all you want. This thread is breaking a global rule btw so you should be happy it hasn't been deleted yet.
>>
>>351357
They have piss-poor excuses for gameplay in them and yet they get a free pass while VNs get indiscriminately purged despitea variety of them actually having gameplay?
>>
>>351366
I see danganronpa threads all the time. Those have gameplays. I see your threads deleted in an ebook without any gameplay. Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>351365
Isn't /qa/ repurposed for meta threads now?

>>351368
if one of them is a game then all of them are games
>>
maybe you could post the threads, but include a trigger warning so Signor M. doesn't have his PTSD flashbacks
>>
>>351368
There haven't been any danganronpa threads made recently to prove your statement
>>
>>351357
>>351347
But Teaching Feeling has gameplay. It's a raising sim.
How many times do we have to go over this?
>>
>>351444
"gameplay" more like "gay"
upvote if you agree
>>
File: 1444313454132.gif (1 MB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
1444313454132.gif
1 MB, 533x300
>>346300
What game is this and where can I download it?

This speaks to me on in intimate level.

This feeds my savior complex.
>>
>>351675
You could have tried reading the subject line.
>>
>>350584
Found it.

Uh, wait, it's this.
>>>/x/

How is this supposed to help me?
>>
File: just pretending.jpg (29 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
just pretending.jpg
29 KB, 349x642
>>352190
>>
>>346631
>>346611
>>346607
This is bullshit. The translators and editor for G-Senjou gave permission for Sekai Project to use their script and they were paid for it.

If you want to spread hate for Sekai Project then you don't need to make shit up, just mention how their release of World End Economica is barely readable and despite promising that they would fix it they never did, or how they still use kunrei-shiki, the worst romanisation system.
>>
>>352207
Or how they promised a bunch of stuff on Kickstarter without even having negotiated for the license (Grisaia soundtrack, Vita version, etc.) and STILL haven't delivered.
>>
>>351701
I searched google and got nothing for Teaching Feeling, just teacher how-to blogs. The more important thing is, where can I download this?

I don't know Shit about graphic novels.
>>
>>352245
Google Eroge Download (it's a website name), download the game called "Kara no Shoujo."
>>
>>346300
>doesn't want the admin finding out about this
Hiroshima probably deleted your shit threads himself.
Every action the mods/jannies take is logged you fucking moron.
>>
>>352314
He's referring to the threads he linked in the OP, which were forced to autosage. Just because their actions are logged doesn't mean there aren't mods who try to get away with abusing their power while hoping nobody will notice.
>>
Is there really not going to be any clarification on this now that Mootwo's back?
>>
>>352314
/sci/ had a user moderating the board for MONTHS with stolen credentials.
>>
I don't know what to make of this. There's a Katawa Shoujo thread up on /v/ right now: >>>/v/317312171
There's a trap thread up right now under the cover of a western VN on Steam: >>>/v/317288763
And there were some VN threads up earlier.
Is it just Teaching Feeling that's not allowed?
>>
>>354744
Made one to test it just now: >>>/v/317328952
>>
>>354744
Why are there so many anti-yuri trolls out there? Don't they realize that yuri lovers are impossible to troll?
>>
>>353157
That's silly. How did they find that out? I guess it's actually not that surprising since /sci/ is one of the slower boards on this site.
>>
File: Kaiji.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kaiji.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
>>354864
Oh wow, I woke up just now and the thread is still up. Looks like our efforts paid off.

Thank you if you had anything to do with this, Hiro.
>>
>>355164
I'm impressed, he's so efficient at this point that he fixes things without even having to announce them. I'll never understand the people who hate this guy, he is already so much better than moot ever was. I bet 2ch is a nice place.
>>
It's hentai and doesn't have gameplay. It obviously doesn't belong on /v/.
>>
>>355174
2ch isn't 2chan. And Hiroshima sold off 2ch years ago.
>>
>>355184
>doesn't have gameplay
I never get tired of reading this blatantly wrong statement.
>>
>>355184
>doesn't have gameplay.

But it does.
>>
>>355186
Sorry, autocorrect.
>>
in conclusion:

rules state that visual novels belong on /vg/ and/or /jp/

this is porn

it has no gameplay
>>
>>355196
>In conclusion: I haven't read the thread where 2/3 of these things have been debunked
>>
>>355203
Don't waste your time with him. He posted this in the /v/ thread too and wants to continue his shitposting here.
>>
>>355203
From the rules page:
>Japanese visual novels should be posted in /jp/, and Western on /vg/.

It's porn and loli:
>>>/v/317344595

And it also has no gameplay, unless you count reading as gameplay in which case I just beat Don Quixote.
>>
>>355196
>>355207
>if I repeat a lie long enough maybe people will start believing me
>>
>>355205
He's a lowercase idiot too. People should really just be ignoring him by default.
>>
>>355210
>fuck I can't refute that sourced comment so I'll just call him a liar
>>
So, ignoring the troll, how's the English patch for this game coming along? I want to try it because the girl is cute but I hear a lot of it is machine translated right now.
>>
>>355211
glorious nippon doesn't have capital letters you baka gaijin

>>>/v/317362474
>if these threads don't belong on /v/ mods would delete them!!
>point out mods have been deleting them

>all these "b-but that doesn't count" comments
>>>/v/317362746
>>>/v/317362820
thats literal autism guys.
>>
>>355215
>glorious nippon doesn't have capital letters you baka gaijin

This is straight up false.
>>
>>355212
>it has no gameplay
>people point out the relationship points, the items, the choices, the customization, etc
>hurr durr but that doesn't count as gameplay!

Doesn't matter either way. Even VNs that don't have much gameplay like Katawa Shoujo seem to be allowed now as well: >>354744

They were never really banned in the first place. The mod was only trying to use that ambiguous rule in his favor because he had a vendetta against this game in specific.
>>
>>355213
There are a couple of people working on their own patches.

-spacegodzilla from ULMF who said he'd be finished by last sunday but didn't deliver
-dekiru translations already released a partial patch

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/8DVVY6ua

Dekiru patch: https://dekirutranslations.wordpress.com/

ULMF thread: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=27919
>>
>>355215
The fact of the matter is, the most recent thread on the subject was not deleted. If it's not deleted, it's allowed.
>>
>>355215
They were deleted by one idiot who had a vendetta against the game and probably got shit for it later. His actions didn't represent the mod team in general or the administration.
>>
>>355222
Speaking of vendettas, look at this.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/386280/
>>
>>355221
Faulty logic, that's like saying "well this guy wasn't seen committing a crime so it must be legal".
The mods already set a precedent with this >>>/v/316681731

>>355222
You can't say "well a thread not being deleted is proof they're allowed" then when a thread does get deleted "well that doesn't count it's still allowed" that's just ridiculous.
>>
>>355225
>The mods

I see only one mod being retarded there. And the thread was already almost at bump limit when it got moved anyway, meaning there wasn't a real consensus among the mods or janitors about them.
>>
>>355186
Are you saying that he currently runs futaba?
>>
>>355360
No.
>>
Well, two Vitamin Quest threads just got deleted, while there have been a bunch of Emily Is Away theads today (a western glorified CYOA).

It seems the mods may just be nuking eroge threads, though there's no rule against eroge threads on /v/ in the first place.
>>
>>355554
Hmm, the cúck mod wasn't on earlier today. We could get a Teaching Feeling thread to bump limit: >>354864
>>
>>355554

Isn't Vitamin Quest an actual game though? As in, it is made in RPG Maker, uses RPG elements, and has actual gameplay/combat.
>>
>>355573
Yes.
>>
>>355574

So what's the problem then?

I could sorta understand deleting a thread (under the supposedly current rules, that is) about a VN that was nothing but porn, but Vitamin Quest is actually a game that happens to have some porn mixed in, kinda like Sengoku Rance.
>>
>>355573
>>355574

Made a Sengoku Rance thread to test it: >>>/v/317415386
>>
>>355577
>I could sorta understand deleting a thread (under the supposedly current rules, that is) about a VN that was nothing but porn

Teaching Feeling has some gameplay as well.
>>
The threads, by the way.
>>>/v/317411305
>>>/v/317395845

>>355580
The point is that Vitamin Quest is much more of a game. Nobody could consider it a visual novel in the first place.
>>
>>355580

Exactly. I'm talking about a straight up porn VN like Starless, Taimanin Asagi/Yukikaze, and so on. I still personally believe you should be able to discuss them on /v/ (while using spoilers for images much like /a/'s new rule), but things like Teaching Feeling and Vitamin Quest don't even need to be questioned here; they're actually games.
>>
>>355587
At this point, he's just going full retard. He must've thought the game was a VN as well. dunno. If he deletes the Sengoku Rance one as well he deserves to get his ass fired already.
>>
>Check the contact page
>There's no admin email anymore
>The only way to actually contact Hiro is through Twitter
Oh for fuck's sake.
>>
There's a Clannad thread up, even though it's mostly complaining about the price.
>>>/v/317414898
>>
Another TF thread got deleted: >>>/v/317496230

One notable thing about the thread was a couple of fervent shitposters repeating claims about CP, which this game does not contain
>>
>>356226
Yep, rule violating posts do tend to get deleted and drawn CP is CP in a lot of the civilized parts of the world.
>>
>>356233
You're the same guy, aren't you? I have to admire your dedication, spending large amounts of free time and even lying through your teeth in order to shit on vidya you don't like.
>>
>>356236
He likely only comes to /v/ just to shitpost and has no interest in the hobby at all. Sadly /v/ is filled with these faggots.
>>
This still hasn't been clarified with other VNs being allowed on /v/.
>>
This mod deletes any thread that has a hint of TeachingFeeling. But a thread for a western VN was left alone.
>>
>>358052
No, he only seems to delete the ones where people are shitposting about CP, because that seems to be the only way to shut them up. Ignore those posts after debunking them and the thread will be fine.
>>
>>355594
He doesn't respond to tweets. The only way to get his attention is to catch him when he's posting in a random thread.

We really need to try to get hiro to have more of a presence on this board. There's a lot of things that are the result of bad moderation that desperately needs his attention
>>
Are Teaching Feeling threads still being deleted?
>>
>>350675
/vg/ is for topics /v/ >mods don't like. See: Undertale threads getting removed after 1 week while they were still 100% ontopic about the game without furry rp shit.
>>
>>360510
Nope, Hiro saved us. Praise be to Japan.
>>
How do you assholes play this game when the translation isn't done? Can that many of you actually read moonrunes?
>>
>>360661
There's a complete machine translation so a lot of people are happy to use that, and the partial translation translates all the "important" parts.
>>
>>360661
>>360664
The dekiru partial translation actually isn't the most complete one out there, an anon from /hgg/ had already translated everything besides three scenes. He's probably finished by now.
>>
Why the hell is TF the only thing that gets deleted while others VN stay up?
>>
>>361267
Mod with a vendetta.
>>
Still waiting for Hiro to resolve this.
>>
File: 1439161691730.jpg (3 MB, 1684x2381) Image search: [Google]
1439161691730.jpg
3 MB, 1684x2381
Guys, if you see any more TF threads being deleted, it's not because it's a VN, but because the faggot mod is still asshurt about the game. I saw several threads about VNs that stayed up for a long time that didn't get deleted.
>>
>>356233
>implying any part of the world outside of America is civilized
>>
>>>/v/318852069

Katawa Shoujo thread up for 10+ hours.
>>
>>367204
>>368522
Why are you still bumping this? KS threads are allowed, TF threads are allowed. Hell, Sakura Spirit threads are allowed. We won.
>>
>>368527
I didn't really see any TF threads lately. Either way, you never know. I'm going to keep bumping this for a while in case they ever get deleted again. That butthurt mod is a loose canon and can snap up at any time.
>>
>>368527
>TF threads are allowed
TF threads are still being deleted, as are any eroge threads. It's still just a matter of complete inconsistency in enforcements.
Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.