[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hiro, are you here? Can we get a board for Japanese games only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 111
File: 1446284776434.jpg (986 KB, 1284x2968) Image search: [Google]
1446284776434.jpg
986 KB, 1284x2968
Hiro, are you here? Can we get a board for Japanese games only please? /v/ is really bad these days because of Westkeks who love casual dudebro garbage, "cinematic experiences" and e-celeb cancer. Another split would benefit us a lot and cut down the shitposting to a minimum.
>>
Yesssssssssss PLEASE Hiro im sick of shitposters who only play western games ruining threads on /v/
>>
>>314830
Shitposting begins below this post.
>>
>>314852
>below
>>
>>314852
why are you trying to say right now?
>>
>>314830
Please give us this Hiro

I'm so sick of hearing about fallout 4
>>
>>314830
This TbH.
>>
>>314830
bump
>>
>>314830
>implying anyone but /v/eddit cares about /v/
/v/ is beyond saving. Let them wallow in their own shit. They have no one to blame but themselves for staying there.
>>
>>314830
You have /jp/.
>>
>>>/jp/
>>
File: 1446195569860.jpg (172 KB, 1024x1911) Image search: [Google]
1446195569860.jpg
172 KB, 1024x1911
>>317307
>>317315
The only "games" you can discuss on /jp/ are VNs and Touhou.

I want a board dedicated to Japanese games in general, free of Westkek casuals who play Cawadooty, Halo or Gears and can't shut up about e-ecelebs.
>>
/vg/ is your containment board

It's not our fault you like shitty Japanese games with cookie cutter anime characters rather than good Japanese games. You post shit, you get shitposted
>>
We need to fix /v/ in general baka desu senpai
>>
File: NieR 2.jpg (458 KB, 3641x2048) Image search: [Google]
NieR 2.jpg
458 KB, 3641x2048
>>317597
I like games that have good gameplay and I don't disregard games with an anime aesthetic if they have that unlike the shallow dudebro casuals obsessed with CoD and Halo. This is why I think Western games are shit; because it's very rare to see one that has good gameplay these days.
>>
Nah it would be disastrous. Stop trying to break 4chan in multiple general boards. It only serves to hinder discussion where you can talk about a particular subject on the main board because there is a dedicated board on this subject.
>>
>>317623
>I like games that have good gameplay
And yet you can't stop sucking the dick of absolutely fecal matter like Nier and Drakengard, Persona and SMT...

Such great games right. Keep telling yourself you play them for any reasons but the anime aesthetics
>>
File: 1443761358356.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1443761358356.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
>>317639
And what do you play those WRPGs that play like absolute ass for? At least JRPGs have some good exceptions to the rule like Gravity Rush, Monster Hunter series, the Souls series, Ys Celceta, Tales, Soul Sacrifice, Dragon's Dogman, etc. Meanwhile, I can't think of a single WRPG that isn't the most clunky shit imaginable. I couldn't even stand playing Skyrim or Fallout for more than a few hours because of the combat.
>>
>>317647
Unique gameplay =/= good gameplay

MH is good, but it's hampered by sloth like progression when you should just be taking down new monsters the whole time rather than grinding because your weapon can no longer keep up the damage to not time out

Ys & Souls series has absolute dogshit gameplay, don't kid yourself

Tales hasn't been good in years. Dragons Dogma is one I'll concede

Haven't played the other two because I don't have a Shita

>meanwhile I can't think of a single WRPG
That's probably because you are totally braindead. They are a bit thin on the ground now, but there's years, and years of quality WRPGs
>>
>>317652
>Unique gameplay =/= good gameplay

Action RPGs from Japan always have better gameplay than WRPGs. This is a fact.

>Ys & Souls series has absolute dogshit gameplay

I could understand criticizing Souls (even though the gameplay is still miles better than any WRPG out there), but Ys Celceta having "absolute dogshit gameplay"? Sorry, your opinion is discarded, my friend.

>That's probably because you are totally braindead. They are a bit thin on the ground now, but there's years, and years of quality WRPGs

With good gameplay? Okay. Try to list me any. Even the most praised ones like Deus Ex, Planescape Torment and Morrowind play like garbage. Even the fans of those games admit it.
>>
>>314830
>another video game board
*slaps your leg furiously*
>>
File: qt boy.jpg (76 KB, 880x1024) Image search: [Google]
qt boy.jpg
76 KB, 880x1024
You're not helping the case by insulting Western games, OP.

The most legitimate reason to split /v/ into /jv/ and /wv/ is that /v/ is too big, and dividing by western/japanese is simply the best way to do it. Despite all the previous splits, /v/ is still too big. The shitposting can't be stopped. However, it can be separated. Another board will also mean more staff. Yes, a lot of staff seem to be shit, but I'm sure that most of them (or at least some) are actually decent.

In the beginning, /jv/ will shitpost on /wv/, and vice-versa, but the staff just needs to be harsh on it. They don't have to go full totalitarian when it comes to the rules; only on "All discussion/shitposting on /jv/ or /wv/ must be about each board's respective games" or however it'll be phrased. If mods and jannies are dedicated enough, in the beginning, the cross-shitposting will fade away. People will get bored, and will return to regular shitposting.
>>
http://(eightchanlolfilter).net/v/res/6817732.html

>he actually posts copypasta on both kukchan and 8times1chan
>>
>>317670
>the best solution to mods being shitty is to make another anime hugbox and encourage the mods to treat it as another of their little playgrounds

please fucking kill yourself and go back to reddit, in that order
>>
Please give us this hiro
>>
Hiro, save /v/ and remove western games and remove mods who hate Jap games.
>>
>>317639
>SMT is not good
>>
Fuck off you autists. Can you seriously not handle discussion?
>>
>>320650
>/v/ermin shitposting japanese game threads
>discussion
>>
>>317623
>I like games that have good gameplay
>posts a game that isn't even out that is a sequel to a game with bad gameplay
explain
>>
>>320650
Spamming lolweebs and lolpedo is not discussion.
>>
>>320650
>discussion
Nobody on /v/ is interested in discussion. Have you ever been to /v/? That place needs further dissection. One that cuts away the tumor known as westaboos.
>>
>>314830
How about just leave /v/ for Nipponese shit and make /vw/ for Western shit?
Either way I'm not really on board of this idea since /v/ already got split 3 times without much improvement. This will just make /v/ a Sony Nintendo playground.
>>
>>320660
The problem is the intense amount of shitposting done by Nintendo fanboys. They're quite hated on /v/ now for being the cause of console wars since they pretend to be mustards and shitpost in PS4 threads. Some accuse the moderation of moderating in Nintendo's favor.
>>
>>320663
>Some accuse the moderation of moderating in Nintendo's favor.
That is blatantly evident. It's like denying NeoGaf is practically run by Sony.
>>
>splitting /v/ up AGAIN

Holy shit that board is more trouble than its worth.
But I kinda agree that it cant get any worse so might as well try and see.
>>
>>320660
This.

/vr/ is the only success story of splitting /v/ and that's because it's small.
>>
>>320663
I don't think it's much different on Nintendo threads' end. There's plenty of NINTENDOOMED and Sonyposting too. Are you sure it's not just neutral falseflagging shitposters trying to rile both ends up?
>>
>>320665
They also need to change the moderation. Shitposting threads go on for 400 pages untouched while similar shitposting threads for a console preferred by mods get deleted within seconds.
>>
No, that's fucking retaded. I love both Jap and West games, I don't want to browse two boards for them.
>>
>>320665
WE JUST NEED TO GO FURTHER BEYOND SENPAI
>>
>>320672
If you don't realize it's west shitters that are destroying /v/ then you're clearly blind
>>
File: nintendogaf.jpg (411 KB, 1429x1138) Image search: [Google]
nintendogaf.jpg
411 KB, 1429x1138
>>320668
>Are you sure it's not just neutral falseflagging shitposters trying to rile both ends up?
Who would do that? Either way, the mods should treat all type of shitposting as the same instead of just deleting Nintendo shitposting threads while leaving Sony shitposting threads alone.
>>
File: 1446266419308.png (269 KB, 933x477) Image search: [Google]
1446266419308.png
269 KB, 933x477
It's obvious the moderation is biased heavily to Nintendo's favor.
>>
>>320655
but spamming lolwestfags and loldudebro is?
>>
No.
Fixing /v/ is very simple

Just ban all frogposting and feel guy posting.
>>
>hurrr it was already split a few times, so what's the point of splitting it again
Those weren't even splits. They were just carving bits off. It needs to be cut IN HALF.
>>
>>320679
This.
Im tired newfags trying to split /v/ even more.
>>
>>320674
How? The only thing killing /v/ was the ebonics, which is better now.
That and ecelebs/sjw/feminism shit.

>Honestly believing either board would benefit from removing one or the other

Also how far would you go with it? Mario games are made in Japan. Are you going to include all sony games as well? Any game at all made in Japan?

That's completely fucking retarded.
>>
>>317670
>The shitposting can't be stopped. However, it can be separated
It sounds like the better way would be separating console and PC gaming.
>filename
No way
>>
>Hating on ebonics

s.mh white people
>>
This is easily the most retarded reason for a board split I've seen and I'm not convinced that this whole thread isn't just shitposting.
>>
>>320687
It makes more sense than the creation of /vr/. I'm still not in favour of it though.
>>
>>320687
It's literally impossible to discuss japanese games on /v/ without retards coming in screaming about "weebshit"
>>
>>320687
A drastic change of moderators would probably be better. Shitposting goes by too easily. And /v/ should always be a board that leans more towards Japan. This is 4chan after all.
>>
>>320691
You can discuss both on /v/.
Quit being a bitch just because it's different from your old forum.
>>
>>320691
Well anon which games? Because
>which senran would you kagura
is literal weebshit as opposed to
>Tales, Xenoblade, FF, ...
And plenty of other non-shitty japanese games
>>
What /v/ needs an opening post robot. I don't give a shit about Western vs. Eastern, the problem is the constantly regurgitated threads that don't have any clear point of discussion.

>why is this allowed
>what did he mean by this
>>
Also, why do Idolmaster threads get deleted on /v/? I can spot five shitposting threads any time of the hour yet the moment and Idolmaster thread pops up and it's deleted within seconds.

Why do /v/ mods hate anime games?
>>
>>320675
Well in all fairness these threads were at 2 different timeframes. I'd be convinced if they were both made around the same time. Night /v/ is covered with garbage threads without moderation for hours.
>>
>>320697
>stop liking games I don't like
Fuck off cancer
>>
>>320697
>is literal weebshit
And whats wrong with that?
>>
>>320697
>>which senran would you kagura
Is perfectly fine for a Japanese imageboard. Sorry that waifus offend you on 4chan.
>>
>>320703
Absolutely nothing, as long as you don't cry like a bitch and demand a board split like >>320702
>>320706
>>
>>320685
>It sounds like the better way would be separating console and PC gaming
That'd just be duplicating a lot of discussion and/or splitting the fans of any multiplat game.
>No way
It's not a boy (I don't think so, anyway). I just saved it as that to bait people.
>>
>>320708
This is the /v/ cancer incarnate. Look at this faggot, using "weebshit" unironically on a weeb site made by weebs for weebs. This is why /v/ is in a dire need of a cleansing. It has become normie magnet number one.
>>
How about let's leave /v/ as it is and all learn to ignore posts we don't like?
>>
>>320712
Yeah because Wapanese hasn't been on 4chan for nearly a decade.
>>
>>320715
Try to make a Bloodborne thread and see how that works out. Ignoring shitposting is only feasible when shitposting is a minority of posts.
>>
>>320717
wapanese was filtered for a reason. Learn your 4chan history before spewing it.
>>
how about no, because /v/ is already split up too much
>>
>>320719
Thank god we have the term weeaboo.
>>
>>320718
Well, maybe PS4 players should learn to act like adults.
>>
>>320718
That's because every Bloodborne thread starts as a console war.
>>
>>320723
And why is that? Why is the only Bloodborne thread on /v/ one that says it's coming to PC? Just like yesterday? Just like the day before yesterday? Mods aren't even trying to salvage that shit.
>>
>>320660
>This will just make /v/ a Sony Nintendo playground.
That would be for the best desu because most of the shitposting comes from Microsoft marketers and PKeks
>>
We need to split the board because I have thin-skin and I don't want people to bully me on 4chan :(
>>
>>320728
I think people want to split the board so they can actually discuss the games they post about.
>>
>>320731
Literally nothing stopping them if they just ignore the one or two mean posts where someone says
>weebshit
and the thread continues as if nothing happened.
>>
>>320735
>one or two posts
>>
>>320727
Implying it's not a Sony-Nintendo playground now.
>>
>>320735
>Just ignore the posts!
Except literally no one does this. Or just because I do, doesn't mean someone else will.

It's impossible to make everyone agree to not acknowledge a post.
>>
>>320735
>having to tolerate dudebros on a weeaboo site
No you faggot. That's not how it works. It's the normies that should adapt themselves to board culture, not vice versa.
>>
Nobody fucking uses sage anymore. Obvious bait threads stay up all day because retards keep bumping them.
>>
>>320743
>Nobody fucking uses sage anymore.
Of course not, because it isn't visible anymore.

That's what we need back, visible sage.
>>
/v/ here, go die in a fire.

Splitting a board is not a bad idea by itself but not like this.
>Nintendo and Sony are japanese
>But they have western dev studios like Retro Studios and Insomniac
Where I am supposed to discuss Tropical Freeze or Metroid and Ratchet and Clank?
>>
File: IMG_4268.png (709 KB, 432x647) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4268.png
709 KB, 432x647
>western video games board
>japanese video games board

Doesn't work, Metal Gear, Dark Souls, and a ton of other games would be up on both boards since western fags don't know shit about vidya.

I just don't think /v/ should be split up more. Just add and enforce some rules like no "60 vs 30 fps" or "E-Celeb" threads. And ban all "never ever PC keks" and "thanks for beta testing console peasants" shit posters.
>>
>>320745
The western board obviously?
Sorry the western board is full of underage faggots, but that should just speak to taste in vidya
>>
>>320743
They probably bump them knowing that you specifically will get mad.
>>
>>320746
Well the idea is that the western board becomes shitposting ground for Neofaggers so the rest of us can talk about vidya in /v/ jap proper.
>>
File: 1444846958215.png (39 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
1444846958215.png
39 KB, 900x700
>>314830
A good way to fix /v/ would be to ban people like you.

I generally prefer japanese games but your faggotry is exactly what killed /v/.

We need to crack down on console wars, samefags, general shit tier flamebait and all the other faggotry that plagues the board.

IDs would help. More actives mods would help too. A userbase that reports garbage would help a LOT.
Why is there no sticky on /v/? Its clear that most dont know the actual 4chan rules and how you get the mods attention.
>>
>>320748
>The western board obviously?
But Metroid and DK are japanese series. Obviously my ass.
>>
>>320735
>putting the onus on retards
No. You can't stop retards from responding to bait/shitposts. You have to separate the retards from the baiters.
>>320745
Split by dev; not by publisher.
>>
>>314830
Lmao why are you stupid weebcúcks so salty, I constantly see you posting off topic shitposting and bait threads
>>
>>320744
I thought it doesn't work.
>>
>>320748
jap board would be made entirely of 15 year olds and neckbeards discussing their waifu and zero gameplay discussion. I like to discuss some games indepth like SF or Souls and waifufags are stupid as shit.
>>
>>320752
They have had entries made by western developers
>>
>>320757
This is delusion
>>
>>320751
>Why is there no sticky on /v/?
Holy shit, this. I see many boards were there is a red letters sticky that lists the rules. But /v/ looks like a board forgotten by gods and mods.
Pushing out eCelebs and off topic shit would be a great idea.
>>
>>320757
Then stay at your western board filled with shitposters and NeoFaggers.
>>
>>320757
What's to stop people who normally prefer western games to discuss games like the Souls series on /jv/? Do you think they would just stay on the western board? No, they would come to /jv/ to discuss the few jap games they did like.
>>
>>320758
But also entries made by eastern ones.
>>
>>320739
>>320740
>waah people are mean to me better cry about it to the mods

If you want your board to be a safe space hugbox then fuck off
>>
>>320751
>>320762
Moot once said it was because /v/ has the easiest rules "Talk about Videogames"
>>
>>320727
Get fucking real, nobody is better at shitposting than sonyponies
>>
>>320769
You retards cry sonypony every fucking chance you get
>>
>>320764
At least Neofaggers can actually play Blazblue unlike every poster in the BB threads on /a/ and /v/. You're only good players fled years ago to IRC.
>>
>>320767
I just want to be able to talk about videogames.

It's not about the insults. The problem is it evolved to a giant shitposting thread where both sides are flinging insults instead of actually talking about the god damn game.
>>
>>320756
sage still works
>>
>>320753
>Split by dev; not by publisher.
So, if I make a thread on the japanese board about Metroid, I can talk about all the games except the Prime ones, otherwise I'd be banned?
And if I make a Metroid thread in the western board, I'd be forced to talk about only Prime games?
This is beyond stupid.
>>
>>314830
This would be perfect.
>>
>want to talk about MGSV so I go to /vj/
>mention MGO in my post
>get banned because MGO was made by a western studiio

>go into metroid thread
>mention metroid prime: hunters
>fine
>mention metroid prime
>banned
>>
>>320768
And judging by the state of /v/, moot fucked up.
>>
>>320775
I would assume this would cross into the territory about how you can talk about anime related video games on /v/ and /a/
>>
>>320768
Moot was both right and wrong about that.
Sure, you talk about videogames.
That takes care of the offtopic shit.

Now what about console wars and other videogame related shitposting?
What about the general post quality?
What about the samefagging niggers posting their same stale shit every hour?
>>
>>320768
I think /v/ really does need that spelled out at the top of the board at all times.
>>
>>320771
Just like how you cry and moan about NintendoGAF, Xbots, and PCfats, the door swings both ways bitch
>>
>>320777
I'm pretty sure there would be some exceptions on both boards, ya dingus
>>
>>320774
I dunno, writing "sage" kicks me away with "File can't be uploaded" or whatever error
>>
>>320771
Sonyggers really are best at playing the victim.
>>
>>320779
>you can talk about anime related video games on /v/ and /a/
Too bad every single "anime related videogame" thread on /v/ is against the rules, since everyone talks about the anime itself and not the videogame of the anime.
>>
>>320727
>this delusional nintoddler/sonygger

Xbox fans almost never shitpost
>>
>>320786
>>320782
Nah i'm idort unlike you pathetic brand faggots
>>
>>320775
That's a good point. Well, Metroid started off Japanese. Therefore, it should go on /jv/.

For instance, if a Jap studio decided to make a Deus Ex game, it would still go on /wv/.

Or, we can do what >>320779 said.
>>
>>320790
Sonyggers are also best at false flagging like you are right now.
>>
>>320785
It definitely still works. Sage any post on page 10, refresh, and it'll still be on page 10. Not sure why you'd be getting that error
>>
>>320754
This, I see way more anti western game shitposting threads and when I call the retarded weeaboos out they start to feel like victims
>>
>>320785
Sure you are using the options field and not the name field?
>>
>>320790
So am I, faggot. Pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>320771
It has been proven and voted multiple times they are the most cancerous fanbase
>>
>>320798
Yeah nah
Only poorfags use shitty /v/ermin buzzwords like sonyggers and pcfats
>>
>>320773
There's literally no reason to have SK, Persona and Neptunia threads every fucking day, if you have problem with that go to /vg/
>>
>>320800
>he says unironically saying "poorfag"
Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>320727
Official shitposting rankings on /v/:
Sonyggers>>>>PCfats>Nintendrones>>>>>>>>>>xbutts

Xbox has no fanbase on /v/.
>>
>>320806
>he's unironically poor

>>320800
but calling people nintendrones and xbots is perfectly fine
>>
>>320806
Fuck off /v/ermin
>>
>>320802
Same could be said of plenty of western games.

Persona has an upcoming game, so people are taking about it and the series in general. Neptunia releases games quite frequently.

Fallout 4 is coming out soon, so there are tons of threads about it. MGS has threads every day too.

We don't need eceleb threads every day either but here we are, knee deep in the shit.
>>
>>320802
>there is literally no reason to talk about games I don't like
Modern /v/ everyone. People bitching about games discussed are often NeoFaggers upset that people like more than just tumblr bait.
>>
>>320809
>he's unironically retarded

>>320810
>get called out on being a hypocrite
>"f-fuck off"
Eat shit and die.
>>
>>320808
xbros just want Scalebound to get a higher FPS than 10 and for Halo to be good.
>>
>>320817
Cry harder about your sony boogyman
>>
>>320738
>>320769
>>320789
>>320808
Deflection AND falseflagging, as expected. I love how you pretend to not exist while constantly posting and defending the latest Halo rehashes and shilling for "based comfy Xbone and based Phil Spencer"
>>
File: 1444947625765.png (60 KB, 199x197) Image search: [Google]
1444947625765.png
60 KB, 199x197
>>320822
You see like one xbox thread every two days on /v/ at best.

Xbox has no audience on /v/. Its extremely western focused and people who like western games gravitate towards PC already.
At least on /v/, where people prefer to play their spess muhreen shooters with keyboard and mouse.

It also really doesnt help that the Xbox brand has been a publicity nightmare for a long time now.

Thats the last response you're getting from me you shitposting faggot.
>>
>>320814
>NeoFaggers
>complaining about Sony game threads
You are genuinely retarded
>>
>>320830
neogaf doesn't like games that aren't western
>>
>>320830
But Neofag loves Sony, and hates every Japanese game on Sony consoles
>>
>>320790
>>320800
>>320809
Good goy!
>>
See? Look at this thread's last posts. This is how /v/ is. Every day, every hour, infinite shitflinging between retarded fanboys, arguing who is the worst when they are all equally stupid.

Help us.
>>
>>320831
>what is uncharted
>>
>>320822
>>320821
>>320817
>>320809
>>320808
>>320806
>>320800
>>320798
>>320794
>>320789
>>320786
>>320782
>>320771
>>320769
See this shit? This is one of the reasons /v/ has and always will be shit. For some unfathomable reason people cant get a 'stop liking what I dont like' mentality out of their fucking heads and have just spewed the same shit like this for years.

Assuming you arent shitposting for the sake of shitposting, what the fuck do you retards getting out of any of this? It sure as shit isnt video game discussion.
>>
>>320838
A western game?
>>
>>320841
oh shit i misread that post
>>
>>320831
>>320832
How am I supposed to know
>>
>>320840
Are you somehow implying that Sonyggers arent the worst shitposters on /v/
>>
File: 1406526464008.png (76 KB, 194x250) Image search: [Google]
1406526464008.png
76 KB, 194x250
>>320837
>>320840
Yeah. It's awful. I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out. I've become so used to the shitposting.
>>
I think this thread is proof enough that splitting /v/ won't do anything. As long as there are "fanbases" /v/ will never be good.
>>
>>320844
keep crying about that sony boogyman
>>
>>320831
They sure do love Final Fantasy, streamboaring Japanese fighting games, and Souls games.
>>
>>320797
I didn't know sage must be written only in Options field. I thought sage works there as usual.
>>
>>320849
NeoFag hates anything Japanese. They shitpost in FF threads all the time and they always bitch how Jap devs are pedophiles. This is why people who whine about "weebshit" on /v/ are regarded as NeoFaggers. It's the same bullshit.
>>
>>320848
>boogyman
Yeah, that must be it.
>>
>>320840
>>320848
>sonyfag can't handle the facts
>>
>>320851
I pretty much only play japanese games and I still voice my issues with weebshit, because not all japanese games are garbage like that.
>>
>>320844
Are you somehow implying you arent shitposting right now and that you're somehow better than them? I hate all of you faggots equally, its unbearable just how childish anything that devoles into brand loyalty is. Consider suicide.
>>
>>320853
>i'm a sonyfag even though I have a 3ds in my hands right now
>>
>>320851
post proof because I'm looking at a 394 FFXIV circlejerk thread and a CoD hate thread right now.
>>
>>320856
Why don't you just ignore the games that don't appeal to you instead of acting like a drama whore NeoFagger? Literally nobody cares about your opinions. Nobody makes a Senran thread for you to voice your opinion.
>>
>>320857
Who says that I'm a brand loyalist?
I'm just saying it how it is. Sonyggers are objectively the worst shitposters on /v/.
And thats not a shitpost, thats a pretty fucking on point observation.
>>
>>320846
The only thing to do is bringing more moderation. Isn't /v/ like one of the most active boards on 4chan? More activity means need of more moderation. There are hours on /v/ where there are no mods or janitors around, where shitposters dump NSFW and furry shit non stop.
>>
>>320860
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1128536

They hate Japanese devs. They always shit on Japanese devs no matter what. And shitting on Destiny will net you a ban since one of the mods is a Bungie shill.
>>
>>320860
FFXIV is an mmo.
Everybody hates COD
>>
>>320863
/v/'s moderation exists. It's just that it's selective and very often also faulty. Nintendo shitposting threads are deleted very fast. PS4 shitposting threads last until bump limit is hit. Waifu threads get deleted within seconds.

Mods exist. It's just that they don't know how to moderate.
>>
>>320861
Why should I ignore them? Didnt know that people only care about circlejerking.
I'm not satisfied with the direction japanese games are heading into, and I will not stop talking about that until things change.

Also Senran threads are shit. Nothing but softcore dumps and waifu posting. No gameplay discussion ever. Its pretty much offtopic.
I definitely dont participate in that garbage.
>>
>>320867
I actively buy games like Senran and Neptunia because of people like you
>>
File: 1445482644997.png (16 KB, 619x185) Image search: [Google]
1445482644997.png
16 KB, 619x185
>>320863
Garbage like NSFW and furry is the least of /v/'s problems. Just look at this thread. It's "discussion" like this 24/7. Nobody in that board can just agree to disagree.
>>
>>320866
No, they are simply not enough and not present enough. Fuck off with your console war fanboy paranoia.
>>
>>320860
FF14 has dedicated spammers.

At some point it got so bad that they actually entered every other MMO thread just to shit it up and advertise their game.
Mods actually started deleting the threads because it was clearly general material and the posters were obnoxious as fuck.

I guess they arent getting deleted now because its not as extreme anymore.

And for some reason CoD threads have been much more popular lately. People dont shit onto the game as much as they should anymore.

>>320869
Thats pretty fucking stupid. You're like one of those retards who bought hatred to "show those SJWs".
>>
File: SHITPOSTING.png (443 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
SHITPOSTING.png
443 KB, 1500x1500
ITT
>>
File: congratulations.gif (169 KB, 390x290) Image search: [Google]
congratulations.gif
169 KB, 390x290
>>320867
>Why should I ignore them?
Do you want people in your threads always shitposting how they don't like the game? You come off as self-centered, thinking your opinion is hot shit. It's not. Nobody asked for your input. When someone makes a Senran thread or FF thread, they're not looking for you to enter it and publically display your opinions. Nobody cares.

Fuck off if you can't deal with niche weeb games being talked about. The fact that you think that's the "direction" Jap games are taking displays a NeoFagger-tier paranoia that has no understanding that these type of games have always existed.

Thanks for posting though. Proves everyone's point why /v/ needs to cull the normies who shitpost in Jap game threads.
>>
>>320876
There is nothing wrong with that image. If your taste is shit I'm going to tell you.
>>
>>320885
Why?
>>
>>320876
That almost reeks of circlejerk justification. You might like /vg/.
>>
>>320886
why not
>>
>>320837
And I wouldn't have it any other way desu
>>
File: normiecuck.jpg (134 KB, 500x1200) Image search: [Google]
normiecuck.jpg
134 KB, 500x1200
This has become /v/ in a nutshell. Most people posting are cross-posters from NeoFag or Reddit.
>>
>>320886
The thrill of domination, obviously.
>>
>>320864
>"yeah, the outfits for the main cast look pretty damn great from what I recall. "
>"hope the game gets different versions of their black uniforms, at least... level 1 version, level 99 version, winter weather version, beach volleyball version, whatever. i'm ok with the design style if we got some variety and progress out of that general 'style'"
>"Shirtless basketball minigame in FF XV confirmed! Featuring Cindy as a secret unlock!"

Wow all of that hate. The only hate I'm seeing is people wanting more Fantasy-esque armor or clothing like previous FFs.
>>
>>320881
I am not interested in your completely wrong observation of the japanese games market.

I will also not stop voicing my opinions.
Shouting Neogaf or normies at anybody who disagrees with you wont accomplish change this.
Its also not shitposting just because someone disagrees with you.

If anything offtopic softcore porn dumps are what you could call shitposts.
>>
>>320893
Keep on reading. They're all mocking the director for being clueless. Meanwhile you get banned for shitting on any aspect of Destiny since one of the NeoFAG mods is a literal Destiny shill. NeoFag is infamous for pushing western shit.
>>
>>320895
>I will also not stop voicing my opinions.
Calm down NeoFag. I'm saying your opinion has no weight. You're acting like a child, thinking your opinions matter. They don't. For someone who makes a Senran thread, your opinions won't change their minds. They'll just think you a retard for attempting to derail their threads.

>If anything offtopic
>off-topic
>anime videogame image thread on an anime weeaboo imagesite

You keep proving yourself clueless and a NeoFagger. Good job.
>>
File: Bean_Seller.png (203 KB, 500x591) Image search: [Google]
Bean_Seller.png
203 KB, 500x591
>>320899
>NEOFAG NEOFAG NEOFAG
Talk about shitposting.
>>
>>320899
Listen up, there are Neofags posting on /v/ but your paranoia is reaching the critical mass.
Chill down and shut up.
>>
>>320896
Alright

>"the outfits are fine. Just let me change the colours to tell people apart."
>"I don't mind the cast's designs(like facial and hair design) though they would be a lot more unique with the two female characters shown as part of the crew but the thing that I dislike is their outfits. Like, the all black thing already makes them less diverse(really? They couldn't do black with other colors to seperate their design?) and then the outfits don't look great either. Noctis's original design was far more interesting and the others just look okay, with only two looking better than their original design."
>"I think their outfits are awesome. I like that they have style, even if it's unrealistic for battle. It doesn't bother me :)"

Looking at a Destiny thread now:
>"Because they make bad decisions. Same reason why supers are allowed in PvP and exotic weapons.
"
>"It's dumb that there is anything that you could play privately with friends that doesn't also allow matchmaking. There is absolutely no logic for being against it, since it would only effect those that want it."

>"Raiding in Destiny is nowhere near the complexity of MMO raids like found in WoW and such. They could have easily put in a playlist matchmaking feature for those who want it. Really no reason why they can't, as those hardcore are going to play in organized groups and not use matchmaking. Even the so called complex MMOs now have group finder raiding options even."
>>
>>320908
Why do people do this?
>>
>>320896
Oh and there is a long as fuck Tales of Zestiria circlejerk thread.
>>
>>320911
Beats me.
Blaming Neogaf for everything is silly by the way, but pretending they don't shitpost on /v/ is way more silly.
>>
>>320911
memes transcend space and time.

I think its weird that people expect communities to have absolutely no overlap.
Whats weirder is that I, someone who has absolutely no interest in visiting reddit or neogaf have to read about those places on 4chan all the time because people go berserk when others steal their memes.

Retards who shout Reddit and Neogaf 24/7 are some of the worst cancer on the board.
When people act like bitches on 4chan then thats not a reddit or neogaf thing, thats a local problem. And that should also be solved locally.
>>
File: tim-actually-said-this.png (158 KB, 650x740) Image search: [Google]
tim-actually-said-this.png
158 KB, 650x740
>>320915
Loss is pretty widespread across the internet. I'm pretty sure webcomic forums like Penny Arcade blew up when it was first released and a shitload of artists started their own parodies. I don't know if Gaf was part of it, but Buckley hate isn't exclusive to /v/ in the slightest.
>>
File: 0748.png (59 KB, 318x850) Image search: [Google]
0748.png
59 KB, 318x850
>>320931
The best webcomic in the world was making fun of loss for multiple years.
He made like at least two loss comics every month, and then some more extra punchlines.

Loss was a pretty big deal back then. And generally everybody did way better parodies than 4chan.
The /v/ loss.jpg shit is actually terrible meme tier trash.
>>
>>320945
Loss parodies from webcomics and other sites happened right after Fuckely posted Loss as well. Shit was insane.
>>
>>320952
Yeah, everybody was permanently shitting on him.

Good times.
>>
>>317597
>You post shit, you get shitposted

It should be
>You post shit, you get shitposted, who then get banned.

Ban self-moderation faggots from this site.
>>
File: 1401957162455.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1401957162455.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
To the mod/janitor who keeps deleting shitposts about "weebshit": thanks. It's not as good as splitting the board, but it's something.
>>
File: implying.png (306 KB, 435x434) Image search: [Google]
implying.png
306 KB, 435x434
>>320691
>discuss

Nobody "discusses" anything in weebgame threads, it's literally all waifufaggotry.

>who do you think is best Nep?
>I love Riesen!
>I want Chie to fart on my face desu

Literally every JRPG thread ever.
>>
/v/ just needs a sticky saying
>No Consolewars
>No e-celeb
>No repeat threads
>No obvious shitposting

Give a 15min ban for anyone who breaks the sticky and a day ban for anyone who says PCfat, Sonygger, kek, etc or posts those shitty /tv/ memes
>>
File: 1445037167434.jpg (41 KB, 250x235) Image search: [Google]
1445037167434.jpg
41 KB, 250x235
>>322224
Take a look at Skyrim, The Witcher and Mass Effect and Dragon Age threads on /vg/ sometime, Westkek. You don't even realize that it was your precious WRPGs that started with the dating sim shit despite criticizing Persona all the time for it.
>>
>>322242
Most people wouldn't read it. You have to assume that the majority is retarded, and work from there.
>>
>/v/ needs that
>/v/ needs this
You're just revealing your own newfaggotry, idiots. /v/ is as serviceable as it's been in years.
And even if not - like /b/, you really shouldn't provoke the hornet's nest.
>>
>>322291
/v/ is at the worst point it has been in years. Back then we didn't have Redditors and NeoGaf fags invading, but now we do and they won't leave.

We have got to fix this massive problem, and while I agree with >>322242 it simply won't work because the underage faggots will ignore the sticky. I hate to say it, but we might need a split at this point
>>
Hello,

Could you discuss in /v/, please?
/v/ relating things need to be discussed in /v/, I think.
>>
File: 1420023195509.png (134 KB, 525x353) Image search: [Google]
1420023195509.png
134 KB, 525x353
>>322303
He's here, the absolute madman!
>>
>>322297
>/v/ is at the worst point it has been in years
It really, really isn't.
I'd like you to take a screencap of the /v/ catalog and circle all the threads you consider bad or shitposting. Give some examples of what you think are "good" threads, for good measure.
>>
File: 1349873855529.jpg (9 KB, 290x268) Image search: [Google]
1349873855529.jpg
9 KB, 290x268
>>322303
...and there goes the thread.
>>
File: Greater_than_symbol.jpg (5 KB, 292x284) Image search: [Google]
Greater_than_symbol.jpg
5 KB, 292x284
>>320699
What if opening posts couldn't contain greentext?
>>
>>322303
It's not gonna work Hiro. It's just massive shitposting now.

But really we need help with /v/. Either we need to split the board or reinforce the rules
>>
>>322303
Yes, /qa/ really isn't a good place to talk about these things. The only people who come to /qa/ are people who have a lot to complain about (for example: >>322324).
/v/ is doing fine, all things considered.
>>
>>322303
Also it's best you start the thread. The mods will just end up deleting anything we anons create anyway and it'll get shitposterd to death
>>
>>322328
No it's not and you know it. I have never seen /v/ as bad as it is now
>>
>>322332
Good to know you've only been around for 2 years or less.
>>
>>322332
Also, see: >>322308
>>
>>322324
I see.
But there are other /v/ people who don't know this discussion.
I think they need to know and express their opinions, too.
>>
>>322338
Please don't listen to these people! /v/ is fine! There's no need to start splitting the community.
>>
>>>/v/315339652
>>
don't you fucking dare, hiroyuki
>>
>>322338
hiro, I saw you were posting and just wanted to take the opportunity to say I appreciate what you've been doing for the site and hope you're enjoying your time on 4chan.
>>
File: n o.gif (974 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
n o.gif
974 KB, 500x368
>>322303
No.

The board's been split enough. I'm having to straddle three goddamn boards already. Enough is enough.
>>
File: 1398542312966.png (190 KB, 500x586) Image search: [Google]
1398542312966.png
190 KB, 500x586
>>322338
We don't need to split the board at all, we just need better moderation. "Cute video game girl thread", "Trap thread", "Console war thread", all of these do not belong on /v/. /v/ is your biggest board besides /b/, I really think that you have to focus a bit more of your attention there.

Also just wanted to say really good job on the most recent wordfilters that you've added. Really cleaned the entire site up with baka desu sempai.
>>
File: 1416526299229.jpg (127 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1416526299229.jpg
127 KB, 693x693
There are 4 /v/s, stop splitting it for fucks sake
>>
>>322338
Please, /v/ does not need any more splitting.
What we do need is more strict enforcement of rules.
>>
>>322338
Hiroyuki, there's a growing trend of people coming to /v/ who don't have any intention of talking about video games, but rather talk about celebrities who gain their fame through the internet.

A vidya culture board where such things can be taken would be a godsend.

That being said, OP is talking nonsense about Japanese vs Western game divide, both have co-existed on /v/ for years without any issues
>>
>>322338
Moot said it before
"Talk about videogames!"
Just get more janitors/mods that enforce the only fucking rule of the board.
>>
>>322303
>hiro
HIRO NO
DON'T TAKE THE BAIT
FUCKING /v/ have 4 , 4 FUCKING BOARDS.
DON'T DO THIS MAN
>>
>>322303
There is no fucking reason to split /v/. Not all change is good, stop looking to change things just for the sake of doing so.
>>
File: stupid_toontown.jpg (42 KB, 368x367) Image search: [Google]
stupid_toontown.jpg
42 KB, 368x367
>splitting /v/

Then it isn't /v/. Don't do it Hiro!
>>
Please do not split /v/.

Its fragmented enough as it is.
>>
>>322338
Creating an 'internet pop culture' board in order to remove e-celeb discussions would be nice.
>>
>>322303
We would discuss things in /v/ if your power hungry little dick eating mods didn't keep deleting every thread about it.

How about this; you pull your kids into line, we'll tell you how to fix your shitty site.
>>
>>322338
Please do not remove the word filters.
>>
>>322338
Anything that slows down the posting on /v/ is a positive thing, I'd be fine with more board splitting.
>>
/v/ has been split too many times as is.

>/vg/, longer discussions for specific games
>/vp/, strictly one video game franchise
>/vr/, strictly for discussing games from ages past
>/jp/, an abomination of /a/ and /v/ if they were one board

Three and a half splits is enough. /v/ is already fractured as it is, and further splitting will just encourage more toxic behavior.

>/vw/ and /ve/ created, Vidya West and Vidya East
>/ve/ spams waifu threads on /vw/, /vw/ spams "muh superior graphix" and similar insults on /ve/
>Literally no worse than /mlp/ was with /v/ when it first came about

It would be a horrible, HORRIBLE choice to split even more.
>>
splitting by west and jap I feel would do more damage then good, but something should be done about the e-celeb garbage and console war non-sense. Having 6 threads pop up about the same game also really doesn't help, rule enforcement might help.
>>
>>322362
That's fucking dumb. A friendly reminder that "containment boards" don't work - they just attract and breed more cancer, which then inevitably spills out again.
>>
File: 1422416578271.png (355 KB, 486x466) Image search: [Google]
1422416578271.png
355 KB, 486x466
NO
why is this board allowed to exist
>>
>>322338
An Hiro, nuke /v/. Destroy it and build it anew. the shitposting is out of control
>>
>>322338
The thread is up here >>>/v/315340257

However Hiro I really do believe we need better moderation and a sticky saying what the rules are.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/5915679

Here you go familia
>>
File: 1b7.jpg (46 KB, 552x579) Image search: [Google]
1b7.jpg
46 KB, 552x579
>>322340
>/v/ is fine

/v/ is a fucking shithole
>>
>>322338
I've been coming to this site for more than 10 years

/v/ has deteriorated over the years but it was never ever so bad where every thread is just shitposting on top of more shitposting , even when we had generals fill up the first page we still had some discussions here and there but now you have to almost dig under the dirt to find threads that feel like they were not made to get a quick reaction or two.

honestly I'll put it like this
In my entire decade+ time on this site I will open one tab for /v/ , one for /a/ and another for /g/. Now I'll open one tab for /a/ , /g/ , /sp/ , /v/.
>>
THAT'S
FUCKING
RETARDED
>>
>>322303
Where would MGS threads go?
>>
>>322338

Moot split up /v/ years ago because people were unhappy with games like Starcraft or MOBAs. /vg/ was a direct response to how these games had too many threads.

The thing is, we really don't need /v/ to be split up again. /vg/ only happened because we did not have thread management controls or tracking systems like the catalog. Now that we have those today, it doesn't make sense to keep dividing up the board. If you split it off again, it will only make it worse since people will shitpost even more about how something doesn't belong in /v/.

What the board needs the most is good moderators that understand when to get rid of a thread and when not to.
>>
>>322303
Take off the cùck filter tbph pham
>>
>>322373
Fucking stupid poll.

The western and eastern split should never ever happen, but something needs to be done about the SJW bait, twitter screencap and e-celeb threads
>>
Have some form of an online culture board instead. It's a good place for the game lets plays to be rather than filling up the board with ecelebs, among other things such as camwhores, console wars, feminist shit, etc.
>>
File: trash.jpg (93 KB, 292x370) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
93 KB, 292x370
>>322381
>something needs to be done about the SJW bait, twitter screencap and e-celeb threads
Just delete it.
>>
>>322303

No matter what anyone tells you, don't split /v/. You'll just encourage more westaboos and normals to come here. They need to be ridiculed. Containment boards let them hide.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 111

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.