[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have lately listened to the album Bedlam in Goliath by the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
I have lately listened to the album Bedlam in Goliath by the band The Mars Volta several times, and, since the first time, I have felt there was something wrong with it although I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. So I checked some stuff, including the wikipedia page. This is a bit /x/, but this is what I found.

>"the album's original engineer went through a nervous breakdown, leaving behind all previous work with no notes as to where anything was.[6] The engineer who quit stated to Rodriguez-Lopez: "I'm not going to help you make this record. You're trying to do something very bad with this record, you're trying to make me crazy and you're trying to make people crazy.""
>"The song "Soothsayer" contains field recordings that Omar recorded in Jerusalem. The recordings are a mixture from the Jewish quarter, the Muslim Quarter and the Christian Quarter."
>"Goliath is a Philistine warrior mentioned in the Hebrew Bible. He is famous for his battle in the 11th century BC that he lost against David, the young Israelite boy who had already been chosen by God and anointed by Samuel to become the King of Israel."

Add this to:
>the whole ouija thing mentioned in the wikipedia article
>2nd track is called Metatron, a very important angel in Judaism
>on the song Goliath you can clearly hear some sort of distorted scream
>the title of the album, "bedlam in goliath", could be 'translated' as confusion in the legendary adversary of the king of Israel
Am I onto something here, or am I too far deep the rabbit hole?
>>
>>81501554
its a fucking amazing album, i can tell you that

always felt like dude wanted to do some occult shit but this is more /x/ material my man
>>
You probably just found some cool stuff by a pretty good band. Nothing to really overreact to. Bands that are interesting usually leave cool stuff like that in their music.
>>
I liked The Mars Volta a lot. Too bad they disbanded. None of my friends were interested in it though. Then again they all have shit taste.
>>
>>81501881
Yeah, my favourite one from them by far tbqh

>>81501991
I have that impression too. But there's a good deal of stuff going on, and the engineer thing is kind of spoopy

>>81503237
I know that feel, all my friends listen only to plebcore
>>
>>81501554
TMV produced some nuggets of gold but you have to trudge through a sea of coke-fueled dick-waving. Their gigantic egos not only caused the group to disband, but likely the mindless wankery in the later albums. I can imagine their producer telling them to tone it down and they'd just tell him to fuck off after getting high. I played the hell out of their albums though.
>>
File: 92589206896.jpg (11 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
92589206896.jpg
11 KB, 234x250
>>81501554
>Bedlam in Goliath
That album came out during my second gap year
Good times
>>
>>81505403
It's possible, I try to keep my judgment based mostly on the music and not too much on the musicians. The guy has a pretty cool voice tho, and the drummer in this album was brety gud

>>81506061
Someone's old, mate
>>
>>81501554
how much many pills have you taken OP?
>>
>>81501554
There's clearly some kabbalistic elements there.

Kabbalah is the trick Satan used to lure the Israelites away from Yahweh and Jesus Christ. It's what made them the Devils they are today.
>>
>>81508690
About 84
%

>>81509038
But wasn't the whole thing about people chosing satan over god supposed to be about them doing so of their own volition? Also that's pretty cool, as in Portuguese the word 'cabala' exists, and consists in a deliberate plan/maneuver by someone or a group of people to lure, trick or frame someone
>>
You can read the full length story here
http://www.jeremyrobertjohnson.com/TMVDIB.pdf

I love TMV, too bad the band is dead
>>
>>81510030
Kabbalah is incredibly pagan and anyone who is supposed to honor the rules and teaching of the prophets of the Torah would recognize this immediately. The Jewish Rabbis know Kabbalah is wrong and anti-Torah; but they choose to follow it because if they decided to only follow the Torah they wouldn't be able to deny that Jesus Christ is the Messiah.
>>
I heard some crazy shit happened when they recorded Frances the Mute as well.

I miss this band they were awesome.
>>
>>81510500
Merci bien mon ami

>>81510956
Well, any insight is appreciated, as I am very ignorant of Jewish myths and traditions. Any cool sources?
>>
>>81511174
Same, even more as their other projects aren't "bad" but they fall short of what tmv were
>>
Its all confirmation bias bullshit, but the album is god fucking tier no doubt.
>>
>>81501554
Their first two albums are killer, I've always had trouble getting into Bedlam even though everyone says it's great. Maybe I'll give it another go tonight
>>
>beliving Omar lies
lol
>>
>>81513150
Agreed. It also occurred to me that the whole ouija thing could be a weird kind of publicity stunt, as a motif that would sound cooler than "lmao we got high and came up with all these cool songs"

>>81514967
The song goliath is fucking brilliant, and I say this as a guy who has always listened to some heavy shit
>>
File: image.jpg (361 KB, 1536x1835) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
361 KB, 1536x1835
>>81511838
Listen here: http://en-gb.radioline.co/podcast-radio-exterior-desde-el-infierno

RTVE did a radio broadcasts program on it. The program that talked about it always talked about satanism and masonry and Nazi occultism and it never got any flak. But once they did this story of Judaism, Kabbalah and Satanism; their show got a ton of aggression directed towards them and they were taken off air. You can even see on the RTVE website all of the audios the program produced - except for the one about Judaism and Satanism.
>>
>>81501554
Isn't progressive rock degenerate?
>>
>>81517025
Kind of a pointless question, to some people on this Honduran steel drum gallery life is degenerate

>>81515836
That does seem pretty weird I gotta say. I'm gonna check it out bro
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.