[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Keeping up with the news
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Give me strength.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Give me strength.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
/pol/, how do you make sure that you're aware of happenings as soon as they are occurring? I was on my PC all Friday evening, yet I still wasn't aware of the Turkey coup attempt until it was well underway. Same with the shooting in Baton Rouge today.

I have RSS news feeds and I'm subscribed to multiple news outlets on Twitter. The problem with both of these is that I can't always be watching them though.
>>
I don't leave pol very often, except when I sleep, poop or microwave food
>>
>>81465765

Such is life in Swedistan...
>>
If you have twitter, follow cnn, nytimes and bbc.

If not, follow economist, cnn, nytimes on Facebook.

Also, just be on top of politics. Every morning when I wake up, I take like 30 mins - 45 mins to read NYTimes. Throughout the day, I check the front page to keep abreast of knowledge.

That's about it. Nothing else you can do. Some things, you hear via word of mouth.
>>
>>81466378
>If you have twitter, follow cnn, nytimes and bbc.
I follow all of those, along with Reuters, Sky News, France 24, and a few other aggregators. Tweetdeck is also really handy during Happenings.

I don't use Facebook though - fucking awful website.
>>
RT are always first on scene. It's a Russian newspaper so they never have to consult with 1500 Imams, Rabbis, tolerance and censorship committees and social engineers before they're allowed to report about happenings, that's why they're always the quickest with the best coverage
>>
>>81467968
Isn't RT known to be biased on reporting anything regarding Russia, the EU, and/or the USA though?
>>
>>81469632
If by biased you mean taking the side of facts and reason then yes.
>>
>>81470572
>Russian propaganda outlet
>based on facts

Just because it is not Sweden tier, doesn't mean its factually correct
>>
>>81470572
C'mon Sweden, stop being retarded.
>>
File: 1408293895770.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1408293895770.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
I wish there was an app or extension that would alert you when major news events are taking place. Problem is, how would it know what events are worthy of alerting you about?
>>
>>81471889
You are literally describing what pol is for
>>
>>81467968
RT is a good bet for getting news first. It's not the best bet for getting it accurately. Just follow RT to find out what's happening immediately, then wait for other more reliable sources to chime in. Next, spend your time sifting through whatever bullshit those more reliable sources add in.
>>
>>81465581
www.spidr.today
>>
>>81472788
/pol/ won't beep my phone to let me know that there's a happening occurring and I'm not on /pol/ at the time.
>>
>>81473211
Normie
get out
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.