[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is the cross used as a symbol for Christianity when it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: cross-002.jpg (61 KB, 1281x1982) Image search: [Google]
cross-002.jpg
61 KB, 1281x1982
why is the cross used as a symbol for Christianity when it was used to crucify.

not trolling. where did it come from to use this? I thought the fish was used initially?
>>
>>81465507
by this sign you will conquer
>>
>>81465507

Its the symbol of Christ's sacrifice (4 you)

Looks cool too
>>
>>81465507
It's the act of self sacrifice that cleansed everyone from sin - it represents his martyrdom, not the gruesomeness of the crucification itself
>>
Cross was used from the very beginning because we're told to bear our own crosses. Basically to resist our own temptations in life.

Also the fishes were used because of a neat trick in Greek which you can lookup but it also concealed their identity at the time from persecution. It probably stopped working after awhile.

To further support the use of the Cross. In the Book of numbers chapter 2 lists the army placements around the tabernacle in the shape of a cross.

The Cross is older than the NT.
>>
>>81465507

Let me spell it for you.

R-e-s-u-r-r-e-c-t-i-o-n.

>the only one.
>>
>>81465507

Bearing the cross is like blacks calling themselves "nigga". A symbol of oppression transformed into one of power.

Easiest explanation I can think of.
>>
File: 6660.jpg (28 KB, 331x448) Image search: [Google]
6660.jpg
28 KB, 331x448
they are christcucks what do you expect?
>>
>>81465507
It represents Jesus' death (sacrifice) to cleanse all sins, thus God's pact with all human beings.
Also because he died (as a human) and he resurrected (as something above a human) it means he truly was above us all but chosed to die as a filthy man to show his love.

Or something along these lines.
>>
>>81465507

Trough christ death we are reborn
>>
Christians are cucks who dream about getting crucified by jews and muslims.

Literally the most cucked religion that has ever existed.
>>
>>81466034
>that pic

howling
>>
>>81466034
Christ and God aren't the same though desu
t. Mormon
>>
>>81465507
>24Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

jesus using the cross before his dead
>>
>>81466593
>t. Mormon
but that's heresy
>>
>>81465507
supposedly constantine the great dreamed it before an important battle, first roman emperor who was baptized, one of the turning points for chistianity
>>
>>81467235
I thought he dreamed of this
>>
>>81467227
fite me desu
>>
>>81467227
It's a cult filled with idiots.
>>
Eusebius of Caesarea and other Christian sources record that Constantine experienced a dramatic event in 312 at the Battle of the Milvian Bridge, after which Constantine claimed the emperorship in the West. According to these sources, Constantine looked up to the sun before the battle and saw a cross of light above it, and with it the Greek words "Ἐν Τούτῳ Νίkα" (~in this sign, conquer!), often rendered in a Latin version, "in hoc signo vinces"(–in this sign, you will conquer). Constantine commanded his troops to adorn their shields with a Christian symbol (the Chi-Rho), and thereafter they were victorious.[2][12]
>>
>>81467661
4 u, i forgot to link
>>
>>81467661
>>81467752
ah reet, my mistake
>>
File: 1.png (91 KB, 350x495) Image search: [Google]
1.png
91 KB, 350x495
>>81465609
But that symbol was pic related.
>>
>>81465957
very good.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.