[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do millennials think about work so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: millennialswork.png (300 KB, 1065x853) Image search: [Google]
millennialswork.png
300 KB, 1065x853
Why do millennials think about work so much?
>>
Because, unlike boomers, we actually have to worry for our future. Degrees are being given out like candy, more and more companies refuse to give full time contracts and expect more and more overtime for no pay, housing is fucking expensive and so on. Our generation is way more fucked than the generations 30ish years ago.
>>
>>81380478
Is that a bad thing?
>>
>>81380789
Is this a joke? Do you live to work?
>>
It's more women in the workforce who want to be a strong independent career women that ends either dropping out at 30 to have babies or sticks with it and becomes a bitter old nasty boss
>>
Constantly thinking about how to get a better job because these jobs don't pay enough to live on.
>>
>>81380478
Who cares?
>>
>>81380682
>he still lives to earn the invisible jewish money
>he doesn't live off the land and wander place to place
>>
CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME C.R.E.A.M.
GET THE MONEY
>>
>>81380909
I like my job
>>
>>81380478
>Why do millennials think about work so much?
they spend most their time thinking about work in an abstract and hypothetical way instead of actually working
>>
>>81380956
The sad thing is they are usually the ones with the higher IQs.
>>
File: 1453179596726.png (1 MB, 1281x1113) Image search: [Google]
1453179596726.png
1 MB, 1281x1113
>>81380682
protip: EVERY generation thinks exactly the same shit. It's just that you don't know shit about the generations before you but you THINK you do because muh parents, muh boss, whatever.
THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT ANY GENERATION.
Quit buying into this Time magazine kind of shit. It's all marketing, nothing more
inb4 my unique sob story about how bad "we" have it, compared to this, that, and the fucking other.
>>
The great recession forced companies to cut the slack by firing employees and closing positions, resulting in a lot of displaced, experienced people seeking work. These workers downgraded by seeking relatively-lower class jobs, which cascaded down the class ladder, causing the most inexperienced labor market, millennials, to have less chances at work. Combined with increasing requirements for the workforce, something companies can leverage with the experienced workforce's shift down, the millennial is truly put to the test to find work, not to mention work in their field of study. tl;dr they have to think about it a lot
>>
>>81381432
Youre completely fucking retarded. Its a well proven fact that less and less companies hand out unlimited contracts. Most limit them to a set amount which was rather uncommon just 15 years ago. Its also a fact that buying land/real estate is significantly more expensive nowadays, especially in cities. Those arent myths you fucking monkey.
>>
>>81380962
>Work minimum wage job because you were too fucking stupid to pass college
>Want to get paid more for doing shit work
>Become a libtard because you don't want to be alone in thinking the world owes you for being autistic
Why anon?
>>
>>81380478
Because we have to work long hours for pennies, pretty much like every other generation.

We're just lucky enough to be in the age of retarded infographics and all these """studies"""
>>
>>81380478

Jobs are fucking shit now, no humanity remains, no unions to stick up for workers, cucked coworkers with no balls drag everyone down, pay is not consistent with cost of living, the working man is completely replaceable and companies know it, cushy middle management positions swelled full of women who are completely useless but required to be there due to government requirements, dehumanizing baby boomer assholes who maintain outdated views and systems, processes and procedures, somebody has to pick up the slack, get to work serfs.
>>
>>81381739
I have a chemical engineering degree and make $11.25 an hour opening boxes. STEM isn't a guarantee of a job.
>>
>>81381432
I'd say technology, internet, and mass propaganda has made millennials a lot different than other generations
>>
>>81380909
Well that's what humans are born for otherwise humanity wouldn't keep criminals alive.
>>
>>81382426
Fug. I'm finishing my Biochem degree in two years and I'm afraid of being fucked over

It can't be that bad, right?
>>
>>81382426
I know, i'm in CS and it's like the roaring twenties. It can't last. New grads making 85k and senior developers making $120k+ and all I hear around me are friends getting into it without degrees, and H1Bs flooding certain regions/companies. It's going to pop and the STEM meme will finally end. Was fun while it lasted. I'm just stockpiling money and going to leave the US when our wages adjust to the rest of the world's.
>>
>>81380478
The wageslavery is becoming serious. Frustration is at an all time high.
>>
>>81380478
>why are millennials such losers?
>why don't millennials make enough to move out on their own?
>why do millennials think about work so much?
>>
I work 40 hours a week and I'm 22, so a millennial, and work is the last thing on my mind.

Millennials just don't know what to do with themselves so they bitch about having to "work" for the rest of their lives after college.
>>
>Millennials are lazy!
>Millennials think about work too much!

Well fuck me, it really is the same old generational bullshit, huh?
>>
>>81382426
>>81382712
just move out of the cities. You can get a job just with a diploma for $11 an hour and that is pretty decent pay in rural areas. The brainwashed cucks are always moving out of rural areas so housing or apartments aren't that expensive
>>
>>81383265
I've been thinking about relocating a lot lately. I really need a job in my industry since I plan on going to grad school but if everything goes south I don't know which state to move to for maximum comfy

I just wanna be a scientist man. Everyone I talked to made it seem so easy and foolproof
>>
>>81381432
No. Plenty of boomers could afford the american dream-house, wife, kids all while working "at the plant" for 40 years. The only people i see nowadays with any stability close to this are braindrain immigrants and tech fags
>>
>>81381772
>no unions to stick up for workers,
Unions only stick up for themselves. Hardly any give a shit about workers anymore. Additionally it take multiple serious and documented fuckups to get someone canned.
>>
>>81382712
Try to be the very best, like no one ever was; get internships and research experience, keep your grades up, network with professors/alumni/recruiters, maybe learn secondary skills (like programming) to get a competitive edge (I hear a lot of cutting edge research in sciences involves programming now) or so you have a backup plan in case things don't work out with biochem.

There are still well paying jobs for new grads in STEM but you have to be the best of the best, being "good enough" is not enough these days as all industries are highly saturated.
>>
File: mmmm.jpg (145 KB, 670x424) Image search: [Google]
mmmm.jpg
145 KB, 670x424
>tfw phd in math
>200k starting, any job i want
>>
File: 1440318533710.jpg (144 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
1440318533710.jpg
144 KB, 624x420
why can't millennials get jobs?
>>
I thought millennials were lazy and entitled and didn't care about anything?
>>
"""""""research"""""""
>>
>>81381432
I grew up on the internet, there's no way I'm not different as fuck from somebody who grew up in a small farming community in the 20th century
>>
Is no one going to talk about how many teenagers are pressured into working after school, either by parents or just seeing their friends do it?
>>
>>81384671
I want this Steve-O/Millenial meme to die
>>
millennial here and I don't want to work at all

I know that I can either make my own way in life and I have a lot of money in assets I would be willing to trade for a nice life in the wild in Scotland.

When the fuck will robots take over all of these pointless jobs people are stressing and dying over? We're living in such inefficiency when there could be SO much done to make this world an efficient, happy, stress-free place.
>>
>>81380478
>Why do millennials think about work so much?

Easier than doing work
>>
File: 1455247974692.jpg (141 KB, 534x820) Image search: [Google]
1455247974692.jpg
141 KB, 534x820
MILLENIALS MILLENIALS MILLENIALS MILLENIALS MILLENIALS MILLENIALS MILLENIALS MILLENIALS MILLENIALS

FUCKING SHUT UP. WHO CARES
>>
>>81380478
Beats actually doing any
>>
>implying millenials aren't think about their next toke, handful of pills or shot of liquor
>>
>>81384467
Cool, what specific jobs offer 200k for a math phd?
>>
>>81382773
Software companies have very little capital costs so they can spend all their profits on employees.
>>
File: 1454212528984.jpg (95 KB, 490x735) Image search: [Google]
1454212528984.jpg
95 KB, 490x735
>>81387707
millennial spotted
why don't you start a family, laddy?
>>
>>81382773
>CS
>friends getting into it without degrees, and H1Bs flooding certain regions/companies
>It's going to pop and the STEM meme will finally end

CS - probably yes. STEM meme will continue without CS.
I'm in EE and the future looks comfy.
>>
>>81380682
this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>81381142
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALLLLLLLLLLL
>>
because boomers graduated high school, got a job in manufacturing or something else that actually matters and could afford a house by the their late 20s.

whereas now people have to graduate with their "'"""degree"""" before they're considered employable anywhere, still being limited to useless shit like "marketing" or "sales".

the rest of their paycheque goes to rent, which is subject to change at any time. north americans didn't have to rent in the past because there was tons of available real estate and constant development. now the entire anglo world is suffering from a real estate crisis where a tiny box costs 75% of your monthly income - and it goes into the air because it's just rent.

it doesn't help that north american culture is 100% commercial so the company people work for and its kool aid become part of people's identity.
>>
>>81381432
you're actually a retarded faggot. the industrialized world has hardly existed for more than a century and you think everyone's always had the same concerns since the start of time.
>>
>>81381042
Underrated post
>>
>>81381432

No it isn't you retard.

Back in ''the day'' most people did just highschool, college was only for the privileged ones.
After highschool you just picked out a company you would like to work (because almost every employer back than was desperate for hiring people), and you would work yourself up unill management level.

These days its soooo much harder, even with university degree you can't get a job at mcdonalds these days
>>
>>81381666
>TFW almost 30 and graduated college 5 years ago and still no real career, and barely any real job experience so probably screwed forever doing shit jobs if I can get one. They always want such perfect people.
>>
>>81380478
>think about work too much
So how was that study conducted? Was there a way to measure how much they 'think'? What was the standard for 'too much'?
Spoilers: No
>>
>>81388575

Being this new.
>>
>>81380682
Fpbp

Companies hire & fire like nothing too. Lots of foreign workers will work for nothing. When in not workingz I'm looking. Its endless. And I'm always worried about getting fired or getting hired. Sucks. No more 50 yr loyal jobs.
>>
File: 1458433667246.jpg (70 KB, 680x550) Image search: [Google]
1458433667246.jpg
70 KB, 680x550
>>81381432
My dad in the 1980's: rents an entire house for $250 a month

Me: rent a single bedroom apartment in the ghetto for $800/ month

Adjusted for inflation $250 in 1980 = $750 in 2016
>>
I'll give some advice:

Get a LinkedIn account and fill it with every single work related detail. Use a professional head shot. Don't post inspirational quotes but share industry related articles and comment on others. If you're worth a shit, craft a post. I've written one post that's been shared over 500 times. I did nothing more than compile some stats and comment on them. Stay active. Connect with people.

LinkedIn is like a mixer (minus appetizers and booze) that you don't have to leave your apartment, house, wherever to attend.

I get at least one email a month from business owners trying to hire me. This past week I had 2.

Now here's the kicker: if you get an offer and already have a job or you have no interest, meet with the person anyways. In my case, they always invite me for a coffee or beer. I go even though I have no interest. Why? To fucking network and keep in touch with as many people in my industry. You never know when you might be laid off or be without a job - having a literal backup network is great. I usually end up doing some form of business with these people - direct or indirect. One guy took me out to dinner and slid a hundred dollar bill my way because I referred a guy to him that he ultimately hired and enjoyed having.

But yes, the fuck off of Facebook or Instagram or your MMORPG and spend 15-20 minutes on LinkedIn. So many people use it and actively search for hires on it.
>>
The biggest issue with modern society is the lack of responsibility on all parts

when my dad entered the workforce in the 60s, at 16, he started with ZERO education, as an apprentice mechanic. Fast forward 50 years and he's a retired cheif engineer because Mobil trained him, from the ground up, to be the best damn marine engineer in Scotland, if not the world

Now I entered the workforce at 20, with a college education. The ONLY work I got after 6 months of searching was a "modern apprenticeship" where I did shitty office work on my shitty IT degree for a year, then was told to fuck off because they couldn't pay me slave wages anymore.

NO ONE is willing to train new personnel. Mobil now wants a 4 year degree in marine engineering to take you on as a CADET, any job that isn't rock bottom minimum wage requires knowledge you can't possibly get without a job in the field already
>>
File: 1468241662255.png (147 KB, 711x519) Image search: [Google]
1468241662255.png
147 KB, 711x519
>>81380478
What a shame they spend all that time THINKING about work instead of actually working.
>>
>>81391655
What if you're trying to break into a professional career but only have mcjob experience? I'm sure I will have plenty of recruiters seeking my sought after warehouse package handling skills
>>
>>81383265

>just move out of the cities
>can't save enough money to move out of the cities

You're stuck here forever.
>>
>>81391774
>NO ONE is willing to train new personnel.

HOLY SHIT THIS! They always want the perfect candidates as I said before. Not willing to give people a chance to become what their potential may be.
>>
>>81392056
I blame a combination of rose coloured glasses (since the people running these companies are the same ones given the chance to train up) and the 2008 recession bringing a lot of formerly retired back into the workforce.

Why give the 18 year old a chance (with all the costs of training and educating him) when his dad at 55 has at least 5 more years of work in him, and doesn't need to be trained
>>
>>81380478

Millenials rely on 25 years college, education, school and paperwork to get them were they need to go. By that time a quarter of their life is gone and alot of potential wasted. Their also rather lazy as their parents did not instil hardworking morals into them (babyboomer cunts). Our forefathers and ancestors had it better.
>>
>>81391974

Doesn't matter. Do it anyways.

Hopefully you have some school or certification or something you can show. Post it. Like I said, try to connect with people that can either hire you or refer you.

The easiest part for you autists is that you don't have to usually talk to these people face to face so you don't have to worry about spilling spaghetti from your pockets.

But seriously dude, get active on LinkedIn. I made one for shits and giggles and did nothing on it for years. Last year I got active and that's when I started meeting all these new people and developing actual colleagues. It's incredible.
>>
Move to Oklahoma - the cost of living is nothing and jobs abound. But then you have to live in Oklahoma, which is deeply conservative, a weather nightmare and the only state in the country to not have one county go for Obama.

On second thought, stay away from Oklahoma.
>>
>>81391774
True, I just read an article about the crisis in the oil and gas industry about older employees and how they struggle to replace them, then the oil industry crashes in 2015 and what do they do? Completely suspend campus recruiting, lay off everyone but only the top performers(mostly experienced old people) who can do the work of several lesser employees. My friend worked as an intern for a major oil company for 3 years as an engineering student, then when he graduated there was a hiring freeze and was told to fuck off.

>>81392609
Any tips for adding contacts? I don't know anybody in real life who uses it because I come from a blue collar pleb background, should I just add people at random?
>>
>>81389967
Yea I hope so. EE is not as ubiquitous though. You have to live in certain cities and work for certain companies to really have a career. CS you can really work anywhere which is going to be the death of our jobs.
>>
>>81392610
Oklahoma is truly gods country
>>
>>81380478
Because I cant get work.
>Part time cleaner wanted
>1 year experience
Fuck employers like that.
>>
>>81392892
Petroleum engineer is the best paying non-CEO job in the world, yet requires so much knowledge as skill no one bothers with the 6+ years of education to get there

And since the oil companies are terrified of actually training people, refineries are going to grind to a half as the old bastards running them die off, with no one to replace them
>>
>>81392325
It cuts both ways. Plenty of industries just fire parts of the workforce to reset wages to pleb tier because young guys will take it and not old guys.
>>
File: I've given up on reality.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
I've given up on reality.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
Just settle for the McJob.

Try to stretch every penny.

If you got parents that care, live with them. If not, get an apartment with many roommates.

Forget real girls, get 2d waifus.

Just focus on your hobbies and internet. There is too many people today. People aren't worth shit. Its human value inflation.

Just because we aren't cramped together like sardines doesn't mean overpopulation isn't a thing.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (13 KB, 167x175) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
13 KB, 167x175
>>81393333
Kek this.
>bottom rung banking position
>need Canadian Securities Course
>get CSC
>need 2 years experience in front end finance
>mfw
>>
File: 20140906.png (642 KB, 684x2646) Image search: [Google]
20140906.png
642 KB, 684x2646
>>81380478
>just look the manager in the eye and give him a firm handshake
>when I was your age minimum wage was $2/hr and I bought this house, a car and paid for college just by working summers
Image absolutely related.
>>
>>81393333
Quads of truth

>Working as a pizza boy
>Look for work every day
>Literally everyone wants 2+ yeas of experience
>The very few that don't want a very specific university education and a series of courses that are £500+ each
>>
Does shitposting on Kikebook about Bernie Sanders during work hours count as 'caring too much'?

t. Gen Xer who missed being a millennial by a year
>>
>>81390400
Bad example, McDonalds even goes out of their way to advertise the fact that they hire teens with no experience. You do have to be a shitskin though.
>>
File: 1468648712855.jpg (29 KB, 640x519) Image search: [Google]
1468648712855.jpg
29 KB, 640x519
Why do millennials like drinking bubble tea?
>>
>>81391774
Well imagine it from a business perspective. As if you are the one hiring resources. Requiring someone to stake a student loan on their own self-determination, commitment, and abilities, to prove to future employees that they have what it takes to work for their company -
That's a lot less risky than taking on inexperienced new hires and hoping they have what it takes. Theyve proved themselves at their own expense instead of at your expense.
How are they making the wrong business decision?
>>
>>81393422
Those are industries where unskilled or uneducated labour can pick up the slack

When was the last time a shipyard laid off all the experienced welders in favour of a bunch of kids? Or a bank laying off all the managers
>>
>>81392892

Search job titles for jobs you want as well as the job titles for the people that supervise/manage those jobs. Give heavy focus to local results.

For example, I work in commercial real estate. I focused on building managers to develop a network of business leads for future hires, employment, contracts.
>>
File: Nowhere to run.png (6 KB, 477x284) Image search: [Google]
Nowhere to run.png
6 KB, 477x284
>>81392610
>>81393158

I've lived in Oklahoma for my entire life. It's a great place to live.

The weather is part of the fun. Some people get out lawnchairs to watch heavy thunderstorms, sometimes tornadoes. Also tons of people who live here never leave. It's a lot like 4chan.
>>
>>81393422
Also this is pretty accurate. Currently work for a supplier of GM, the old guys make $26/hr plus while the kids are making $14.
>>
>>81393548
>>81393561
>>tfw 23
>tfw I have a huge gap to explain to future employers
>keeps growing as it continues to make me look worse
Will probably an hero when my mother dies and I go homeless because no one will take me on.
That or become a hermit in a different country with lots of free land.
>>
File: 1357905606418.png (285 KB, 760x756) Image search: [Google]
1357905606418.png
285 KB, 760x756
>>81393797
because its a tea and fruit flavored milkshake with tapioca candy.
>>
>>81393797
The milk tea is delicious, I don't get the balls though. They are not mandatory.
>>
>>81393857
By not training the personnel themselves they're expecting the colleges to know precisely what they want.

I'm fairly sure that Mobil doesn't give two fucks if their engineers know what institutionalized sexism is or not

By training the personnel themselves, they can achieve faster turnarounds on job losses instead of waiting the 4+ years it takes for someone to get trained up on their own tot, and the several months afterwards retraining them the correct way anyway
>>
>>81393907

>never leave

You, Okiefriend, are both correct and astute with that - I've been all over the country with my work, but I never plan on leaving.
>>
>>81393925
Just get diagnosed with assburgers and live on neetbux in a council flat
>>
File: 1355551531868.png (588 KB, 586x583) Image search: [Google]
1355551531868.png
588 KB, 586x583
>>81394063
its like toppings on ice cream. It varies the texture and flavor
>>
>>81393925

What is your huge gap? Most employers in burgerland don't expect to see much of a resume from a 23-year-old of any nationality.
>>
>>81393925
Holy fuck lad are you me?

>23
>university degree
>going to college
>nothing but automotive grunt work on resume
I figure my dad being alive is the only thing keeping me from seriously considering going to fight with the Kurds.
>>
>>81393925

Grow a pair and press on. Goddamn didn't Churchill say "We shall never surrender"? How can you not have motivation with that guy as your former leader?

You are not worthless, you can find jobs. You've just got to kick your own ass into gear and make it work. Do not make excuses or rely on them. Find something, anything. Even if it's shoveling shit, you have a starting point - which is more than you have now.

Grow and make progress in increments. Set short term goals - salary, responsibilities, etc.

It's not hard man. Trust me. The hardest part is literally getting the wheels turning.
>>
>>81380478
brainwashed since day 1 of school
grade school has been basically them telling you "if you don't do well you won't go to a good college" despite high school not even being able to teach them basic shit
college has been getting more expensive so many don't think about going but still worry about getting work
those that do go to college end up worrying about all the debt and if they even will get a job to pay it off
>>
>>81393797
It's really good. I got into it cuz my best friend in law school was Chinese and would take me out with the Asian syndicate.

I rock the honeydew but milk tea is pretty bomb too.
>>
>>81383769

The reason you cannot afford these things is because you are a lazy bum and aren't working hard enough.
>>
>>81393797
It's culturally enriching and full of balls.
>>
>>81393870
fair enough. I didn't say all industries but pretending only young people have it hard is silly. Call your grandmother and tell her you love her.
>>
File: tim-actually-said-this.png (165 KB, 650x740) Image search: [Google]
tim-actually-said-this.png
165 KB, 650x740
>>81394317
historically you would have gotten a job at your father's workplace in the same or similar trade.

Or your father would have paid some other man to take you as an apprentice. In effect paying another man to act like your father.
>>
>>81393925
Fill the gap with volunteer and charity work while you look for something real
>>
>>81394694
My dad started a small business and retired when I was a teenager though. Shit out of luck.

At least if the army takes me I'll be ready for the great happening of our time.
>>
>tfw you're waiting for basic income to become a thing and save us all from wageslavery
>>
>>81394294
Dropped out of HS at 17 with anxiety, which has now got worse due to low confidence and stress over my situation. I have done volunteer work, but the jobcentre said too much shows you dont want a real job. They also sanction you if you do too much.
So I have courses like first aid, volunteer shit and a job that was 6 months only, that I only got because it was a scheme were employers were paid to take on young people for 6 months. They didnt need me, as they didnt train me in anything and I gained no experience outside of general labouring. I also did another sgort job washing dishes, but it was similar, not permanent.
>>
>>81395012

>tfw that when basic income becomes a thing you'll long for the days of wageslavery
>>
File: mgtow in a nutshell.jpg (330 KB, 800x938) Image search: [Google]
mgtow in a nutshell.jpg
330 KB, 800x938
>>81380478
You think a lot about things you don't have or can't get like a good job, spare money, faithful wife, good car, your own house, more than 2 hours of free time a week, perspectives for future and ak47, funny that last thing is actually not that hard to get.
>>
File: 1462505039500.png (69 KB, 322x340) Image search: [Google]
1462505039500.png
69 KB, 322x340
>>81395132
I wish I could fuck her everyday
>>
>>81394694
Well one of the little things as far as job experience I did do was help dad for awhile at his own office but then he pretty much quit needing me , and basically no longer gives an honest shit about me a lot of the time anyway.
>>
>>81394900
I have.
Apparently it looks like I am afraid of committing to full time work. My jobs advisor said this.
>>
>>81395106
Oh man I keep dealing with anxiety/self esteem/confidence etc myself too. I know the feel
>>
>>81395132
Is there a full picture?
>>
>>81395132
Isnt it sad, we are apparently more advanced as a society yet we cant get things that are so simple.
I would genuinely sacrifice all technology to go back in time to a different era. A house, job, wife and gun would be fine.
>>
>>81393548
BTW the kek thing isn't just fags that got bored with lel, it's fag satanists and their ignorant tools who want pain and suffering because they're pathetic shitbags. Don't buy in, watch https://youtu.be/XXRC4TfmHEs?t=15m and make up your own mind. Also look into Manly P Hall's freemason plan for 3 world wars, with the 3rd being to instigate war between islam and christianity.
>>
Honestly you guys just need to suck it up and take any job you can, and apply for anything at all. Aquire limited skillsets and embellish them or just outright lie, and even take a job you will hate if it pays well. I'm a huge computer nerd and now I work outside every fucking day in the crane industry. I make 30 dollars an hour and get shitloads of overtime. Next week my check will be around 2 grand, and I get paid by the week. Even though I knew I would hate this job when I took it, I'm well on my way to paying off a brand new Mercedes Sprinter(which I live in to save up money). After I pay off this vehicle I only need to pay for maintenance,gas,food, phone, and insurance. By the time the year is over I'll be able to save almost 70% of my paycheck. After I do that for around 5 years I can live off of dividends from my mutual fund. I should be able to retire at 32 if I work my ass off now and just make this shit happen. What other generation could totally stop working before 40 and be just fine?
>>
>>81381432
Why are leafs so retarded?
>>
>>81382426
Same degree, same position. Fuck this gay Earth.
>>
>>81395299
You have a jobs advisor? Is that like a life coach? It's crazy to think that helping your community can reflect badly for working

good luck man. I'll root for you
>>
File: 1465814395268.jpg (14 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1465814395268.jpg
14 KB, 288x288
>>81381432
>Living conditions change from generation to generation based on economy and other multitude of factors
>NOOO ALL LIVES ARE THE SAME
>>
>>81395106

I have anxiety as well. It's slowly going away. Didn't cause me to miss work but it did cause me to shell out thousands in medical bills figuring out what was wrong. My anxiety causes my chest to tighten - I thought I was having a heart attack but thankfully it was only panic attacks.

I was on Klonopin but realized that if there were ever a happening I would be shit out of luck and going cold turkey. I titrated off and just begin dealing with it. It's slowly, slowly going away. Instead of constant chest tightness it maybe only happens a few hours a day.

Best thing you can do is to expose yourself to whatever triggers your anxiety. Someone actually suggested that to me on here and I must say that it works very well.
>>
>>81382426
What's in the box?
>>
>Be STEM
>Get comfy office job
>shitpost on /pol/ all day for $52K per year
>tons of student loans but can still afford to shop at the nice grocery store

Can't complain lads.
>>
>>81381432
protip: EACH generation thinks different shit. It's just that you don't know shit about the generations before you but you THINK you do because muh parents, muh boss, whatever.
THERE IS SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT EACH GENERATION.
Quit buying into this Time magazine kind of shit. It's all marketing, nothing more
inb4 my same sob story about how bad "we" are all equal, compared to not equal, that and the fucking hurr
>>
>>81380478
>think about work to much
Maybe they should stop thinking about it then, and actually get a fucking job
>>
you just gotta get lucky. Believe it or not there are some companies out there that are desperate to hire people and if you have a degree with little to no experience they'll still take you on. And these are $40k/year type jobs too. Just keep applying; I counted around 80 or so applications before I finally landed a job, plus probably 10-15 applications I forgot about.

You'll find a way bros
>>
>>81395690

Why do you have a mutual fund when index funds perform better?

Why do you live in a Mecedes Sprinter when an apartment would be cheaper, and a condo would be cheaper than that?

Why do you want to stop working at 32?

Why am I responding to an obvious troll and/or idiot?
>>
File: 1379187435141.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1379187435141.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>>81395690
>Honestly you guys just need to suck it up and take any job you can, and apply for anything at all
>I make 30 dollars an hour and get shitloads of overtime

Where I live a job like this would get literally thousands of applicants, you make it sound like some mcjob anybody can acquire
>>
>>81382426

Damn man. That sucks.

I have no degree and make about $49 an hour doing info sec.
>>
>>81380478
Yeah in the job market of today there's no job security. Young people worry and look for better work.
>>
>>81395690

>outright lie

Can confirm. Friend of mine lied that he had soldering experience to land a job assembling PCUs. I told him what I knew (wasn't much) and he not only got the job but was commended on his abilities in the first week.

You can fake it to get in the door but you have to, at the very least, maintain the illusion to stay inside.
>>
>>81382426

College itself is a bubble.

I'm just working on a liberal arts degree for as cheep as I can. Nothing outside history and politics and other stuff like that interests me. I don't actually expect to get out of McJob territory.

All the degrees will be worth the same soon anyways, way too many people buying in to the STEM meme and the college promise.
>>
>Get told I don't work enough and "when I was your age..."
>See OP
Make up your mind society, which one is it?
>>
>>81396045

Index funds are a type of mutual funds, retard.
>>
>>81396176
Actually, maybe the college bubble bursting will be good though. If law school actually becomes affordable I might just pursue that.

But fuck is everything expensive now.
>>
>>81380478

>fuck I'm almost 30, I need to get a job soon

>fuck fuck fuck fuck, I don't want a job damn it, fuck
>>
>>81384671

I want to make a career out of filming myself doing stupid shit
>>
>>81380478

>C'mon goyim don't work so hard!
>Think about travelling!
>You know exploring the world makes you a batter person :^)
>explore diversity, don't worry about the costs, your friendly neigbourhood bank can loan you the money :^)))))))
>>
>>81396045
Because I live in my van, I go to the gym every day to shower. Because I go to the gym every day to shower, I work out. Because I can cook in my van, I no longer eat fast food. Because I can sleep anywhere, I no longer have a long commute to work at any time, this affording me a healthier sleep schedule.
>rent is throwing away money without gaining any tangible asset that you can keep, and it would cost 1/4th of my income to maintain an apartment in my area. Reduce bills, quicken savings.
>Time is the only resource we cannot get back, to spend it on work only to die with a large bank account is a waste of the most precious resource we get.
>>
>>81395887
My stomach hurts and it feels like I will shit myself, vomit, and my head spins. Sweat a lot to.
Currently using welfare money given to me to see a therapist. All the doctor did was give me tables that didnt work at best, and made me suicidal.
Exposure is hard, I need to be "trapped" in a public situation I cant leave.

>>81396474
The internet killed that industry. Like it's killing paid porn.
>>
>>81395132
>Need money in order to get a girl who's not a skank
>Need money in order to get housing that's not in a complete shithole
>Need money in order to get an education to get a decent job
>Need money in order to get the transportation needed to maintain everything
>Need LOTS of money in order to raise a family in non-squalid conditions
>Need money to maintain friendships and not go full assperg
>If you're lucky enough to get a job, most entry level positions pay enough for roughly 50% of one of the above
BOY OH BOY IM GLAD I WENT ENGINEERING!
>>
>>81396864
Is the van down by the river?
>>
File: 1468528869264.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1468528869264.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>81394356
>excellent student in high school
>34 ACT
>oh anon you're so smart you can do anything you want!

Now mind you scholarship requirements are fucking ridiculous. In addition to the stupid test score I would have had to sink years into student organizations, "being a leader in my community," landing a spacecraft on Mars and not being a white male. But if I did those things I wouldn't have the time to excel in all of my classes, have multiple electives and prep for the standardized tests and shit.

>get half of my estimated costs covered by a college based on the test score
>guess I'll go fuck myself for the other half, spent all my time in school and doing homework so I don't know shit about the real world
>see my older friends getting fucked by student loans, don't want any part of that
>family poor af, college fund gone thanks to the recession
>employers have the same requirements as the fucking scholarship orgs, and on top of that they want a degree

And that's how I became a NEET.
>>
>>81380478
Because I don't have one and I'm fucking fucked if I don't get one soon. I've been job searching for almost a year and it's discouraging and demoralizing as hell to get no call-backs or job offers.
>>
>>81380478
Why do forum sliders slide so much?
>>
>>81396059
Then you need to move. I drove here and lived in my car for a month just to take this job. You have to be mobile and willing to sacrifice your comfort,morals or dignity, sometimes both.
>>
>>81396330
Law is really not as bad as everyone says. Too many people went in not actually wanting to be lawyers so they never really treated it the right way. It's also an old profession that it's got a really high retirement age- so openings are not coming along as with other jobs. at least in my field of law there is a massive age gap 1/3 of us are in their early 30s And rest are well over 50. It's going to be interesting in The next few years when people start retiring in huge numbers and there is no one over the age of 40 to take the top spots
>>
>>81397246
>Scholarships
I still remember looking the requirements up after hearing my (minority) friends talking about their packages
Seeing 99% of them had being "Don't be a white male" as a stipulation was one of my first redpills
>>
>>81397225
No, but that's where I park it if I get a weekend off.
>tfw I live in a van down by the river and smoke reefer.
>>
>>81397527
RIP Chris Farley though one of the funniest bits he ever did on SNL.
>>
>>81397509
Can you just claim another race on the forms? It's not like they will verify.
>>
>>81397593
I wouldn't fuck around with that, fraud on that level could land you in some serious shit
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5 KB, 176x209) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5 KB, 176x209
>>81397590
Yeah...
>Goodnight, sweet prince
>>
>>81394565
My granny died of 4 strokes in the course of a single week 2 years ago

I'd call my grandad, but he doesn't talk to this half of the family
>>
>>81397696
Don't be a little bitch. America was built on fraud.
>>
>>81397246
My story
>white male
>29 ACT
>honors in high school
>live with single mom
>living right about poverty line
>file FAFSA
> $600 in pell grants

My gf

>white female
>25 ACT
>honors
>lives with mom and step dad
>combined income of $70k
> $6500 in pell grants
>>
>>81397593
I would like to see someone try this. I mean, fuck, you could say you self-identify as a genderqueer transblack and the SJWs would flock to support you if cried about it on Twitter loud enough
>>
>>81397246

>ow mind you scholarship requirements are fucking ridiculous.

Also be black
>>
>>81383265
>11 and hour

toppest kek my man have fun living off that in even the cheapest places
>>
>>81382426

>$11.25

Damn, that's minimum wage here
>>
>>81390093

Yet. But when retail stores do Job Fairs. They have lines out the door, many of whom spent years in school, and have big degrees. Can't find shit
>>
File: 060830_cruise_vmed_12p.widec.jpg (20 KB, 298x431) Image search: [Google]
060830_cruise_vmed_12p.widec.jpg
20 KB, 298x431
>>81398049
If I go back to college I'll do it, but just keep my head down and make sure nobody thinks I'm black but the offices providing the forms. I lied about being Jewish for a long time and ended up getting tons of benefits for it, but I got in too deep.
But...
>tfw you Jew the jews
>>
File: 1440456487199.jpg (7 KB, 200x213) Image search: [Google]
1440456487199.jpg
7 KB, 200x213
>>81397962
Mmm, don't you just love all that privilege? Isn't it nice to have everything in life handed to you on a silver platter just because

YOU'RE A

FUCKING

WHITE

M A L E
A
L
E
>>
>Think too much about work
>don't work

what
>>
Did something like this also happen in other countries with social security and a lot of social services? Like 10 years ago, every single policeman, nurse, teacher you name it was directly employed by the German government, so called 'verbeamtet'. Receiving such a contract basically got rid of all your worries at once. You were almost guaranteed to get promoted and receive really good payment, had to pay less taxes than the average wage slave, received a hefty fucking pension and most of all COULD NOT GET FIRED. Germans received these contracts for decades.

The modern generation doesnt anymore. These sorts of contracts have become really rare and only a fraction of people can their hands on one. Another perfect example how our generation is basically getting fucked. People completely underestimate what an unlimited contract, or the employers inability to fire you, does for the mental stability of a person. I know so many people who worry about getting fired on a daily basis, was particularly bad from 2009-2012. No wonder more and more people suffer from burnout at a young age when this is what you have to undergo for 50 years of your life. Not to forget that the retirement ages keeps getting pushed. My grandparents retired at the age of 60, current age is 67 and will most likely be pushed to 75ish by the time I come of age.
>>
>>81380478

It's summer time, gotta bank up that OT, so I can take days in the winter!
>>
>>81397509
Blah blah don't be a white male. Well if you're poor, you'll get free money for college. If you're not poor, then you can afford college. What's the big whoop?
>>
>>81399291
>implying parents will actually help out with college.
You don't get grants if your parents make tons and leave you to the wolves.
>>
>>81381432
This.
Quit complaining you useless millenials, go out and work hard
>>
I'm thinking of resigning and focusing focus on making a profit with commission with drawfagging while day trading.
>>
>>81381432
We literally witnessed the biggest game changer in human history besides fire, the internet. This generation is finally in "the future". We made more progress in the past decades than we have in hundreds of years.

Fuck off with your "it's always been like this". No it hasn't. Stop being a contrarian.
>>
So, I have a MSME and work in the industry. My entire job is about meeting unrealistic timelines made by business majors who have not a single clue about how to design a product.

So I work 60hrs a week to make a product that is demonstrably worse than our current product but cost 30% less. Management doesn't care because they see a promotion once we get our transfer costs low enough. The company will end up being bought out by an intermediary who will move our production to Mexico. If I'm lucky I will get to hold my job for a while as a I train my replacements.

Now, ask me again why I think about work so much.
>>
>>81399291
>be poor
>decent 4yr degree costs in the ballpark of $100,000 + textbooks, room and board
>Financial Aid to the rescue!
>Now you'll only be $60,000 in debt the day you graduate! See, you're only half fucked!
>>
>>81380909
>Germany
>not living to work

Honestly though, I really do. It helps fill the hole that is my social life.
>>
>>81399495
Make a profit for several months before you quit, that way you know the income s will work with your current bills.
>>
>>81394694
I asked my dad if something was available at his workplace.He said only to find he was lying. There were quite a few positions open that ended up getting filled by the children of the other parents who work there.

Jokes on him, he's getting shoved in a nursing home and never visited.
>>
>>81400106
I already save quite enough capital and a bit of an emergency fund, everything is planned out. I already have a couple of investments in blue chip companies and is doing quite well. My mind numbing day job is killing me inside.
>>
>>81399916
People have a wrong impression of us. Germans are literally the least work loving people on the planet. You put us into the office for 40 hours and we will more efficiently than almost anyone else. But as soon as they 40 hours are clocked we will leave and enjoy life. Everybody always seems to think that we live for work, when in reality we spend less time at work and more time away from work than basically any other developed society. We just work WHEN WE SHOULD WORK and chill WHEN WE SHOULD CHILL.
>>
>>81382426
fuck that
thank god I changed from ChemE to an actuarial degree
>>
>>81382426
Did you move to where the work is? Some degrees are like that.
>>
>>81400570
They all do that, especially with shit coworkers.
>>
>>81391096

I'm literally renting a 2 floor townhome for $720 a month.

Protip: live in bumfuck nowhere suburban Kentucky instead of NY Tristate area or Detroit.
>>
>>81399624
>MSME

Whats that?
>>
>>81381432
>hurr durr things never get worse

this is what liberals actually believe.
>>
>>81401072
800 a month is pretty standard rent for an apartment DESU.
>>
>>81400733
>enjoy life
By playing work sims?
Rune Factory is fun, but Forklift simulator, really?
>>
>>81401607
Every time I look at reviews of people who played shit like Train Simulator for 5000 hours+ its Brits. So please James.
>>
>>81382426
Same here dude. Fuck I wish I did CS instead.
>>
>>81401696
James? That's a new one
>>
>>81380478
I think an overwhelming majority of people on this board are millenials.

It's either something I actively think about or something that's in the back of my mind constantly - but I think that's normal, figuring out how to best look after myself and the people close to me.
>>
>>81399900
>the day you graduate
>not working during the 4 years you spent in college
>>
>>81401696
Thats actually my name Hans.
>>
I will be a sophomore Chem Eng with a minor in CS. I am working an internship now and these guys are basically begging to hire me next year. I think all these people who bitch about STEM jobs are just the kind that thought a job is given to them after a degree...
>>
>>81393797
More importantly why does bubble tea always have a vacuum-sealed top?
>>
>>81380909

Our societies are built on work Mehmet
>>
>>81380909
What else is there to do besides shitposting and drinking?
>>
>every other day or so I dream I'm working
>deliver a package to some house
>wake up to my pillow in the sink

i want to die
>>
>>81380478
because and i quote... AHEM....:
"work work work work work sdlkfjsl;akfjsl;dkfjalskdf dur dur dur dur dur sfalkjdjfkdjfienviefj nah nah nah nah nah spwkfleiafjslefij mlaw mlaw mlaw mlaw mlaw" - Rhianna
>>
>>81404700
Hobbies, stuff that actually fulfills you (assuming your job doesnt, its unlike that it does for more than like 5% of the people), family, exploration etc.

>>81403873
It was possible for it to be build on work because people also had plenty of time to not work.
>>
>>81380682
The obvious solution is suicide. We're fucked anyways, why keep suffering?
>>
>>81380909

Says the Kraut
>>
>>81380478
College degrees are all but useless.
Many companies are hiring part-time/internships and you have to hope you're going to be made full time eventually...or you get stuck in a secure but shitty job with a shitty boss
So you're having to decide if you want to keep on working there or not.
>>
>>81380478
>raise an entire generation making them believe that you need a college degree to be remotely useful
>said generation has no way to collectively pay for their collective tuition
>a few get money from parents, a few more get scholarships, some get OK loans that can get paid back in a few years, but most are fucked with +100k of student debt that grows
No wonder. We need more skilled labor anyways.
>>
File: 1465873747291.jpg (41 KB, 476x470) Image search: [Google]
1465873747291.jpg
41 KB, 476x470
>26
>currently unemployed, been NEET most of my life except for a few shitty minimum wage jobs
>no friends, no connections
>have BPD and ADHD, very mentally ill and hard to hold down shit
>dropped out of college twice because of it
>heading back to community college soon, can't get anything in programming or STEM because I also have dyscalculia; I can't do math or handle code worth a fucking shit
>only things I'm good at are art and writing but I've missed the boat on those since they hire slave-interns fresh out of college and nothing else
>still living with mom because I can't afford an apartment
>she's a boomer who was once making 150 k a year but now we're broker after my dad passed away from pancreatic cancer + spending it on my for expensive meds and therapy
>NEETbucks ans insurance expiring next year

Should I just fucking kill myself? Because I'm having breakdowns almost every other weeking and I'm constantly thinking about suicide every other hour.
>>
>>81402248
>implying one job even covers your """"revised special 69th edition"""" mandatory textbooks that you can only buy from the campus store at full price because rules

Sure, if you can spare an extra 40-60 hours a week, have at it. Some people need to actually study a lot and spend time on their writing to get decent grades. But many people do work through college, at the cost of health and sanity, and they're still in a shit ton of debt when they get out.
>>
>>81380478
C'MON MILLENNIALS, YOU GOTTA WORK HARD, BUT YOU GOTTA PLAY HARD TOO.
>>
File: TrumpLeader.jpg (4 MB, 2064x2440) Image search: [Google]
TrumpLeader.jpg
4 MB, 2064x2440
>>81380909
I do, and its because I want kids eventually. You need money to live, especially when you don't have UN-bucks, Ahmed.
>>
>>81410843
Get fucking on with it, buy a gun and shoot up a mosque. Let the cops take you down
>>
>>81380478
Because you always want what you can't have.
>>
>>81382712
Computer software engineering is the future of all innovation. Hardware is always more difficult to make work, and pays less.

In your case, internships are the key.
>>
>>81380478

For the past 2 months all I have been thinking about is work.

How to find it. How to keep it. How to juggle part time jobs.

My degree is useless.
Now that companies are forced to give healthcare / discounts for full time workers, it is very hard to get a full time job.

So I have to juggle several part time jobs. It's hard because of time constraints, of course.

I'm stressed out as fuck. I am barely scraping by. This is not the America they told me about in elementary school.
>>
>>81410843
But anon if you kys you'll miss all the happenings. At least stick around for the good part
>>
>>81381432
>protip: EVERY generation thinks exactly the same shit. It's just that you don't know shit about the generations before you but you THINK you do because muh parents, muh boss, whatever.
I don't know your parents or your boss
>>
>>81396133
what do you do in info sec, I'm legit interested in your work
>>
File: 1453071306138.jpg (16 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
1453071306138.jpg
16 KB, 704x400
>21
>2nd year of Biotechnology degree
>applying for internships feels like college admission all over again
>want references, achievements, previous work experience, extracurriculars, Peace Prize Awards, peer reviewed papers, missile launches, # of 3rd world minorities saved
>degree requires internship to graduate
>will probably end up begging professors and internship coordinator to let me onto a research team so I can graduate
That's just academia. It gets worse

>scored a retail job in my mall for the holidays
>get 8 hours a week
>list of employees is ~40 people
>we only have 5 on the job at a time
>after the holiday season only the managers and a couple of full-time stock people get to stay
>everyone else is canned
>haven't had a job in 1.5 years
Shit's fucked

>>81410843
I'd find a way to cut expenses and live off NEETbux if I were you. Work with your mom and find a way. Maybe she'll sympathize and understand since we're basically still in a recession

Start collecting cans too. I've thought about it more and more recently but I don't think I can compete with the people who do it to survive

>>81411550
>In your case, internships are the key
Yeah it seems like the only way into my industry now. My school shills so hard for us to get internships early so we get connections and job skills. Nobody will hire us otherwise it seems
>>
>>81411582
Just curious, what's your degree in?
>>
The depressing widespread reality of all this
>>
>>81380909
Well, Abdul, in the West we typically work. We don't sit around wiping our asses with our hands and trying to claim the sexiest goat.
>>
>>81380478
Because most of them are unemployed.
If you're unemployed, you think about jobs.
If you're employed, you don't think about jobs.
>>
>>81411925
That's why you don't go into a science degree without a plan on how you're going to get into the workforce. (Medfags get a pass though).
>>
>>81412177
You realize that we work less than anyone else, have more free time anyone else, are the more efficient than anyone else, right? So it appears we (or at least most of us) try to work as little as possible while getting done as much as possible in that amount of time. So no, we dont live to work. Maybe thats what Americans do. Then again, most people probably spend like half their day on Facebook.
>>
>>81410843
>>81410843
Look into CNC Machining or even just basic machining. You get to work with metal, its very satisfying and can pay pretty decently, with only a certificate you can earn 22+/hr starting just pushing a button and checking run times.
Basic trig is the only math you need to complete and there are tutors available at most schools.
>>
File: Wonderer_over_a_sea_of_fog.jpg (65 KB, 935x1194) Image search: [Google]
Wonderer_over_a_sea_of_fog.jpg
65 KB, 935x1194
>>81410843
There is always something you can do.

I have found all of my jobs through connections, and those have been from me calling people and basically asking them "Hi, I'm looking for work, can you help me get this job?"

Make connections by joining an organization, like a club in your nearest city.

Make connections by volunteering.

Go to a church and get friendly with the members.

Lots of possibilities still open for you.
>>
>>81411994

Teaching / primary school ed.
>>
>>81411994
The real questions.
>>
>>81412507
Average German day

>Wake up at PRECISELY 6am
>Eat efficient breakfast
>Take efficient public transport to work
>Work hard and efficiently
>Take efficient public transport home
>Eat saurkreaut and sausage efficiently
>Play Euro Truck Simulator 2 until 10pm on your efficient laptop
>Sleep PRECISELY 8 hours
>>
>>81380682
Spot on, friend. Well done
>>
>>81381042
/thread. I'm going to cancel my SSN and live out of a van.
>>
>>81412449
When I was a starry-eyed highschool kid I enjoyed AP Chemistry and AP Biology and I wanted to do more of that. My teachers told me to go to school and do more of it and so I did

It's a shame none of them had any idea how to use this degree to become an actual research scientist like I wanted instead of a fucking teacher

Maybe I was ignorant, and still am, or maybe I was mislead by all these adults in my life shilling college to me like it was the only choice, and when I finished I would become a golden goose. Either way I'm stuck here and I'm gonna make it or fail miserably

We'll see. I still like what I'm learning though, at least I've got that
>>
>>81412806
>Take efficient public transport
If only. People will start to complain as soon as the train in 1 minute late.

>Eat saurkreaut and sausage efficiently
I wish, there arent enough good Bratwuerste though.
>>
Because 99% of millenials are fucked HARD, but to understand this you have to understand the previous generations.

Babyboomers got lucky, they were born in a time where everything was given to them, and even when there was no more jobs left, they just created new useless jobs like being a buisness consultant (being paid to gice your opinion). Further more babyboomers are still in control and own most elite positions in the economy.

Gen x was just fucked. Every gen Xer had to wait for a babyboomer to move up or die before they can get an elite position or just work very hard and hope. They make up some elite positions and the rest of them work hard jobs that have very little to offer until they eventually outlive the boomers.

Millenials are fucked HARD because now jobs that they have to wait for thr boomers to die out and then generation x to die out before than can hope for an elite position, and in the mean time their regular jobs are being automated or moved overseas by baby boomers.
>>
>>81413084
Do germans really eat sauerkraut? I hate the stuff, and I can't imagine anyone actually enjoying fucking rotten cabbage
>>
>>81383598

AZ is fucking sweet dude. The economy is great here, lots of hiring signs and booming small businesses.
>>
File: 1445958455183.jpg (14 KB, 255x221) Image search: [Google]
1445958455183.jpg
14 KB, 255x221
>>81380909
What else do we have? It's not like people have girlfriends or wives and kids to go home to and be happy with.
>>
>>81391655
>LinkedIn is like a mixer (minus appetizers and booze) that you don't have to leave your apartment, house, wherever to attend.
finds out he's wanted for crimes i several countries where crims have used hie profile details.
>>
>>81413381
Of course. There are also different version of it depending on where you eat. In the east its actually sour, while in Schwaben its rather sweet and Bavaria a mix of both, particularly Frankonia has a really great stuff because its the perfect balance between sour, sweet and spicey.
>>
>>81384467

counting the number of gypsies picking your pokcets doesn't make a math phd
>>
>>81413059
A positive attitude and hard work is the key to success, you'll do fine.
>>
Threads like this can't help but make me wonder how absolutely, utterly fucked gen z(ombie) will be.

Not that I'm one - I'm a millenial - but what we're going through right now is pretty fucking horrible. I can't imagine what they'll have to go through. Their competition will probably end up being AI in so many fields.
>>
Maybe because I have to spend more time working to make a living than the last two generations of my family did because of ludicrous increases in cost of living and stagnant wages?

At least I have 4chan and smartphones though. That helps me forget about my wagecuckery.
>>
>>81380478

Because there is no such thing as 'going home' - you're on call 24/7, expected to have your mobile phone one just in case work, that you check your work email even when away from work then add to that the fact that companies are increasing expecting you to purchase equipment for work with no compensation the net result is what you see today.
>>
>>81380478
Because there is no work lol
>>
>>81413746
There's only really two options from this point.

A ban on automation, or near complete unemployment and we move to a completely automated system with the only human input being maintenance
>>
>>81401519
Really? I'm paying 535/month for a two bedroom apartment.
>>
>>81414160
Knowing the elite and the jews, they'd simply just prefer a massive die-out of the population after exhausting their use for them.
>>
>>81396864
>Living in a van
https://youtu.be/ZKDYsrB0RAY?t=14s
>>
>>81396864
can you share more about this?
>>
>>81413746
this, hell I'm 23, still in college because this fucking idiot wanted to pursue his dreams and dropped out of medicine, lived of dadbucks for six months and started to study international relations 2 1/2 years ago, so I'll graduate at 25, I'm trying to find a job, and all fucking employers want a very specific set of skills Liam Neeson style and 1-2 years of experience in a very specific position that's nearly impossible to have without sucking some dick and get there throught nepotisism

If I'm having it hard I don't want to see how my 17 year old sister and my 14 year old brother will have it when they are my age
>>
>>81415547
>If I'm having it hard I don't want to see how my 17 year old sister and my 14 year old brother will have it when they are my age

This is why I simply don't want to bother with marriage or children either. 50% divorce rate, both spouses NEED to work - leading to less focus on the child and what sane individual would want to introduce kids into a world that's teetering on the edge of social and economical collapse? And this isn't even mentioning the environment and its depleting resources.
>>
>>81402332
THIS really.
>>
File: yeah wat sad frog.png (89 KB, 300x562) Image search: [Google]
yeah wat sad frog.png
89 KB, 300x562
>>81382426
I have a biology degree and I'm making more than you, faggot.

>$12 USD/hr
>>
>>81416016
aye, hell one of my dreams is having 4 beautiful children like my both my grandparents and my parents (yes I have another 3 siblings, the two I mentioned and another 20 year old in the same college as me), and I'm suprised my parents are still happily married with all the shit financial problems we've been having for some years now since my father's boss went to jail for drug traffic, thanks to God my dad is one of those old school blue collar workers that know their shit around multiple things, be it farming, cattle, construction machinery, farming equipment, veterinary you name it, the fucker atleast knows something, and manages to have 50 cents one day in his wallet and come night he gives 1k to my mom, atleast some bucks to us kids and keeps some money for his next adventure...

watching him I cannot even dare to say I have an useful skillset, I mean who the fuck conjures 1k out of fucking nothing being unemployed... I now realize how fucked up our generation is, most of us know nothing about the world and think our 4 year degree will land us a six figure job right out of college because we were memed by our teachers and fucking baby boomer acquaitances either parents or otherwise...

at last I truly understan why my father always said "Go to college and study hard, but always remember that the millionares did not spent their time sitting infront of a computer doing homework and kissing their teacher's ass"
>>
>>81399204
Has the influx of refugees had an effect on hiring in low wage positions?

Isn't college 'free' in Germany?
>>
>>81420313
It is but you cant just enroll because youre a refugee. Besides, most of the people who came are just 'ausgehalten', which basically means that they have no real rights and should get deported but the government is too retarded to do so.

No idea if it had any impact on the low wage sector yet. They want to create 80 cent jobs for them, pretty funny. The thing is that these people are so retarded that they cant possibly compete on the job market. I mean, we have no use for people that speak neither German nor English, cant do basic maths etc. We have high end engineering jobs and the rest is basically office work (which you cant do unless you speak, who would have though, German).

If they create jobs for them they'd literally would have to come up with something. All the grunt work got outsourced.
>>
>>81390925

Id say fire more than hire these days. For stupid shit too.

>delivery driver for auto parts store
>no nothing about cars
>learn fast (sink or swim)
>shill parts better than coworkers
>highest sales in store
>mecahnics love me
>customers like me
>manager, regional manager say im model employee
>cowokers like me
>offered promotion to manager
>promotion requires additional review
>get fired by corporate for "mistake on my application"

idk what to do at this point really. either back to some wage slave life or military. worst part is the damn place was 5 minute drive from home.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.