[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if the US pulled a Turkey, would the military or the citizenry win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 55862653156da_square.jpg (51 KB, 1036x1036) Image search: [Google]
55862653156da_square.jpg
51 KB, 1036x1036
So if the US pulled a Turkey, would the military or the citizenry win?
>>
I think most of the military would side with the citizens in america.
>>
>>81289447
thats what i think would happen
>>
>>81289447
second,
the military IS the citizens in america
>>
>>81289447
That would depend on if the military had open, visible, and vehement popular support from at least 20% of the civilian population, then the military should theoretically be able to seize power, if it's a small portion of the military versus everyone else like the case was in turkey, the coup would fail, like it did in turkey.
>>
>>81289977
i think more than 20% of civilians would support them by a big amount maybe it would be 45% or more
>>
>>81289334
Read you Von Clausewitz. An army can't act without the support of the people and the government, a coup requires at least elements on both to support it, or complete commitment from one, to have a good chance of succeeding.

Since Turkey was a section of the armed forces against both the gubment and it seems, the bulk of the citizenry willing to act, it failed.

It'd be no different in Murica.
>>
>>81289334
Today? The citizenry, of course. Even the poor here are fairly comfortable. Things have to be very, very far out of whack for people to want the status quo changed.
>>
>>81289334
>Citizens in the US
>Fighting back against the military
The people willing to fight back would support the coup, the liberals would just riot and get arrested. Even if our army bent over like the Turks our faggot rioters wouldn't go around beheading and hanging soldiers.
>>
>>81289334
your country is already ruled by the industrial-military complex and the army are their pitbulls
>>
>>81289334

If this was 1990, I'd say the US Military, but this is the year 2016. The US Military has been wore down by 15 years of war with nothing to show for it other than a massive increase in debt and a decline in the quality of equipment and soldiers.

The US Military, a very bloated and unwieldy institution, would probably incapacitated by mass desertions and unable to put up a coordinated fight. Even if the Army largely remained loyal to the current government, they'd be swamped by an overwhelming enemy (the US population outnumbers military and police by a factor of 100 to 1, even if only 1/10 of the populace supported an insurrection, those would be impossible numbers).

Either way, the US Military would completely collapse within months or would be left permanently crippled from the initial onslaught and slowly lose ground to ever-growing rebel groups the same way Yugoslavia lost so much of it's manpower and material in 1991, that they were fighting a losing battle for the remainder of the decade.
>>
>>81289447
this
someone post the red team analyst screen cap
>>
>>81289334
Assuming no switching sides, it would be pretty fucking close

Otherwise, the citizenry
>>
>>81289334
any situation like that would just collapse the US. The US was able to survive the first civil war because it was smaller and split among only two major cultures. Anything like that now would just lead to balkanization.
>>
>>81293241

This^
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.