[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_C K1e0Lmxw Is this the co
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1451986385262.png (226 KB, 468x345) Image search: [Google]
1451986385262.png
226 KB, 468x345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_CK1e0Lmxw

Is this the common core Americans have been complaining about? I don't understand, teaching math this way seems perfectly reasonable. This is not confusing at all to me, and helps to conceptualise what is actually happening in the multiplication. is this a bad example of common core or something?

Or are you guys just too fat and lazy to add in a couple more lines of writing?
>>
This example seems too basic, I don't think anyone could miss the conceptual basis of multiplication.
>>
>>81285402
This is a bot thread dummy.
>>81155153
>>
>>81285817
Nah, I just didn't get a response this morning. I'm legitimately interested as to what is wrong with common core.
>>
>>81286003
The sheep fucker who posted the Armyfag thread twice?
>>
>>81286355
I'm sorry, what?
>>
sheep fucker.
>>
>>81286925
Must be nice being able to call someone else names for once, you fucking leaf.
>>
sheep fucker
>>
>>81284706
There's nothing inherently wrong with teaching math that way as long as the teacher understands why they are teaching math that way.

But a lot of times they don't. So they end up marking kids answers wrong when they get the correct answer but don't follow the specific algorithm that they are being taught to get there. When in truth there are often many ways to approach math problems and still get the right answer.

It's fine to teach it a certain way but it isn't right to punish a kid when his brain approaches it differently. In the end the important thing is them understanding the concepts and getting the right answer.
>>
to put it another way, in a common core math class it's very likely that a teacher would have told a young Carl Gauss that he was wrong to solve the problem in pic related the way that he did
>>
>>81289666
Thanks Satan.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.