[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would a successful US coup look like? We have such a large
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: war-turkish-army-mobilizes.jpg (40 KB, 640x395) Image search: [Google]
war-turkish-army-mobilizes.jpg
40 KB, 640x395
What would a successful US coup look like?

We have such a large country you would need to seize DC a lot of army bases and have support from a few governors at minimum
>>
>>81281512
First of all, you'd need a large majority of the military, not some fucking 700 soldiers, a couple tanks and 1 air force.
>>
File: 1468644377891-pol.jpg (258 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1468644377891-pol.jpg
258 KB, 1280x1280
>>81281512
Hi FBI
>>
>>81281512
It would look like 9/11.
>>
>>81281512
>implying the US army, marine corps, and national guard wouldnt disobey martial law orders and lead conservative americans to victory
>>
Say conservative generals oppose something Hillary does and call Americans to overthrow the government

The issue is we have so many general intelligence agencies and branches plus army stationed outside our borders it seems impossible
>>
>>81281512
In a country as large as yours they would have to start with denial of service and denial of travel. No way they could do an open air coup.

They would have to disable power stations, sewage treatments, refineries, shut down airports, highways, blow up bridges.

The military would have to cripple the governments capability to govern. They could not take it over.

Shit like that.
>>
>>81281941
This desu.

It would have to get really fucking bad for everyone to turn.
>>
File: 1467678296940-0.jpg (86 KB, 834x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467678296940-0.jpg
86 KB, 834x1080
Honestly the only thing I see possible is if a very popular governor like Abbott called the national guard to enforce texas borders. Disobeyed orders from the President and other states followed in his footsteps. Following conservative people taking to the streets and the polic standing with the protesters
>>
>>81281768

civil war anon claimed half the army would desert, but what would fuck up the chain of command were going to be the traitors who stayed in the military..

Unfortunately that was for a civil war. But if Americans start killing each other and rioting then the soldiers would see themselves as the heroes restoring order.
>>
>>81281512
Mate, do you really need us to do your homework for you? You work for a fucking three letter agency, WORK IT OUT.
>>
>>81282662
This too.

All it takes is one admiral that defects on a nuclear sub to go is the civil war before it started.
>>
>>81281512
That's an interesting question, actually. Because the US government is set up between state and federal government, and military enlistees are as loyal to their state as they are their country as a collective, if not more so, it'd probably be a huge mess of not knowing who the enemy really is. On the bright side, this built-in schism makes the USA a hard place to invade and disrupt the lines of communication, and also prevents the government from using strong handed, obvious methods of totalitarianism.
>>
There would have to be overwhelming support for it. The President would have to be so far off the reservation, and Congress would have to be inept/corrupt/complicit enough to not initiate impeachment proceedings (or they impeached a President who refused to leave), that the American people feel there is no other option but a coup. Otherwise, it would be perceived as tyranny and resisted by the state governments.

If the military just up and decided to overthrow an unpopular President without consulting Congress, there's no way they could force the compliance of the states, and they'd need the states, who control so many basic functions from trash collection to utilities to public transport to roads to police, and other things the military would need to operate domestically, or else absolute chaos would break out.
>>
>>81283823
The States in the USA give this a unique perspective. Each and every governor can say "nah bitch fuck off" and deploy the national guard in his state on his authority.

You'd have to do 50 coups not 1.
>>
>>81281512
>What would a successful US coup look like?
Okay.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the US almost do not rely on ammo imports and only certain foodstuffs.

So for one everyone blows the ammo cages because they know foreign support might not end up being in their favour and it's best to just flat out deny the enemy material.

Also a lot confusion because going anywhere takes time and the fact everything crawls with intelligence is likely to result in mass com shutdowns.

You have, what, 17 different agencies? One of them is gonna freak.

t. some of you people talk to me sometimes IRL.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.