[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain the Situation like OP is 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png (39 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png
39 KB, 2000x1333
Could someone smarter than me explain to me what's happening in Turkey? Who does /pol/ support in all this?
>>
"Like the OP is 5" come on you fuckin' living-meme.
>>
File: boris_3173691b.jpg (87 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
boris_3173691b.jpg
87 KB, 620x387
Coup forces control Ankara

Government forces control Istanbul

Tons of misinformation, it's not over yet and we really don't know exactly what is happening.
>>
>>81269519
Smelly brown people are fighting each other with boomsticks because one thinks the other smells worse.
>>
>>81269519
NATO (basically just America) will have to send our sons and daughters to fight and die for Erdogen.
>>
>>81269519
Some of the Turkish military attempted a coup, they captured a bridge and some government buildings, mowed down some civilians, but did not capture Erdogan or the prime minister. Some of the captured military have been lynched by crowds in the street. The only news coverage so far is pro-Erdogan shilling, so we won't really know what actually went down until later once the social media has been analyzed.

/pol/ is generally pro-coup, Obama is pro-Erdogan.

The potential for Turkey to become the next Syria is real.

The whole coup could even be a false flag, allowing Erdogan to abolish the constitution.
>>
File: byzballlurking.png (118 KB, 266x264) Image search: [Google]
byzballlurking.png
118 KB, 266x264
>>81269519
an opportunity has just presented itself, that's what has happened
>>
>>81269519
Just turn on the news.

Current President Erdogon has become a sort of dictator wanting to install sharia. Military is trying to overthrow his islamic ass. So far it's unclear if they will. Civil War is possible if they don't.
>>
>>81269519
Turkish military wants to declare marital law and establish a military dictatorship.

Without politicians and Erdogan to hold them back they will extetminate the Kurdish population.

They could give less than two shots if their current president is an ISIS sympathizer.
They only want to be able to use tax payer funded equipment to commit genocide, no strings attached.
>>
>>81272173
Godspeed, Byzantinebro
>>
Is it over? The BBC insists it is.
>>
>>81272472
Lies, most military are secularist kurds
>>
>>81272472
Two shits*
>>
>>81269519
A bunch of apes started slinging crap at each other, some of the apes got into their tanks and planes

While the majority of the primate population took to the streets flailing their arms and wailing in their horrid disgusting gibberish. It's a display of the greatest tragedy on earth: stupidity en masse
>>
>>81272380
The military wants an Islamic state with a multi-party democracy. Erdogan wants a secular authoritarian state with no condoms. Erdogan controls Constantinople. Gulenism controls Ankara, the capital.
>>
>>81269519
rebels fight to stop turkey from becoming an islamic country,

they fail, turkey becomes an islamic country
>>
File: lawrenceofarabia2.jpg (72 KB, 477x212) Image search: [Google]
lawrenceofarabia2.jpg
72 KB, 477x212
>>81269519
>>
The bad guys ein again.
>>
>>81272985
So they're both fucked. Fucking roaches.
>>
"I joe bob turk do swear to support and defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic..."

the government fucked up that and are domestic enemies and the military is living up to it's oath. and all world leaders are scared because they are no different than turkey
>>
>>81271982
>The potential for Turkey to become the next Syria is real.
Don't be delusional
It can be split in civil war, but not Syria tier
>>
Is there a "useful links" collection somewhere? Like streams and that DEFCON twitter or something?
>>
Just woke up, went to sleep at like 1 o'clock, last I heard, Tu*rkroach One was high in the sky and a coup chopper just got shot down, what's the situation now?
>>
>>81269519
THIS THREAD TITLE IS A REDDIT MEME DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS MAN
>>
TODAY I HAVE WITNESSED THE MOMENT /POL/ AND REDDIT BECOMES ONE
>>
>>81270021
Good to see Boris is on the field with his fellow Turks.
>>
so Ataturk who founded modern Turkey or people after him made sure Turkey was separated from Islam so it would not fuck the government. The Army is secular while the people in power right now are sort of Islamist who have jailed reporters for speaking bad about the president. there are fucking more reporters in jail in turkey than china

the military has a history of telling the government to fuck off and fixing the country but I guess they failed finally and are all gonna get executed(people in the military who tried to take over yesterday)
>>
>>81275618
DEFCON is just some loser in his basement.
>>
>>81276923
Superior links posted: 0

I'm tired of watching CNN T*rk.
>>
>>81277019
Current headline: DARBE PÜSKÜRTÜLDÜ

LOOK AT THIS RETARDED LANGUAGE.
>>
>>81272472

Why are Erdo paid shills posting here?
>>
>Islamist president Erdogan tries to set up false flag 'coup' to drum up support for special powers in his plan to turn Turkey into a caliphate
>shitskin till the end actually ends up encouraging the real military in the form of the Air Force and the navy to start a real coup
>oh fug
>>
>>81269519
mislims
>>
>>81275429
Aren't enough Kurds and Islamist to turn the whole place into Syria 2.0 or Iraq 4.0? Shit will go down no matter what happen. Erdogan may use this to perpetuate in power without elections anymore, the west already supports dictators I doubt they will give their backs to Erdogan if he decided to become Erdogan the first.
>>
>>81272985
you've got it backwards
erdogan wants sharia and supports isis
the military wants secularism, and will literally shove a secular democracy a-la ataturk down the throats of their own people if they have to.
>>
>>81272472
Wow way to eat mainstream lies. The military are mostly secular and kurds. They want to abolish the Islamist state that Erdogan is creating.
>>
>>81272985
>How to spot a paid misinformation shill
>>
*walks into thread*

*gets ready to cut a huge fart*

>brrrrrrraaaaaaaaaappppp!!

*walks out*
>>
File: 1467987872245.jpg (11 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
1467987872245.jpg
11 KB, 209x241
>>81272173
About.Fucking.
Time.
>>
When Dictator Erdogan declares war against the world can we be part of the winners for once?
>>
>>81272550
the BBC insists ISIS be called the "so-called" Islamic State
>>
>>81272472
>Marital law
It's Martial Law you fuckwit!
>>
>>81278434
>>81279708
pajeet please
>>
>>81280053
he did nothing wrong desu
>>
>>81277714
Oh yea, what happened to the Kurds? Why are they not joining this coup? This is their chance to help and remove Erdogan from power.
>>
>>81269519
do this on fucking reddit.

i never see this on reddit. it's all rainbows and unicorns on reddit. but by god they have their ETMLI5 threads.
>>
>>81269519
False flag by Erdogan so that he can use it as a excuse to gain more power and destroy the opposition
>>
>>81277740
This.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.