[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ban religions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: nice-terrorist-attacks-12[1].jpg (74 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
nice-terrorist-attacks-12[1].jpg
74 KB, 640x427
How about we just ban all religions?

We don't need to have fairy tales, that supposedly happened for real, to be weaved into books of traditional teachings about morals and basic living tips for pre-industrial life.
People say that not all religious people are bad, it's just the radicals who nitpick all the bad stuff from their holy books, but why are all those bad things in the books in the first place?
If there are over a billion of moderate peace loving religious people, then why don't they just edit all the warmongering stuff out of their books?
You would curb the chances of psychologically disturbed people getting ideas for terrorism substantially by denouncing those aggressive ideas. Yet nobody speaks of this, you have billions of people looking at their epics of conflict against another ethnic/religious group and saying "yep, that's all correct, I'm going to force my family into this bookclub, including my impressionable young son with intense hormonal activity, surely introducing him to ideological conflict based on sky wizards is going to turn him into a peaceful productive member of society.".

Most of this is obviously targeted at muslims, but you could extend the premise to all organized religions.
If the existential crisis truly hits a person so hard that he can't help it but become delusional with grandiouse stories or kill himself, then we should only allow one of those options, for the benefit and longevity of society as a whole.

That's my two cents.
>>
File: image.png (741 KB, 681x693) Image search: [Google]
image.png
741 KB, 681x693
>>81162646
Heretic, know your place.
>>
>>81162646
>ban religions
Fucking retarded, that would just cause MORE violence and death. Not only from Muslims this time, but from Christians too. If you think banning Christianity is not going to wake up a few crusaders, you are wrong.
>>
>>81163050
You can share lifetips and help the needy without being in a cult of personality of a long-dead semite.
All you really have to do is to make a book of ultimate religious disillusionment, and use that as the base for deconstruction religious entities.
If anyone has a problem with the action, they are welcome to logically dispute any idea in the book.
The religious leaders wouldn't be able to dispute anything, but would instead call for violence, which would show their true colours to the general public.
>>
>>81163928
>make a book of ultimate religious disillusionmen
People will not listen to logic, they will still hang on to their religion. Also not only that, but banning religions is borderline fascist and is just against the basic values of freedoms the west is suppose to have.
>>
>>81164477
Fuck those people then.
Religions are just overblown ponzi schemes.
Priests tingle people's emotions with stories that end in logical fallacies, and then rake in donation money to buy bling for the church.
They fracture our societies by poisoning the minds of impressionable folk with bullshit.
>>
>>81162646
Enjoy your Enver Hoxha's Albania experience, whigger.
>>
>>81166638
Being irreligious doesn't automatically mean that you're on your way to a golden age. People still need guiding hands, but I'm saying that those hands don't have to be ones of charlatans.
>>
>>81167766
You've had your "enlightened" rulers in the Soviet Union, Cambodia and Albania. I don't think you Estonians are all that nostalgic of the Soviet Union, are you?
>>
>>81162646
How about we don't ban religion and instead focus on reforming backwards religions that teach you to kill people who think differently.
>>
>>81168332
All the enlightened people in the soviet gang got exterminated by their more paranoid militarist comrades.
Also a failed set of ideas doesn't discredit all of its parts. Communism is pretty much a religion by itself.
>>81168476
Outside forces can't reform a religion, they'll immediately see it as a threat by opposing religions.
You can't force just a selection of them to play the game nice, as the game itself is degenerate by nature.
>>
>>81168476
>How about we don't ban religion and instead focus on reforming backwards religions that teach you to kill people who think differently.
Islamic 'terrorism' is just another name for human sacrifice. You can't reform a people who think human sacrifice is cool with lectures on morality.
>>
>>81162646
I didnt read your whole argument because your intro statement is just dumb. I agree we should ban the current religions (especially christianity islam and judaism). But remember that humans cant function without a religion. Also this: A great mistake the anti-religious fanatics make is lumping all religions together under the label of "religion" as if they were equal. But Nietzsche has clearly explained that Christianity stands lower than Buddhism, and Buddhism stands lower than the pagan religions of the various nations — and especially those of classical antiquity — which themselves stand lower then the religion of the future: philosophy/Overman worship. So... if by "the comeback of religion", which, it is now dawning on some, may now be under way, they mean "the comeback of faith" — after the temporary reduction in our estimation of the value of faith caused by the Enlightenment and the scientific revolution — they are correct. But the faith that will dominate and shape the future is no longer the faith in external gods, but in the gods within us.
>>
>>81174744
And such a future faith isn't going to need the structure of current religious institutions.
Each and everyone of us is going to be a preacher of their own philosophy.
We're not going to need fairytales for this.
Such a religion isn't really a religion, rather the zeitgeist would emerge by itself from the very premise of no mind numbing religions peddling their easy to swallow but hard to digest ideas.
We could fast track the emergence of such a future, by getting rid of the spiritual parasites.
>>
It's about time we elected some secular heads of state and started institutionalizing the teaching of atheism. Remove all religious iconography from classrooms and places of public office. Demolish the scriptures. Teach atheism starting at a very young age.

Religion is the leading cause of all the world's problems. Like Bob Dylan said, "imagine no religion, I wonder if you can?"
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.