[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best AR before gun ban?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 405x124) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 405x124
So now that Trump has guaranteed a Hillary Victory, what is the best AR I can buy in order to be grandfathered in before she passes anti-gun legislation?
>>
File: sigsauer2.jpg (69 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
sigsauer2.jpg
69 KB, 1000x700
>>81162356
I've had my eye on the same rifle and would like some feedback
>>
>>81162356
>>81163058
Just stick with a reputable brand. And you'll be fine. Stock up on magazines...
>>
M&P, Adams Arms, etc. Any reputable brand will work.
>>
File: unnamed-8.jpg (70 KB, 1325x994) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-8.jpg
70 KB, 1325x994
>>81162356
Whatever you can afford. I'd save up if I couldn't get something decent, although M&P Sport isn't an awful first AR. I recently bought a Daniel Defense but haven't done shit to it yet. pic related when i first got it
>>
>take tranny pills
>get into relationship with cop and move in with him
>acquire complete immunity to all gun bans

100% foolproof method
>>
>>81162356
build one

Buy a good milspec lower receiver now

The rest of the parts are not "the firearm" and can be ordered by mail. You can worry about these getting banned less because this is a technicality voting liberals don't understand
>>
File: 1459291700312.jpg (180 KB, 1430x796) Image search: [Google]
1459291700312.jpg
180 KB, 1430x796
>>81162356
What's the cheapest I can get now? I'll get a better one later.
>>
I bought a Core 15 recently, so far it seems to be like a good brand
>>
>>81163714
Did you steal your kitchen counter from a cookie stand or cake shop or something
>>
>>81162356
>Hilary
>grandfathered in
HAH, enjoy your forced confiscation bitch.
>>
>>81164431
kek. Went back to my parents house while on break from school. IDK what that nutty bitch is doing desu, i'm going to ask her when I go back.
>>
>>81162356
>implying Hillary will be able to get an AWB through congress
>implying the last one didn't only get 40 votes in the Democratic senate

Ain't gonna happen, famalamadingding.
>>
>>81162356
Pretty much any major brand would be okay, as long as you don't overspend. Look at how things are priced on gunwatcher.com or slickguns.com (remember to account for FFL transfer fee + shipping if you buy online). Don't buy a Colt unless you want the brand specifically. They're good rifles, but there's better stuff in the price range. If you're okay with blowing a gorillion dollars, DD is great >>81163714. PSA makes budget shit that's good quality, if you're okay with a little assembly. Avoid DPMS, PTAC, Radical Arms.
>>
>>81164161
You can buy a lower and an upper, building one is pretty easy, but requires time and knowledge

Buy a complete upper and lower, or just go to a gun store and see what they have

M&P by smith and wesson is cheap and probably not too bad

I have and LMT cqb mrp, about 2 grand of gun, with an optic, bipod, grip, sling, flip up sights
>>
I'm looking at a Stag right now, opinions on them?
>>
>>81170464

not horrible but you could do better
>>
>>81170871
700$ why should I buy
>>
>>81170871
I have a core 15 is that decent?
>>
Your best option is to build your own desu. If you really wanna buy one just get whatever is best for your price range. The m&p sport 2 is good for around $700 and Daniel Defense and SIg make good ARs
>>
File: image.png (266 KB, 1868x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.png
266 KB, 1868x1280
Read
>>
>>81170871
what do you recommend then? Looking around the 1k range. There was also a Colt I was looking at.
>>
>>81171670

My friend had a core15 they are cheap but his always ran well except the charging handle was the cheapest pos i have ever seen. It stuck and flexed in the receiver and i was wondering if the upper was out of spec or it was the handle. So i stuck my BCM mod 4 in and it worked fine.
>>
>>81172519

Colt is good i have a 6920 and home builds and i trust the colt more than any of my other guns including my Arsenal SGL-21
>>
>>81172872
Handle doesn't seem cheap (friend had a 2000 dollar custom with a nice one.)

Probably will buy a second upper with a shorter barrel and new charge handle for the current.
>>
They're all good do yourself a favor and build your own via 80 percent lowers with jigs. Untraceable and unregistered.
>>
>>81173172
hm, I was looking at a 6920. Seemed to have good reviews.
>>
>>81173172
while we're at it. Do you have any experience with AK's? I'm looking at the Century Arms C39 V2. Was asking on /k/ about it but didn't really get much of a response.
>>
>>81176891
>>81176891
>Century Arms C39 V2

Not a lot i just have some Russian built AK's. American made AK's are shit from everything i have ever seen i would buy a WASR before id buy an American built AK. And i would but a Vepr before id buy a WASR.
>>
>>81177515
It's pretty hard to get a Russian built AK in the US now a days isn't it?
>>
Noguns here

Is building an AR like building a PC?

Can i get a parts reccommended checklist for $1200?

Just list the parts and brand to look for. Thx

t. Noguns
>>
>>81179895

yeah but you can still find Vepr's which are Russian they just look kinda fudd till you convert them. And you can buy Bulgarian SLR's if you look around i think and are just as good as Russian

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/ak-47-74-rifles/russian-vepr-rifles.html
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 856x571) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 856x571
>>81162356
>literally THE best
In this order
HK MR556A1 (top notch piston gun)
Colt M4 (sexy name, get an LE one if possible)
Any other AR (they're really all the same)
>>
ARs are nothing special. Unless your a hunter, it's really useless to have. Handguns are much more useful becuae you can't keep a 3.5 foot dildo with you.
>>
>>81180892
>Is building an AR like building a PC?

Pretty much but you cant be a complete retard and have to have at least a little mechanical knowledge. Life if your putting in a roll pin and just start whacking it with a hammer and crack the receiver you are a idiot.

I have put in tight roll pins and it helps to crush them a bit with pliers and use some oil. I have built AR lowers with just a pair of vice grips with the jaws wrapped in tape so i dont scratch the finish and it worked fine.

You will need a solidly mounted bench vice for installing barrels though.
>>
>>81162356
Daniel Defense rifles are pretty nice
>>
>>81182933
Or go balls to the wall and get the HK, pricey but very good combat weapon.
>>
>>81166217
If they go for confiscation, I will shoot every liberal and nigger in my neighborhood. I hope you live close to me.
>>
>>81162356
Buy a shitton of lowers, ARs aren't hard to build and the lower is the part that's registered as a firearm.

>buy one AR for the inevitable cucking

Or:

>buy a shitton of AR lowers, build them up as needed and sell them for a shitload of money.
>>
Buy one of these:

http://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/noreen-firearms-bad-news/#bad-news-sp-action
>>
>>81162356
The one you built yourself
>>
File: image.jpg (505 KB, 752x969) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
505 KB, 752x969
>>81180892
>>81180892
You can build a nice one for that price. Go to palmetto state armory or brownells. Here's your list:
>lower parts kit
>upper parts kit
>stripped lower
>stripped upper
>gas tube
That stuff will be all the same, just try to get made in USA and youre good.
With that budget you can shop around for some nice parts for the rest of the gun
>barrell WITH gas block installed
>hand guards
>stock KIT
>trigger (Timney or Giesselle 2 stage)
>hogue grip
It is just like building a PC, just make sure you have the right tools
if you want an optic look at the Nikon pro staff if you're on a budget or a trijicon or nightforce if you're not, I love my trijicon ACOG. Don't get a red dot or anything unmagnified. If you don't want optic get a removable carry handle
>>
>>81184612
>>buy a shitton of AR lowers, build them up as needed and sell them for a shitload of money.

anti gunners are smarter than that now they have learned from their past stupid laws that were gotten around with loopholes. AWB2 will not have loop holes all parts will be banned you will just have a pile of useless aluminum
>>
>>81185118
Ty my man
>>
>>81162356
M&P15

The other anon is right, stock up on mags
Buy a Magpul D60 as well
>>
>>81162356
Get any non-PTAC Palmetto State Armory midlength 16" upper (complete, or you'll also have to order a bolt carrier group), and any milspec complete lower. Order a case of pmags and a case of Freedom Munitions 55 grain ammo, there you go.

Also, Glock 19.
>>
>>81166617
idk man these trash presidents seem pretty hellbent on the executive order shit nowadays famfalfmafalfmalefmdifdifgnhgdldalal
>>
>>81180892
Do your research on tools an assembly procedure.
>pro tip: use channel locks to install the mag release pin, not the specialty punch
>get the specialty tool for installing the takedown pin detent.
Look on brownells resources and YouTube to figure out assembly and make sure you have all the parts and tools you will need
>pro-tip the other guy is right, slow and steady, lots of patience, don't force anything, and you will have a good build
Also you will need:
>armorers wrench
>torque wrench
>good set of punches
>hammer
>castle nut wrench
>>
>>81180892
Don't crush your pins like the other guy said tho, just give em the old tap tap tap-aroo
>>
>>81162356
There will be gun confiscation with Hillary.
>>
>>81180892
And make sure your gas tube length matches your barrell, carbine, mid length, or rifle length. Google to learn the difference
>>
>>81186653
>>get the specialty tool for installing the takedown pin detent.

i didn't even know such a thing existed.

When i do my front take down pin i take a drill bit that fits perfectly in the hole. Then put the spring and pin in and push it down with something and stick the drill bit in. Then i take the take down pin and push it in (pushing the drill bit out the other side) and it seems to work well. You could always put a sheet over it so it it pops out you dont have to look to far.
>>
>>81162356
>guaranteed
Nice try. Every little habbening and you fags lose all hope. Maybe the term "cuck" really does have a place on this board.
sage
>>
>>81187434
>There will be bloody revolution with Hillary.

ftfy
>>
>>81162356

Buy a generic lower: PSA or anything you can find under $250. Then collect uppers.
>>
>>81164121
Or just become a cop.
>>
>>81172519
I've got a Daniel Defence, pretty gud
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.