[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone tell me about NAFTA and the TPP and explain why they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 3edkd0i[1].gif (3 MB, 426x298) Image search: [Google]
3edkd0i[1].gif
3 MB, 426x298
Someone tell me about NAFTA and the TPP and explain why they are bad or good. Aren't fewer tariffs a good thing?

Pic unrelated.
>>
You can't simplify it down to just "good and bad".

I suggest you go read the wiki page on it and then look up stats on it's effects on the working and middle classes.

Decide for yourself
>>
>giving corps more power
>questioning why one step closer to the end goal of the global Jew is to be disliked
>>
>>81111433
>I suggest you go read the wiki page
Is that really the best way to inform myself? My mom said Wikipedia is owned by George Soros. Don't know if that's true or not, but the wiki on the Holocaust isn't exactly unbiased.
>>
>>81111355
They take power away from your elected representatives and give it to unelected bodies (corporations)
TPP is especially nasty. If governements pass laws tht interfere with their profit-making the corps can sue them and the case will be adjudicated in the special TPP court, the nation's court.
Basically it is a sneaky way of usurping democracy and giving more and more power to private hands
>>
>>81112069
*NOT the nation's court.
>>
>>81112069
>If governements pass laws tht interfere with their profit-making the corps can sue them and the case will be adjudicated in the special TPP court, the nation's court.
This is literally a free pass to do whatever the fuck they want. It pretty much throws notion of consumer protection out the window.
>>
>fewer tariffs a good thing

Why do Tarifs exist in the first place? To protect the own inland production.

Now, let's take a simple example. Cars.
Germany is partner of the TTIP, we produce cars. Fuck, I even go as far as to say the best cars in the fucking world.

But, they are expensive in america, right? Importing them from germany costs a lot of money because heavy tolls are inflicted on them.
Without tolls, the cars would cost the german average +- a bit.
This would severly hurt the car manufacturs in America as Germany now could easily bring all it's cars over, taking a bigger market share than Ford, Chrysler etc. This is bad for the workers because less marketshare = less personel cost needed = cut in personel.

Okay, another example I like to take.
Meat.
America produces million tons of meat, usually of no good quality. Chloride cleaned chickens, fed with steroids and gene manipulated corn etc. You should know the fucking drill.
Currently that shit wouldn't even be allowed on our continent because of EU guidelines, for once these fuckers actually did something right.
With TTIP and a few lawyers, american meat produces would be allowed to sell their meat, cheap meat undercutting ever single meat producer in europe, making hundreds of people loose their jobs since they can't fight americans dumping prices.
>>
>>81111355
Basically it makes trade agreements that eliminate taxes, tariffs, etc. So companies can move manufacturing to a poorer country like USA->Mexico and make even more and get hit with any (or reduced) penalties. This creates more wealth at the top and fucks over workers.

This is a broad generalization and does not completely entail NAFYA or TPP, which are both different from each other in several ways.
>>
>>81113332
Thanks, based kraut.
>>
So I'm reading about how the US cucked Canada under Chapter 11 of NAFTA (the part that lets industry sue a nation in violation of the agreement) into accepting harmful, nerve-damaging additives in automobile fuels by threatening to sue.

I think I'm getting a clearer picture now.
>>
File: 1456552681857.png (8 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
1456552681857.png
8 KB, 208x243
>>81111355
imagine a massive clusterfuck of laws
now imagine it's designed actually let businesses do whatever the fuck they want but is so long and confusing that it's impossible to read
that's the TPP.
NAFTA just fucked up mexico and if we get rid of it their farmers will be able to make money and stop coming over here.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.