[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's Trump's opinion about TOR?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
What's Trump's opinion about TOR?
>>
Look, I love Tor, I adore Tor.
>>
Never used it
>>
Terrorist using it to communicate so we have to close it, FAST!
>>
He's 70.

He'd probably say something like "I like his hammer".
>>
Better than Hillary's opinion about the religion of peace
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 443x332
>>81103998
Our tones eats TOR for breakfast

Are you even trying rest of the world?
>>
>>81103998
nsa honeypot. half the nodes are nsa
>>
>>81105791
Nah, more like 4/5
>>
>>81106043
>>81105791
why dont they arrest anyone then
every single paedo arrest was due to them revealing their identity or literally giving the oifficer their info in a chat session
>>
>>81106827
probably because they don't just use tor
>>
>>81108365
>guys they totally have most of the nodes!
>guys really
>t-they just don't use them is all!
>>
>>81108476
I said they don't "just use" tor. They complement it with other tools most likely.
>>
>>81105791
This basicaly, there is nothing stoping them from having "infinite" number of nodes, they are only limited by their budget.
>>
>>81108894
How do they do that if the only way they ever arrest anyone is through getting them to admit it directly, as in trading them cp directly.
>>
>>81103998
He probably doesn't know what it is
>>
>>81104210
sympathy (you)
>>
>>81106827
>he thinks they announce arrests
good goy
>>
>>81109143
yes it's all sekrit, police doesn't parade every paedo caught at all
>>
>>81104059
>The Turkish pedo poster strikes again!
>>
>>81109014
Easy, probably tor under more than one vpn layer and more stuff that I don't know how to setup
>>
>>81109204
yeah they are going to announce all the retards who got caught on tor so nobody use it again!!!1!
>>
>>81106827
Because the intelligence agencies don't use their collected data for that, nor are they legally able to. I do remember one story where it looked like they did tip off the police regarding domestic CP laws, but if I remember correctly that guy was storing and sharing a massive CP library from a naval base or something.

If the NSA did use their SIGINT capabilities and data to tip off local law enforcement drug dealers basically couldn't operate at all.
>>
>>81106827
Rules of evidence?

The goal is prosecution in a court of law.
Courts of law are generally public forums.
Therefore, the public would learn about the honeypot.

Unless you can get a judge to put everything under seal and keep the public out of the court-room the evidence is viewable by the public.

Also procedurally it might be problematic to introduce evidence gathered in this manner.
>>
Wasn't this hacked to shit by the FBI who then ran a pedophile honeypot site for a month?
>>
Probably block it because "coild be used by terroristsssxddd"
There is a superior tool being developed anyway.
See:
https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/4swgfd/mit_creates_faster_and_more_secure_tor_alternative/
http://news.softpedia.com/news/riffle-our-anonymity-network-is-better-than-tor-says-mit-506231.shtml
>>
>>81109415
And we wouldn't want that now would we?
>>
File: 1431916261650.jpg (26 KB, 274x242) Image search: [Google]
1431916261650.jpg
26 KB, 274x242
>>81103998
Not a honeypot
>>
>>81103998
I think we're going to be needing it sooner rather than later.

Forget drugfags and pedoscum, the principle is only going to be more relevant when we start getting people locked up for no-no opinions on twitter.
>>
>>81109436
Oh yeah this too. I mean, this is why parallel construction does exist, and, from what I've heard from frequenting circles with heavy TOR users (from hackers to pedos), this is what a lot of them believe---that domestic law enforcement (FBI, really) has a lot more exploits and whatnot to identify people than they let on.
>>
>>81105791
Tor has been broken. You can assume FBI is 2 years ahead, NSA is 4 years, and JSOC is 6. Highly recommend book "Relentless Strike" if you want to see what JSOC could do in 2008, forget what they can do now.
If they want you, even with your battery out of your phone, they can not only track you but use your phone camera, microphone, etc..

The problem with Tor right now is we NEED more users. People are too used to fucking instant gratification. Learn to wait a few seconds if it means our security. If everyone in the nation were using Tor, the NSA/CIA could not spy on the world.
>>
>>81110085
>JSOC
FBI is not that far ahead. They just got lucky and have a couple 0 days
NSA is probably ahead of JSOC (remember TAO???) and they probably have broken Tor.
>>
>>81110085
RARE
A
R
E
>>
tor, dns leaks, connecting to some random persons computer, nah, its too much effort and i don't mind my isp knowing about my feet fetish,
>>
>>81110479
Are feet really the new butts?
>>
>>81109014
The last big CP bust, they took over one of the big distribution sites. The last case had to be thrown bc FBI refused to reveal in discovery how they had broken Tor.
This is the problem. When only pedos, islamists, and people trying to buy drugs on new versions of "silk road" are using Tor, these days it really marks you out for scrutiny rather than adding to your security.
People need to realize privacy on the net is a right, not a privilege. And the excuse is always "well, pedos use x....you must be a pedo if you want privacy on the net, what are you hiding?"

Like saying "why do you need a door on that bathroom stall if you're only taking a shit in there? You must be writing anti-semitic propaganda on the walls..."

If you want to search for...symptoms of a disease, you should not have insurance companies getting that info so they can turn you down (which is what happens now).

Until everyone is using Tor-- and as someone who supports this site with shekels, it pisses me off to no end they don't allow Tor to be used on here-- none of us will have privacy.
>>
>>81110274
>NSA is probably ahead of JSOC
Nah mate. Trust me, read the book I mentioned, "relentless strike." This author managed to get access to everyone right up to McRaven and directly talk to the operators.

I thought I know a decent amount about computer technology, but to see what JSOC was doing even a decade ago just blew me away.
>>
>>81110632
>they don't allow Tor to be used on here
That'd be because the pedospam got out of hand m8, nothing ideological.

I think you can view 4chan via tor, just not post.
>>
>>81109229
>he thinks tor isn't full of drug addicts and other shitters as well
pedofags only make up a small amount
>>
>>81110583
it was just a bad joke, somehow the tor packets know where to go, and where they are from, so that info can be sniffed out if there was some magic pass-code that could unlock where ever its hidden
>>
>>81110085
>even with your battery out of your phone, they can not only track you but use your phone camera, microphone, etc..

>use something that requires a power source, when there is no power source

Time to take off that tinfoil hat, random country that doesn't exist.

My phone is on right now. They probably could access it with the greatest of ease.
I remove the battery, yet they can still use the camera and mic due to them charging my phone 500 miles away with their next-gen telekinesis abilities.

Just
No
>>
>>81103998

TOR is banned from posting on 4chan anyway so who cares.
>>
>>81103998
What are your guys opinion on Tor?
Anyone really use it anymore?
And for what would you?
>>
>>81113807
I used it once, it was too slow.

I don't do anything that "interesting" on the internet and I dont have any political enemies, so it's hard for me to justify using it.
>>
>>81113807
I buy drugs from there because I am a friendless loser who can't get drugs in real life.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.