[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Buddhism redpilled? I feel that there is wisdom in living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 33
File: buddha.jpg (20 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
buddha.jpg
20 KB, 250x250
Is Buddhism redpilled? I feel that there is wisdom in living in the moment and not letting the process of redpilling and world turning to shit affect your well-being, but embracing Buddhism as an ideology or way of living makes you cucked to your teeth, right?

So can a redpilled man be enlightened? Share your thoughts /pol/.
>>
I like the ideas of Buddhism as a personal philosophy (giving up desire ends suffering) but there's nothing it really has to offer in a theological sense.
>>
File: image.jpg (243 KB, 500x264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243 KB, 500x264
>>81103017
Nope.
Over the years many people have turned to Egyptian mythology.
It is the most based belief.
>>
>>81103017
>Against Violence
It's basically the cuckiest of major religion's
>>
>>81103017
It's not red pilled or blue pilled, it's something else. It's pretty great, but as you learn to transcend you attachment to things like race or nationalism, it doesn't really fit in with the red pill in the scheme of things.
>>
It's not about politics or any set of beliefs even. Buddhism doesn't affect you in that way. Faith is a very personal thing and Buddhism approaches it in a very 'redpilled' fashion, indeed.
It's up to you to decide whether you want to be a hippe pacifist buddhaboo or just be a religious person.
>>
File: )¤()=¤()=#()=#()=()=#.png (37 KB, 179x149) Image search: [Google]
)¤()=¤()=#()=#()=()=#.png
37 KB, 179x149
>>81103422
But basically every religion has the same core thought or moral, - "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself" and that the divinity is everywhere, on every object, on every cell and because of that one should live for the moment only.

It is a nice concept but clearly it won't work with mudslimes and actually the majority of the world so what's the point really? Is it redpilled to identify with your thoughts or "have an ego"?

After all these attacks and insanity of the west, it's really hard not to give a fuck which leads to certain traits of anxiety and depression. How the hell do you guys deal with it?
>>
>>81103422
It is against violence but at the same time they slaugther muslims in Myanmar.
>>
It's not redpilled because it promotes hipster "be in the moment and chill" bullshit instead of problem solving and critical thinking.
>>
>>81104417
the irony of lauding critical thinking and describing Buddhism as something that 'promotes hipster "be in the moment and chill"'

Buddhism definitely promotes critical thinking, otherwise a practitioner would never be able to cut through to the root of their delusions
>>
File: 1461204337647.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1461204337647.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>>81104417
It preaches both.

It's a two stage process. 1) Be in the moment and chill. 2) Now live life as you have been doing.

Most people just stop at stage 1 thinking they've made it and just preach bullshit peace and happiness. The point of Buddhism is to let go of the ego, not let go of being human. You can still live a typical life as a Buddhist and attempt to change the world.
>>
>>81104387
Islam is pure Evil

Buddhism says that inactivity in the face of Evil is the same as being Evil.
>>
>>81104836

>Buddhism says that inactivity in the face of Evil is the same as being Evil.

Based
>>
>>81104417
Nah. That's just the shitlib interpretation.
>>
>>81104690

You kinda need ego to advance or do anything worthwhile in modern society. Some of the things that buddhism preaches against (such as attachment) are driving force behind much of the useful things that we do.
>>
>>81104690
I think that's a fair explanation. Buddhism in the west has been watered down in a lot of places and that's where you'll find this 'relax man no harsh vibes' take on it. But in many places, it is an action oriented Religion for lay practitioners. A good example is someone like Sayagi U Ba Khin, who was a master of Vipassana, and also worked in the government and reduced corruption by teaching meditation to government workers
>>
>>81104417
You aren't terribly informed if you think it's just a religion about being chill.
>>
>>81105127
Ego can also cloud our judgment, and make us spend our energy on things that aren't really good for us. When ego is reduced, discerning wisdom takes its place, and that will provide better results than being driven by your ego
>>
>>81104836
>>81105299
So actually it is redpilled as fuck. But how can you not be a cuck without at least a small ego?
>>
>>81105127
You need it to advance in the established ego-centered world, Buddhist would just have different reasons.

I'm not a Buddhist, I've just read up on it. Like the anon above said, inaction against evil is evil itself. A Buddhist can't stand by and watch harm unfold, but he will not try to solve the problem with more harm or violence.

>>81105160
You're right, anon. The west has a weird grasp on Buddhism. They've basically created this reincarnation aspect of it, they misunderstood it. In Buddhism all is one, there is no soul, so when they say "you will be reborn" they don't mean literally, or rather the ego focused "you", it's more of a life will go on thing and your actions will impact life, and due to you being all and all being you it will impact you in your next 'life', but the west adopted it literally.
>>
it's extremely redpilled but only on the metaphysical level. it won't help you live your everyday life though- besides giving you a good attitude. buddhism is about "what there is" not "what should you do"

my sister is into "buddhism" (western misunderstanding of buddhism) and she's always babbling on about chakras and aligning her energies. i struggle not to burst out laughing in front of her
>>
>>81105636
I think that goes above most of /pol/, I don't think there are many practicing Buddhist here, and each situation can be handled in many different ways regarding Buddhism. It's up to their wisdom to figure out how to do it with the lease amount of violence and suffering, but they definitely don't just sit back and watch, well, the good Buddhist don't anyway.
>>
>>81103017
Buddhism is satanic, doing yoga is a satanic ritual.

All religions have vauge texts, including buddhist scriptures, induism and Islam.

The only scripture which is very specific is the Bible.

Read the bible and pray. Whatever you believe after that will be your own truth.
>>
File: 1440299107480.jpg (75 KB, 579x457) Image search: [Google]
1440299107480.jpg
75 KB, 579x457
>>81103017
>Don't want to take action for the well-being of people and their future religion.
It really is the most selfish religion when you think about it. You yearn the desire to remain detached from the world because it's too stressful to? Then this is a way of life for you. It's borderline nihilistic and emphasizes minimizing suffering but not maximizing happiness. I'd prefer Buddhists like pic related.
>>
>>81106211
Real Buddhism is the pic you posted, western Buddhism is the shit tier one full of hippies simply ignoring the world and focusing on themselves, and try to spread 'kindness' through just being a hippy.
>>
>>81105636
Well for one, it takes a lifetime of work to really transcend the ego, so it will still be there for the most part. If you do, it simply means you won't preoccupy yourself with petty transgressions that set most people off, but you will still look after yourself if someone tries to take advantage of you.

>>81105734
reincarnation is incredibly complicated, I've studied Buddhism quite a bit, done many retreats and hung around many teachers and I hardly understand it.

I wouldn't say it's quite like your 'all' metaphor, but that's an accurate perspective. A 'you' is reborn, but it's just a vessel of habitual tendencies and personal karma. Through deep meditation practice, you learn to see through the seemingly solid nature of this 'you', your own personal and subjective experience. So something is reborn, but nothing that we're attached continues unchanged. It's a mind fuck really, and trying to articulate these kinds of concepts is so difficult it's almost futile
>>
>>81105908
So if everything will go like it seems to go in the west and there will be a race war or some kind of clash between cultures or ideologies, what would a Buddhist do? If there is a threat to my values for example, I'd definitely do whatever reasonably possible to prevent it.

What about hunting for food and sport? Is is something a Buddhist would do?
>>
File: evola_doctrine_awakening_1.jpg (98 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
evola_doctrine_awakening_1.jpg
98 KB, 1100x1100
Well, Evola certainly thought so. Also, everytime Buddhism gets discussed on /pol/, people here habitually mistunderstand Ahimsa and “be in the moment and chill”.

It absolutely does not promote “be in the moment and chill”. It promotes “be in the moment and don’t develop fucking crippling neurosis over recursive thought patterns, and act without hesitation”.

Feel the difference.

Ofcourse we’re talking about the esoteric and more refined Buddhism as a discipline, and not the autismal chink’s cultural religion, where Buddha is Jesus and they have ghosts and other silly bullshit.
>>
>>81105636
Same way you breathe, eat and do everything else without an ego.
>>
>>81107086
I've started reading Revolt Against the Modern World, it's been a godsend to find a writer that connects Buddhism and similar spiritual systems to Traditionalism and /pol/ philosophies. I'm probably gonna read Ride the Tiger after Revolt
>>
>>81106881
Regarding reincarnation it really depends on which sect of Buddhism we're talking about. From my understanding of it there's karma, it's universal to all life, to everything, and karma is simply "action", so whatever you do, Buddhist or not, it will impact the world and you. From what I've read all life is sacred because all life has equal value, you or anyone is not above or below this 'value', all life is simply 'life', there's no differentiating it, and life will go on forever till the last living thing in the universe dies, and all living things are 'you', since all life is just life, so if you leave a negative impact upon the universe your 'next life' will have the consequences of your previous one. It's difficult to talk about this especially in English due to the egocentric implication of the word "you".

Also their caste system is good, it works. It doesn't push people into a caste, rather there's a caste you naturally belong to, and you should pursue it for if you pursue another you'd never be as good if you went with the flow and did what was for you. It's a way of developing as a society and yourself in the best manner possible.

>>81107059
Buddhist don't eat meat, anon. They wouldn't hunt. I honestly don't know how they would do regarding all the shit things going on in the world. They don't preach Buddhism, rather accept anyone willing to try it. It's easier to figure out their actions with what they wouldn't do than what they would.
>>
>>81107250
So without thinking, acting like my gut tells me? But if one owns certain cuckish attributes with women, how does one change these without shaping their ego? I took this as an example because by acting like I act with my heart with women, shit has perished so fast. But when I act through my ego, I can manage to keep my relationships way easier.
>>
Alright anons, you showed some ideas of how Buddhism might work in practice. Thing is, whenever there is an article or documentary about monks who spend decades in a monastery doing nothing, I can't help but think of them as wasting oxygen.
Would love to meet a "successful" modern person who can demonstrate how Buddhist mindset is beneficial in problem solving and a driving force in accomplishing more. Getting rid of neurotic thought patterns certainly sounds useful.
>>
>>81104359
Except that some stand up to the bad guys and buddhists clearly don't. Have you ever heard of buddhist charity? Ever heard of buddhists investing themselves in fighting for good instead of just accepting that there is evil in this world? Yea, nothing coming from them. That's why no one gave a fuck when they got overtaken by Chinese folks. They are the greatest cucks in history. The Dalai Lama got kicked out, imagine refugees kicking the pope out of the Vatican. That's how bad they are.

Basically: Everyone can agree that starting fights is good, but handling existing fights is where the minds split.
>>
>>81107707
I love to hunt and in my heart and mind I find it normal for humans because we are the dominant specimen. I don't enjoy the killing part, but it's something I deal with.

Is it because they believe in some sort of positive and negative energy, karma?
>>
>>81106385
>Thinks I don't know about Dalai Lama's preachings.
Git edumacation potato farmer.
>>
>>81107778

>So without thinking, acting like my gut tells me?

Your "gut" is not the ego, but actually a very dim reflection of the Higher Self. Ego is recursive thought patterns and conditioning, the more you chip away at it, the more your "gut" (hara) feeling will lead, and be right.

>But if one owns certain cuckish attributes with women, how does one change these without shaping their ego?

You should do away with thinking about ridiculous shit like PUA garbage until you started making some progress on realizing who you truly are.

Then everything else will settle in place on its own
>>
>>81108264
You can see it as for each Buddhist there's one less person who's trying to make the world a shittier place.

The ones who stay at temples either teach there, or are practicing there. They don't live there was a way of life, well from what I know anyway. There are Buddhist communities, bu they exist so to be a place so more people can become Buddhist if they wish. They really aren't big enough to have any sort of mass action against anything, what they can do is try to persuade people, enlighten them and show through their actions. They're in a very tough spot to do anything because most of what they say falls on deaf ears, there aren't enough for a real movement, and they don't resort to violence.
>>
>>81107707
Yeah, I understand the idea you're explaining, but that idea doesn't fit in to any sect I'm familiar with (I've studied Theravada and Vajrayana, I've sat a bit in Zen but it's generally not heavy on theory). Reincarnation does involve a continuance of individual beings. So when you die, your life as an Irishman will cease and you'll continue in some other form after a period of time, but almost everything from your previous life will be lost other than habits (sankhara in Pali and Samskara in Sanskrit) and 'account' of your actions (Kamma/ Karma).

The idea of continuance of a self is central to Buddhism, because if an individual being didn't reincarnate, if it was just this sea of life kind of thing, liberation wouldn't be possible. Where this sea of life thing fits in is the individual realizing it is part of an interdependent web of existence, that you lack inherent self existence because you are dependent on everything around you, and influenced by it, and vice versa. So there's a continuation of a self, or ego, but it is illusory in nature, and part of liberation is realizing that.

And some Buddhists eat meat. My lama does, and he's done a 3 year retreat, so he's a serious practitioner.
>>
File: IMG_20160711_020934.jpg (3 MB, 2992x4000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160711_020934.jpg
3 MB, 2992x4000
>>81108687
>Zen
>not heavy on theory
how would you achieve moksha?
>>
>>81108687
>I'm just a drop in the sea.
Mentality of the weak. Extraordinary men were extraordinary, because they believed in themselves.

Also:
>eating meat
nice karma score you got there, let's fuck it up by being responsible for dead animals.
>>
>>81108917
bruh, Dharma Gates are endless.

>>81109268
the mentality of the weak is what you're doing, going around picking fights with people who you have no understanding of

and meats delicious, I'll take on a bit of karma for it, at least for now
>>
>>81105636
its called being a good person, anon. /pol/ is filled with associal and edgy children.
>>
>>81109658
無門關 the gateless gate
but what is behind the gate?
>>
>>81103126
Because theology is shit.
>>
isnt actual buddhism still magic and sky gods and very religious though most people in the west think its just le meditation and peace maaan? ive never looked it up
>>
>>81103861
But you dont transcend those things. Look at all the buddhist countries.
>>
>>81110271

>isnt actual buddhism still magic and sky gods and very religious

Cultural Buddhism, yes

>though most people in the west think its just le meditation and peace maaan?

Meditation is very beneficial, and you can practice it on your own.

If anything, there are meditations that can make you more aggressively decisive, like Hyatt/Wislon complex.
>>
File: 1462479814283-1.gif (978 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1462479814283-1.gif
978 KB, 350x197
>>81110005
more gates, gates forever. that's what happens when you take them Bodhisattva vows

>>81110271
depends on the sect. Vajrayana has plenty of far out mythology. Buddhist meditation blew my previous skeptical / cynical Atheistic worldview to pieces though, you experience certain things and that approach to the world doesn't work anymore
>>
>>81108917
>studying buddhism
>dont read sanskrit

Kill yourself m8
>>
>>81110306
depends on how serious of a practitioner you are. I don't think Buddhist countries are filled with serious meditators or practitioners just like I don't think Christian countries are filled with pious church goers who know the bible on a deep level. Most people won't dig deeper than the surface of spiritual and religious systems.
>>
>>81110641

>Buddhist meditation blew my previous skeptical / cynical Atheistic worldview to pieces though, you experience certain things and that approach to the world doesn't work anymore

I can attest to that also.
>>
File: 1467621058307.jpg (133 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1467621058307.jpg
133 KB, 1600x1200
>>81110641
>more gates, gates forever
this is not correct
there is a cessation
>that's what happens when you take them Bodhisattva vows
since bodhisattvas are servants of Buddha it stands to reason that their knowledge is finite
>>
>>81110865
Well, its still healthy for the society as long as they arent a society filled with 100% monks
>>
>>81105813

Why don't you tell her how much of a stupid cunt she is?

>Buddhism as practiced by yuppy white people
>>
>>81110967
there's cessation, but I don't know how that fits into the vows of a bodhisattva. It's funny to me that Mahayana and Vajrayana are considered better vehicles, but they both involve vows of remaining in Samsara until all beings are free, beings of course being of an infinite amount. how does cessation work then? Just keep going until your card is pulled?
>>
>>81111045
yeah, you have a point. Buddhism is compatible with things like race and nationalism, but only to the average, non-serious practitioner. I think my initial claim works though for the guy who was curious, most people who get into Buddhism through their own curiosity will likely dig deeper than someone brought in through familial and cultural ties
>>
>>81110927
>>81110641
I had similar but minor eperiences, but I haven't really got into meditation properly.

Are you (still) nationalistic or feel like there are differences between races for example?
>>
>>81103422
its not really a religion, its more of a philosophy of living a 100% non triggering life

let go of hate, let go of desire, let go of emotions etc etc
>>
File: 006-million.jpg (19 KB, 570x380) Image search: [Google]
006-million.jpg
19 KB, 570x380
>>81111228
>they both involve vows of remaining in Samsara until all beings are free, beings of course being of an infinite amount.how
it's an allegory - so long as you remain in samsara you will not be able to leave: experiencing eternal sukha dukkha, pleasure and pain, seemingly uncontrollable
>how does cessation work then? Just keep going until your card is pulled?
you have to intend it; control the senses and then control the sense objects
>>
File: Buddhas Brain.jpg (61 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
Buddhas Brain.jpg
61 KB, 300x450
>>81103017

Theravadan Buddhism is slowly being deconstructed from a scientific, secular perspective and being reassembled under the name positive psychology. It's the most coherent of all the religions and almost everything mystical can be deconstructed as myth and be taken naturalistically. It requires a ridiculous amount of effort and dedication to become an Arhat ("enlightened") and is basically impossible without becoming a monk. It has some great ideas and practices, but it should be raided piecemeal and you should integrate only the parts you find useful. A mystical force known as karma is probably bullshit (and you'd find a lot of right minded people in the western Buddhist scene that would agree with you). The three marks of existence are absolutely spot on and transformative when you contemplate their implications. The Brahmaviharas are amazing meditation practices, loving-kindness feels amazing. Also, meditation has crazy cognitive benefits. They say the brain of the average meditator is 7 years younger than the non-meditator. Check out the book "Buddh'a Brain" for the neuroscience behind the practices found in Buddhism. It's very good and not a bad place to start. If you want more information on Thervadan Buddhism (the original Buddhism) go to AccessToInsight.org. It has the entire Pali cannon (the "bible" of Buddhism) as well as comentatries and other writing by monks of importance. You can pretty much everything online for free.
>>
>>81112110
>A mystical force known as karma is probably bullshit
karma simply means action - "what you do has effects". to deny that you'd have to deny that you exist
>>
Is anyone familiar with Tantric Buddhism?
>>
>>81111804
I'm nationalistic to the extend that I believe a strong nation creates strong individuals. Strong individuals make great art, pursue science, make the world a better place, and allow for spiritual growth. It's kind of hard for me to be attached to America, it's a mutt country. Though it was founded on strong principles, and the constitution if followed does allow for great liberty. I'm not against a world with no borders, but right now it's obvious that would lead to a watering down of potential for the common citizen.

And there are obvious differences in races, although individuals do break the mold. Accepting there are genetic differences just allows you to see the world more clearly. I don't even think this has to lead to hatred, I've become a lot better at communicating with people of other races since accepting this view.
>>
>>81112001
do you have a teacher? I don't believe the vows are allegorical at all, they're fairly literal. You take a vow to remain here to guide others, and doing so helps you attain awakening quicker than working just for your own liberation.
>>
>>81106385
yeah, buddhism these days seems to be just blind escapism, at least in the west.
>>
File: j_kII1Rh.png (84 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
j_kII1Rh.png
84 KB, 256x256
>>81112738
>You take a vow to remain here to guide others
but where do the others exist? they are only in your mind and by choosing to remain in such a situation you are prolonging your existence in samsara
>and doing so helps you attain awakening quicker than working just for your own liberation
that is still an egoic desire. what do you mean by "awakening"? to what are you awakening? to whom?
>>
>>81112755

People always say this, but i don't see where you get this AT ALL.

Even after a week of proper basic meditation practice tyou become more sharply attuned to your surroundings and reality.
>>
File: 276033.jpg (265 KB, 620x932) Image search: [Google]
276033.jpg
265 KB, 620x932
>>81112456
>>
>>81113125
because you're in the east
>>
>>81113250
Do you know what makes it distinct from regular Buddhism? Genuinely curious; I try to read the articles online but I'm not familiar with anything but the most superficial knowledge
>>
>>81103017
Buddhism was originally a reaction to Hinduism becoming soft. The Buddha was a member of the warrior aristocracy, and his teachings were designed with that life in mind.

Source: Evola
>>
File: shakti-goddess.jpg (243 KB, 375x654) Image search: [Google]
shakti-goddess.jpg
243 KB, 375x654
>>81113421
it's basically shaktism
>>
Buddhism is set on the very basic principle of mind over matter. Master the mind, and the matter will not... matter. Replace the survival cycle with the creative cycle and you will get real progress. Sure everyone can get hit by a car/shot by evil people/etc but that doesnt mean you have to walk around 24/7 coated in body armor and pillows. This will drag you in and attract the very things you wish to fight against. Focus on what you want, and not on what you don't want, and you will be impacted less by these events. Of course you still have the right and the duty to defend yourself but that is not the focus of your existence.
>>
>>81113051
I don't think that's the answer either. I remember during the 8 day course in the SN Goenka tradition of Vipassana, on a discourse tape Goenka is asked something along the lines of "If I attain cessation, does that mean the rest of the world ceases too?" and Goenka said no, the rest of the world continues.

it's egoic desire, but it's also the nature of wisdom to pursue the best course. you're awakening to the nature of reality. and 'you' is just a false view, the view of self and other. so you're not becoming liberated, but an instance of ignorance is being liberated. which means there are other instances still out there
>>
>>81113421

Really, just wait until the next /omg/ thread on /x/. I'm fairly sure there's at least one Vajrayana practitioner there, and there are a lot of books on it in the K's library.
>>
>>81103017
Are we talking about western hippie version of zen or we talking about something more pragmatic.

First of all, suffering is not really the right term... frustration is closer. You should try to minimise it in your life to be happy. It's ok to want nice things and ok to have them, it's not ok to obsess over them, make them the meaning of your life.

To reduce frustration, you should have right thoughts and you should do the right deeds. Your goal should be to reduce frustration and suffering in the world.

If you can stop a massacre of thousands by kiling 10 or 100, you should do it without any remorse, guilt, joy or any other emotion, because it's simply the right thing to do. Sitting and meditatin about worl peace and love is wrong in that situation.

But it will never fly here.
>>
>>81103017
nope, buddhists are leftists
>>
>>81114201
but who are you? you only exist according to my mind, and if I choose to delete you from reality then you do not exist
>an instance of ignorance is being liberated
no, that's an instance of being ignorant
>>
>>81115686
>>
>>81115686
Umm, no.
They're isolationists and fascists, for starters.
>>
>>81116027
>you only exist according to my mind

That's just solipsism, not Buddhism. Find a teacher, and realize words have power, don't just use them to play mind games
>>
File: 1468126483120-2.jpg (151 KB, 831x1080) Image search: [Google]
1468126483120-2.jpg
151 KB, 831x1080
>>81116806
what is Buddhism then? you are completely clueless. the fact is my reality is the only reality and you are merely a figment in it. a disgusting figment but still my own nonetheless.

if you want to argue a point then do so but all you have done is assert meaningless insults
>>
File: 1467323968929-2-01.jpg (102 KB, 689x689) Image search: [Google]
1467323968929-2-01.jpg
102 KB, 689x689
>>
File: 1468337659562.jpg (389 KB, 1126x1122) Image search: [Google]
1468337659562.jpg
389 KB, 1126x1122
>>81117010
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 115x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 115x144
>>81117010
YOU ARE A SOLIPSISTIC MORON, WHO ONLY EXCELS AT USING FLOWERY LANGUAGE TO DECEIVE HIMSELF! SUFFERING WILL BE THE ONLY RESULT OF PERSISTING IN SUCH DELUSIONS!
>>
>>81118199
care to comment on this? >>81117431
>>
File: 1468126154384-3.jpg (111 KB, 831x1080) Image search: [Google]
1468126154384-3.jpg
111 KB, 831x1080
>>81117544
>>81118199
>>
File: Praise Kek.png (60 KB, 904x692) Image search: [Google]
Praise Kek.png
60 KB, 904x692
>>81103321
Praise Kek
>>
File: 67873533.jpg (205 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
67873533.jpg
205 KB, 500x715
>>81118199
>>81116806
waiting for your commentary and rebuttal on this >>81117544
>>
>>81103017
I honestly think the undemonstrable idea of heaven and hell ultimately makes more sense the concept of "enlightenment" desu senpai.
>>
File: 1468126154383-0.jpg (178 KB, 1402x1080) Image search: [Google]
1468126154383-0.jpg
178 KB, 1402x1080
>>81119411
>believing in Semitic ideology
>not knowing about Buddhist cosmology
>>
>>81103017
No, it doers have good concepts to keep in mind though and is well worth investigating
>>
>>81117010
the fact is my reality is the only reality and you are merely a figment in it.

That's solipsism 101. You can quote texts all you want, but Buddhism isn't Solipsism and you're retarded to suggest otherwise. At this point, insults aren't pointless because you've shown yourself to lack the capacity for logical thought or even basic knowledge of philosophy. You're sitting here saying 'my mind' if emptiness is a characteristic of existence, who is this me? It's obvious you don't meditate, you just read books and interpret them like a dullard.
>>
>>81120007
>You can quote texts all you want
but you cannot
nor can you debate them
how do you expect to be taken seriously if you refuse to debate Buddhist texts?
>>
>>81104836
so basically it's a watered down version of christianity? I have never seen buddhists launch a crusade. yet christianity is attacked day in day out.
>>
You should join Hare Krishna
>>
>>81120169
Posting a link to a source isn't an argument you dullard. You're making a solipsistic argument, solipsism hinges on a belief in an inherent self, which doesn't exist in Buddhism. No amount of misinterpreting texts will save you
>>
File: 1468451023096.png (494 KB, 650x887) Image search: [Google]
1468451023096.png
494 KB, 650x887
>>81120570
>solipsism hinges on a belief in an inherent self, which doesn't exist in Buddhism
finally you get there
and that is the problem with Buddhism because it is an agnostic philosophy that denies the mind has a creator
>>81120288
>>
>>81120762
>I was just pretending to be retarded, I swear

Whatever, guy
>>
File: dasavataras.jpg (230 KB, 1539x660) Image search: [Google]
dasavataras.jpg
230 KB, 1539x660
>>81120980
>तत: कलौ सम्प्रवृत्ते सम्मोहाय सुरद्विषाम् ।
>बुद्धो नाम्नाजनसुत: कीकटेषु भविष्यति ॥ २४॥
>Then, in the beginning of Kali-yuga, the Lord will appear as Lord Buddha, the son of Anjana, in the province of Gaya, just for the purpose of deluding those who are envious of the faithful theist.
>>
Zen buddhism is even more based. Sit and stare at the wall. See reality as it is.
>>
>>81103422
you'll need that shotgun against a buddhist monk amerifat, or else his gonna fuck you up if you continue to say bullshit
>>
honestly, I think if it's not alredy part of your culture, full blown Buddhism is unnecessary
you can pursue spiritual enlightenment with many different ways, in the end you will arrive at the same truth
>>
File: 1466016686118.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1466016686118.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>81103017
>>
Honestly who needs/cares about buddhism. Just strive for enlightenment, there are many ways to get there. Srs check out Shinzen Young he takes practices from many religions and uses it practically and logically in a scientific fashion.
>>
>>81119840
didn't say anything about semites. on the other hand, you worship panjeet.
>>
File: 83a (1).gif (90 KB, 383x470) Image search: [Google]
83a (1).gif
90 KB, 383x470
>>81121771
no
ARYAN
Buddha avatar Aryan
>>
File: 1432009016324.jpg (142 KB, 1024x415) Image search: [Google]
1432009016324.jpg
142 KB, 1024x415
>>
>>81122761
why the new id
>>
File: cern-opening-the-gates-of-hades.jpg (147 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
cern-opening-the-gates-of-hades.jpg
147 KB, 3000x2250
>>81122805
i lost Wi-Fi and it went to 4G
>>
It's fucking shit. It's just hippy fucking knowledge. There's no holy books or literatuyre. There's no fucking theology. It's just pacifist fucking bollocks.
>>
>>81103017
The religion is filled with bullshit (e.g. that Guru Rinpoche was born from a lotus flower). But there's the argument that Buddhism offers a valuable tool to humanity, namely Mindfulness. This needn't be attached to the religion, the same way algebra isn't Muslim algebra, though it had its inception there.
>>
>>81120980
>>81120570
>>81120007
>not knowing what atman is
>not knowing what mind is
>not knowing what consciousness is
>not knowing anything
>>81118199
still waiting for a reply to actual Buddhist literature, you filthy kikes
>>
>>81103017
It's like solopsism. EVERYONE has to agree to it for it to work.
>>
>>81112110
Thank you I will look into this.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.