[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ Literature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9
File: 41OZWRhWXhL.jpg (27 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
41OZWRhWXhL.jpg
27 KB, 333x500
I'm making a run to the used book store soon and I plan on getting /pol/ approved books. I'm already going to be looking out for the Patton Papers, what else should I keep my eyes open for?

General /pol/ lit thread.
>>
>>81009213
Did you forget what board you're on? /pol/ is filled with degenerates who have never read a book, never had a job and spend their days playing Overwatch and jerking off.
>>
>>81009213
If you like fantasy series, Malazan Book of the Fallen is quite redpilled on the clash of civilizations and the nature of war.
>>
>>81010631
wrong.
i have never played overwatch in my life
>>
>>81010631
I've seen threads like this before, I just never paid that much attention because I didn't have plans to go to a book store and actually have a shot at getting the things suggested.
>>
>>81010631
Tumblr-------->
>>
File: 1468533874918.jpg (58 KB, 630x460) Image search: [Google]
1468533874918.jpg
58 KB, 630x460
>>81011318
link?
>>
File: Legal_Philosophy_Guide.png (1 MB, 3000x2500) Image search: [Google]
Legal_Philosophy_Guide.png
1 MB, 3000x2500
The /lit/ guides are pretty good.
>>
File: 1383014676779.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3549) Image search: [Google]
1383014676779.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3549
>>81012995
>>
File: Start_with_the_greeks.jpg (1 MB, 3672x3024) Image search: [Google]
Start_with_the_greeks.jpg
1 MB, 3672x3024
>>
SCHINDLER'S LIST: THE NOVELIZATION OF THE HIT FILM
>>
>>81013305
Thanks m8
>>
>>81009213
Representative Men by Emerson.
>>
File: We Was Founding Fathers.jpg (87 KB, 635x422) Image search: [Google]
We Was Founding Fathers.jpg
87 KB, 635x422
America's Constitution: A Biography by Akhil Reed Amar

America's Unwritten Constitution: The Precedents and Principles We Live By by Akhil Reed Amar

The Law of the Land: A Grand Tour of Our Constitutional Republic by Akhil Reed Amar

The Bill of Rights: Creation and Reconstruction by Akhil Reed Amar

The Constitution of the United States of America and Selected Writings of the Founding Fathers by Barnes & Noble

The Heritage Guide to the Constitution, Fully Revised Second Edition by David F. Forte and Matthew Spalding

Plain, Honest Men: The Making of the American Constitution by Richard Beeman

Unruly Americans and the Origins of the Constitution by Woody Holton

The Federalist: A Classic of Federalism and Free Government by Gottfried Dietze

The Right to Vote: The Contested History of Democracy in the United States by Alexander Keyssar
>>
>>81019256
Should add Speeches and letters of George Washington to this list.

http://www.foundationsmag.com/civility.html
>>
File: pol_books_last_4_months.jpg (1 MB, 1023x4250) Image search: [Google]
pol_books_last_4_months.jpg
1 MB, 1023x4250
>>81009213
Get an e-reader.

>Politically Incorrect Books Archive:
https://mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg
>Antimony Group Right-Wing Archive
http://laraj.ca/AGwiki/
>>
I highly recommend this book; it's as enlightening as it is dense. You have the numbers to understand why the Framers of the Constitution created such a robust national government compared to the Continental Congress.

Unruly Americans and the Origins of the Constitution
by Woody Holton
https://www.amazon.com/Unruly-Americans-Origins-Constitution-Holton/dp/0809016435

Average Americans Were the True Framers of the Constitution

Woody Holton upends what we think we know of the Constitution's origins by telling the history of the average Americans who challenged the framers of the Constitution and forced on them the revisions that produced the document we now venerate. The framers who gathered in Philadelphia in 1787 were determined to reverse America's post–Revolutionary War slide into democracy. They believed too many middling Americans exercised too much influence over state and national policies. That the framers were only partially successful in curtailing citizen rights is due to the reaction, sometimes violent, of unruly average Americans.

If not to protect civil liberties and the freedom of the people, what motivated the framers? In Unruly Americans and the Origins of the Constitution, Holton provides the startling discovery that the primary purpose of the Constitution was, simply put, to make America more attractive to investment. And the linchpin to that endeavor was taking power away from the states and ultimately away from the people. In an eye-opening interpretation of the Constitution, Holton captures how the same class of Americans that produced Shays's Rebellion in Massachusetts (and rebellions in damn near every other state) produced the Constitution we now revere.

Unruly Americans and the Origins of the Constitution is a 2007 National Book Award Finalist for Nonfiction.
>>
File: height.630.no_border.width.1200.jpg (78 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
height.630.no_border.width.1200.jpg
78 KB, 1200x630
>>81023115

Book Discussion on Unruly Americans and the Origins of the Constitution [1:03:07]
https://www.c-span.org/video/?202319-1/book-discussion-unruly-americans-origins-constitution

Historian Woody Holton talked about his book Unruly Americans and the Origins of the Constitution, published by Hill and Wang.He contends that the Constitution was drafted by a group of elites that created a far more radical document than they intended only because they were afraid that the middle class farmers would not rarify it.Professor Holton talked about issues for the farmers such as repaying the war debt to bond speculators such as Abigail Adams and controversy over the size of electoral districts.Woody Holton discussed his book, which was a finalist for the 2007 National Book Award for non-fiction, at the Massachusetts Historical Society in Boston series of lunch time sessions to discuss ongoing research and recent publications moderated by Conrad Wright.Mr.Holton responded to questions from members of the audience.
>>
>>81009213
>1985 - 1940, and 1940 - 1945
Whuh?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.