[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
War is coming, With all its glory, and all it horror
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1385827605996.png (65 KB, 828x644) Image search: [Google]
1385827605996.png
65 KB, 828x644
http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/2016/05/11/us-approves-un-use-force-protect-civilians-conflict/84253768/

Take special note of those last few lines
>>
>Editor's note: This article was originally published at 6:34 p.m. EDT May 11, 2016.

UNITED NATIONS — The United States has announced its support for a set of principles that give a green light for U.N. peacekeeping troops and police to use force to protect civilians in armed conflicts.

U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power told a high-level U.N. meeting Wednesday focusing on the responsibility to protect civilians that the United States was "proud" and "humbled" to join 28 other countries that have pledged to abide by the 18 pledges.

U.N. peacekeepers from these 29 countries are now required to act in cases where civilians are in danger.
>"The Kigali Principles are designed to make sure that civilians are not abandoned by the international community again," she said, recalling how U.N. peacekeepers left Rwanda before the 1994 genocide and Srebrenica before the 1995 massacre.
>>
who's behind this?
>>
lmao this isn't important i'm going to post more threads about big black cocks and transsexuals to get this thread to page 10
>>
File: whitopia.png (160 KB, 1229x322) Image search: [Google]
whitopia.png
160 KB, 1229x322
>>81004151
pol is never wrong?
>>
>>81004151
Incoming martial law and riots.
>>
UNATCO?
>>
I would also like to add:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2016/07/01/executive-order-united-states-policy-pre-and-post-strike-measures

Killing civilans is now simply a fine.
>>
>>81004151

This has more to do with letting UN soldiers in Sudan shooting back when militias attack refugee camps there kr UN bases etc

This still cant be used to bring UN forces into somewhere like Syria without the UNSC
>>
>>81004151
Nice bait. All this does is give Peacekeepers (see; not peace enforcers) the ability to intervene to save civilians.

Peace keepers have always had a "Look the other way" policy. They only existed as a way to make the UN seem like it had power while have ROEs of "You just can't."

This measure today just means the PKs in places like the Brazilian favelas can save people who are actively being threatened. Keep in mind that PKs are contributed by nations voluntarily, and their current lack of ROEs are the reason things like Rwanda got so out of control.

There's nothing wrong with giving PKs the opportunity to save someone whose life is in danger. If they're going to be placed in shitholes they might as well at least have the opportunity to use those guns of theirs for more than just looking tough.
>>
File: 1468476257286.jpg (23 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1468476257286.jpg
23 KB, 500x375
>>81005582
>>81004151

Hello darkness my old friend....
>>
so if you're american just remember.
get a gun.
its for the better.
>>
Bampen

You burgers are fucked.
>>
>>81004845
WHY MAN. SAVE HUMANITY.
>>
File: 1458767696470.jpg (162 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1458767696470.jpg
162 KB, 1000x800
>>81004151
This is a good first step for finally being able to start my collection of blue helmets.

I'm rejoicing. Finally some good news after the shit news with trump today with him promoting a neocon as his VP pick.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.