[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ronald Ray gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What did this man actually do?
>Raised taxes
>Did 'Star Wars' to scare the Ruskies
>Was aggressive towards the Soviet Union
>Didn't intervene in the Falklands War despite being Maggie Thatcher's best mate

Am I missing something? Why do American conservatives like this guy so much?
>>
>>80976753
Dont forget trickle down economics
>>
>Was aggressive towards the Soviet Union

This is considered a positive.

>Did 'Star Wars' to scare the Ruskies

It worked.

Honestly, conservatives admires him more for rejuvenating the conservative movement and the ideas he expressed.
>>
>>80976753
nixon was much better. ronnie raygun ushered in the disastorous neocon revolution
>>
File: 1278503590674.jpg (569 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1278503590674.jpg
569 KB, 800x1000
>>
>>80976753
He was aggressive against the commies
I dunno, that's pretty much.
>>
>>80976753

Banned new machine guns and gave in to terrorism in Lebanon.
>>
>>80977131
>he did things that I disagree with therefore he's a CRIMINAL!
>>
>>80977131
>Racist used unironically
Discarded
>>
>>80976753
Sold missiles to Iran and used the money from that to fund death squads in South America

Was literally senile and barely knew what the fuck he was doing

Was a gun grabber while in office in California because whites got spooked by some spooks open carrying

Was the perfect example of an "ivory tower Hollywood liberal" yet upheld as a paragon of conservatism for some reason
>>
>>80977131
>national debt tripled
what percentage of the GDP was the debt after this tripling? something acceptable?

>deregulated savings and loans
was that a bad thing? did it turn out to be a mistake? many interventions in that area create more troubles than they solve

>taxed the poor
explain, was it an explicit raise? or it's that "they didn't benefit from X so X is bad for them"

I think this guy was and still is a feel-good figure for the right, he initiated the wrong tradition of saluting the troops (if you're not in uniform, you don't salute, t. Eisenhower). But every president was downhill from him. The right idolizes him and the left doesn't want to check wether his "fuck ups" did actual harm
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.