[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Religion and literacy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: MegaChart2.png (36 KB, 495x781) Image search: [Google]
MegaChart2.png
36 KB, 495x781
According to a post on OkCupids research and analytics blog, a persons religious beliefs are statistically related to their literacy. Christians, in particular devout Protestants, have the lowest writing proficiency.

Of course, you might argue that the OkCupid user base is not an accurate representation of society as a whole. Or, you might say that correlation does not indicate causation.

But do you really believe, that by complete chance, Christians happen to be stupid without there being any relation between Christianity and stupidity?

Anyone with common sense, however, will accept that one (or both) of the statements below is probably true:

- Christians are Christians because they're stupid
and / or
- Christians are stupid because they're Christian
>>
>>80966103

> Or, you might say that correlation does not indicate causation.

I would say this because it is absolutely and without a doubt true.

Also those two statements at the bottom are so circular they nearly rolled off my monitor.
>>
>>80966103
I think the more pressing issue is why a religious person would be using OkCupid!
Even more pressing than that is why this shitty thread is up!
>>
Niggers are mostly Protestant. They drag the numbers down. Spics are mostly Catholic. Ditto. If you break Protestants down by denomination and control for race, Anglicans and Catholics outscore atheists by 10 to 15 points, while Mainliners are national average, and evangelicals are a point or two below.
>>
File: ayo wat dis say.jpg (10 KB, 193x232) Image search: [Google]
ayo wat dis say.jpg
10 KB, 193x232
>on /pol/
>not taking into consideration the racial element
>>
>>80966103
Being christian doesn't make you stupid, people shoving religion down your throat all your life and telling you to shut up and to not question it is what makes you stupid
>>
I wonder how many niggers and spics are Christian.
>>
The more interesting information is the fact that none of the averages go above a 9th grade proficiency level. The real data is the fact that people who use dating website/can't get laid appear to be retarded.
>>
>>80967379
This.
Seriously, though, what kind of samples did these people use? I used OKCupid for about a year and I never came across people who used incorrect spelling and/or grammar.
>>
>>80966315
That's why I put it in the OP. Is this your argument? Then please, explain why it applies in this situation.

Do religious communities encourage children's tendency to ask questions and seek new information?

If their religion made sense, wouldn't it be beneficial to teach children how to doubt and reason?

Christianity is aimed at the stupid. and thus encourages stupidity among its members.

>>80967050
Then why aren't the "very serious" Jewish and Buddhists dumber than the "not serious" Christians?

>>80967379
I suppose it's possible that OkCupid attracts stupid people. Then again, the average person isn't necessarily a proficient reader.

>>80968206
http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-best-questions-for-first-dates/

OkCupid filters away the people you probably won't match with anyway. Otherwise, it would make a poor dating service, wouldn't it?
>>
>>80970879
>Then why aren't the "very serious" Jewish and Buddhists dumber than the "not serious" Christians?
You have to study for months to prepare for the ceremony to become a full Jew.
And one of the noble paths of Buddhism is wisdom.
>>
>>80966706
This
>>
>>80966718
Yes, there's a racial element involved.

Race, as both a genetic and a cultural concept, differ from each other because they evolved separately, both genetically and culturally. People from different races will have both different genetic and cultural basis for literacy.

Illiteracy breeds illiteracy.

Religion is part of the equation.

>>80974073
Then there's a problem with Christian culture.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.