[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RNC: I will be living right next to where the riot police are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: tam_110.jpg (102 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
tam_110.jpg
102 KB, 600x401
I'm a student at CWRU. This past week, we've had our summer classes cancelled and research groups have been told to take the week off for the RNC. This morning, I saw a vehicle similar to pic related driving through the parking lot next to my dorm, and several people in military uniforms (I think Nat'l Guard) were walking around, scouting out the area. If I'm correct, this means that the National Guard has already been called in, and is making sure they can quickly terminate any violent situations, which causes me to believe that there will be violence in Cleveland that outweighs anything we've seen at Trump's rallies.

I will continue to provide updates as the week goes on. Recently, the protestors were given rules about how close they could get. I've overheard a few students who will be attending the protests say very confidently that they will not be following those rules, but I'm sure you already expected that. Also, I have had sources tell me that the New Black Panthers will be armed at these protests, no matter what the City of Cleveland tells them. If the City tells them they can't be armed, expect gun violence to be a part of the protest.

Additionally, I will post the emails I have received from my university concerning the matter. My university, as well as CSU, has been asked to house the employees and attendees for the convention. CWRU will specifically be housing "Peace Officers," or as we call them, riot police. The SJWs and BLMs have already spoken out against this, saying that these officers are a threat to their safety. The Dallas shootings lead to the decision to recommend students stay off campus during the RNC. The officers will stay here, and I will have a next-door vantage point for any protests or riots here, which are expected. The Cleveland universities have even been willing to pay employees to not show up, and have offered free plane tickets to students who want to leave for the week. I will post the emails below. AMA /pol/.
>>
Email #1, 1/2:

"To the Case Western Reserve University Community:
In recent days we have received questions regarding the presence of law enforcement personnel on our campus during the Republican National Convention (RNC). I write today to provide information and context about those arrangements, and to address some of the existing misconceptions.
First, though, I want to reiterate a point I've made often over the last nine years: The safety of the Case Western Reserve community is our top priority; we would take no action—and accept no action—that threatens the well-being of our students, staff, and faculty.
A decade ago, a coalition of leaders from business, government and other organizations came together to pursue a bid for Cleveland to host a national convention. After falling short in their 2008 and 2012 efforts, they finally prevailed when the GOP announced its selection in July 2014. Throughout all of those years, the group remained driven by a singular goal: to showcase the city’s growing strengths to the world.
Last year, the city of Cleveland asked for our assistance with the convention. They needed rooms to house peace officers providing security downtown. Most of our residence halls are vacant in July, and so, like other Northeast Ohio institutions of higher education, we agreed. Since that time, we also have honored requests for housing for students from more than a half dozen universities, several nonprofit organizations and a few media outlets. In my visits to all of our schools each semester, I have discussed our plans to house peace officers and others coming to Cleveland next month."
>>
>>80930233
2/3 (Still too long):
"I appreciate the concern some feel about having a significant influx of individuals with little knowledge of our campus. I also recognize that the nation has seen too many incidents where some police officers have escalated conflicts to unnecessarily dangerous levels, or demonstrated bias in the way they treat different individuals. Nevertheless, presuming that every peace officer coming to Cleveland is predisposed to violence or discrimination represents its own kind of profiling, and is in direct opposition to our core values as a university.
Frank Demes, the university’s executive director of public safety and security, has spent the past several months working closely with local and state law enforcement leaders regarding the rules and logistics of the peace officers’ stay. He and his team also are in regular contact with university officials from student affairs, housing, and the Office of General Counsel. Security concerns and guidance from federal and other officials require that some facts cannot be shared. Still, we will be as forthcoming as possible within those limitations, and will provide updates as circumstances warrant."
>>
>>80930349
3/3:

"For now, I can provide the following information:
Peace officers will be housed in residence halls on both the north and south ends of campus. They will be clustered among themselves in selected buildings; no other guests, or our students, will be in the same buildings as the officers. As officers deemed to be on assignment per Ohio law, they will be permitted to bring their handguns into their rooms. The university will require those weapons to be secured whenever the officers are in the residence halls.
All of our guests—including peace officers—are required to abide by the university’s policies while on campus. Case Western Reserve’s own police officers and security guards will be present in full force throughout the week to ensure the safety of everyone on our campus; as ever, the well-being of our faculty, staff, and students is our highest priority.
I look forward to providing additional information as soon as it is available.
Barbara R. Snyder

President"
>>
>>80930370
And here's the email after Dallas:

"To the Case Western Reserve University Community:
The deadly shootings last week in Louisiana, Minnesota and Texas have dramatically intensified our national conversation involving race, law enforcement and the best paths to justice, fairness and safety for all.
Those tragedies came as Case Western Reserve engaged in its own campus discussions regarding our decision to house 1,700 police officers (and approximately 200 members of the Ohio National Guard) at our university during the week of the Republican National Convention.
As I have noted previously, Case Western Reserve—along with other area colleges and universities—agreed to house the officers at the city’s request. We are a part of this community, and felt a civic obligation to respond when asked. In addition, Cleveland officers have assisted our campus police on multiple occasions—including some of the most challenging circumstances we have encountered.
In response to concerns raised about the officers’ presence, we hosted two campus forums last week. I thank everyone who attended those meetings; our leadership team heard impassioned and thoughtful perspectives—much of them informed by personal experiences, as well as the larger national context involving interactions between underrepresented minorities and law enforcement.
I believe we all gained deeper insight regarding the complexity of the issues involved, as well as the intensity of emotion they can provoke. I very much hope that our campus continues to engage in this kind of meaningful dialogue. It is essential to increasing our ability to appreciate and understand—and, ultimately, begin to bridge—the questions that can tend to divide us."
>>
>>80930436
"Process: In answering the city’s convention request, we failed to give adequate consideration to the impact the decision would have on members of our community—in particular students staying in residence halls near the buildings housing the officers. While we spoke widely about the decision (during spring meetings at each school, at Faculty Senate, etc.), we did not communicate directly with students who would remain on campus for the summer as much as we should have. For that lack of communication, I apologize.
Communication: After receiving questions regarding the officers’ presence during the convention, I wrote to the campus community June 24. In that email, I urged that members of our community not stereotype all police officers as violent or prejudiced. Nevertheless, given the current national context, I regret that I described such behavior as “profiling,” and that I was not more careful with my language. I continue to hope that we avoid presumptions about any person, and instead treat each as an individual.
Conduct Expectations: The City of Cleveland handled all engagements with the police departments sending officers to assist with the convention—including criteria for vetting. We have communicated regularly with the city regarding our expectations of guests’ conduct on our campus.
o All guests—including officers—will receive copies of our policies regarding the university’s standards for conduct. Like all other guests staying at Case Western Reserve, the officers must abide by those policies, or face removal from the campus.

o After arriving on campus, all officers will receive orientations that will include discussion of key policies regarding our expectations of them while guests on our campus."
>>
>>80930478
"o As always, university police have jurisdiction over the campus. The visiting officers will be assigned to critical convention-related duties.

o The visiting officers will have their individual service weapons with them when in their residence halls. These weapons are to be stored securely, with ammunition separate from the weapons themselves. (In response to a student request, I did ask the city if it would be possible to have all weapons stored off campus. Several concerns, including those regarding the officers’ ability to respond quickly to an emergency situation downtown, made the city unable to accommodate this request.)

Provisions for Case Western Reserve Students Living on Campus:
o No students or other guests here for the convention will be housed in the same residence halls as the visiting officers.

o The university will provide alternative housing options for students concerned about living in buildings near the officers’ residence halls. The Office of Housing will provide details regarding those provisions in a separate communication to those students."
>>
>>80930149
Does your school have ROTC? If so, that might have been them. Also, your school completly dropped the ball on preparing for this and needs to be made aware of this.
>>
>>80930507
"Steps Those on Campus Can Take to Enhance Safety:
o Members of the university community with concerns about any conduct they see on campus, involving any individual(s), are urged to report what they observed by calling ###.###.####

o Members of the university community who have not entered their cell phone numbers into the campus safety alert system, Rave, are strongly encouraged to do so.

o Members of the university community also are encouraged to download the university’s “Shield” app, which includes several features that assist officers in keeping the campus safe.
In the wake of last week’s tragedies and related developments, we have decided to take several additional steps to enhance the safety of the entire main campus next week. Later this afternoon the daily will provide details of those measures, and we will provide updates to those plans as circumstances warrant.
Sincerely,
Barbara R. Snyder

President"

Again, if you would like any more information, just ask. If you don't care, don't reply, and I'm sorry for bumping this thread.
>>
>>80930640
No, it's definitely the military. We have ROTC but it's all taught at JCU, which is pretty far away. These guys were fully uniformed, and it looked like there were non-military people with them also.
>>
>>80930654
What will you personally be doing during the RNC? How will you keep yourself safe?
>>
>>80930149
Do you hang at Coventry?
>>
File: teleports behind you.gif (1007 KB, 273x429) Image search: [Google]
teleports behind you.gif
1007 KB, 273x429
1 word for you OP

V A M O O S E
>>
Can you get a 24/7 livestream from a good vantage point? It would be immense for the historical record if some protests go haywire.
Also I would need something to watch when I can't sleep from excitement.
>>
>>80930781
I haven't yet decided whether I want to try going to the Q (Quicken Loans Arena, where the RNC is happening). I am a Trump supporter by the way. By the general attitude I'm getting here, I'm afraid I will be attacked by the "peaceful" protestors if I try to attend. They already have several marches planned. Some people are already protesting.

My other option is to just stay in my dorm, which is equally dangerous considering my street-side window and the fact that the dorms will be housing officers.

I had classes and research planned, but those were recently cancelled. Classes will be given online. It was sprung on teachers literally just two days ago.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1280x720
What gun will you be using on the battlefield?
>>
>>80930149
It's so their leftist student body can come out and protest. Along with all the agent provocateurs they bus in.
>>
>>80930654

I see that your university has chosen to ignore all laconic tradition.
>>
>>80931089
I've seen a little BLM here in Toronto. My advice: stay the hell away from the Q.
>>
>>80930783
No, I'm not gay.
But I do go there, Eddy's gives the best haircuts.

>>80930952
I don't know if I can make it a 24/7 livestream. I'm not sure how good my vantage point will be, or if there will even be protestors here during the RNC. If I see a black mob running up the street, I'll turn on a camera.
>>
>>80931126
This
>>
File: 1465754649490.jpg (252 KB, 711x800) Image search: [Google]
1465754649490.jpg
252 KB, 711x800
>>80930149
Northside or southside?

Fribley vs Leutner?

Valentinos, or, well, nothing really compares, does it?

How much do you want to murder the BMEs?

educate us, op
>>
>>80931089
Streaming would be a great contribution. Also, that 2 day shit. Get behind a formal complaint, your school admins are incompetent as hell.
>>
>>80931195
Also our president is a wordy asshole. I wish the emails were shorter too.

>>80931123
"Guns are not allowed on campus"
(But peace officers can have them, which I feel will be very interesting)

>>80931126
I'm pretty sure they were wearing Coast Guard camo. But don't worry, the leftist student body has already started their protests. I skipped posting an email inviting everyone to a forum, my uni's national pastime.

>>80931429
Lol you go here too? I'm living on Southside right now. Fribley looks better and has nicer food, but they don't have any variety. You should know as well as I do that pizza here sucks ass. On a scale of 1 to 10, I want to murder the BusinessMajorEventually's an 11.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 600x338
>>80931244
>I don't know if I can make it a 24/7 livestream. I'm not sure how good my vantage point will be, or if there will even be protestors here during the RNC. If I see a black mob running up the street, I'll turn on a camera
Get comfy in a building that overlooks the expo center. Looking forward to all the clanging.
>>
>>80931453
I will be getting behind a formal complaint. The class is not what I'm concerned about. Our university is know (almost exclusively) for research. We don't have sports teams, we're not an Ivy, and we do okay on Nobel Prizes, but we ace research, especially biomedical. It shows a lack of understanding when the university board asks us to shut down projects we've been working on for months (in my case, half a year) just because protestors can't keep it in their pants.
>>
>>80931696
>our president is a wordy asshole

Of course she is.
Men talk to deliver their point, women talk to discover their point.

>>80931696
>"Guns are not allowed on campus"
>(But peace officers can have them

Guns are a requirement for their work.
The days of Andy Griffith are long gone.
>>
>>80931696
I'm long gone. Still have friends that work for the uni, however. Haven't even seen the campus in years. I graduated before the whole Euclid 2.0 thing even started, which everyone seems to be jizzing themselves over now. All we had was a shitty mcdonalds and a run down strip mall.

Southside was the place to be 1st and 2nd year, I lived in the itchcock and clark tower. Had places on hessler and soverlook after that.

RIP the Mayfield doughnut shop, I heard that closed. I also heard that Anthony's of Little Italy went upmarket. That place used to be the shit.
>>
>>80931781
Pic related, the Q on the left, and the two red circles are were officers will be housed. I live by the southern one, so I'm not sure how good my vantage point will be. I will have direct line of sight to the buildings they'll be in.

>>80932088
I know, I mentioned the gun thing because that's what the lefties were most concerned about.

>>80932106
Hey at least you had a mcdonalds. But yeah, Euclid 2.0 is actually really nice. I lived in Tyler and Michelson. The doughnut shop did close, and Anthony's moved last year I think, very sad.
>>
>>80931867
Also, if you can backup everything, and I mean everything you can in terms of data, research, you name it. Preferably physical and cloud uploads. This could get really, really diccy and you should be planning for the worst.
>>
>>80932347
my gf lived top floor of michelson, the entire fucking 4 suite area was one open door party on most weekends. RAs didn't give two shits. Fun times and a good view. fuck the stairs though.

we had to drive to Severance for liquor, though. there never was a decent liquor store within a 20 minute drive of campus.
>>
>>80932347
>I mentioned the gun thing because that's what the lefties were most concerned about.

Of course they were. Lefties are terrified of guns. Every one I've ever met gives the same reason--"If I had a gun, I'd have already shot 30 people this week!"

It must be difficult to reconcile "Everyone is a unique special snowflake!" with "We're all the saaaaaaaaaame!!"
>>
>>80932689
Constantino's has booze, but I know what you mean. And yeah, those fucking stairs are a bitch.

>>80932627
It's all backed up already, don't worry. We're even going to work on the weekend.
>>
>>80933070
There was a lot of shit talking Ann Coulter and Milo today. They're both coming to do book signings and stuff.
>>
>>80931244
buy a regular webcam
buy 25ft usb cable
set up an account at any streaming site
post links
DO IT NOW
>>
>>80933074
I had to google Constantinos. New store at Euclid and Mayfield, right? Way back when the only groceries we had was the COOP. It was across the street from Mi Pueblo. No booze. You could get beer and wine at Boarding House (conv. store run by sketchy indians next to that terrible middle eastern restaurant at Euclid and Mayfield) but no actual hard liquor without driving to severance or up into the Heights somewhere. IIRC those fuckers got busted for selling underage about once ever 6mo.
>>
>>80933293
I'll do my best. I'll post more stuff when it gets closer to the convention. The police haven't moved in yet, so there aren't any protests here yet.

I imagine that once BLM hears that the police officers will be sleeping here, they'll be more than happy to riot outside to try to keep them up all night. That's when I'll have a great view. I will post under the name Student or CWRUStudent or something like that, so you know it's me.
>>
>>80933431
Yeah, Constantinos has overpriced grocery items and most beers and wines but they're the only one near here besides Dave's. Piñatas is also closing this year. They also don't have hard liquor, you still have to drive for that.
>>
>>80930149
Oh look a TAM110
>>
>>80933827
I know, it's not the same thing that was driving around here, but it's the closest thing I could find on google images without knowing what the actual vehicle is called. The one I saw was much bigger.
>>
>>80933158

Good luck.

I always confuse Cleaveland with Cincinnati. It was a nigger shithole the first (and last) time I had to be there, 15 years ago.

The doorman at my hotel stopped me from leaving for dinner at 7pm, saying "There ain't nothing good out there after dark. Go get a nice brekfuss instead."

If you don't already have a sidearm and a CC permit, now would be a good time.
>>
>>80933758
We had a Giant Eagle at the Cedar/Fairmont/Grandview clusterfuck intersection. Used to walk there when I lived on soverlook. Google says that it's a Dave's now. Interesting.
>>
File: cougar-4x4-mrap-08.jpg (165 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
cougar-4x4-mrap-08.jpg
165 KB, 1200x800
>>80933827
I used to own one of these and a TAM 150 which is a 6x6. What you're thinking is probably a decommissioned MRAP of some sorts.
>>
>>80933939
I managed to reply to myself, read
>>80934127
>>
>>80934127
No, it didn't look like that at all. It looked like some kind of mass transport vehicle, like the kind you put a bunch of troops in the back of.

>>80934044
I saw a pimp beat one of his prostitutes on the first train I ever took in from the airport. That's basically Cleveland east of the Cleveland Clinic.

>>80934052
Yeah, they've changed a ton of stuff since you were here. Uptown is definitely better off now, it's actually a nice place to hang out. There's this new Greek place tucked into a corner by Mitchell's if you ever visit.
>>
File: CNG-Truck3a.jpg (83 KB, 900x501) Image search: [Google]
CNG-Truck3a.jpg
83 KB, 900x501
>>80934976
Like this ?
>>
>>80935193
That's more like it, but it had a covered back.

Also, quick update, this petition just started moving around Facebook:
https://www.change.org/p/case-western-reserve-university-administration-reimburse-students-in-wake-of-cancelled-classes-bccd50cc-fc63-49d6-962d-d6a5d2716c05

Help a brother out.
>>
>>80935733

Any students who have classes that week (or the 2 weeks before or after) should be reimbursed.

The university rented out their empty dorms to make extra money.
Being too naive or stupid to understand that has ramifications is not a "get out of jail free" card.
Catering to people who need a half-pint of milk and nap time every afternoon has costs.
>>
>>80930149
Have fun, I'm leaving town when I get off work tomorrow and heading to the UP. I'll be back in a week. Fuck being anywhere near that shit.
>>
>>80936459
I payed for nine weeks of classes. I'm currently involved in research that could make cancer screenings extremely fast and cheap. The university has taken away one whole week of live classes. They tried to get around it by saying that it was only a suggestion, not mandatory, but that's just them passing the buck:

http://thedaily.case.edu/news/changes-to-campus-operations-during-rnc/

"faculty have been asked to identify ways to continue classes off campus July 18-21."

They say everything except "we will cancel classes" in a sad attempt to legalese their way out of this when the dust settles. Basically it's a "we aren't liable because we didn't cancel classes" bullshit move.
>>
>>80936863

You're the one that chose a university with a female president.

Let this be a lesson as to what divorce will be like.
>>
>>80938036
The president is just the one with the loudest mouth. It's the combination of her and the board that caused this problem.

But yes, this is quite a lesson.
>>
>>80931089
Best way to get by unharmed is to be in disguise. Antifa/BAMN wore all black, and are made up of typical degenerate leftists. So you should wear all black, get bright blue fake hair color spray, get a big commie insignia on you some where, just try to look ridiculous.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.