[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life as a Rebel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: rebel camusplus.jpg (121 KB, 340x525) Image search: [Google]
rebel camusplus.jpg
121 KB, 340x525
Okay, /pol/, so here's my situation.

I have an okay job and make a decent living, but I'm kinda detached from my career. It's just money to me.

I want an outlet that I can find some meaningful expression in. I'm a good-as-fuck writer, and I've had many essays accepted for publishing, and they have always received positive reviews. I get a lot of pleasure from writing, as it's both challenging, fulfilling, and serves as a channel for self expression.

Problem is...my writing is very political and so I've always had to publish anonymously for fear of reprisal. I don't want to lose my job, and I don't want to be doxxed by an Antifa lynch mob. But I feel empty and resentful with some fake entity taking credit for my writing. I want to make my mark on the world, /pol/, but how could I do that if I'm anonymous?

Is this just the consequence of living as a "rebel" in modern society?
>>
>>80921536
Lose your ego and resent
Who cares if your persona is more popular than you?

Youre on /pol/ so you should be smart enough to hide your identity well

Just keep writing guy
You've got it good don't fuck it up
>>
>>80921536
post your writing here anon
>>
Just write under a pen-name. It's better this way because there's less chance of you getting silenced.
>>
>>80922067

Yeah I'm kinda conflicted.

A big part of me tells me that my whole problem is just egotistical. I want attention, I want rewards, I want accolades. And I want it all for myself...the real me.

But I don't know, maybe you're right.

>>80922167

too scared ;_;
>>
>>80922475
Why do you want those things?

It's all trash desu
Are you that compelled to be some figurehead?
>>
>>80922475
Why are you scared? You already published stuff
>>
>>80922475
I used to be super elet haxr anomalous a couple of years back. I wrote my own 0day and shit. It was fun. Learned some lessons though. Mostly pride before the fall. Took me forever and several burned handles to do it.

Sometimes other people live to serve as reminders and warnings.

On the other hand, it's a Nubian Chalk Drawing board, I don't think you're going to have to be afraid. Plus you might get your ego stroked.
>>
>>80922965

Maybe you're right. Maybe publishing under a pseudonym and remaining anonymous will let me at least write with authentic goals (instead of just ego inflation).

Still...it'd be nice to have some tangible talent that I can show people irl.
>>
>>80922475
what are you afraid of OP?
>>
>>80921536
How can your writing be worth anything if it's just to make you famous?
>>
>>80923116
Afraid of getting found out I guess.

And afraid of having my stuff get lost, not get recognition, or be "stolen" by someone else.

Sounds dumb I know, but my ego is big.
>>
>>80923597
Good point, honestly.
>>
>>80921536
Use a pen-name you fucking retard. I look forward to your literature.
>>
>>80921536
Post your writing here at least.
>>
>>80923880

I might.

I feel like an attainable goal would be a staff writer at an alt-right news/opinion outlet of sorts (Return of Kings, VDARE, etc., obviously the less prestigious the easier it'll be).

Where do you think I should try to publish? (Not really interested in "publishing" on /pol/)
>>
>>80923621
You sound conflicted? I guess you can't get recognition without being found out. Why are you afraid of being found out?
>>
>>80924457

I'd like to be able to keep my job so I can pay my bills. I have the job through family connections (who are involved in politics, police, and school), and I don't need them losing their jobs over association with a "racist nephew".
>>
>>80924604
Yeah a lot of people are quick to cry "racist" these days. I guess you could publish with an alter ego? pseudonym?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.