[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trump's VP Selection Strategy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 15
File: Pence-Sessions-Gingrich-VPs.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Pence-Sessions-Gingrich-VPs.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
Let's discuss what Trump's strategy for selecting a VP should be. We know now that he has a short list, but he also said there may be some surprises.

So, IMO, there are two factors here.

>The First
Trump is not a politician, therefor he needs someone with a lot of experience to lend an air of legitimacy to his campaign. But at the same time, he must be sure not to pick someone who is too establishment, else he appears to be a charlatan. Those are the pro's and con's for Gingrich.

>Second
He needs a VP who will help him pick up those important swing states. So say, someone who would be popular in California or New York would obviously be ideal, but it doesn't appear he has an option there. So he must go for the next best thing. I assume that is what he is doing with Pence, but what states will Pence help him win? Is Indiana really a swing state? It isn't worth much, is it?

What do you guys think are the most important factors? Who do you think he should pick and why?

Also, I think that it is very funny seeing some of the younger folks here who obviously this is like their first presidential campaign, as is told by their VP suggestions. Early in the primaries, so many people were calling for black doctor man and even Ted Cruz. And I even saw some asking about Sanders, or saying Sanders pick would be a sure win.

I also feel really bad for all of those young fags who supported Bernie so hardcore. I don't think they realize that candidates who lose, especially in the primaries, fade out of memory very quickly. They still think they were a part of a revolution, but in 8 years, no one will remember Sanders's name.
>>
>>80918466
Jim Webb, baby.
>>
File: 1403649000694.jpg (13 KB, 295x295) Image search: [Google]
1403649000694.jpg
13 KB, 295x295
>>80918466
he's going to select your mom's pussy as his running VP
>>
>>80918466
>help him pick up those important swing states. So say, someone who would be popular in California or New York would obviously be ideal

Are you implying California is a swing state?
>>
Rand Paul
>anti-establishment with political experience
>will win over Bernouts, disaffected liberals, more blacks and the libertarian vote
>>
>>80918466
Besides Rand Paul, pic related is Trump's best choice.
>>
>>80918466
It's gonna be Gingrich or Christie. He needs to pull in the Centre.
>>
I imagine Trump wants someone
-experienced
-shares the same views
-without baggage
-well tempered
-loyal
-attractive
>>
Flynn would be best. Military man, outsider, hates political correctness, can reach across and sway other the disillusioned Democrats.
>>
>>80918466
You forget

>one that is not in the pockets of (((Wall Street))) to take over him when he gets JFK'd
>>
File: 1461820623826.jpg (68 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1461820623826.jpg
68 KB, 640x360
>>80918466
It will most likely be Gingrich, because he's establishment, but not too much, people have actually heard of him, he's a decent speaker, not afraid of publicity, and also seems like a sort of moderate side to Trump which might ease some of the concerns people have. I can't see Sessions happening just because he has a dogshit past that includes racist remarks that the media will be all over if he becomes Trump's VP nominee. He's also too hardcore on immigration and muh constitution, and seems very unlikely to appeal to Trump's core base of voters. Pence is a nobody, would be really out of the blue to pick him, but he seems on the calmer side which could contrast well with Trump's rambunctiousness. Also you didn't mention him, but a lot of kiddies here have been memeing General Flynn for VP. I don't see any way of that happening. I've seen the guy talk, and basically all he can do is babble about national security and islamic terrorism, not that those aren't important things, but he seems completely inept in issues outside of national security, which would really be offputting to voters. For example, during that interview a few days ago, he couldn't say much about domestic issues other than stutter out a few words about how 'it doesn't matter'. For a VP hopeful to be saying he's not concerned with domestic issues is just ridiculous. So yeah, i can't see any possibility of that meme becoming a VP, unless Trump is insane. Overall, I'd say Gingrich is 80% likely maybe 15% Pence, 5% wildcard
>>
Best VPs in descending order:
Rand
Flynn
Webb
Sessions
Ernst
Icahn
Ruboto
-
-
Kasich
Noot
-
-
Pence
Krispy Kreme
Bernie Sanders
>>
>>80918692
Spread 'em.
>>
>>80922153
>and seems very unlikely to appeal to Trump's core base of voter

Rather, he seems unlikely to appeal to voters outside of Trump's core base
>>
>>80921322
the abortion comment destroyed his chances. if he selects flynn, Gary Johnson will probably split the Republican vote with Trump.
>>
>>80918692
Fuck off canalfag
>>
>>80922153
Newt Gingrich is the Donald Trump of the Republican establishment.

Mike Pence is the generic store brand version of Paul Ryan.
>>
>>80919773
After how hard he was on Randy, it'll be too obvious a ruse. He might lose conservatives in equal measure.

But... He used to be pretty rosy to Rand, before the politics. Image for Rubiants incoming.
>>
>>80918466

You've got it all wrong OP

Trump's campaign has everything it needs except ONE thing: A GROUND GAME

Remember 2008? Students for Ron Paul?

They're called Young Americans for Liberty/Students for Liberty now and there's literally MILLIONS of them, signed up to 2000 or so chapters across the country

Trump needs to pick up a libertarian veep with SFL/YAL connections

This gives him two edges:

1) A MASSIVE ground game advantage over Hillary who will NEVER have anough enthusiasm to make up that deficit

2) Fully cucks Jeb/Romney and the rest of the neocons who are trying to take over the Libertarian party and deny him the election through a tactical state loss or two

Here's a helpful list:

Ron/Rand Paul
Congressman Massie
Congressman Labrador (hispanic)
Congressman Amash

Or pretty much anyone from the Liberty Caucus in the congress.

After picking him, he needs to look him straight in the eye, tell him to shut the fuck up and tell him:

"Your job is to get more people like you elected for the next 8 years"

and we'll finally get rid of the neocons/evangelicals/other freedom hating republicans
>>
>>80922161
He wanted Icahn as Sec of Treasury not VP
>>
>>80921720

Also this

>implying they'd let Ron ascend from Veep to Prez
>>
GENERAL MATTIS
>>
>>80922901
Better as Sec of Defense plus he's a Russian Shill
>>
>>80923163
>Russian Shill

Have you seen Flynn? Basically all he has done since being fired from the DIA is deepthroat russian dick 24/7
>>
>>80918466

>1 post by this ID

faggot
>>
>>80922728
>US Army Corps of Engineers detected
This is what I've been saying. Just browse ZuckerSpace; these kids are all preparing for yet ANOTHER wave of wasted LPA votes ("WE CAN FINALLY HAVE OUR THIRD PARTY THIS TIME" memers). Give these kids a reason to vote for Trump, educate them on how *legitimate* disestablishment politics work in the US. Amash would be a good choice, he's probably the most vociferous antiestablishment voice in the Liberty Caucus. I don't think any millennial currently #Vaping4Johnson hasn't read his tweets or ZuckBook posts.
>>
>>80922677
He complimented both Paul's recently.

Rand is perfect because you can bet all this weekend, snarky liberal faggots are going to comb through his selection and dig up dirt for bullshit and Rand is literally impeccable. The best they'll have is mandlet memes, and he will instantly solidify Trump as anti-globalist, and destroy Clinton's corporate shill choice.

He'll also block any moves from that Johnson faggot and his gun grabbing kike vp

Paul is the only smart choice.
Session/Flynn the safe choice.
Christie/Pence the meh choice
Gingrich the grassy knoll choice
>>
I feel like Newt Gingrich will be his Sarah Palin. It would fit the media narrative of "racist" and "sexist."
>>
>>80923893
>>80924179

Exactly.

Legitimate disestablishmentarianism needs to grow. Put Rand in as veep and we'll never have to deal with neocons on the right again

The dems will once again become the party of war, and we can take credit for the huge peacetime boom that follows.
>>
>>80924265
He wouldn't be a Palin- Gingrich is well spoken, but doesn't attract anyone new, or swings any states. He wouldn't even bring all that much to a VP position, he'd be a much better SecState
>>
>>80918929
I'm implying it could be if he had the right VP....
>>
>>80918683
fpbp
can't ebb the Webb
>>
>>80919773
I am from Kentucky and have met Rand, but I don't think he would accept.
>>
He's gonna pick some old white neocon faggot and lose the election. Enjoy 8 years of Hillary once she picks the Castro brothers to get the Hispanic vote.
>>
>>80924179
You might just be new here. It doesn't matter who his aide was; what matters is Hill's plan.
>>
>>80918683
based ohio
>>
>>80922728
Yeah, but do you really think that choosing a Libertarian VP would be enough to shift them towards Trump? Aren't they already supporting Johnson?
>>
>>80925733
Johnson has been sucking Hillary cock, people who hate her will leave him
>>
>>80924763
I'm not new actually

Need I remind you they tried the "racists ties" bullshit with Ron and he's no less beloved.

In fact, just not being a registered Dem is a guaranteed way to ensure some jew calls you a tangential racist on the dying newsite he works for. It's a totally inconsequential moniker.
>>
>>80924630
>makes fun of people making shitty political predictions
>believes that California and New York are in play

Lol you fucking moron
>>
>>80926428
I think that New York is far more in play than you realize. Trump is from New York, and that is going to help him a lot. I believe that he will be able to get people in NY energized to come out and vote for him who wouldn't vote otherwise. And the endorsement of Giuliani would help him tremendously. I could have sworn that Trump got more votes than Hillary in the primary.

So yeah. And could easily take California if he had, say, someone like Arnold as his VP.
>>
File: glock_19_austrian_proof_marks_3.jpg (349 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
glock_19_austrian_proof_marks_3.jpg
349 KB, 640x480
>>80926844
Arnold isn't eligible to be VP.
>>
Indiana is a solid red state and Pence is really unpopular here. There's really no benefit to picking him.
>>
It's going to be Christie

I really hope it's Santorum though, their message is very similar.
>>
File: David-Brown-QA[1].jpg (70 KB, 1024x688) Image search: [Google]
David-Brown-QA[1].jpg
70 KB, 1024x688
Trump is the law and order candidate.

Trump needs to convince on-the-fence voters that he is not a racist.

Trump needs to show the world that it's not business-as-usual with him.

Trump needs to choose Dallas Police Chief David Brown.

Trump/Brown have the only credible, non-cocked record when dealing with BLM, yet the Chief has actually done great work on police reforms in Dallas.

You have until Friday to make this happen, anons.
>>
>>80927071
>Pence is really unpopular here.

I keep hearing that...why?
>>
>>80927136
>Santorum
>4 months of immature liberals making anal sex jokes that indicate they have a deep-seeded disgust for gays

nah bro i'll pass
>>
>>80927273
He's mostly just a shitty Governor. He completely bungled his handling of an anti-gay agenda here in Indiana and when backed into a corner, waffled instead of sticking to his guns. He also tried to start a state-funded government news outlet in Indiana for some retarded reason.
>>
>>80919773
>Rand paul meme
hes isn't going to be there

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/rand-paul-skip-rnc-convention/
>>
>>80926844
Issue is that the Blacks in NYC hate Giuliani because he cleaned up the city, and some of the middle/upper class whites think hes washed up since 08
>>
File: huckabee.jpg (138 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
huckabee.jpg
138 KB, 640x360
Aren't you forgetting someone?
>>
>>80926963
It was only an example. I don't know enough about CA to know who could have an impact there.

>>80928154
Yeah, but the thing is, blacks also tend not to vote, so....If Trump was really smart, on election day, he would have some store or outlet give away free pairs of rare Jordan's, you just have to stand in line all day to get them.
>>
File: Untitled.png (98 KB, 775x719) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
98 KB, 775x719
>>80927251
This is exactly what I was talking about in the OP.
>>
>>80927071
This is what O mean.....he needs to pick someone from an important swing state.
>>
File: Untitled.png (81 KB, 967x420) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
81 KB, 967x420
If Trump is working for the Clintons he'll pick David Petraeus. That way among the other things, Petraeus will lessen the damage caused to Hillary via her acts of Treason.
>>
>>80921720

I am 100% convinced that the VP betting markets are actually scarcely disguised political assassination markets.
>>
>>80927852
What will your face be when he walks out on stage? Remember trump is an entertainer and uses that to get people excited.
>>
File: 1468468642459.png (585 KB, 809x952) Image search: [Google]
1468468642459.png
585 KB, 809x952
>>80918466
Lambright is the rumor
>>
>>80929581
Kill yourself wayne
>>
>>80925733

The serious ones (IE: the ones who actually have a future and will put in the elbow grease) will know to pick a republican over a libertarian candidate, every single time

Look up Wolf Von Laer and Cliff Maloney. They're both like, under 30, hyper competent and have been promoted to seriously responsible exec-level positions precisely for that reason: they worked hard as fuck for the right people

They, and everyone like them, are Randbots.

They, and eveyone like them, knows that if Rand is Veep, his only mission in life is going to be to foster the libertarian wing of the Republican party and get as many of them elected as they can

They WILL SHILL hard. They have credibility. they can command thousands of chapters of activists

The only reason Ted Cruz gave Trump a run for his money was the far superior ground game he had. That structure was YAF. YAF is to Reagan what YAL will be to Trump

Trump is destined to be the populist libertarian messiah
>>
>>80928768

This isn't that kind of election. Normally veeps are either chosen to cover some policy area (Like Obama picking Biden coz muh 30 yrs on foreign policy committee)

Or geographical shite like the governor of indiana

But this isn't a normal election

this election is about rearranging the political map. the neocons used to rule the republican roost. No longer. The evangelicals used to be their main sidekicks. look how hard Trump wiped the floor with Cruz.

No, there's only one rising faction in the GOP that can complement Trump's rising populism (and offset his inner fascist with freedom idolatry)

that's the libertarians

Rand Rand Rand
>>
>>80928769

>Dishonorable discharge

lel
>>
>>80922161

Get the fuck out of here with Webb. This meme needs to die.
>>
>>80928315

Secretary of some bullshit for being a good media bitch
>>
>>80918466
>swing states
>california or new york
>I pity youngsters who don't understand elections like i do
lmao OP trump has 0% chance in either of those states regardless of his VP pick.
Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio is what he needs to work on but im sure you understand that.
>>
>>80930854
I think he'd help tremendously with getting elected
>>
>>80931355
What is hyperbole?

Again, I was just using those as examples to the indoctrinated to whom I was referring.

However, I really think this election is going to surprise you. I wouldn't rule out any state at this point. There is just too much hatred for Hillary. And I also pointed out the reasons I feel that Trump can take NY in another post.

This is not a normal election. There are so many people I know who have never voted in their lives who are now getting registered just to vote for Trump.

You can't say he has 0 chance, that isn't true. I think a scandal is going to hit Hillary. There will just be too much on her, and something has to give.
>>
>>80932204
>someone popular in New York or California would be idea.
How is this hyperbole?
The statement is not exaggerated; it is wrong.

>NY in play 2016
Trump won the primary by a higher percentage than Hillary, but only got half as many votes. Dem turnout was more than double republican.
Bernie sanders got more votes in NY than Trump and Cruz together but he still lost.
>>
>>80933048
Dem turnout was the same as in 2008

Republican turnout in the entire Northeast was massively increased (as was turnout elsewhere)

If you don't think there are a lot of northeast Republicans who haven't bothered voting since the Republican party because the party of GAWD then you're fucking retarded, and doubly retarded for thinking Trump can't spin Hillary as a fucking carpetbagging whore

Even if he does lose New York it'll be very close, like 51% to 47%
>>
>>80933048
NY was a closed primary, wasn't it? Setting aside the fact that independents couldn't vote in the primary, I expect a lot of Bernouts will jump ship and either go out and vote for Trump or stay home and not vote for Hillary.
>>
>>80930653
It'll die on Friday and be reborn as reality.
>>
>>80933411
>being this bitter about the numbers
Just give it up anon.
>republican turnout was massively increased
So you think theres space there for it to massively increase again? Because it needs to literally double.
>trump can't spin hillary
Of course he can but how much? Enough to swing 40 points over the next 4 months?
>>80933509
>expecting bernies to jump to trump
Just a meme, anon. Trump will grab some of them but doubtfully even half. Bernie was strongly nevertrump from the beginning.
>>
>>80924700
Not gonna happen, faggot.
>>
>>80927756
>"anti-gay agenda"
He caved under the pressure of the lgbtwtfbbq lobby and the media and watered down the religious freedom restoration act. Never, ever give an inch to faggots or SJW's.
>>
>>80927273
Fucked up our education system so that there's a huge shortage of teachers

And yeah he pussed out about the RFRA and gay marriage shit
>>
>>80918466
Its newt. Why we still talking about this?
>>
>>80937977
>the religious freedom restoration act.

Why do you want to discriminate against people so badly?

We shouldn't have theocratic laws that giver religious people special privileges
>>
Can I get a John miller sound board?
>>
RAND

RAND

RAND
>>
File: rand.png (1 MB, 1381x651) Image search: [Google]
rand.png
1 MB, 1381x651
look in the middle between trump and hannity
T
R
U
M
P A U L
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.